PDA

View Full Version : Shakil Afridi - major new developments from Seymour Hersch

Galileo Galilei
05-10-2015, 10:22 PM
Shakil Afridi - major new developments from Seymour Hersh

Everyone here can put two and two together. Rand is the man with the plan the war party does not want to hear:

# 1

The Killing of Osama bin Laden
by Seymour M. Hersh
21 May 2015

The White House’s story might have been written by Lewis Carroll: would bin Laden, target of a massive international manhunt, really decide that a resort town forty miles from Islamabad would be the safest place to live and command al-Qaida’s operations? He was hiding in the open. So America said.

In June 2011, it was reported in the New York Times, the Washington Post and all over the Pakistani press that Amir Aziz had been held for questioning in Pakistan; he was, it was said, a CIA informant who had been spying on the comings and goings at the bin Laden compound. Aziz was released, but the retired official said that US intelligence was unable to learn who leaked the highly classified information about his involvement with the mission. Officials in Washington decided they ‘could not take a chance that Aziz’s role in obtaining bin Laden’s DNA also would become known’. A sacrificial lamb was needed, and the one chosen was Shakil Afridi, a 48-year-old Pakistani doctor and sometime CIA asset, who had been arrested by the Pakistanis in late May and accused of assisting the agency. ‘We went to the Pakistanis and said go after Afridi,’ the retired official said. ‘We had to cover the whole issue of how we got the DNA.’ It was soon reported that the CIA had organised a fake vaccination programme in Abbottabad with Afridi’s help in a failed attempt to obtain bin Laden’s DNA. Afridi’s legitimate medical operation was run independently of local health authorities, was well financed and offered free vaccinations against hepatitis B. Posters advertising the programme were displayed throughout the area. Afridi was later accused of treason and sentenced to 33 years in prison because of his ties to an extremist. News of the CIA-sponsored programme created widespread anger in Pakistan, and led to the cancellation of other international vaccination programmes that were now seen as cover for American spying.

The retired official said that Afridi had been recruited long before the bin Laden mission as part of a separate intelligence effort to get information about suspected terrorists in Abbottabad and the surrounding area. ‘The plan was to use vaccinations as a way to get the blood of terrorism suspects in the villages.’ Afridi made no attempt to obtain DNA from the residents of the bin Laden compound. The report that he did so was a hurriedly put together ‘CIA cover story creating “facts”’ in a clumsy attempt to protect Aziz and his real mission. ‘Now we have the consequences,’ the retired official said. ‘A great humanitarian project to do something meaningful for the peasants has been compromised as a cynical hoax.’ Afridi’s conviction was overturned, but he remains in prison on a murder charge.

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n10/seymour-m-hersh/the-killing-of-osama-bin-laden

# 2

Dr. Shakil Afridi helped U.S. find bin Laden, he should be freed from jail
by Sen. Rand Paul
Monday Oct 15, 2012 2:00 PM

But instead, Dr. Afridi is in prison in Pakistan for the alleged crime of “treason” for his cooperation with the American intelligence agencies.

This is shameful and it is not what we should expect from a supposed ally of the United States. Dr. Afridi is in prison for 33 years and I believe that Congress should take decisive action to protect this American ally.

http://humanevents.com/2012/10/15/rand-paul-dr-shakil-afridi-helped-u-s-find-bin-laden-he-should-be-freed-from-jail/

Do the math. We all need to be informed about this. Go Rand!

alucard13mm
05-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Despite Rand supporting sanctions and arming Kurds... he still seems to be a "dove" according to the media.

Galileo Galilei
05-10-2015, 11:02 PM
Despite Rand supporting sanctions and arming Kurds... he still seems to be a "dove" according to the media.

You missed the point of this completely.

milgram
05-11-2015, 12:27 AM
Good to see Hersch is finally reporting on this. I heard him talking about it in an interview several weeks ago.

