PDA

View Full Version : For Those With Tickets For Rand Event Saturday In S.F.

anaconda
05-07-2015, 04:00 PM
I printed out my tickets a couple of days ago but I got this email earlier today...not sure if this means my tickets will not be accepted. That would be a monstrous bonehead move by "LincolnLabs" if that's the case.

A Message from Lincoln Labs:

Thanks for your interest in attending this event. We are extremely over-subscribed and unfortunately we won't be able to accomodate the majority of awesome people like you who have registered.

In the next hour, we will send out a separate email to those who we are able to confirm for Saturday's event from this account - about@lincolnlabs.com.

Please be on the look out for this email with important logistical details.

If you don't receive a confirmation email, we would welcome the chance to include you in a future event and we have several planned for the coming few months!

Also, this panel discussion will be streamed via Periscope, so follow @lincolnlabs to receive the link once we are live on Saturday.

Let us know if you have questions - about@lincolnlabs.com.

Regards,
Lincoln Labs Team

Anybody else dealing with this? Thanks.

Crashland
05-07-2015, 05:35 PM
So they are telling you to assume that your ticket is no good unless you receive another email? It was bad that they "oversubscribed" but even worse how they communicated it. I mean, I suppose it is good that they filled the venue, but really?

Brian4Liberty
05-07-2015, 08:05 PM
I printed out my tickets a couple of days ago but I got this email earlier today...not sure if this means my tickets will not be accepted. That would be a monstrous bonehead move by "LincolnLabs" if that's the case.

Hopefully you'll get your tickets.

First come, first serve generally disappears when demand far outstrips supply. Then it becomes who you know...

dannno
05-07-2015, 08:18 PM
They may be looking into expanding the venue.

The Vegas announcement sold out, then a day or two later they were available again.

anaconda
05-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Hopefully you'll get your tickets.

First come, first serve generally disappears when demand far outstrips supply. Then it becomes who you know...

I already have tickets. I printed out my tickets 2 days ago.

I'm just not clear if they will accept them. I'm not sure what oversubscribed means. Suurely they must have known what their seating capacity is when issuing the Eventbrite tickets.

I utilized the email they provided with their offer to answer questions - I emailed them at 2:44 PM but they have not replied.

I wonder if Rand knows he is having an audience with a bunch of incompetent dumb shits?

anaconda
05-07-2015, 10:59 PM
They may be looking into expanding the venue.

The Vegas announcement sold out, then a day or two later they were available again.

But I have tickets already.

dannno
05-07-2015, 11:05 PM
I wonder if Rand knows he is having an audience with a bunch of incompetent dumb shits?

lol that's a little harsh.. never know what could have happened, maybe they set the capacity on the EventBrite sale and then had a group of VIP guests that wanted to attend and they had to cut it back down or something, who knows. I wouldn't be bitter about it.

anaconda
05-07-2015, 11:06 PM
Didn't anyone else here get Eventbrite tickets a couple of days ago? I was hoping there would be some S.F. Bay Area forum members to compare notes with on this.

anaconda
05-07-2015, 11:07 PM
Isn't the ticket a license that they have to contractually honor? Or be civilly liable?

dannno
05-07-2015, 11:08 PM
Isn't the ticket a license that they have to contractually honor? Or be civilly liable?

Yes, you should get a full refund.

tsai3904
05-07-2015, 11:10 PM

The page where you register for a ticket says this:

*****Completion of registration for this event does not guarantee admission. Due to high demand, confirmation for your attendance will be sent via email on May 6th, 2015.*****

anaconda
05-07-2015, 11:13 PM
lol that's a little harsh.. never know what could have happened, maybe they set the capacity on the EventBrite sale and then had a group of VIP guests that wanted to attend and they had to cut it back down or something, who knows. I wouldn't be bitter about it.

I am OK with their reserving any portion of their seating for VIPs. I am not OK with their stealing my license to attend that they have already issued to me and giving it to a VIP after the fact.

anaconda
05-07-2015, 11:25 PM
Yes, you should get a full refund.

I guess I failed to understand what "registering" actually meant. When I was able to download a ticket I thought that meant I had a ticket. I thought the admonishment was simply a forewarning that the event would likely "sell out." When Ron Paul came to U.C. Berkeley, the Eventbrite website showed that they were unavailable after the tickets issues equaled the initial capacity (of Zellerbach Auditorium). This idea of "over subscribing" the event and then picking and choosing seems like a very twisted incarnation of Eventbrite.

dannno
05-07-2015, 11:32 PM
I am OK with their reserving any portion of their seating for VIPs. I am not OK with their stealing my license to attend that they have already issued to me and giving it to a VIP after the fact.

You should probably consider what is best for the campaign finances ;)

anaconda
05-07-2015, 11:49 PM

OK I apologize and retract my assertion that LincolnLabs are "incompetent dumb shits."

anaconda
05-07-2015, 11:52 PM
You should probably consider what is best for the campaign finances ;)

They should have simply made it a private event or reserved whatever they thought they needed to maximize campaign contributions. I don't understand the "over-registering" concept per Eventbrite. Seems monumentally stupid to me.

anaconda
05-07-2015, 11:55 PM
The page where you register for a ticket says this:

Thank you for pointing this out and I humbly admit my oversight. Yet, I am baffled about the "over-subscribing." Why didn't they simply make it a private event and invite whomever they darn well pleased? I fully understand the concept of rationing tickets, but I fail to understand the concept of enabling people to print out useless tickets.

dannno
05-08-2015, 12:21 AM
I fail to understand the concept of enabling people to print out useless tickets.

It's easier to just download the app on your phone and bring up the tickets in the app.

anaconda
05-08-2015, 01:00 AM
It's easier to just download the app on your phone and bring up the tickets in the app.

I only meant "print out" metaphorically. Why allow people to download useless "tickets?" Why not ration the tickets first, then enable the "ticket" download? This baffles me and is completely at odds with my previous two uses of Eventbrite for Paul-related events.

anaconda
05-09-2015, 05:13 PM
Still wondering if anyone has any ethical explanation why this event would have been "oversubscribed" when they clearly knew the capacity of their venue.

angelatc
05-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Still wondering if anyone has any ethical explanation why this event would have been "oversubscribed" when they clearly knew the capacity of their venue.

Well it makes sense to oversubscribe a little bit because there's always a certain percentage that won't show up. But the only advantage I see of dramatically oversubscribing is data collection. IN short, building a list of supporters, even if not all of them can attend

Brian4Liberty
05-09-2015, 06:36 PM

Bummer, sounds like you didn't go?

Brian4Liberty
05-09-2015, 06:38 PM

Computer or human error?

anaconda
05-09-2015, 10:46 PM
Well it makes sense to oversubscribe a little bit because there's always a certain percentage that won't show up. But the only advantage I see of dramatically oversubscribing is data collection. IN short, building a list of supporters, even if not all of them can attend

Good point about data collection. I didn't think of that. However, when I used Eventbrite for Ron/Rand events, we had to use the tickets by a certain cutoff time, after which they opened the doors to first-come, first-serve walk-ins. So there is no problem with ticket holders no-showing.

anaconda
05-09-2015, 10:49 PM
Computer or human error?

I'm guessing not an error, either computer or human.

anaconda
05-09-2015, 10:49 PM
Bummer, sounds like you didn't go?

No, I was not the recipient of a "confirmation email."