PDA

View Full Version : Fox News excludes Rand in head to head polling against Hillary Clinton

Brett85
05-13-2015, 06:36 PM
It's on page 20. They polled just about every other Republican verses Clinton, including candidates who aren't polling high at all such as Fiorina and John Kasich. This is outrageous but to be expected. Rand did the best against Hillary in their poll last time, so they had to exclude him this time. We're just going to have to expect more of this throughout the entire campaign.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2015/05/13/fox-news-polls-huckabee-seen-as-more-ethical-than-most-clintons-favorable-slips/

14lbenson
05-13-2015, 06:38 PM
what a joke. CNN covers Rand the best.

adelina
05-13-2015, 06:54 PM
I have a slightly different take on this. I actually think "Rand vs Hillary" was polled. But the question + results were deliberately excluded from the published report because it was too favorable to Rand. I think that had the results shown Rand was losing ground to Hillary, Fox would have included it in their published report.

alucard13mm
05-13-2015, 06:58 PM
And some here still see rand as the bad guy... if he was the bad guy, media would portray him favorably.

14lbenson
05-13-2015, 07:03 PM
He will be on the Kelly File in a couple minutes...

GunnyFreedom
05-13-2015, 07:05 PM
of course they did.

FSP-Rebel
05-13-2015, 07:36 PM
OP posted this better than I did in the other spin area, I just was so pissed when I saw the segments on Baier's special report and then looked into it further.

The whole point here was to show Rand at 7% and not have any evidence showing him so high against Hillary. Mission accomplished.

georgiaboy
05-13-2015, 08:17 PM
He mentioned his polling best v Hillary when he was on with Wolf. Different poll, but still it's good he's doing this.

Keep pushing this, Rand! Fox's omission of you is BS!!!

hells_unicorn
05-13-2015, 08:22 PM
Yes, they do that, they ALWAYS do that!

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Well, why doesn't his campaign get on them and expose the bias?

CPUd
05-13-2015, 08:38 PM
Well, why doesn't his campaign get on them and expose the bias?

Because it would make them look like crybabies and come out of it even worse.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-13-2015, 08:53 PM
Because it would make them look like crybabies and come out of it even worse.So we're crybabies, too, I guess. :confused: Pointing out facts invites infantile insults in today's political world.

Brett85
05-13-2015, 09:00 PM
I just sent an email to Fox News expressing my displeasure. I would encourage everyone here to do the same. Fox's email address is yourcomments@foxnews.com.

CPUd
05-13-2015, 09:28 PM
So we're crybabies, too, I guess. :confused: Pointing out facts invites infantile insults in today's political world.

Yes, this is the nature of politics.

GunnyFreedom
05-13-2015, 09:47 PM
Yes, this is the nature of politics.

unfortunately it is. The people that get elected usually have the maturity of a 2 year old, and most of their supporters...well, the ones who would pass a Turing test....might have the mentality of an 8 year old.

twomp
05-13-2015, 09:51 PM
And some here still see rand as the bad guy... if he was the bad guy, media would portray him favorably.

There are some shows on MSNBC that portray Rand pretty favorably. What is your expert media analysis on that?

devil21
05-13-2015, 10:10 PM
Don't mind me, I'm just over here warming up the snowball machine...

http://cdnimg3.webstaurantstore.com/images/products/extra_large/120611/237976.jpg

Mach
05-13-2015, 10:12 PM
There are some shows on MSNBC that portray Rand pretty favorably. What is your expert media analysis on that?

I read something a few months ago about MSNBCs ratings and cancelling of shows and rearranging, anyway, they stated straight out that they were going to go to a more.... 'The goal is to move away from left-wing TV.' :D

Brian4Liberty
05-13-2015, 10:16 PM
OP posted this better than I did in the other spin area, I just was so pissed when I saw the segments on Baier's special report and then looked into it further.

The whole point here was to show Rand at 7% and not have any evidence showing him so high against Hillary. Mission accomplished.

So it was discussed on Special Neocon Report? No surprise that they would exclude Rand.

presence
05-13-2015, 10:46 PM
Scared?

