jct74
05-15-2015, 01:12 PM
update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQeifFnFSW8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQeifFnFSW8

--

RonPaul4Prez2012
05-15-2015, 10:23 PM
I'll be watching. Finally a decent guest.

r3volution 3.0
05-16-2015, 12:26 AM
Two men, four first names, let the battle begin!

RabbitMan
05-16-2015, 01:17 AM
Two men, four first names, let the battle begin!

Hahaha, +rep to you my friend.

Edit: oops, gotta spread it around first. Doh!

Warlord
05-16-2015, 12:25 PM
should be good

pulp8721
05-16-2015, 12:55 PM
My prediction for the topics:
-Jeb Bush's comments about Iraq. Todd will find a way to connect this to Ron.
-Expiration of the patriot act and the recent NSA ruling. Why he opposes the USA Freedom Act, and what his alternative is.
-Death of Abu Sayeff in Syria. He'll be asked whether he thinks the US will do more.
-Meeting with CBC about CJR. May be asked again about his Baltimore train comments.
-Stephanopoulos Donations.-Tsarnaev Verdict and the death penalty.

nikcers
05-16-2015, 07:56 PM
I think he has a good chance to win the debate on foreign policy, the more he exposes the neo con agenda the better he looks. He needs to say, we need to stop doing the same thing and electing the same people while expecting different results. He needs to say if you elect hillarybush we will get war, if you support me i will keep you safe without sending our kids to die.

Warlord
05-17-2015, 08:22 AM
any video?

thechitowncubs
05-17-2015, 08:42 AM
Show is over in 18 minutes.

jct74
05-17-2015, 09:00 AM
Video cuts off at 10:00 mark again, not sure why Rand's uploaders keep doing that. But I think it was at pretty close to the end of the interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwAeFAFYxTE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwAeFAFYxTE

Virgil
05-17-2015, 09:02 AM
How'd he do?

-Virgil

Warlord
05-17-2015, 09:14 AM
he did fine

ctiger2
05-17-2015, 09:30 AM
I get so frustrated when I watch Rand interviews. He's clearly head and shoulders above anyone else who's running and at the same time he sucks.

Crashland
05-17-2015, 09:52 AM
Rand did an excellent job in this interview. I especially liked his education ideas, which is really a unique way of looking at it and I think it will be a popular position across the board except perhaps teacher's unions :-p

robertwerden
05-17-2015, 09:56 AM
The education subject is so important to winning.
When students hear the message of being able to attend an online college level class, with a Harvard or MIT instructor that is dirt cheap compared to what they would pay if they where in that professors class room, they will vote for him just for the opportunity and the savings. This is a very powerful way to attract not only youth, but stay at home parents, specifically women who want to finish their degrees. This needs to be pushed, because it is the youth, female and minority vote that will win Rand the election.

Brian4Liberty
05-17-2015, 10:01 AM
Good job by Rand.

On the discussion of education at the end, Chuck Todd is either playing dumb or is simply a statist simpleton. Todd tried to equate having the best teachers teach more students, presumably via the internet, with centrally controlled and planned education by the government in the form of Common Core. Only an imbecile could think that those have to go together.

Having a popular and effective internet teacher in no way requires central government control.

CaptUSA
05-17-2015, 10:03 AM
When students hear the message of being able to attend an online college level class, with a Harvard or MIT instructor that is dirt cheap compared to what they would pay if they where in that professors class room, they will vote for him just for the opportunity and the savings. This is a very powerful way to attract not only youth, but stay at home parents, specifically women who want to finish their degrees. This needs to be pushed, because it is the youth, female and minority vote that will win Rand the election.
It hits on several levels.

First, it provides access to lower income Americans.
Next, it provides access even outside of America - Good for a nation of immigrants.
Next, it provides a huge money-making proposition to people like Peter Thiel who has been pushing this idea. Deep pockets.
Then, it gets the teachers' unions fired up. But in a way that there is no mistaking who they are really concerned about. Hint: it ain't the kids.
Finally, it helps with a younger generation that is looking for new ideas for old problems.

