PDA

View Full Version : Stewart Rhodes Taking Heat For Declaring that McCain Should Be Hanged

AuH20
05-13-2015, 09:12 AM
What's the problem again?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/stewart-rhodes-hang-john-mccain

“John Cain (sic) is a traitor to the Constitution,” Rhodes later said, misstating the senator's last name. “He should be tried for treason before a jury of his peers — which he would deny you."

"He would deny you the right for trial to jury, but we would give him a trial by jury," Rhodes added. "Then after we convict him he should be hung by the neck until dead. But that was their candidate!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=39&v=Dhi7nwZuxEs

jllundqu
05-13-2015, 09:24 AM
I think the problem is he's the head of an organization that represents Veterans, Law Enforcement, and First Responders. As an OK myself, I think this was incredibly dumb. Saying you want your political adversaries put to death is really really dumb. Rhodes should know better and he should apologize to his members. He can say what he wants in private, if he really believes McCain should be killed, but to do so in a public forum while representing (supposedly) the OK organization is petty and it does nothing to advance his cause or his organization's.

Just listen to how the crowd reacts.... like one guy claps... it was crickets and everyone there cringed when he said it.

tod evans
He needs to take heat!

Hanging is too good for that rat-bastard.......

donnay
John McCain is a traitor! Stewart Rhodes is a hero not John McCain.

AuH20
05-13-2015, 09:26 AM
I think the problem is he's the head of an organization that represents Veterans, Law Enforcement, and First Responders. As an OK myself, I think this was incredibly dumb. Saying you want your political adversaries put to death is really really dumb. Rhodes should know better and he should apologize to his members. He can say what he wants in private, if he really believes McCain should be killed, but to do so in a public forum while representing (supposedly) the OK organization is petty.

I think you make a valid point, but the battle lines have been drawn. Proper decorum has gone out the window over the last 8 years, when the federal government is preparing to openly wage war on those who refuse to submit to their demands.

AuH20
05-13-2015, 09:35 AM
On second thought, hanging may be too kind.........He left his own 'brothers' behind and then covered it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/

The Pentagon had been withholding significant information from POW families for years. What’s more, the Pentagon’s POW/MIA operation had been publicly shamed by internal whistleblowers and POW families for holding back documents as part of a policy of “debunking” POW intelligence even when the information was obviously credible.

The pressure from the families and Vietnam veterans finally forced the creation, in late 1991, of a Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs. The chairman was John Kerry. McCain, as a former POW, was its most pivotal member. In the end, the committee became part of the debunking machine.

One of the sharpest critics of the Pentagon’s performance was an insider, Air Force Lt. Gen. Eugene Tighe, who headed the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) during the 1970s. He openly challenged the Pentagon’s position that no live prisoners existed, saying that the evidence proved otherwise. McCain was a bitter opponent of Tighe, who was eventually pushed into retirement.

Included in the evidence that McCain and his government allies suppressed or sought to discredit is a transcript of a senior North Vietnamese general’s briefing of the Hanoi politburo, discovered in Soviet archives by an American scholar in 1993. The briefing took place only four months before the 1973 peace accords. The general, Tran Van Quang, told the politburo members that Hanoi was holding 1,205 American prisoners but would keep many of them at war’s end as leverage to ensure getting war reparations from Washington.

Ronin Truth
05-13-2015, 09:42 AM
Or is that 'hanged'? I really have no interest in John's genitalia.

asurfaholic
05-13-2015, 09:43 AM
John McCain is a traitor! Stewart Rhodes is a hero not John McCain.

I think you may be throwing the word hero around too loosely- I know a lot of words have lost their meaning over time but it's annoying that everyone and their dog is a hero to some people. Whether it's a police officer or some soldier who simply showed up at a recruiters meeting because he was promised cool stuff. Or a guy who showed up at a meaning and shouted some words.

Now the term traitor in your context is something I can stand behind. I say instead of taking the divisive route of whether or not john McCain should be hanged it is more effective to show the multiple instances of how john McCain has betrayed the country and the people who voted him into office. Let them then arrive at their own conclusions of how he should be dealt with.

specsaregood
05-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Saying you want your political adversaries put to death is really really dumb.

