PDA

View Full Version : Issue: Health Care: Arsenic in Drinking Water

PatriotOne
06-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Okay, I'm aware of our Government's attempts to poison us, give us diseases, spray us with chemicals, give us cancer, poison our water with Fluoride, etc., etc., etc. But I had not heard of this before. Is anyone aware of a good reason that the Bush Administration proposed raising arsenic levels in our drinking water?

This article is about giving coal producing plants leeway to pollute our air but check out what the EPA director said here :eek: : Does anyne know of a good reason to do that?

Whitman brought two folders to show President Bush. The first was 2 1/2 inches thick, detailing the dangers of raising legal levels of arsenic in drinking water -- another Administration proposal. She pointed to a folder she'd brought "four or five times as thick."

"If you think arsenic was bad," she recalled telling Bush, "look at what has already been written about this."

Here's the whole article:

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/EPA_administrator_admits_she_quit_after_0627.html

Brandybuck
06-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Bush is NOT putting arsenic in our water, he's just giving polluters a pass. There's a difference.

In a free market with true property rights, a factory that dumps arsenic into the water supply can be sued for trespass and damages. But in a regulatory system, such as we have today, all redress must go before the government. What is the safe level of arsenic in the water supply? That's a government decision. What Bush is doing is merely raising that line slightly.

That doesn't necessarily make it right, but it does mean it's not a conspiracy to defile the purity of your precious bodily fluids.

Broadlighter
06-28-2007, 11:16 PM
I'd be okay with it if Bush got first dibs on drinking the water.