PDA

View Full Version : Are White Cops the Problem in Black Neighborhoods? No, it’s black criminals.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 09:17 AM
Are White Cops the Problem in Black Neighborhoods?

No, it’s black criminals, says Walter Williams.

Black Lives Matter

By Walter E. Williams

May 6, 2015

Before we examine the issue of police shootings of blacks, I would like to start the conversation with another question. Here it is: If a person chooses to stand on railroad tracks in the face of an oncoming train, who is responsible for his being run over? And if many people meet their maker this way, what would you recommend as the best way to reduce such deaths? Would you focus most of your efforts on train engineers, or would you counsel people not to stand on railroad tracks in the face of an oncoming train?

In principle, the answer to these questions might help with the issue of police shootings in general and particularly those of blacks. First, the Ferguson, Missouri, case: Having robbed a liquor store, the person is walking in the middle of the street and blocking traffic. A police officer tells the person to get out of the street. What would you suggest the person do? Would you suggest that he ignore the police officer’s instructions, push the officer as he attempts to get out of his vehicle and afterward attempt to take the officer’s pistol?

In the case of the New York City death of Eric Garner, what would you recommend? A person is illegally selling cigarettes. The police try to effect an arrest. What would you recommend that the person do? As the police try to take the person into custody, would you advise the person to swat away the arms of the arresting officer, to tell the officer “Don’t touch me!” and to continue resisting arrest?

What about the shooting of Walter Scott by a North Charleston, South Carolina, police officer? If an officer makes a traffic stop, would you advise that the driver flee so as to avoid arrest?

Let me be clear: I am justifying neither the behavior of police officers nor the deadly outcomes of their confrontations with these three black men.

Similarly, I would not justify the behavior of a train engineer or the outcome a person experiences standing on the train tracks in the face of an oncoming train. I would counsel a person not to stand on railroad tracks in the face of an oncoming train. Similarly, the advice that I would give to anyone of any race in dealing with police is: Follow the officer’s instructions.

Do not resist arrest or attempt to flee. Do not assault the police officer or try to disarm him. Had this advice been taken, Michael Brown, Eric Garner and Walter Scott would be alive today.

Criminal activity is a major problem in many black communities. That means many black citizens will have some kind of contact with police officers, either as victims of crime or as criminals. One of the true tragedies is that black politicians, preachers and civil rights advocates give massive support to criminals such as Brown, Garner and Scott. How much support do we see for the overwhelmingly law-abiding members of the black community preyed upon by criminals?

The average American has no idea of the day-to-day threats and fears encountered by the law-abiding majority in black neighborhoods on account of thugs. In addition to giving threats and instilling fears, criminals have turned many black communities into economic wastelands where there is a lack of services that most Americans take for granted, such as supermarkets, other shops and even home delivery. Black residents must bear the expense of having to go out of their neighborhoods to shop or shop at high-cost mom and pop stores.

The protest chant that black lives matter appears to mean that black lives matter only if they are taken at the hands of white police officers.

The Best of Walter E. Williams

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/05/walter-e-williams/are-white-cops-the-key-problem-in-black-neighborhoods/

Copyright © 2015 by LewRockwell.com. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a live link are provided.

presence
05-06-2015, 09:21 AM
http://41.media.tumblr.com/0d00cb07cc879d4477360ca889526a5d/tumblr_nns97hwcWF1qz802uo1_500.jpg
"Follow the officer’s instructions. Do not resist arrest or attempt to flee. Do not assault the police officer or try to disarm him."

AuH20
05-06-2015, 09:24 AM
Police certainly exacerbate the problems within the inner city in a negative fashion. With that said, the police aren't the core problem. When you're killing your fellow neighbor over relatively frivolous issues, it ain't the police who are forcing you to do so.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 09:33 AM
How many black lives are terminated by black killers in the US and elsewhere worldwide, annually?

