PDA

View Full Version : Interview With Kelley Paul About Upcoming Presidential Campaign (Great Interview!)

garyallen59
05-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Kelley Paul talks with Abby Huntsman on NBCs Two Spoons. Kelley Paul speaks about what Rand Paul is really like and how the misconceptions are completely not true. She talks about her biggest concerns about her husband's presidential campaign. Kelley Paul's book "True and Constant Friends" was just recently released and is in bookstores today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCUHlkyrTcE

mad cow
05-12-2015, 09:55 PM
Great vid!Kelley can't get out there too often,she is a huge positive for the campaign.

Texan4Life
05-12-2015, 10:38 PM
Wow that was really good

anaconda
05-13-2015, 02:03 AM
Essentially the same interview she gave several times after Mr. Paul's announcement.

Kotin
05-13-2015, 02:34 AM
Essentially the same interview she gave several times after Mr. Paul's announcement.

Not a bad thing.. She has been a huge asset

georgiaboy
05-13-2015, 03:16 PM
She is awesome.

I do think the whole 'hard on female reporters' thing needs to get squelched. When asked if Kelley was worried about the campaign, she said yes, followed by a reason that she doesn't want Rand to get mischaracterized by the media, which gave the interviewer the ability to segue into the rehashing of the topic. Maybe Kelley needs to find something different to be worried about.

That whole issue smacks of positioning people's minds in favor of Hillary. I wonder how it would play if Rand (Kelley, probably not so much) talked about that issue in the context of the Hillary machine trying to make Rand out to be anti-women.

anaconda
05-13-2015, 07:46 PM
I find it interesting that her whole projected personality is about being a little southern homemaker that is pressed to defend her husband and also writes speeches...whatever gets votes I guess..

mad cow
05-13-2015, 08:16 PM
I find it interesting that her whole projected personality is about being a little southern homemaker that is pressed to defend her husband and also writes speeches...whatever gets votes I guess..

You gotta problem with housewives in general or just southern housewives?

georgiaboy
05-13-2015, 08:20 PM

And writes books. About accomplished women. Like her.

anaconda
05-13-2015, 08:46 PM

Not quite buying it...snooze..like I said, whatever works with the MSM.

anaconda
05-13-2015, 08:47 PM
You gotta problem with housewives in general or just southern housewives?

Chicken with HERBS under the skin! Socks on the floor! Texas Cheesecake! Yes, a powerful role model for women. :rolleyes: I only have a problem when people adhere to and propagate popular stereotypes. Which Kelley appears more than happy to do. Whatever it takes, I guess..

DevilsAdvocate
05-13-2015, 09:07 PM

She's been coached well, the same way Rand has. Basically, stick to the talking points. I don't like it, but apparently the electorate does

anaconda
05-13-2015, 09:08 PM

Any reason she didn't "write" a book years ago? Hmmm...

anaconda
05-13-2015, 09:09 PM
She's been coached well, the same way Rand has. Basically, stick to the talking points. I don't like it, but apparently the electorate does

I agree. I'm sure she is a fine person. But her approach is not genuine. It's monumentally calculated by her campaign overlords.

mad cow
05-13-2015, 09:42 PM
Chicken with HERBS under the skin! Socks on the floor! Texas Cheesecake! Yes, a powerful role model for women. :rolleyes: I only have a problem when people adhere to and propagate popular stereotypes. Which Kelley appears more than happy to do. Whatever it takes, I guess..

Hillary would be more your up your alley,I reckon.She ain't gonna stay home and bake cookies.

anaconda
05-13-2015, 10:00 PM
Hillary would be more your up your alley,I reckon.She ain't gonna stay home and bake cookies.

No, I completely disagree with Hillary's political policy positions. Baking cookies is a ridiculous straw man argument. Baking cookies is only one of a million alternatives to Hillary policy. I think the other 999,999 alternatives would include something besides cheesecake, chicken herbs, and socks strewn about. But we're "trying to win" so whatever it takes I guess...

mad cow
05-13-2015, 10:15 PM
No, I completely disagree with Hillary's political policy positions. Baking cookies is a ridiculous straw man argument. Baking cookies is only one of a million alternatives to Hillary policy. I think the other 999,999 alternatives would include something besides cheesecake, chicken herbs, and socks strewn about. But we're "trying to win" so whatever it takes I guess...