Well technically he said he wanted McCain to be tried by a jury of his peers and only put to death after being convicted.

donnay
05-13-2015, 09:59 AM
I think you may be throwing the word hero around too loosely- I know a lot of words have lost their meaning over time but it's annoying that everyone and their dog is a hero to some people. Whether it's a police officer or some soldier who simply showed up at a recruiters meeting because he was promised cool stuff. Or a guy who showed up at a meaning and shouted some words.

Now the term traitor in your context is something I can stand behind. I say instead of taking the divisive route of whether or not john McCain should be hanged it is more effective to show the multiple instances of how john McCain has betrayed the country and the people who voted him into office. Let them then arrive at their own conclusions of how he should be dealt with.

Stewart Rhodes, in my eyes, is a hero because he knows the oath he took and stands by the Constitution--against enemies, foreign and domestic. Unlike the politician, John McCain who lies, deceives and does not stand by the Constitution and thinks we are the enemy.

Hung, tar and feathered, firing squad...any of those, would be a good punishment if found guilty of treason by a jury of his peers.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-13-2015, 10:12 AM

That's true, but McCain really is a hero.

the bread or roll used in making a hero sandwich.

a large sandwich, usually consisting of a small loaf of bread or long roll cut in half lengthwise and containing a variety of ingredients, as meat, cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes.

asurfaholic
05-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Stewart Rhodes, in my eyes, is a hero because he knows the oath he took and stands by the Constitution--against enemies, foreign and domestic. Unlike the politician, John McCain who lies, deceives and does not stand by the Constitution and thinks we are the enemy.

Hung, tar and feathered, firing squad...any of those, would be a good punishment if found guilty of treason by a jury of his peers.

Not to find fault with you, but it seems we have two very different interpretations of "hero." 😝

I'd say a more appropriate term to describe Rhodes would be he is a true patriot. Standing up for the constitution.

asurfaholic
05-13-2015, 11:05 AM

a large sandwich, usually consisting of a small loaf of bread or long roll cut in half lengthwise and containing a variety of ingredients, as meat, cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes.

Make that three very different definitions.. Lol

Xenliad
05-13-2015, 11:06 AM
It's funny how Republicans loved that McCain was an "American war hero" when he ran for president. Benedict Arnold was an American war hero too.

I don't like the death penalty though.

donnay
05-13-2015, 11:08 AM
Not to find fault with you, but it seems we have two very different interpretations of "hero." ��

I'd say a more appropriate term to describe Rhodes would be he is a true patriot. Standing up for the constitution.

I will concede...Patriot is good. The point of bringing up hero is so many people think John McCain is a hero for being a POW. I never believed he was.

asurfaholic
05-13-2015, 11:17 AM
I will concede...Patriot is good. The point of bringing up hero is so many people think John McCain is a hero for being a POW. I never believed he was.

Agreed ... Which is kind of why I was picking on the hero label you stuck on Rhodes... I'd give that he is way more of a hero than McCain but I see this as a patriot challenging a traitor who is masquerading as a war hero.

asurfaholic
05-13-2015, 11:18 AM

If McCain is a hero, what is Lindsey Graham?

donnay
05-13-2015, 11:25 AM
If McCain is a hero, what is Lindsey Graham?

Heroine?

:D

wizardwatson
05-13-2015, 11:26 AM
Isn't treason how we got the Constitution in the first place?

Sounds like McCain is a great American to me.

Pericles
05-13-2015, 11:30 AM
On second thought, hanging may be too kind.........He left his own 'brothers' behind and then covered it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/

And who was director of the CIA who stated there were no Americans left behind in SE Asia after the war?

That would be George HW Bush

AuH20
05-13-2015, 11:37 AM
And who was director of the CIA who stated there were no Americans left behind in SE Asia after the war?

That would be George HW Bush

The whole gang was there, scrubbing the public record clean!

http://www.beyondthekillingfields.com/brothers-in-cover-up/

For example, Kerry had his top aide, committee chief of staff Frances Zwenig, specifically coordinate and orchestrate the panel’s public hearings with Defense Department officials—even though the Defense Department was supposed to be the main agency under investigation for covering up the existence of the prisoners.