Do those black lives matter?

staerker
05-06-2015, 09:38 AM
Cops by definition are criminals.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 09:43 AM
In some of life's situations there just really ain't no good guys. <shrug>

Acala
05-06-2015, 09:54 AM
In a society where there are so many criminal laws that no living human being can know them all, most of which do not involve the violent invasion of the rights of others, many of which are unconstitutional, many of which are designed to favor certain "insiders", and many of which have no victim other than the state and its cronies, the "advice" given in this article is the equivalent of advising a rape victim to just lie back and enjoy it.

Any article on this subject that does not address the larger issue of "rules of engagement", is myopic to the point of being suspect as mere propaganda. I expect better from Walter Williams.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 10:00 AM
In a society where there are so many criminal laws that no living human being can know them all, most of which do not involve the violent invasion of the rights of others, many of which are unconstitutional, many of which are designed to favor certain "insiders", and many of which have no victim other than the state and its cronies, the "advice" given in this article is the equivalent of advising a rape victim to just lie back and enjoy it.

Any article on this subject that does not address the larger issue of "rules of engagement", is myopic to the point of being suspect as mere propaganda. I expect better from Walter Williams.

I very often agree with Walter. This time too, BTW. Giving the guys with the guns a hard time, is hardly ever a really good or intelligent idea.

wizardwatson
05-06-2015, 10:00 AM

There's a lot of drama on RPF with this whole "racism" angle. But it isn't even about race. It's about moral judgement.

There were many people chastising the looters, including Rand. With Rand even saying that they were essentially a "fatherless generation".

Meaningless point.

Why are we trying to assess the relative moral compasses of various groups? We are all morally culpable if you ask me. And the higher you go the worse it gets. We're supposed to be talking about how to fix it, not which immoral "bubble" needs to be hammered the most. Now LRC wants to fan the flames too and say the problem is "black criminals"?

The greatest contributor to poverty is the Federal Reserve, what happened to focusing on that? The greatest contributor to jihadism is our foreign policy, what happened to that?

And as Ron Paul pointed out many times over the years the greatest contributor to ALL OF THESE MORAL PROBLEMS has been the erosion over the years of following moral principles. "Moral hazards" as he called them. Roe V. Wade, Patriot Act, etc. "Liberty comes from God", Ron Paul has said. If our government is full of looters what moral standing do we have to condemn a looter on moral grounds? Zero. They are criminals for sure, but targeting them on moral grounds is ridiculous and makes anyone who does it look like a hypocrite.

But at the end of all things, when crap is really starting starting to fall apart, the wisdom from LRC is "the problem is black criminals"? Which is really just to say A=A?

Anyway, I sure hope LRC's ad click-through rate benefits. Because understanding real problems isn't being benefited.

I don't think RPF is racist. I think we're just off-topic across the board so we end up arguing about the same stupid things that any other run of the mill political bulletin board would. Instead of digging into real issues we've become ambulance chasers commenting on what is being fed to us.

Sam I am
05-06-2015, 10:03 AM
When there's a conflict between two parties. Just because one party is in the wrong doesn't mean the other party is in the right.

So, when:

Someone commits a crime that doesn't warrant the death penalty(such as selling drugs or cigarettes)
The extent of their interaction with the police isn't dangerous enough to warrant any lethal force(such as talking back or running away)

If their interaction with the police results in their death, both parties may actually be in the wrong at the same time.

Just because the criminal is in the wrong, doesn't mean the police are right.

---

Also, as a reminder, the criminals in these cases aren't getting off Scott free. In fact, they're dead.

The Police, on the other hand, are not dead. Additionally, the police are paid with taxpayer money, and they're given extra authority, so we expect them to be a responsible party. Criminals, on the other hand, aren't given extra authority. We don't expect as much responsibility from them.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 10:06 AM
There's a lot of drama on RPF with this whole "racism" angle. But it isn't even about race. It's about moral judgement.

There were many people chastising the looters, including Rand. With Rand even saying that they were essentially a "fatherless generation".

Meaningless point.

Why are we trying to assess the relative moral compasses of various groups? We are all morally culpable if you ask me. And the higher you go the worse it gets. We're supposed to be talking about how to fix it, not which immoral "bubble" needs to be hammered the most. Now LRC wants to fan the flames too and say the problem is "black criminals"?