Maybe you're too young to remember this.You sound just like her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EGranwN_uk

anaconda
05-14-2015, 01:36 AM
Maybe you're too young to remember this.You sound just like her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EGranwN_uk

No, I don't sound anything like Hillary. I disagree completely with her political platform. If Hillary and I both enjoy olive oil occasionally, that does not make me "sound just like her."

mad cow
05-14-2015, 02:11 AM
No, I don't sound anything like Hillary. I disagree completely with her political platform. If Hillary and I both enjoy olive oil occasionally, that does not make me "sound just like her."

No,it would be your running down (southern) housewives that would make you sound just like her.

Chicken with HERBS under the skin! Socks on the floor! Texas Cheesecake! Yes, a powerful role model for women.

Origanalist
05-14-2015, 03:11 AM

Well, you have a problem. That's for sure.

luctor-et-emergo
05-14-2015, 03:17 AM
Abby Huntsman, isn't that one of the Huntsman sisters who were responsible for making that 'manchurian candidate' video front-page news ? Weird how the same people surface in presidential politics... I don't trust her.

anaconda
05-14-2015, 03:27 AM
No,it would be your running down (southern) housewives that would make you sound just like her.

I think maybe it is Kelley Paul that is running down southern housewives, not me.

anaconda
05-14-2015, 03:28 AM

So we can agree that I completely disagree with Hillary's political platform. Right? And that we only might agree that pigeon holing southern women into terrible suburban stereotypes is not a great thing.?

anaconda
05-14-2015, 03:32 AM
Well, you have a problem. That's for sure.

No argument there.

mad cow
05-14-2015, 03:32 AM
I think maybe it is Kelley Paul that is running down southern housewives, not me.

Now you are getting totally disgusting in your trolling! How on God's green earth has Kelley Paul ever run down southern housewives in any interview she has ever given???

Please be specific and post videos of your evidence if you have any.

anaconda
05-14-2015, 03:40 AM
Now you are getting totally disgusting in your trolling! How on God's green earth has Kelley Paul ever run down southern housewives in any interview she has ever given???

Please be specific and post videos of your evidence if you have any.

The whole cookie baking, herb chicken recipe, socks on the floor thing is a silly stereotype that does not help women. Kelley is considerably smarter and she is playing stupid. Please define a "troll." I have been an advocate for liberty for some time now.

mad cow
05-14-2015, 03:58 AM
The whole cookie baking, herb chicken recipe, socks on the floor thing is a silly stereotype that does not help women. Kelley is considerably smarter and she is playing stupid. Please define a "troll."

Please show me any evidence you have that Kelly Paul has ever run down southern housewives,(a direct quote from you),and stop trying to weasel out of it.Video would be nice.

anaconda
05-14-2015, 04:34 AM
Please show me any evidence you have that Kelly Paul has ever run down southern housewives,(a direct quote from you),and stop trying to weasel out of it.Video would be nice.

You are the one that said I was "running down southern housewives." I was not. I think, however, when a speech writer and tax activist prefers to talk about cookie baking and socks strewn about the house she is playing mercilessly stupid and it becomes a general insult to housewives everywhere (see OP video). Am I clear now, or do you have another question for me?

And you still need to define troll to make this equitable.

anaconda
05-14-2015, 04:38 AM
Herb Chicken Recipes!

anaconda
05-14-2015, 04:50 AM
So we can agree that I completely disagree with Hillary's political platform. Right? And that we only might agree that pigeon holing southern women into terrible suburban stereotypes is not a great thing.?

No comment, Madcow?

adelina
05-14-2015, 04:56 AM
You are the one that said I was "running down southern housewives." I was not. I think, however, when a speech writer and tax activist prefers to talk about cookie baking and socks strewn about the house she is playing mercilessly stupid and it becomes a general insult to housewives everywhere (see OP video). Am I clear now, or do you have another question for me?

