PDA

View Full Version : An idea for dealing with "papers, citizen" checkpoints.

RJB
05-08-2015, 06:19 PM
A lot of activists focus on filming the police officers at these (DUI, driver license) checkpoints, but this may be the wrong thing to focus on because the insentive for the government to make money overrides any annoyances from the activists.

However, the police need a large parking lot, usually a business, church, etc. What if instead of focusing on the police, we focused on the business. I know we joke about the ineffectiveness of a SWL to the editor or congress critter, but hundreds or thousands of phone calls to the businesses with threats of boycotts on the day after a checkpoint might actually help.

This issue really gets to me. Back when I was a kid in 1984, when that book by Orwell was popular again, I remember people claiming that such a world was impossible. Heck, when I was a naive 18 year old, I joined the Marines to fight people overseas to stop this. Most the cops, people stopped, and store owners who give up their property have ancestors who gave their lives thinking they were defending their country from such tyranny.

Does anyone think this is a good idea? If so, how to we get this idea out there?

Henry Rogue
05-08-2015, 06:31 PM
Yes, it could deter some businesses from assisting the highwaymen. Copsuckers might buycott in response, but still, a proactive idea.

Henry Rogue
05-08-2015, 06:39 PM
RJB*
If so, how to we get this idea out there?
IDK, I'm not good at such things. Writing vote for Ron Paul or end the Fed on rfns is the extent of my creative advertising and it had already been done by the time I thought of it.

CPUd
05-08-2015, 06:45 PM
In TN, these checkpoint locations are posted well in advance. If it's a similar situation in other states, the GPS locations can be used to generate a listing of the surrounding addresses, which could be added to a boycott app even before the checkpoint happens.