The greatest contributor to poverty is the Federal Reserve, what happened to focusing on that? The greatest contributor to jihadism is our foreign policy, what happened to that?

And as Ron Paul pointed out many times over the years the greatest contributor to ALL OF THESE MORAL PROBLEMS has been the erosion over the years of following moral principles. "Moral hazards" as he called them. Roe V. Wade, Patriot Act, etc. "Liberty comes from God", Ron Paul has said. If our government is full of looters what moral standing do we have to condemn a looter on moral grounds? Zero. They are criminals for sure, but targeting them on moral grounds is ridiculous and makes anyone who does it look like a hypocrite.

But at the end of all things, when crap is really starting starting to fall apart, the wisdom from LRC is "the problem is black criminals"? Which is really just to say A=A?

Anyway, I sure hope LRC's ad click-through rate benefits. Because understanding real problems isn't being benefited.

I don't think RPF is racist. I think we're just off-topic across the board so we end up arguing about the same stupid things that any other run of the mill political bulletin board would. Instead of digging into real issues we've become ambulance chasers commenting on what is being fed to us.

Ahem, I beg to disagree and differ with a few of your characterizations.

Race, Politics and Lies (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?474152-Race-Politics-and-Lies)

milgram
05-06-2015, 10:11 AM
^ yep, it's hardly a meaningless point that

the poverty rate among black married couples has been in single digits every year since 1994.

wizardwatson
05-06-2015, 10:21 AM
Ahem, I beg to disagree and differ with a few of your characterizations.

Race, Politics and Lies (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?474152-Race-Politics-and-Lies)

Ok, so why isn't the article entitled "it's criminals" instead of "it's black criminals"?

Why is it necessary in this article you've posted or the other you linked to to correlate race?

Christopher A. Brown
05-06-2015, 10:22 AM
This thread has way too narrow of a view to be comprehensive to the problem.

1). Without justice, no social problem can be corrected.

2). There are more than a few problems at fault here

3). The beginning is the creation of conditions that breed crime.

a). Economic manipulation
b). Drug dealing government agencies, prison police state.
c). The educational system within economic manipulation.
d). A lack of mental health care in the law enforcement industry that can be offered to correct antisocial, sociopathic or psychotic tendencies.
e). Media manipulation of children's and public mentality creating focus on wants or desires instead of needs.

1), 2), and 3) can be dealt with by a lawful and peaceful revolution.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?471555-A-lawful-and-peaceful-revolution

Whining and complaining about problems looks really stupid while the solution to the problems is at hand and being ignored because of covert manipulation preferring the problems.

JK/SEA
05-06-2015, 10:27 AM
How many black lives are terminated by black killers in the US and elsewhere worldwide, annually?

the ISSUE is taxpayer funded 'criminals' in blue. But then, you know that right?

wizardwatson
05-06-2015, 10:30 AM
This thread has way too narrow of a view to be comprehensive to the problem.

d). A lack of mental health care in the law enforcement industry that can be offered to correct antisocial, sociopathic or psychotic tendencies.
e). Media manipulation of children's and public mentality creating focus on wants or desires instead of needs.

1), 2), and 3) can be dealt with by a lawful and peaceful revolution.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?471555-A-lawful-and-peaceful-revolution

Whining and complaining about problems looks really stupid while the solution to the problems is at hand and being ignored because of covert manipulation preferring the problems.

You keep saying the exact same thing, and posting this exact same line linking to your thread in other threads.

I think you are allowed 2 personal thread bumps a day, you know. You could just bump that thread a couple times a day (which you haven't posted in for a week) instead of advertising in other threads. Just a suggestion. You will likely get more responses.

Other option is to actually relate your agenda directly to the topic of the thread somehow. The standard for this is pretty low so shouldn't be too difficult.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 10:35 AM
the ISSUE is taxpayer funded 'criminals' in blue. But then, you know that right?

Well I could agree that it's AN issue, without necessarily thinking or calling it THE issue.