VIDEODROME
05-13-2015, 11:23 PM

It drives me crazy that people like Baier or Chris Wallace can get to be debate moderators. How is it people who report the news get to make the leap to shaping the news or influencing the election. This feels like a conflict of interest but it's just accepted as normal.

Makes it seem silly that Huckabee makes a show of resigning from FOX if he is in a debate moderated by a FOX News anchor.

WD-NY
05-14-2015, 01:30 AM
No way Team Rand lets this slide without going absolutely nuclear on the top brass at Fox any public or private pushback.

Zero: What happened?

M. Gustave: What happened, my dear Zero, is I beat the living shit out of a sniveling little runt called Pinky Bandinski, who had the gall to question my virility. Because, if there's one thing we've learned from penny dreadfuls, it's that when you find yourself in a place like this, you must never be a candy ass; you've got to prove yourself from day one. You've got to win their respect. You should take a long look at HIS ugly mug this morning. [Takes a sip of water and laughs] He's actually become a dear friend. You'll meet him, I hope.

That said, just in case they haven't seen it yet, folks with twitter account may want to tweet a link to the youtube to @DougStafford (https://twitter.com/dougstafford), @SergioGor (https://twitter.com/SergioGor) and @VincentHarris (https://twitter.com/VincentHarris) and ask them if they plan to let this sort of hackery slide w/o comment. Heck, it may even be worth tweeting to @DaveWeigel (https://twitter.com/daveweigel) and @OliviaNuzzie (https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi) given how ridiculous the exclusion was.

Jan2017
05-14-2015, 08:48 AM
No way Team Rand lets this slide without going absolutely nuclear on the top brass at Fox any public or private pushback.

Methodology says N =1,006 registered voters, 662 landlines . . .
now with some 300 cell phones to make it look better.
Remember how RP won every online call-in vote after debates, just to have Hannity pooh-pooh it off
as an aberration or anomaly, crying that we all have cell phones and computers to rig the polling?

And note that there is a suggestion that the number of calls were proportional to the state populations,
maybe a clever inference implying that EVERY state was included. Really . . . ?

Ahh, snowball making machines at the Ames Straw Poll on Saturday, August 8 sure sounds like good fun to keep things cool . . .
lobs from out in the crowd pelting that Cameron political reporter and others at Faux News while on camera ?

Brian4Liberty
05-14-2015, 10:15 AM
Don't mind me, I'm just over here warming up the snowball machine...

Did you listen to Hannity radio yesterday? Rand was on, and Hannity is still whining about the snowball incident (and was telling Rand that Ron Paul hurts him). Hannity has no class.

14lbenson
05-14-2015, 10:20 AM
Watch CNN.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-14-2015, 02:29 PM
Uh-oh. RPF just tweeted this thread. Gonna make us look like a bunch of crybabies. :rolleyes:

devil21
05-14-2015, 02:35 PM
Did you listen to Hannity radio yesterday? Rand was on, and Hannity is still whining about the snowball incident (and was telling Rand that Ron Paul hurts him). Hannity has no class.

Einstein's definition of insanity comes to mind. Yeah, Hannity, keep pulling the same shenanigans while expecting different results.

LatinsforPaul
05-14-2015, 02:35 PM
Is Fox News playing “Hide Rand Paul” with their polls… again? (http://rare.us/story/is-fox-news-playing-hide-rand-paul-with-their-polls-again/)

https://coxrare.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/fox-image-2.jpg?w=891

freejack
05-14-2015, 02:40 PM
We should start posting this in the comments of all the fox news facebook posts. It'll probably take a few of us since they'll start banning us once they find out.

14lbenson
05-14-2015, 02:52 PM
I needed to rant. http://rpaul2016.blogspot.com/2015/05/what-is-your-problem-fox-news.html

garyallen59
05-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Is Fox News playing “Hide Rand Paul” with their polls… again? (http://rare.us/story/is-fox-news-playing-hide-rand-paul-with-their-polls-again/)

Everyone should go to theblaze.com and submit this article in the News Tips section at the very bottom of the page. I just submitted it.