This issue is a winner. Hopefully, he baited some unions with this discussion...

Schifference
05-17-2015, 10:09 AM
Intelligent poor people have no problem acquiring an education in the US. The middle wage or upper middle wage earners are the ones that are suffering.

RabbitMan
05-17-2015, 11:14 AM
I get so frustrated when I watch Rand interviews. He's clearly head and shoulders above anyone else who's running and at the same time he sucks.

Go on?

Occam's Banana
05-17-2015, 11:54 AM
Having a popular and effective internet teacher in no way requires central government control.

Khan Academy (https://www.khanacademy.org/) FTW!

Brian4Liberty
05-17-2015, 12:03 PM

Foreigner
05-17-2015, 12:20 PM
Khan Academy (https://www.khanacademy.org/) FTW!

Oh yes! Rand also praised it before.

Intelligent poor people have no problem acquiring an education in the US. The middle wage or upper middle wage earners are the ones that are suffering.

That's not something you would say if you went to a crummy inner city school where many of the students can't even read, and many don't graduate. At home they have failed families, so their parents can't compensate the crappy education they receive at school.

Besides, at an early stage in a childs development, I seriously doubt that there are dumb kids and smart kids - unless there is some brain damage. The human mind can develop extraordinary - especially at an early age, but it needs inspiration and dedication to do so. I know 5-year old kids that are fluent in english, norwegian and then a third language. (usually the mother tongue of one of the parents) They didn't learn it because they are smart - they automatically learned it because they where exposed to it regularly. It's the same with maths, they will learn it easily if somebody inspires them to like it, and pushes them to work on it regulary. That's the power of the human brain.

Sola_Fide
05-17-2015, 01:35 PM

Haha...I feel the same way.

ctiger2
05-17-2015, 02:13 PM
Go on?

It's as simple as this. I loathe politicians. Politicians & News Media hate(d) Ron Paul. Therefore, I loved Ron Paul. Everytime they attacked him, I felt like they were attacking me personally. When Ron didn't back down, it brought a sense of euphoria into my body. I felt a deep bond to the guy. Rand is an enigma to me, divided between politician & principle. He'll say something principled and I'll start to resonate, then he switches to politician and it really turns me off. I want to like him, but I just can't do it, so it essentially makes me angry listening to him. :) I should probably just ignore him from now on, better for my health.

JohnGalt23g
05-17-2015, 03:23 PM
It's as simple as this. I loathe politicians.

Lesson One in the garnering/exercise of power:

Never try to take the politics out of politics...

Jamesiv1
05-17-2015, 04:19 PM
yes, that is an awesome, forward-thinking proposal. First I've heard about it. Has he been talking about this?

JohnGalt1225
05-17-2015, 04:32 PM
It hits on several levels.

First, it provides access to lower income Americans.
Next, it provides access even outside of America - Good for a nation of immigrants.
Next, it provides a huge money-making proposition to people like Peter Thiel who has been pushing this idea. Deep pockets.
Then, it gets the teachers' unions fired up. But in a way that there is no mistaking who they are really concerned about. Hint: it ain't the kids.
Finally, it helps with a younger generation that is looking for new ideas for old problems.

This issue is a winner. Hopefully, he baited some unions with this discussion...
Exactly, it's very refreshing to see genuinely innovative ideas being proposed. The education system in this nation has flaws and far too often those on the right have ceded the issue to leftists who just talk about "investing" in education, or a conservative will just talk of vague "reform" or vouchers. What Rand is talking about is more specific and very forwarding looking. It's truly "progressive."

dude58677
05-17-2015, 04:57 PM
It's as simple as this. I loathe politicians. Politicians & News Media hate(d) Ron Paul. Therefore, I loved Ron Paul. Everytime they attacked him, I felt like they were attacking me personally. When Ron didn't back down, it brought a sense of euphoria into my body. I felt a deep bond to the guy. Rand is an enigma to me, divided between politician & principle. He'll say something principled and I'll start to resonate, then he switches to politician and it really turns me off. I want to like him, but I just can't do it, so it essentially makes me angry listening to him. :) I should probably just ignore him from now on, better for my health.