If 10% of the folks are responsible for 50% of the crime, the primary problem is not racism.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Ok, so why isn't the article entitled "it's criminals" instead of "it's black criminals"?

Why is it necessary in this article you've posted or the other you linked to to correlate race?

Maybe because both authors of the articles are black and I very usually agree with both of them on racial issues.

You may want to take that titling question up with Walter.

wizardwatson
05-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Maybe because both authors of the articles are black and I very usually agree with both of them on racial issues.

You may want to take that titling question up with Walter.

Do you agree with them because they are black?

I question why race correlation is necessary to make their argument about crime and you point out the race of the author? Why? The authors didn't point out their race?

AuH20
05-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Well I could agree that it's AN issue, without necessarily thinking or calling it THE issue.

If 10% of the folks are responsible for 50% of the crime, the primary problem is not racism.

Ding. ding. ding. It's actually much worse than racism. It's exploitation by select special interests.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-06-2015, 10:57 AM
[list]

Someone commits a crime that doesn't warrant the death penalty(such as selling drugs or cigarettes)
The extent of their interaction with the police isn't dangerous enough to warrant any lethal force(such as talking back or running away)

Take your "list" back to your shilling organization and stop trying to fly under the radar here. I know you're a progressive who is paid to post on this site. The only time you people are concerned about such matters is when the dead party is black. If the party is black, then the police are wrong. If the party is Bundy, then it's a right wing nut. Liberty people are concerned about both. YOU are not. Knock off your nonsense.

Christopher A. Brown
Other option is to actually relate your agenda directly to the topic of the thread somehow. The standard for this is pretty low so shouldn't be too difficult.

This has been done dynamically far exceeding any standard.

Bumping is not my style and the covert infiltration uses it to our disadvantage.

The covert infiltration instills and reinforces myopic perspective of the problems created to justify constitutional erosion. I will continue to oppose the myopia until people start to work on solution.

wizardwatson
Ding. ding. ding. It's actually much worse than racism. It's exploitation by select special interests.

Can you elaborate a little on that? I wanted to ask Ronin what he thought THE problem was, but he rarely responds more than a couple sentences. I want to get to "the real problem" too.

AuH20
05-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Can you elaborate a little on that? I wanted to ask Ronin what he thought THE problem was, but he rarely responds more than a couple sentences. I want to get to "the real problem" too.

We have large banks that make sizable profits off the food stamp program. The race grievance industry led by the likes of Al Sharpton is certainly thriving these days as well. We can't seem to build enough prisons fast enough. The teacher unions are certainly not feeling a pinch these days as school budgets grow. Everyone seems to be personally profiting from this generational plight, except for the people that these programs were allegedly supposed to help.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 11:08 AM

I question why race correlation is necessary to make their argument about crime and you point out the race of the author? Why? The authors didn't point out their race?

No, I agree with them because they are correct, from my point of view. Because when it comes to crime, race seems to be a very persistent, relevant and ongoing factor.

The original LRC articles contain their pictures. ;) Of course, we as LRC regulars already know both Thomas and Walter.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 11:12 AM

Actually, telling the truth doesn't usually require a lot of words.

"Complexity is the essence of the con and the hustle."

fisharmor
05-06-2015, 11:12 AM

Solidarity, brother.

wizardwatson
05-06-2015, 11:16 AM
We have large banks that make sizable profits off the food stamp program. The race grievance industry led by the likes of Al Sharpton is certainly thriving these days as well. We can't seem to build enough prisons fast enough. The teacher unions are certainly not feeling a pinch these days as school budgets grow. Everyone seems to be personally profiting from this generational plight, except for the people that these programs were allegedly supposed to help.

So why then when the rioting and looting started did everyone jump on the "moral judgement" bandwagon around here and say that they were violent people who should be shot on sight? Surely there was no excuse for that behavior but why not stick to the main narrative?

I stuck to the main narrative by saying that "looting" is the same kind of behavior that our government does, which is exactly what you just told me the "primary problem" is, so why be hypocritical and change the narrative to "crime is the problem, these people are animals" when you know yourself that there are a host of more relevant contributing factors?

