PDA

View Full Version : Federal Judge Rules Against Washington DC’s “Good Reason” Gun Licensing Requirement

BarryDonegan
05-19-2015, 12:46 PM
http://truthinmedia.com/federal-judge-rules-against-washington-dcs-good-reason-gun-licensing-requirement/

On Monday, US District Judge Frederick J. Scullin Jr. ruled that a provision in a Washington DC law requiring applicants for handgun carry licenses to justify why they need their Second Amendment rights is unconstitutional and ordered an injunction halting its enforcement.

jonhowe
05-19-2015, 01:03 PM
Well, duh.

Right?

Root
05-19-2015, 01:20 PM
This needs to happen to NJ's "justifiable need" law.

Ronin Truth
05-19-2015, 02:44 PM
Well, duh.

Right? Ditto!

aGameOfThrones
05-19-2015, 03:47 PM
You're a criminal if you can't justify the need for a gun.

05-19-2015, 08:40 PM
You're a criminal if you can't justify the need for a gun.

Except in NJ. Seems only criminals get to carry in NJ. drawn out process to even purchase one never mind carry. And funny a 'may issue' state and even to non residents! Guess they are more important than the poor NJ citizens. Maybe all non criminals should just continue to leave the state.

tangent4ronpaul
05-19-2015, 08:59 PM
This needs to happen to NJ's "justifiable need" law.

ditto MD

-t

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-20-2015, 01:36 AM
lol NJ you can go to jail for 2 years just for having a taser.

05-20-2015, 07:56 AM
and need a firearms ID card for a bbgun! and a pistol permit for a pistol type! NJ it seems to have justifiable cause you would have to be shot in thehead and then they'd say you had a mentalissue. I don't know what else to think. Even the ID card requires fingerprints, references and they really invade privacy and take forever to issue for the most part. Criminals have no problem though, seems to be many guns available for them to kill the sitting ducks in NJ. They KNOW we can't carry so they have full reign.

05-20-2015, 07:59 AM
Some dept even send letters to employers. There was just a ruling that only what is on the actual form may be asked. not all the addl garbage some dept. seem to do. Even with the regular form so much info required. The regular citizen is treated like the criminal.

osan
05-20-2015, 08:00 AM
Maybe all non criminals should just continue to leave the state.

So long as they don't stink up WV, I don't care where they go.

osan
05-20-2015, 08:04 AM

"New Jersey" is American slang for "shit hole"

So are:

Massachussetts
Connecticut
Ill-Annoy
Maryland
California
New York
Ohio
Florida
Rhode Island

Vernacular is such an odd thing, don't you think?

05-20-2015, 08:39 AM
So long as they don't stink up WV, I don't care where they go.

Non criminals are leaving, many for rights not given in NJ. Lost a rep. last census.

05-20-2015, 08:41 AM
"New Jersey" is American slang for "shit hole"

So are:

Massachussetts
Connecticut
Ill-Annoy
Maryland
California
New York
Ohio
Florida
Rhode Island

Vernacular is such an odd thing, don't you think?
Why Fl and Ohio. As far as gunrights, Ohio just decided to honor all CCP and Fl issues to all citizens of the US. Maybe for something else but not the subject of this thread. I m confused.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-21-2015, 01:14 AM
I wish more people would just flat out say they need their guns to defend themselves against you, the members of government.