You're so full of BS.

newbitech
05-14-2015, 05:04 AM
anaconda,

It sounds like the Paul's are presenting their personal lives in a very conservative way. I don't see anything wrong with that. If my family or many of my friends family had their personal lives brought up under a national spotlight, I think we'd all present ourselves in a similar manner.

People are just getting to know the Paul's, I think it is important to relate on common ground. I don't like stereotypes either, but I think if you listen to the strongest part of her message it is 100% genuine.

She is contrasting the relationship between herself and Rand with the relationship between any other candidate and their spouse. Namely, Hillary and Bill.

I think her overriding message is that strong relationships are built on top of integrity.

You are kind of questioning that integrity which is a good thing. That is a rock solid fortress and sanctuary for our candidate. It is one place that the media and his opponents will know they cannot attack and creates a position of strength for him where he can gather people to his causes.

mad cow
05-14-2015, 05:36 AM

you said "I think maybe it is Kelley Paul that is running down southern housewives, not me."Defend it.

Now you are saying that housewives that bake cookies and have socks strewn around their house are mercilessly stupid .

Would that be all American housewives or just those south of the Mason-Dixon line?

Virgil
05-14-2015, 06:17 AM
Kelly's job is to show the world that Rand is human, we already know that he is a doctor and senator.

-Virgil

alucard13mm
05-14-2015, 06:55 AM
Id imagine feminists attacking kelley paul for being a wife and housewife...

DevilsAdvocate
05-14-2015, 07:28 AM
Id imagine feminists attacking kelley paul for being a wife and housewife...

And having children. To them, she's a "breeder"

nikcers
05-14-2015, 02:06 PM

Basically she is good press, but not going to fix the republican brand's image with women. The only way he will not lose the women vote is if he runs with one as his vice president. The sooner he adopts this strategy the faster he can change peoples minds on this. This could even happen in the primary and he could take the whole thing.

ThePaleoLibertarian
05-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Stereotypes that endure exist for a reason; because they're true. I'm from the Bay, I know what it's like to be surrounded by progs, but you can't let their narratives infect your mind like you have.

juleswin
05-14-2015, 02:38 PM

I'd hate to play the devil's advocate on this but virtually no academic or mainstream feminist would have an problem with women giving birth and going back to work. In fact if there was going to be a problem is it going to be with professional women giving birth and not going back to work. God bless her hearth but I think Megan Kelly was back about a month after giving birth.

The vast majority of feminist wouldn't have a problem with what she did. They lobby for things like maternity leave, milking station at the work place etc so new moms can get back to work asap.

Know thy enemy

torchbearer
05-14-2015, 03:16 PM
removed by user?

garyallen59
05-14-2015, 03:22 PM
removed by user?

Odd. That was originally on the campaigns youtube. NBC must have made them remove it because it was just uploaded by NBC's youtube now. I've replaced it with that video.

anaconda
05-15-2015, 12:00 AM
you said "I think maybe it is Kelley Paul that is running down southern housewives, not me."Defend it.

Now you are saying that housewives that bake cookies and have socks strewn around their house are mercilessly stupid .

Would that be all American housewives or just those south of the Mason-Dixon line?

I'm not answering any more of your questions until you define troll for me, as I have asked at least twice now.

anaconda
05-15-2015, 12:02 AM
Stereotypes that endure exist for a reason; because they're true. I'm from the Bay, I know what it's like to be surrounded by progs, but you can't let their narratives infect your mind like you have.

Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I shall consider it, ThePaleoLibertarian.

anaconda
05-15-2015, 01:00 AM
anaconda,

It sounds like the Paul's are presenting their personal lives in a very conservative way. I don't see anything wrong with that. If my family or many of my friends family had their personal lives brought up under a national spotlight, I think we'd all present ourselves in a similar manner.

People are just getting to know the Paul's, I think it is important to relate on common ground. I don't like stereotypes either, but I think if you listen to the strongest part of her message it is 100% genuine.

She is contrasting the relationship between herself and Rand with the relationship between any other candidate and their spouse. Namely, Hillary and Bill.

