PDA

View Full Version : Santa Monica Tea Party Update

Steven Vincent
12-05-2007, 03:04 AM
http://ronpaulfreedommessage.com/media.teaparty.jpg

Great news! G. Edward Griffin, one of the founding fathers of the freedom movement in America, has agreed to open our Santa Monica Tea Party ceremony with an opening statement! For those of you unfamiliar with him, he introduced Ron Paul at the USC rally in September and is perhaps best known as the author of “The Creature from Jekyll Island”, which is a classic on the Federal Reserve Bank.

This could end up being a pretty big event. People are coming from San Diego, Ventura, Santa Barbara and Riverside! The vibe looks strong.

Many other cities are now following suit and planning their own Tea Parties. Among them are Sacramento, San Francisco, North Carolina, Nashville and of course the biggie, Boston. They have rented on Fanueil Hall and Rand Paul will speak and the Ron Paul Blimp will be parked overhead!

Please note a change to the crates concept. Instead of dumping the contents into the water (we had been thinking of dead leaves since it’s kinda like tea) we will toss the crate into the water but attached to a line so it will be pulled right back up again.

We need a creative team to put together the crates and the banner and the signs. Some people have already volunteered, more are invited to participate. Contact Roger Pruyne at <haqpunk@gmail.com>

Some people still want to dress like Indians, as the colonists did.

It would be cool to have a fife and drum corps (or at least the drum). A drum roll before we toss each of the undesirables overboard would add a nice touch. Any ideas in that direction?

We will be going for TV media coverage. If you are good with media relations, please volunteer to help with that angle.

The march and ceremony will be live webcast via The Freedom Message.

There will also be a Tea Party Celebration from 5 PM at a local Santa Monica establishment to be determined. If someone out there lives in that area and can scope out a good place for this, maybe on 3rd Street Promenade, that would be a HUGE help. Criteria would be: 1) they don’t charge us because hey we are bringing them 150-200 people on a slow Sunday and preferably they kick us back a percentage of the bar that we can then kick down to the campaign 2) it can accommodate 150-200 people 3) a location that has an outside area on the street so we can put up banners and be visible to the public 4) a screen that we can project the campaign web site so we can watch the $$$$ totals like it was the Super Bowl (ability to hook in a laptop) 5) space and facilitites for live entertainment if we can get some bands/musicians to play and have a stage for announcements, speakers ect.. Please volunteer to make the party happen...let’s decorate and prepare a nice atmosphere and who knows maybe the press will want to drop in and cover the festivities.

Lucid American
12-05-2007, 07:28 AM
is perhaps best known as the author of “The Creature from Jekyll Island”, which is a classic on the Federal Reserve Bank.
For anyone who's never read this, BUY A COPY . . . TODAY!!! Well, after 12/16. :D Fantastic book that totally changed the way I look at the world.

Does anyone else get the idea that Paul's pretty popular in California? The LA Times has printed many articles on him, and it seems like I've seen a number of other things about him from CA.

terryp
12-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Can't wait to see all the activities !!!!

MyKillK
12-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Cool...Well, I'm from the Bakersfield Meetup and I might have to come over to see the event!

TheHand
12-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Perhaps not dressing as Indians might be worth considering. I know it is a historical reference but might be spun badly. Just a thought and good luck and success!

paulgirl
12-05-2007, 01:46 PM
I really want to come up from Orange.

Please don't dress up like Indians. That would be really embarrassing and the media would love to make us look like racists. You know how whenever there is a really great thing and then the media hones in on this minor stupid thing? thats what is going to happen.

jb4ronpaul
12-05-2007, 01:50 PM
columbus ohio is doing a public event too

austin4paul
12-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Yes, and we took your GREAT idea and are having a tea party in Austin, TX also! So, if you're reading this and you'll be in our neck of the woods on the 16th, join us! Here's a website with more information:

http://www.freewebs.com/austinteaparty

FluxCapacitor
12-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Here is more information about the Santa Monica Tea Party:

http://freedomactivists.com/

Benaiah
12-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Have you guys posted this on the LA and San Diego meetups?

Tidewise
12-10-2007, 01:39 PM
I will be in full Patriot regalia ... spin that MSM!