PDA

View Full Version : HOT topics for NH Letter writers!

GunnyFreedom
12-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Another "poll" topic.

From the Rasmussen polls, which appear dramatically skewed against Ron Paul even as compared to the Zogby polls, there comes a tidbit of data that should help with New Hampshire letter writers.

Here are the New Hampshire "Hot Button Topics" in order of importance:

25% Immigration
24% Economy
20% National security
15% War in Iraq
5% Government ethics and corruption
4% Health care
3% Social Security
3% Some other issue
1% Not sure

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008__1/state_toplines/new_hampshire_republican_primary_toplines_november _29_2007

Point being, that for those writing letters to New Hampshire voters, the first four topics in the list about would be a good focus point I think.

GunnyFreedom
12-05-2007, 08:05 AM
MORE GRIST FOR THE LETTER WRITERS MILL

For another perspective, Suffolk University did a non-automated survey on hotbutton issues , and came up with the following:

Q39
Q39. Of the following national issues, which is the most important to you?

Iraq War 22%
Healthcare 18%
Economy/Jobs 16%
National defense 10%
Education 7%
National deficit/National debt 5%
Environment/Global warming 4%

http://www.suffolk.edu/files/SUPRC/11.28.07WebMarginals.pdf

GunnyFreedom
12-05-2007, 08:07 AM
thus, it would seem to me that: Economy, Iraq, and National Defense are the biggies. Both polls agree on those. Ron Paul has strong positions on all these topics, of course.

noxagol
12-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Another "poll" topic.

From the Rasmussen polls, which appear dramatically skewed against Ron Paul even as compared to the Zogby polls, there comes a tidbit of data that should help with New Hampshire letter writers.

Here are the New Hampshire "Hot Button Topics" in order of importance:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008__1/state_toplines/new_hampshire_republican_primary_toplines_november _29_2007

Point being, that for those writing letters to New Hampshire voters, the first four topics in the list about would be a good focus point I think.

I think you could put in the first 5 since Ron Paul isn't corrupt.

GunnyFreedom
12-05-2007, 08:34 AM
Amen to that noxagol! 100% with you on that one.

disclaimer - I think polls are stupid. But if we can get good data to help us on on what *topics* to focus on, it may help the letter writing campaign.

by the way, another thing which both polls seem to agree on, and I cannot fathom WHY, is that Ron Paul's support amongst women is dismal. If you remove women from the polls, he tracks anywhere from 12% to 18%. include women and you are between 5% and 7%.

I can't fathom why this would be so. Why do women not like him? Why do women pick Giuliani, a womanizer, and Romney, with his own issues, over Paul, married for 50 years???????????

What is wrong with this picture?

add:

but this does seem to shed light on the decision to have Dr Paul's wife making the robo-call message. what is wrong with the ladies in NH? they have the strongest 'unfavorable' rating along with 'unlikely to change mind' it seems. I just don't get it.

noxagol
12-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Amen to that noxagol! 100% with you on that one.

disclaimer - I think polls are stupid. But if we can get good data to help us on on what *topics* to focus on, it may help the letter writing campaign.

by the way, another thing which both polls seem to agree on, and I cannot fathom WHY, is that Ron Paul's support amongst women is dismal. If you remove women from the polls, he tracks anywhere from 12% to 18%. include women and you are between 5% and 7%.

I can't fathom why this would be so. Why do women not like him? Why do women pick Giuliani, a womanizer, and Romney, with his own issues, over Paul, married for 50 years???????????

What is wrong with this picture?

add:

but this does seem to shed light on the decision to have Dr Paul's wife making the robo-call message. what is wrong with the ladies in NH? they have the strongest 'unfavorable' rating along with 'unlikely to change mind' it seems. I just don't get it.

I don't know. He doesn't pander? I honestly think its not his support from women that is lacking, but that his support from men is just really really big. Especially white men, the group that receives NO pandering from politicians. Most white men are fed up with all the pandering to all the other demographics and most just want equal rights and no pandering at all. I know I do. I think this is the reason that most of Ron Paul's support comes from white males. It's not because everyone else is lagging behind in support, it is because that demographic is sprinting ahead with the torch.