PDA

View Full Version : Another Banker Bites the Dust !

Dianne
05-29-2015, 06:46 AM
http://nypost.com/2015/05/28/man-falls-to-death-outside-luxury-building/

An investment banker jumped to his death from the window of his million-dollar apartment in the Financial District on Thursday, sources and authorities said.

The 29-year-old man plunged from the 24th floor of the luxury Ocean apartment building at 1 West St. at about 10:40 a.m. and landed on a guardrail near the northbound Battery Park Underpass, narrowly missing a black SUV.

The man’s body was mangled by the impact, leaving one of the vehicle’s passengers horrified, witnesses said.

“I went outside, and the woman in the car was screaming, ‘I didn’t know where he came from!’ ” said Hans Peler, 48, a manager at the building’s parking garage.

“It happened right in front of our guy who waves cars in with the flag. He was so shaken up, I told him to go home.”

The gruesome aftermath sent tourists on an open-air bus that was stuck in traffic scrambling for their cellphones to snap pictures of the body, said workers at the building.

“The head hit the railing . . . Half his head is on one side of the railing, half on the other,” recalled Frank Rodriguez, 44, a handyman who was working nearby. “It’s never worth this . . . Life is too precious.”

Sources said the young banker had made several attempts to kill himself earlier in the morning, including cutting his wrists, before making the plunge.

The man — whom police did not immediately identify — was from a wealthy family in Westchester County, sources said.

He had apparently become very successful on his own.

He owned his apartment in the 36-story Ocean complex, which overlooks The Battery and New York Harbor, and had just returned from a vacation in the Bahamas, sources said.

Uriel999
05-29-2015, 07:39 AM
I wish they would all follow his example.

Suzanimal
05-29-2015, 07:59 AM
What is it with bankers jumping out of windows? It seems to be the preferred method of suicide for this particular profession.

Dianne
05-29-2015, 08:28 AM
What is it with bankers jumping out of windows? It seems to be the preferred method of suicide for this particular profession.

Either mind control or a nice shove.

thoughtomator
05-29-2015, 08:37 AM

maybe he couldn't find a nail gun he liked

presence
05-29-2015, 08:56 AM

Hangover from way too much cocaine and the closest suicide choice from the penthouse.

http://i62.tinypic.com/35jctnm.jpg

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-29-2015, 12:04 PM
http://nypost.com/2015/05/28/man-falls-to-death-outside-luxury-building/

An investment banker jumped to his death from the window of his million-dollar apartment in the Financial District on Thursday, sources and authorities said.

The 29-year-old man plunged from the 24th floor of the luxury Ocean apartment building at 1 West St. at about 10:40 a.m. and landed on a guardrail near the northbound Battery Park Underpass, narrowly missing a black SUV.

The man’s body was mangled by the impact, leaving one of the vehicle’s passengers horrified, witnesses said.

“I went outside, and the woman in the car was screaming, ‘I didn’t know where he came from!’ ” said Hans Peler, 48, a manager at the building’s parking garage.

“It happened right in front of our guy who waves cars in with the flag. He was so shaken up, I told him to go home.”

The gruesome aftermath sent tourists on an open-air bus that was stuck in traffic scrambling for their cellphones to snap pictures of the body, said workers at the building.

“The head hit the railing . . . Half his head is on one side of the railing, half on the other,” recalled Frank Rodriguez, 44, a handyman who was working nearby. “It’s never worth this . . . Life is too precious.”

Sources said the young banker had made several attempts to kill himself earlier in the morning, including cutting his wrists, before making the plunge.

The man — whom police did not immediately identify — was from a wealthy family in Westchester County, sources said.

He had apparently become very successful on his own.

He owned his apartment in the 36-story Ocean complex, which overlooks The Battery and New York Harbor, and had just returned from a vacation in the Bahamas, sources said.
God damn freaks of nature

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-29-2015, 12:04 PM

Or homicide :cool:

Cissy
05-29-2015, 12:06 PM

My suspicion is homicide. Either the poor fellow learned too much or he refused to do something unethical---and was "punished".

specsaregood
05-29-2015, 12:06 PM
Sometimes the attitude of people on this site downright disgust me.

AuH20
05-29-2015, 12:10 PM
Status and money is the key to happiness. ROFL It's funny how the democrats and SJWs scream about income equality and then this stuff goes on.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-29-2015, 12:21 PM
Status and money is the key to happiness. ROFL It's funny how the democrats and SJWs scream about income equality and then this stuff goes on.
I'm pretty sure the income gap is an orchestrated lie because when you look at the source of all the information they compare the salaries of all men to the salaries of all women, they don't even look at what jobs they are comparing to. So if one male CEO makes a billion dollars a year that will bring the average up extremely high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM

AuH20
05-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Pressure and drugs.......................The same old story for these parasites.

http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2015/05/thomas-j-hughes-investment-banker-who-jumped-to-his-death-drugs-made-him-suicidal/

AuH20
05-29-2015, 12:35 PM

If you're not a partner by age 35, you may as well kill yourself. It's a horseshit profession that is literally detached from reality. That's why the downfalls are so dramatic.

dannno
05-29-2015, 01:00 PM
Sometimes the attitude of people on this site downright disgust me.

Can you be more specific? What attitude? I think the main purpose of these threads is to document the mysterious death of bankers who may or may not have crossed the higher-ups.

paulbot24
05-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Well techincally he "bit" the guardrail. ;)