His voting record should give you europhia. He talks like a politician but votes like Ron Paul.

Brett85
05-17-2015, 05:01 PM

That's understandable, but at the same time, if he tried to get your support he would have no chance at all to win the GOP nomination.

r3volution 3.0
05-17-2015, 05:39 PM
Excellent work by Rand!

On the other hand, Todd's biases were showing clearly.

Trying to insinuate that Rand was a fan of Saddam, trying to insinuate that Rand sympathizes with Iran, and then most obviously - his idiotic remark about education. One teacher teaching millions of students via the internet =/= nationalized education (duhfuck?). Does he think "nationalized" means "nation-wide"? What an idiot. I actually don't think that one was a smear attempt (or if it was it a really pathetic one), more a reflection of Todd's own confusion. Rand fumbled slightly on his answer, presumably because he couldn't believe that Todd was actually saying the incredibly stupid thing he appeared to be saying.

I'm getting really sick of guys named Todd...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohXn8WKpYaA

francisco
05-17-2015, 05:56 PM
Rand knocked it out of the park in that interview

Crashland
05-17-2015, 06:11 PM
Todd's biases were obvious but at least he kept the questions short and let Rand talk.

dillo
05-17-2015, 06:41 PM
He needs to start prepping on how to debate the "merica" crowd.

I get the non-intervention thing, but it takes a brain to comprehend the concept that as a country we aren't always right. Most of the country lacks the ability to rationalize that.

squirl22
05-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Besides, at an early stage in a childs development, I seriously doubt that there are dumb kids and smart kids - unless there is some brain damage.

I worked in early childhood development for a number of years and what I saw is that all children are equally smart with the exception of those with brain damage of some sort or those who are exceptionally brilliant. It isn't until children enter school that suddenly there are dumb kids and smart kids. So, you are absolutely correct.

squirl22
05-17-2015, 07:16 PM
His voting record should give you europhia. He talks like a politician but votes like Ron Paul.

Rand has a 96% rating with the Heritage Foundation;Rubio has an 88%. Over at HotAir, Rand is called a weirdo and Rubio a conservative. Obviously, there are a lot of conservatives who have no idea what conservative means..they are really neocons who want to blow the bejesus out of anyone and make a lot of money for the gunrunners and moneychangers. It's very discouraging and coming over here to where there are supposed to be Rand supporters and hearing the same garbage about Rand is also discouraging. He's walking the path...same as his father...but he wants to win, unlike his father.

anaconda
05-18-2015, 03:22 AM
Good God Rand is getting smooth as silk. And starting to sound more like his dad every day.

anaconda
05-18-2015, 03:24 AM
Rand has a 96% rating with the Heritage Foundation;Rubio has an 88%. Over at HotAir, Rand is called a weirdo and Rubio a conservative. Obviously, there are a lot of conservatives who have no idea what conservative means..they are really neocons who want to blow the bejesus out of anyone and make a lot of money for the gunrunners and moneychangers. It's very discouraging and coming over here to where there are supposed to be Rand supporters and hearing the same garbage about Rand is also discouraging. He's walking the path...same as his father...but he wants to win, unlike his father.

You fully get it. Hope there will be many more that wake up like you have done. Nice to have you on the RPFs.

anaconda
05-18-2015, 03:41 AM
Todd's biases were obvious but at least he kept the questions short and let Rand talk.

Agreed. Well said, succinct and spot on.

Feeding the Abscess
05-18-2015, 04:32 AM
Good God Rand is getting smooth as silk. And starting to sound more like his dad every day.

Well, aside from saying we should keep the NSA.

05-18-2015, 08:06 AM
Good interview.

I like his stance on the NSA, but I think he needs to be careful with that line he's walking as I imagine Rubio and Bush will claim we'll end up with more Boston bombers if we do away with the spying on citizens.

anaconda
05-18-2015, 10:27 PM
Well, aside from saying we should keep the NSA.

Noted.