Foreigner
05-14-2015, 03:57 PM
The last Fox News poll conducted in April had Hillary 46 - 43 Rand, with Rand being the strongest GOP candidate against Hillary. Rand performing the strongest is also consistent with the other polls they did earlier this year. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2015/04/27/fox-news-poll-voters-weigh-in-on-same-sex-marriage-legalizing-marijuana/ (see page 16)

I don't subscribe to many conspiracies, but with Hillary's favorability down in this newest poll, a national Rand lead over Hillary appears likely. Shame on Fox for either excluding him or omitting him from the results!

GunnyFreedom
05-14-2015, 05:53 PM
Criminals, imho.

GunnyFreedom
05-14-2015, 05:54 PM
Uh-oh. RPF just tweeted this thread. Gonna make us look like a bunch of crybabies. :rolleyes:

Last time I checked, the candidate was not affiliated with this site.

kahless
05-14-2015, 06:06 PM
What blows my mind is how people can be so blind not to see how slanted the coverage is in favor of Jeb Bush. Just like in the past with Romney and McCain.

I remember back in 1999 people saying they remember all too clearly how bad the economy was under Bush Senior, they or "I certainly will not vote for his son". That was until the media performed their daily social engineering for a few years and these same people end up with collective amnesia. Just like the collective amnesia over Romneycare and his individual mandate.

I think ultimately this go around FNC and media is largely campaigning in favor of a Jeb Bush/Rubio ticket. We can hope that with the internet and people waking up this go around that the media social engineering will fail.

garyallen59
05-14-2015, 06:19 PM
http://rare.us/story/is-fox-news-playing-hide-rand-paul-with-their-polls-again/

If you haven't yet send this link to theblaze.com in their News Tips section at the very bottom of the main page. Let me know if you send it in. They may not post it but we should at least bring it to their attention as much as possible. It's better to try than to do nothing. There's also Drudge as well.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Last time I checked, the candidate was not affiliated with this site.Irrelevant to my point.

GunnyFreedom
05-14-2015, 07:12 PM
Irrelevant to my point.

No, it's not.

GunnyFreedom
05-14-2015, 07:13 PM
The original complaint was about RAND not complaining about the missing poll results, and then someone said that the CAMPAIGN whining about such things would be seen a crybaby sour milk.

That is all true.

We are not the campaign. The grassroots complains about missing poll numbers it is not perceived in the same way at all.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-14-2015, 07:31 PM
The original complaint was about RAND not complaining about the missing poll results, and then someone said that the CAMPAIGN whining about such things would be seen a crybaby sour milk.

That is all true.

We are not the campaign. The grassroots complains about missing poll numbers it is not perceived in the same way at all.Whether it is the campaign or merely Rand supporters, the crybaby argument could be made against either group. Ron Paul got smeared with the behavior of his supporters and vice versa.

Is the crybaby argument valid? I don't think so. What happened when Rand stood up to Evans, Guthrie, and Kelly for their unfair treatment? He got big support for defying the biased media. Same thing happened with Newt Gingrich in 2012. Republican voters can see the bias, even inside of Fox News.

What does "defeat the Washington machine" even mean when you play by their rules, and curl up into a ball when they pull their same old dirty tactics? You can't defeat the machine if you acquiesce to its propaganda arm.

euphemia
05-14-2015, 07:44 PM
I've been very disappointed in FoxNews. They claim to be fair and balanced, but they can't even bother to be accurate or responsible. What a shame. They had a wonderful opportunity to be a leading news organization.

satchelmcqueen
05-14-2015, 08:38 PM
anyone remember when fox would take down their polls if ron was winning only to reopen them with a zero count a few days later, and ron would win again? they always ignored their own the poll lol.

GunnyFreedom
05-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Whether it is the campaign or merely Rand supporters, the crybaby argument could be made against either group. Ron Paul got smeared with the behavior of his supporters and vice versa.

Is the crybaby argument valid? I don't think so. What happened when Rand stood up to Evans, Guthrie, and Kelly for their unfair treatment? He got big support for defying the biased media. Same thing happened with Newt Gingrich in 2012. Republican voters can see the bias, even inside of Fox News.

What does "defeat the Washington machine" even mean when you play by their rules, and curl up into a ball when they pull their same old dirty tactics? You can't defeat the machine if you acquiesce to its propaganda arm.