In a memorandum for the record, one staffer protested: “Speaking for the other investigators, I can say we are sick and tired of this investigation being controlled by those we are supposedly investigating.”

When committee staffers complained that the Pentagon was withholding pivotal P.O.W. documents, Cheney in response wrote a letter to his subordinates telling them to give the committee everything it wanted. It was a wink-wink letter. The stonewalling continued right up to the committee’s expiration. The Pentagon never turned over the key documents. Kerry, afterward, said the Pentagon’s cooperation had been exemplary.

As the panel’s final report was being written, the lobbying by interested parties was intense. The Pentagon was the heaviest lobbyist, and it had an inside track to Kerry. It was chief of staff Zwenig who, on Kerry’s instructions, personally shepherded the Pentagon’s alterations into the report. None of these insertions was identified as coming from the Pentagon. Anyone reading those passages would assume the committee had written them.

Cheney’s motives were obvious. He and the first President Bush—and all the other presidents since Nixon—have continued the cover-up, realizing the political immensity of leaving these men behind and afraid of the public firestorm that would ensue if they revealed the truth. Powerful reputations and governments have fallen for far less serious wrongs. So, across seven presidencies and 31 years, official Washington has insisted on this inglorious national “secret.”

Sadly, the mainstream press, with few exceptions, has gone along with the government’s story, rarely digging beneath the surface. They, like most Americans, were anxious to bury the Vietnam experience.

Uriel999
05-13-2015, 11:45 AM
Personally I believe the French had a good idea with their revolution.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/43/Ex%C3%A9cution_de_Marie_Antoinette_le_16_octobre_1 793.jpg

TaftFan
05-13-2015, 11:47 AM
This kind of stuff really isn't helpful.

mad cow
05-13-2015, 12:57 PM
No,it wasn't helpful at all.I bet he regrets saying that now.
And it didn't sound like that was his first glass of wine.

twomp
05-13-2015, 02:02 PM

We don't need to look very hard to see heroes in our day. This man is proof of that.

http://rs1img.memecdn.com/edward-snowden_o_1638715.jpg

VegasPatriot
05-13-2015, 03:00 PM
I just spoke with Stewart's wife Tasha (Stewart wasn't home) and she said he did a interview yesterday with a local AZ TV news station about that comment. The reporter was trying to pin Stewart's comment on the state rep, however Stewart owned up to his comment a gave the proper context and did not shy away from his comment.

“John Cain (sic) is a traitor to the Constitution. He should be tried for treason before a jury of his peers — which he would deny you. He would deny you the right for trial to jury, but we would give him a trial by jury. Then after we convict him he should be hung by the neck until dead.”

Does anyone here deny that McCain is a traitor? What is the legal punishment for a traitor? Although the comment may not be politically correct, Stewart is not afraid to speak truth, no matter how uncomfortable it may make some people feel. I say Bravo Stewart. I am proud and honored to call him my friend.

Occam's Banana
05-13-2015, 03:02 PM
I think the problem is he's the head of an organization that represents Veterans, Law Enforcement, and First Responders. As an OK myself, I think this was incredibly dumb. Saying you want your political adversaries put to death is really really dumb. Rhodes should know better and he should apologize to his members. He can say what he wants in private, if he really believes McCain should be killed, but to do so in a public forum while representing (supposedly) the OK organization is petty and it does nothing to advance his cause or his organization's. Just listen to how the crowd reacts.... like one guy claps... it was crickets and everyone there cringed when he said it. Now if only people would react that way when John McCain (who is one of the "heads" of an organization that allegedly represents all Americans) opens his vile, festering gob and sings about bombing Iran. Then we might be getting somewhere ...

I get what you're saying, and it is not without merit - the problem is that it is almost always applied as a double standard (not in your particular case, though - but generally speaking). Most of the people who gasp in horrified disapproval when someone like Rhodes says something like this don't bat an eyelash when McCain and his lot glibly enthuse about assassinations, drone-bombings, mass killings, etc.

And although I do not know whether McCain has ever addressed the issue, I'd be willing to bet that he doesn't have much if anything against extra-judicial killings by cops. At least Rhodes would grant McCain a trial first ...