PDA

View Full Version : Fast-Track: Free Trade or Protectionism?

Brian4Liberty
05-07-2015, 12:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwzXyQpef3E

HankRicther12
05-07-2015, 02:55 PM
I actually favor protectionism, and come on Ron, I usually love you guy, but trying to compare states to countries is apples and oranges. Sure different states have different rules but they are all still bound by many federal rules (not that I'm saying I agree with all of them), to say competing with Mexican labor, Chinese labor, etc is good for America is just not looking at reality.

But for the record, I am most definitely not for this bill, I mean seriously, do we even have any say in anything anymore?

Ronin Truth
05-08-2015, 08:22 AM
Government managed trade is just about as close as it gets to 'free trade'(so called). :p

ClydeCoulter
05-08-2015, 08:26 AM
It's "Picking winners and losers" on the global scene, just like they were picking and choosing between the states which, at least in part, led to the civil war.

Snowball
05-11-2015, 08:42 AM
I have always been a protectionist, and this is one of the reasons why
I have agreed more with Pat Buchanan than anyone else on this issue.
There is no such thing as "free trade" anymore. It's just an excuse for
the one world elite to own and control everything forever.
Ron Paul should understand that protectionism never hurt this country.
Free trade is an illusion of deceit.

HankRicther12
05-12-2015, 12:23 PM
I have always been a protectionist, and this is one of the reasons why
I have agreed more with Pat Buchanan than anyone else on this issue.
There is no such thing as "free trade" anymore. It's just an excuse for
the one world elite to own and control everything forever.
Free trade is an illusion of deceit.

I agree 100%, I listen Pat's audio books, many of them are from the 90's early 2000's, it's crazy how everything he said was going to happen has happened. Everyone likes to make arguments against protectionism in theory yet the reality is right there, free trade is a failure.

Snowball
05-12-2015, 04:38 PM
I agree 100%, I listen Pat's audio books, many of them are from the 90's early 2000's, it's crazy how everything he said was going to happen has happened. Everyone likes to make arguments against protectionism in theory yet the reality is right there, free trade is a failure.

A failure by the common man's standards, but a boon to the non-national corporate fascists.
Like Rand Paul, who is for TPP fast track. I've started to refer to him as "Mitch McConnell Jr.".
Ron, well, he's living in fairy land sometimes, and is terribly out of date with his analogies.

Brett85
05-12-2015, 05:35 PM
A failure by the common man's standards, but a boon to the non-national corporate fascists.
Like Rand Paul, who is for TPP fast track. I've started to refer to him as "Mitch McConnell Jr.".
Ron, well, he's living in fairy land sometimes, and is terribly out of date with his analogies.

False. Do you not ever visit the Rand Paul sub forum? It was published on the front page as well. I'm not sure how you can miss that.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?474489-Paul-opposes-granting-Obama-fast-track-trade-authority

Brett85
05-12-2015, 05:35 PM
Duplicate post.

Krugminator2
05-13-2015, 06:49 PM

The Smoot-Hawley Tariff was a major contributor to the Great Depression.

Rand Paul is against TPP Fast Track