This isn't logic, it's politics. There is nothing logical about politics. We raised cain about the blackouts in 2008 and 2012 and nobody ever accuse RP of being a crybaby over that. Any candidate or their organizations complain about unfair coverage, and they get slammed with it. It's just history and human nature.

kahless
05-14-2015, 08:50 PM
I've been very disappointed in FoxNews. They claim to be fair and balanced, but they can't even bother to be accurate or responsible. What a shame. They had a wonderful opportunity to be a leading news organization.

They have a history of favorable coverage exclusively for globalist Neoconservatives and shut-out Conservatives in every cycle since that network launched.

They are the leading MSM news organization and clearly the sole Republican leaning channel which is why this is a huge problem if we get shut out by them for the third time around. I have been saying here since the 07 campaign that unless grassroots efforts are put into getting investors to launch a Conservative alternative to combat the globalist neo-conservative FNC we will continue to be screwed.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-14-2015, 09:35 PM
This isn't logic, it's politics. There is nothing logical about politics. We raised cain about the blackouts in 2008 and 2012 and nobody ever accuse RP of being a crybaby over that. Any candidate or their organizations complain about unfair coverage, and they get slammed with it. It's just history and human nature.Logic is essential to conservative politics. That's why sophomoric arguments that have bases in appeals to emotion are doomed to fail.

Demanding a fair playing field is not being a crybaby. To use a timely analogy, the Indianapolis Colts are not crybabies because they complained about rules violations by the New England Patriots. Nobody likes a cheater, and that's what Fox News is doing. Republican voters are all too familiar with media bias, and won't like being faced with blatant hypocrisy by those on their side. Tricks by the GOP establishment to get a RINO in office are being observed by Republican voters, and they're making them mad. Pointing out another one only helps our cause.

That being said, a direct complaint in the public square isn't the only move that can be made. That photo of the FNC poll could be sent to Media Matters, Mediaite, and every other liberal source that loves to bash Fox.

euphemia
05-14-2015, 09:50 PM
I comment frequently on especially irresponsible journalism, if you can call it journalism.

DevilsAdvocate
05-14-2015, 10:05 PM

Once again I am utterly shocked and appalled by the performance of Jeb Bush. What is wrong with people in this country? Are they all insane??? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone where nothing makes sense anymore.

I'm clinging to hope that this was a rigged poll designed to change public opinion rather than measure it. I wonder what the price of a favorable poll is these days?

helenpaul
05-14-2015, 10:07 PM
Fox news is up Rubio's rear area.

CPUd
05-14-2015, 10:16 PM
Logic is essential to conservative politics. That's why sophomoric arguments that have bases in appeals to emotion are doomed to fail.

Demanding a fair playing field is not being a crybaby. To use a timely analogy, the Indianapolis Colts are not crybabies because they complained about rules violations by the New England Patriots. Nobody likes a cheater, and that's what Fox News is doing. Republican voters are all too familiar with media bias, and won't like being faced with blatant hypocrisy by those on their side. Tricks by the GOP establishment to get a RINO in office are being observed by Republican voters, and they're making them mad. Pointing out another one only helps our cause.

That being said, a direct complaint in the public square isn't the only move that can be made. That photo of the FNC poll could be sent to Media Matters, Mediaite, and every other liberal source that loves to bash Fox.

If the "cheating" is favorable to their candidate, people are not going to care.

All candidates who lose have supporters who claim it was because of "cheating".

Nothing wrong with supporters raising the issue, but make sure there is really an issue to be raised. This one is probably the closest I've seen to being deliberate than anything else since Rand launched his campaign. Mostly, it is people wanting to see something deliberate against Rand and looking for confirmation.

kahless
05-15-2015, 03:10 PM
Once again I am utterly shocked and appalled by the performance of Jeb Bush. What is wrong with people in this country? Are they all insane??? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone where nothing makes sense anymore.

I'm clinging to hope that this was a rigged poll designed to change public opinion rather than measure it. I wonder what the price of a favorable poll is these days?

Considering they went so far as to delete Rand, combined with their past transgressions in previous cycles provides no doubt in my mind the poll has been rigged in favor of Jeb. Jeb likely has some support out of name recognition but likely no where near what FNC is reporting or would show well on a public poll. The plan for them as it is every cycle is to eventually wear people down with their fake numbers until it becomes a reality since they know people are followers.