I think her overriding message is that strong relationships are built on top of integrity.

You are kind of questioning that integrity which is a good thing. That is a rock solid fortress and sanctuary for our candidate. It is one place that the media and his opponents will know they cannot attack and creates a position of strength for him where he can gather people to his causes.

Thank you, newbitech, for the thoughtful reply. It has great merit and I shall seriously consider what you have written.

anaconda
05-15-2015, 01:13 AM
You're so full of BS.

Very profound reply.

Same to you but more of it. :)

Sticks and stones may break my bones.

I believe I was the first RPF member to welcome you aboard, recently.

William Tell
05-15-2015, 08:09 AM

And Rand gives the same speeches. Reporters keep asking Kelley the same sort of questions, if they asked about her consulting work, I'm sure she would talk about it. But they keep asking about what its like to be married to Rand Paul, and that's what people are interested in.

I find it interesting that her whole projected personality is about being a little southern homemaker that is pressed to defend her husband and also writes speeches
Um, she is....

Rand was the one who cooked the turkey you hate. And yes, Kelley cooks as well, and most southern wives do. Its not a stereotype, its how things are. And its great, home cooking beats fast food.

The whole cookie baking, herb chicken recipe, socks on the floor thing is a silly stereotype that does not help women. Kelley is considerably smarter and she is playing stupid. Please define a "troll." I have been an advocate for liberty for some time now.
http://anchorsholme.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/goodgirief21.jpg

anaconda
05-17-2015, 10:39 AM

Thank you for your sincere comment. I shall reflect upon it and give it serious consideration.

anaconda
05-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Basically she is good press, but not going to fix the republican brand's image with women. The only way he will not lose the women vote is if he runs with one as his vice president. The sooner he adopts this strategy the faster he can change peoples minds on this. This could even happen in the primary and he could take the whole thing.

Great points, nikcers.

Origanalist
05-17-2015, 10:55 AM
Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I shall consider it, ThePaleoLibertarian.

Thank you for your sincere comment. I shall reflect upon it and give it serious consideration.

Both to the same post. :confused:

anaconda
05-17-2015, 03:08 PM
Both to the same post. :confused:

Ah, I see. I appear to have complimented ThePaleoLibertarian twice. I think he/she deserves the multiple compliments. Can you explain to me why it was necessary to point this out? Just curious. What value was added?

Crashland
05-17-2015, 05:20 PM
Wow so cynical. Kelly Paul isn't a politician, so if you're expecting anything other than a genuine southern homemaker with some nice accomplishments and an interesting perspective being married to Rand Paul then you are going to be disappointed, because that is what she is. Tough cookies if you don't like the stereotype.

Crashland
05-17-2015, 05:49 PM
I am sure everyone is eager to hear about Kelley Paul talk about her speechwriting and political consulting. Riveting stuff I am sure. The reality is, people first and foremost want to hear her unique insight on a serious candidate for president. Then comes things that would shed some light on what she would be like as a first lady -- that would be her family, her personality, her book and her charity work. All of which are being covered in her interviews. I am not seeing a problem here.

anaconda
05-17-2015, 08:16 PM
Yes, Kelley picking up her husband's trail of dirty socks is what intrigues me and inspires me. That's before we even get to cookie baking or her admiration for her husband's "herbs-under-the-skin" recipe. I'm sorry, but this is not very endearing and a poor role model, given her other accomplishments as a political consultant, tax activist, and Rhodes scholar.

Crashland
05-17-2015, 08:23 PM
Yes, Kelley picking up her husband's trail of dirty socks is what intrigues me and inspires me. That's before we even get to cookie baking or her admiration for her husband's "herbs-under-the-skin" recipe. I'm sorry, but this is not very endearing and a poor role model, given her other accomplishments as a political consultant and tax activist.

She was asked about what family life is like with Rand. Again, not sure what other kind of response you could be expecting. Since you are so critical, you must have some idea of how she *should* have responded. Would you care to elaborate?

anaconda
05-17-2015, 08:45 PM
She was asked about what family life is like with Rand. Again, not sure what other kind of response you could be expecting. Since you are so critical, you must have some idea of how she *should* have responded. Would you care to elaborate?

