PDA

View Full Version : Consider this for targeting musicians for RP... www.RonRox.com

acmegeek
12-05-2007, 01:12 AM
I do not have the connections or time to pull this off, but I think it is a great idea.

Many if not most musicians, mainstream, indy or otherwise, would seem to appreciate Ron's message of freedom. I think we should use our collective networks to get the word out to have them all voice their support in one voice, maybe write songs, etc for RP!

A couple months ago, I registered

www.RonRox.com

It is probably one of the shortest and I think coolest domain names for Ron.

I had planned to do some things with it but my available time is not what I'd need.

The idea would be to set it up with a registry or sorts for musicians, singers, and artists to publicly throw their support behind RP. To say that Ron Paul Rox!

I have tons more ideas along these lines for this. Reply to this thread or send me a PM if you are interested in discussing.

And just imagine some sort of freedom concert all about RP and his message. This could be big. I'm sure that a lot of mainstream artists would be interested. And the ticket to get in is a printout of your RP donation that day. :)

Downloadable songs, videos (youtube, etc), photos of artists with their RP sign or shirt.

Thanks!

hillertexas
12-05-2007, 01:16 AM
http://ronpaulapalooza.com/

acmegeek
12-05-2007, 02:13 AM
Yes, that is part of it. I'm thinking of more of a RP community for musicians and artists. A place where people can specifically find out who their favorite artists are supporting. I do have a bit of experience developing a community like this. I personally developed and designed this pretty much from scratch: http://www.vizions.com/ (it is still in beta, we haven't marketed it yet)

I'm thinking of something that would be catchy, have a clean professional design, and most of all convey that Paul is the candidate they didn't know they wanted.

Does anybody here work in the music industry or have any connections?

acmegeek
12-05-2007, 09:21 AM
bump...

Anybody have the contacts? See the potential here?

Or how about other uses for the domain?

Lucid American
12-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Kevn Kinney (frontman for Atlanta band Drivin' N' Cryin) doesn't have nationwide appeal, but he is a true patriot, my all time favorite American songwriter, and I think he'd be down with it.

I've actually thought about suggesting a live music benefit concert for the Tea Party but haven't.

In fact, I think Kinney's following song is an appropriate song for Ron Paul.

With the People
The carpet maker lays the color of the day
Lost and torn and worn to tears from trying to stay awake
Who is it that allows this global pillage that you seek?
The blind will only shine in the light if everyone can meet me halfway

Singing along
It’s a long, long road that we’re starting on
The people of the town must gather ‘round
But the leaders must start the march then fall behind
To walk with the people

Sunset city sky, 9 o’clock at night
They gathered around the square to show them
That we care to call them to
What it is we need
What they believe we need
What it is we see
What they believe we see

It’s been a long, long wrong
And it keeps on going on and on and on
The people must right the wrongs
And the singers must sing the songs
And walk with me and sing with the people

His eyebrows raised in a means of disconcern to warn
Come around along again, today his head’s on strong
Stand in line at quittin’ time, head out to City Hall
Spend half the night tryin’ to change the world, so his kids can live at all

And sing along with the wind
Keep the puppets on their strings
For at least then we’ll know where they are
And someday they may wake up
And walk with me and sing with the people

ACTUALLY: READING THROUGH THIS, IT STRIKES ME THAT THIS SONG MIGHT BE AN EFFECTIVE PLATFORM FOR MUSICIANS TO GET TOGETHER ON.

I know John Mayer is from Atlanta and might support Ron Paul -- I have to think Kevn Kinney supports Ron Paul, knowing his political views. Kinney has a tremendous amount of clout in the industry, from the likes of Warren Haynes (Government Mule) & Peter Buck (REM), both of whom have produced his albums.

If anyone's interested, I can network and see if Kinney would be open to it. It's not only a thoughtful, applicable song, but it's very beautiful and pure. Search online to dig it up.

Lucid American
12-05-2007, 10:54 AM
I've contacted Kevn's agent and sent the following message, so here goes nothing! :D

Hi Cass,

I would like to propose to you and Kevn the following idea surrounding his song “With the People”.

Knowing his political tendencies as a true poet patriot, I have a hunch he supports Ron Paul, and given his clout in the industry with the likes of Warren Haynes and Peter Buck, I thought this might be a very prudent song for a collaboration to raise funds for Ron Paul’s campaign. Best case could even reach out to other musicians like Jon Mayer and others for participation.

I think we are in the clutches of an opportunity we can not let slip away with a whisper. Ron Paul is the best candidate we’ve had for president in decades, and the message behind “With the People” echoes Paul’s message AND his grassroots campaign perfectly.

With the right platform this could be huge! Please let me know your thoughts.

Peace,
Steve McCormack

P.S., this is short notice, but in commemoration of the Boston Tea Party on December 16, Ron Paul will break Hillary Clinton’s record for single day fundraising, and there will be a massive rally in Boston and smaller rallies across the nation. It would be perfect timing to coincide this project with that, but then again, Christmas would be appropriate, as well. Anything you can suggest would be welcome.

acmegeek
12-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Yes, this is the kind of response I'm thinking of. There are lots of artists and musicians who sing and write about freedom.

What about a national concert where in as many major cities as possible, on one day, there are free concerts to promote RP?

The event could be called Ron Rox. The emphasis would be to get the word out and also be a huge fundraising day.

Could you imagine the news if hundreds of concerts all happened on the same day across the country?

Anybody else like this?

Question_Authority
12-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Yes, that is part of it. I'm thinking of more of a RP community for musicians and artists. A place where people can specifically find out who their favorite artists are supporting. I do have a bit of experience developing a community like this. I personally developed and designed this pretty much from scratch: http://www.vizions.com/ (it is still in beta, we haven't marketed it yet)

I'm thinking of something that would be catchy, have a clean professional design, and most of all convey that Paul is the candidate they didn't know they wanted.

Does anybody here work in the music industry or have any connections?

Adam Curry is a big supporter and he has connections up the yin yang. He used to be a MTV VJ and now does a daily podcast. http://dailysourcecode.com His phone (messages only) 1-201-625-6357.

It's kinda late in the game to develop such a major project though. NH primaries are a month away!

Question_Authority
12-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Someone gave me a CD with 25+ original songs written and recorded about Ron Paul. It is amazing. Rap, reggae, techno, hard rock, bluegrass, country, you name it. It's amazing! Problem is, most of the artists are unknowns and I don't know how to contact them...

I have been thinking about at least sending out a press release telling of this unprecedented number of songs written for a presidential candidate. Have any of them ever even had ONE?

Lucid American
12-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Yes, this is the kind of response I'm thinking of. There are lots of artists and musicians who sing and write about freedom.

What about a national concert where in as many major cities as possible, on one day, there are free concerts to promote RP?

The event could be called Ron Rox. The emphasis would be to get the word out and also be a huge fundraising day.

Could you imagine the news if hundreds of concerts all happened on the same day across the country?

Anybody else like this?

Don't know if you'd be interested in incorporating this into your idea, but I just posted the idea for a "12 Days of Christmas" beginning on Christmas and culminating on Epiphany (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=537928#post537928), the general idea being coming up with ideas for activities happening in the theme of the 12 days, each day growing in prestige until (drum roll) the Epiphany.

Epiphany (the 12th day) is Sunday, Jan 6, two days before the New Hampshire primary. Imagine, say, the 11th day (Saturday, Jan 5) was "RON ROX", an unprecedented free concert event held in 11 cities across the nation. Not sure how many big names or significant venues could be lined up. The events could all hype that the crowds donate to the campaign the next day, creating, voila -- an Epiphany!

Or something like that. :D