PDA

View Full Version : Hand Written or Typed?

rs3515
12-05-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm Ron Shimshock, one of the organizers of the letter writing campaign. I've had a few people ask me to start a thread addressing the issue of whether the letters should be hand written or typed.

I want to be very clear about this ... the goal of this campaign is to hand write letters. There are some exceptions where this is just not possible (such as someone who is disabled), but in most situations it can be done without a problem. I would prefer people to write 20 or 30 letters (or more if they can handle), then spend the rest of their time recruiting other Ron Paul supporters and Meetup group members to join the effort.

The numbers are fairly simple. We have over 70,000 Meetup group members. If we get half of them to commit to writing 20-30 letters, we'll have every one of them done in no time. If we get down to the end and have tons of addresses left, we will consider going to a typed approach. However with the number of requests we're currently getting, I think we'll have a good chance of sending all hand written letters.

The question arises, why does it even make sense to hand write when I can create thousands of letters an hour with a printer? As someone with 15+ years of direct marketing experience, I can tell you hand written will win people's attention every time. Regardless of whether or not the hand writing is perfect, people automatically attach value to knowing someone has taken time to write. Time is one of the most important commodities each of us has, and to give some of our time to Ron Paul's effort by hand writing says something very positive about us.

We're not asking people to have perfect cursive ... if it's more natural for someone to print rather than use cursive, it is fine. Just make it personal and make it hand written. I guarantee you will be amazed at the results.

Contact me directly via PM or at rshimshock@yahoo.com if you would like to discuss this further. Thanks for your efforts.

JenH88
12-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks Ron for this post- this was my opinion as well and am glad one of the people in charge of this has finally stepped forward to say this is how it's supposed to be. *bump*

leftinthemidwest
12-17-2007, 12:45 AM
bump