She should have said "let's talk about what makes an actual difference to the American People:...." Oh, no, wait, now that I think about it I'd rather hear about dirty socks strewn about the house, herb chicken recipes, and cookie baking. Whomever gave Kelley her interview talking points should be given their pink slip. And while she's at it, why not fire up a Camel no filter like Laura Bush? And be dumber than a sack of rocks.

Crashland
05-17-2015, 08:56 PM
She should have said "let's talk about what makes an actual difference to the American People:...." Oh, no, wait, now that I think about it I'd rather hear about dirty socks strewn about the house, herb chicken recipes, and cookie baking. Whomever gave Kelley her interview talking points should be given their pink slip.

Really, you would have preferred that she change the subject to talk about tax policy?
Q: "What are some things you like or dislike about Rand as a person that the general public might not already know? As his wife, what do you think are some of the biggest misconceptions about Rand?"
A: "Actually, I'd rather talk about tax policy because I'm a smart accomplished woman. Screw you and your question for trying to make me look like a stereotypical southern housewife."

alucard13mm
05-17-2015, 09:22 PM
I just think at least one person in a marriage should know how to cook. Shit, first thing i ask on a date is whats their favorite food and covertly ask if they make it themselves.

If a woman can reject a guy for being poor or fat... the guy can reject a woman for not having cooking skills or got fat.

So far Kelly is way better than michelle obama or newts wife or hillary.

r3volution 3.0
05-17-2015, 09:41 PM
Abby Huntsman, isn't that one of the Huntsman sisters who were responsible for making that 'manchurian candidate' video front-page news ?

Yup, and they didn't just make it front page news, they created it.

http://www.theendrun.com/huntsman-complicit-in-false-flag-style-dirty-trick-against-paul

http://www.theendrun.com/the-china-jon-huntsman-fraud-deconstructed

http://www.theendrun.com/breaking-twitter-trail-confirms-china-jon-video-as-false-flag-points-to-huntsman-campaign

anaconda
05-17-2015, 09:51 PM
Really, you would have preferred that she change the subject to talk about tax policy?
Q: "What are some things you like or dislike about Rand as a person that the general public might not already know? As his wife, what do you think are some of the biggest misconceptions about Rand?"
A: "Actually, I'd rather talk about tax policy because I'm a smart accomplished woman. Screw you and your question for trying to make me look like a stereotypical southern housewife."

Exactly. Let's talk about why the taxpayers are encumbered instead of cookie baking or herb chicken recipes.

r3volution 3.0
05-17-2015, 10:05 PM
Anyway, I thought that was a perfect interview.

Kelley's great.

nikcers
05-17-2015, 10:17 PM
Exactly. Let's talk about why the taxpayers are encumbered instead of cookie baking or herb chicken recipes.

That wasn't the point of the interview at all. If she talks about policy then she is inviting criticism- every interview she has gone on has been great press for him and HER book. The reason why Kelley started going going on all the tv networks, is because she is an author of a book about strong women. Every news anchor was asking him why he hates women before she started going on these interviews. Kelley came on the air author of a book about strong women, advocating how Rands long term business partner was a woman. Policy is for the debate stage, for the politician. Kelley is for schmoozing the press and humanizing rand paul so he seems less like a paulbot and more like a husband.

Now when rand announces that he is picking a woman for VP, she can talk policy and go onto the debate stage...

Crashland
05-17-2015, 10:23 PM

Kelley is not running for office. And you don't talk about tax policy on NBC's "Two Spoons" or on morning shows when the only reason they brought you on those shows was to talk about your book and to talk about your husband who is running for president. Yes, she is qualified to talk about taxes, but context is important. It would have been totally inappropriate for her to talk about tax policy. And if she is ever invited to talk about policy on a major network, she will probably decide to stick to Rand's standard talking points. Anyway, we will probably have to agree to disagree on this one because our perspectives are so far removed from each other I see no hope of reconciliation...

anaconda
05-18-2015, 12:52 AM
OK. Good points, Crashland, thanks. I shall consider what you have said.