PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Residents Confused with the Concept of Defending Themselves

AuH20
05-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Talk about brainwashed.

http://www.mail.com/news/us/3580888-baltimore-bloodier-arrests-drop-post-freddie-gray.html#.23140-stage-hero1-2

West Baltimore residents worry they've been abandoned by the officers they once accused of harassing them, leaving some neighborhoods like the Wild West without a lawman around. "Before it was over-policing. Now there's no police," said Donnail "Dreads" Lee, 34, who lives in the Gilmor Homes, the public housing complex where Gray, 25, was chased down. "People feel as though they can do things and get away with it. I see people walking with guns almost every single day, because they know the police aren't pulling them up like they used to."

Police Commissioner Anthony Batts said his officers "are not holding back," despite encountering dangerous hostility in the Western District. "Our officers tell me that when officers pull up, they have 30 to 50 people surrounding them at any time," Batts said.

juleswin
05-28-2015, 12:39 PM
It takes a while to find your balance after the training wheels have been taken off. But in due time, they figure it out.

Also one has to wonder if the residents are still taxed for policing and just not delivering. Someone needs to stop their pay cheques stat.

morfeeis
05-28-2015, 02:14 PM
They damn well better learn to defend themselves, the idea of the people being in charge of the defense of ones community is a hell of a lot better than armed thugs who can get away with murder at will...

invisible
05-28-2015, 03:03 PM
Our officers tell me that when officers pull up, they have 30 to 50 people surrounding them at any time

This gives me hope. Hopefully this will happen more and more often, in more and more places. This is a good portion of what it will take to turn this problem around.