PDA

View Full Version : Radio (no rp)

aksendz
12-05-2007, 01:22 AM
On a tangent, but does anyone know how to start an FM radio station? Equipment needed, filling with FCC and ect.

pdavis
12-05-2007, 01:36 AM
I don't know. But, I can take you to see the Oracle (http://www.google.com) and maybe she can help you find the answers to the questions you ask.:D

aksendz
12-05-2007, 02:14 AM
I have spent many hours consulting the Oracle yet her language provides ambiguous information.

I seek resources from a veteran. :cool:

xao
12-05-2007, 02:23 AM
I wanted to do this some years ago.

Do a search for "pirate radio", "Free radio"
or free radio santa cruz.

A bunch of stations in the bay area of california are still on the air despite threats from the FuCC.

The fcc could lose in court so perhaps that's why many times they don't go after people.

It certainly should be our air waves, not the big companies. No one should be allowed to own a local radio market. Where I live, they do.

As I said before, if everyone got to have their genred radio station in their area, there would be less complaints.

so one station could cover classic rock n roll, new rock, classical music/symphonys, alternative, rap, country, electro, folk(all types), metal, jazz, punk, local news/politics(though these would be better for AM radio), etc.

so that's like 1 station every 2 frequencies(?) up the dial. power restrictions could be set for each area depending on population. just make it fair. if someone is going over on power or leaching then the community can have some type of testing or group census monitor this each week. if people go over the line too many times, then they lose their station and someone else takes over and gets to make a station with his/her own djs.

everyone should be able to get involed by then. each station could have guest hours, manadatory geust djs, etc.

xexkxex
12-05-2007, 02:23 AM
I think you mgiht want to try again...

This time click on the first 3-4 links and read them...:)

Here you go....(googled....how to start a fm radio station)

http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+start+a+fm+radio+station&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

aksendz
12-05-2007, 08:43 AM
I got 2/3 first links in purple already ;)
Thanks anyway.

I dont want to go pirat bcs I want it to be legit. Like actually selling airspace.

Conza88
12-05-2007, 10:21 AM
ronpaulradio.com
its up, request to be a host it PWNS!!

fluoridatedbrainsoup
12-05-2007, 03:13 PM
heh, there's a pirate ron paul radio station here in wilmington. I'll have to ask how he did it, but the station itself only picks up for a block or two, so he must have a transmitter just not quite powerful enough to draw undesirable attention.

aksendz
12-05-2007, 06:28 PM
I am thinking of going pirate
I'm in los angeles and prob will be hard to triangulate.

Either way, isn't it hard to get started

And thx for all the help so far :]

xao
12-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Remember the movie pump up the volume?

Apparently you really can buy those portable transmitters. In fact I remember seeing one for about 250 dollars.

It's cheap to do low power fm. you can do it for about 400-500 dollars with a 4-12 foot tower/antena. I think a 8-10 foot tower can get a radius of about 5-20 miles in flat land.