I would have liked to have more articles from this guy over the past 6 years. When Bush was in office he was writing several major pieces for The New Yorker each year.

randomname
05-11-2015, 03:06 AM
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/05/10/seymour_hersh_in_london_review_of_books_obama_lied _about_bin_laden_raid.html

Snowball
05-11-2015, 08:27 AM
Nothing but controlled shill lies.
Bin Laden was a CIA asset who had nothing to do with 911.
He died a natural death in 2005.

thoughtomator
05-11-2015, 08:29 AM
A "conspiracy theorist" believes the same thing as the "mainstream" does - only years ahead of time, before all the sordid details about who was lying and how badly come out.

enhanced_deficit
05-11-2015, 10:34 AM
Salon Article: Everything we know about the death of Osama Bin Laden is wrong (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?474449-Based-on-Hersh-article-Obama-lied-about-Osama&p=5867550&viewfull=1#post5867550)

Johannes Kepler
05-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Rand is PART OF THE WAR PARTY. Don't you remember him talking about the final solution for the Jews radical Muslims??? The real terrorists are running your country and the war party. Sad to say, Rand is one of their obedient lapdogs.

[QUOTE=Galileo Galilei;5867301]Shakil Afridi - major new developments from Seymour Hersch

Everyone here can put two and two together. Rand is the man with the plan the war party does not want to hear:

CPUd
05-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Strong 1st post!

Galileo Galilei
05-11-2015, 01:19 PM
JUSTICE FOR AFRIDI!!!!!

francisco
05-11-2015, 01:55 PM
Rand is PART OF THE WAR PARTY. Don't you remember him talking about the final solution for the Jews radical Muslims??? The real terrorists are running your country and the war party. Sad to say, Rand is one of their obedient lapdogs.

Strong 1st post!

Well, it smells strong, anyway.

anaconda
05-11-2015, 05:07 PM
Nothing but controlled shill lies.
Bin Laden was a CIA asset who had nothing to do with 911.
He died a natural death in 2005.

I heard he died in 2001 or 2002. Just curious where you found the 2005 number. Thanks.

Johannes Kepler
05-11-2015, 05:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8e66zcXXV-w#t=1060

"The enemy is radical islam. You can't get around it." - anti-war candidate Rand Paul. So America will be safe when America eliminates at least 20% of the world's population. And, this oversimplified worldview kind of ignores the country that napalmed the USS Liberty ust a few years ago. That country was Israel in case you couldn't see that part of the history books through your religious hatred.

BTW, how did muslims hate our freedom so much they imploded three steel skyscrapers into dust with two aluminum planes???

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
05-13-2015, 02:23 AM
New Yorker stopped publishing Hersch in late 2013 when he broke the story about the Syrian "rebels" being the ones who launched the nerve gas attack there. Hersch took that story to the London Review of Books, which is now apparently the only outfit willing to publish him any more.

Good to see Hersch is finally reporting on this. I heard him talking about it in an interview several weeks ago.

I would have liked to have more articles from this guy over the past 6 years. When Bush was in office he was writing several major pieces for The New Yorker each year.

FriedChicken
05-13-2015, 07:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8e66zcXXV-w#t=1060

"The enemy is radical islam. You can't get around it." - anti-war candidate Rand Paul. So America will be safe when America eliminates at least 20% of the world's population. And, this oversimplified worldview kind of ignores the country that napalmed the USS Liberty ust a few years ago. That country was Israel in case you couldn't see that part of the history books through your religious hatred.

BTW, how did muslims hate our freedom so much they imploded three steel skyscrapers into dust with two aluminum planes???

My guess is that if I brought up radical islamists beheading innocent people, stoning women, etc. you'd come up with a reason to excuse their behavior, am I right?
You'll probably also take me pointing out those things as being a zionist position, even though I didn't say anything about Israel.
When their stated position is, and I'm referring to radicals - not Muslims, to kill everyone who won't convert to their religion ... I think its ok to put them in the bad guy department.
You'll probably read that as me justifying one war or another, even though I didn't mention military intervention.

If radical Israelis had the same position - join us or be killed - you'd see no problem, correct? Because I'm sure you're a very consistent person.
Or are you the type that excuses murder when it is being done by Islamist but has a conniption if someone refers to the Jews as "The chosen people"?

I'm sure Rand would be president in no time when ISIS is putting out videos of mass executions and his first comment is "who cares about that! I want to talk about the USS liberty!"

This forum isn't a place for you to go off on your tangents. Its a place for supporters to meet and try to get this man elected.