It has worked for them every cycle. This was the same network that did the right thing by covering the Tea Party protests against Romneycare-Obamacare and the individual mandate. Yet they succeeded with Romney the guy who stood for everything this network and protests were against just prior to the cycle.

Lindsey
05-15-2015, 03:26 PM
Next thing they'll be excluding him from the debates. http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/gop-2016-candidates-primary-debates-118000.html?cmpid=sf#ixzz3aEomeNhu

Carlybee
05-15-2015, 03:48 PM
Roger Ailes, Charles Kryptkeeper, Karl Rove...the reasons are obvious.

JohnGalt1225
05-15-2015, 05:01 PM

It's through years of brainwashing from the establishment media. Look at how the media conducts interviews of Jeb Bush, they set him in a room with soft colors, an American flag, etc. it all looks very presidential. Jeb is the man they want, just like Romney, and the fact that the people really don't want him doesn't matter. The people can be led to wherever the establishment wants. People vote for candidates that they think can win and "look presidential." The media is doing everything they can to make Jeb appear presidential and look like a winner. Jeb will keep the Wall St. cash machine humming and war machine enriched so they are backing him and dragging the people along for the ride.

In case Bush falters they have their ace in the hole on the other side, Hillary. A globalist, pro-amnesty, war mongering, neocon is going to win the election whether it's Jeb, Hillary, or someone else. It's going to take a massive uprising in order to get Rand into the Oval Office.

osan
05-15-2015, 05:18 PM
It's on page 20. They polled just about every other Republican verses Clinton, including candidates who aren't polling high at all such as Fiorina and John Kasich. This is outrageous but to be expected. Rand did the best against Hillary in their poll last time, so they had to exclude him this time. We're just going to have to expect more of this throughout the entire campaign.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2015/05/13/fox-news-polls-huckabee-seen-as-more-ethical-than-most-clintons-favorable-slips/

GOP wants Rand about as much as I'm jonesing for good hefty case of syphilis. They will simply make believe he's not there, which thus far appears to have worked well. It did, after all, keep Ron Paul off the ticket.

wizardwatson
05-15-2015, 05:19 PM
Do we need to rehash the "Who the hell is Rand Paul?" idea? LOL.

This is just a dry run anyway. We'll REALLY have it figured out for 2020.

rg17
05-15-2015, 07:34 PM
Not this again! :mad::eek::(

05-15-2015, 07:38 PM
Did you all really think it was going to be any different this time?

dude58677
05-15-2015, 08:29 PM
I take it that Paul is doing really really well and so well in fact that they hide his name. If Paul was doing poorly they would have posted it because it would make their case that much stronger.

GunnyFreedom
05-15-2015, 08:45 PM
I take it that Paul is doing really really well and so well in fact that they hide his name. If Paul was doing poorly they would have posted it because it would make their case that much stronger.

http://glenbradley.net/imghost/april2015/rpf/RandOvrHil.jpg

GunnyFreedom
05-15-2015, 08:55 PM
This works...

http://glenbradley.net/imghost/april2015/rpf/foxpollblackout515.jpg

TheTexan
05-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Vote harder?

dude58677
05-15-2015, 09:14 PM
http://glenbradley.net/imghost/april2015/rpf/RandOvrHil.jpg

This is just too cool!:)

Jan2017
05-16-2015, 08:22 AM
Do we need to rehash the "Who the hell is Rand Paul?" idea? LOL. ...

Seriously, I do think the blimp would be a good idea . . .

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/12onpaulblimp01.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/12onpaulblimp01.jpg.html)

RDM
05-16-2015, 08:46 AM
Other people are taking notice. http://www.westernjournalism.com/fox-news-hiding-rand-paul-with-their-polls/

satchelmcqueen
05-16-2015, 09:20 AM
IDEA!!

maybe rand needs to wear a black rectangle over his eyes for a photo op in homage to his dads "black this out" that we all did here with our profile pics a few years ago. maybe he could use that as a spring board for drawing attention to this right from the beginning.