So the problem is that looting breeds looting. But the narrative changed to "criminals get what they deserve" and people should stop whining?

Criminals, the real ones that we in this movement have been trying to point out, most definitely do NOT get what they deserve.

This same "one side's right and one is wrong" crap is going on with the Cartoon fiasco. Both sides are responsible for their actions. The special interests and those who gave into violence are both wrong.

But our narrative should be to stick to the real causes and not hypocritical moral judgements of groups on a case-by-case basis other than to say crime is crime.

AuH20
05-06-2015, 11:19 AM
So why then when the rioting and looting started did everyone jump on the "moral judgement" bandwagon around here and say that they were violent people who should be shot on sight? Surely there was no excuse for that behavior but why not stick to the main narrative?

I stuck to the main narrative by saying that "looting" is the same kind of behavior that our government does, which is exactly what you just told me the "primary problem" is, so why be hypocritical and change the narrative to "crime is the problem, these people are animals" when you know yourself that there are a host of more relevant contributing factors?

So the problem is that looting breeds looting. But the narrative changed to "criminals get what they deserve" and people should stop whining?

Criminals, the real ones that we in this movement have been trying to point out, most definitely do NOT get what they deserve.

This same "one side's right and one is wrong" crap is going on with the Cartoon fiasco. Both sides are responsible for their actions. The special interests and those who gave into violence are both wrong.

But our narrative should be to stick to the real causes and not hypocritical moral judgements of groups on a case-by-case basis other than to say crime is crime.

I never voiced that they should be shot, unless of course they started shooting and forced the police into an extreme defensive measure. I was always an advocate for containing the chaos with non-lethal means so the arson & looting could be prevented. The store owners there didn't deserve that.

wizardwatson
05-06-2015, 11:26 AM
No, I agree with them because they are correct, from my point of view. Because when it comes to crime, race seems to be a very persistent, relevant and ongoing factor.

The original LRC articles contain their pictures. ;) Of course, we as LRC regulars already know both Thomas and Walter.

Well, it's certainly a persistent and ongoing topic.

Yes, it is. Why don't you ask Gary North, a "regular" LRC blogger how much money he made using his "complex" economic knowledge to scare boatloads of people about the economic ramifications of Y2K?

He's buried as much evidence as he could but you can still dig up some stuff. I don't trust any of those gatekeepers.

But then again I don't really trust anyone.

fisharmor
05-06-2015, 11:31 AM

I haven't yet seen the part of the narrative that strikes straight to the heart of the matter.

I've seen people dance dangerously close, by posting pictures of the Korean store owners in the '92 LA riots, guarding their stores by themselves - which stores went totally unmolested.

I've not seen anyone generalize that concept, and point out that a riot of that sort cannot happen in Virginia, or New Hampshire, or Texas. Well, maybe in isolated pockets of each - but you're not going to be able to point to a like episode in an area where self defense rights are (relatively) unviolated.

The lesson, again, unsurprisingly, as always, is that we do not need police. Not only do they not achieve the goal society generally agrees they were hired for (protection), but we have multiple SCOTUS decisions stating that protection is explicitly NOT their goal. Since the law states that is not their goal, their goal must be something else.

I'm no scholar on the subject, but for fuck's sake, people, it only takes an hour's worth of studying the history of police to prove conclusively that shackling subjects and bouncing them around in a van until they die is, in fact, the purpose of the police, and always has been.

If any of you are intellectually honest, you will see this, and immediately recognize that all the racism talk not only distracts from this fact, but the racism issue disappears if you accept the fact that this is what police were hired for. If you believe this is a bad thing, and you accept that police must be totally abolished, then the fact that they're killing blacks becomes moot.

JK/SEA
05-06-2015, 11:45 AM
I haven't yet seen the part of the narrative that strikes straight to the heart of the matter.

I've seen people dance dangerously close, by posting pictures of the Korean store owners in the '92 LA riots, guarding their stores by themselves - which stores went totally unmolested.

I've not seen anyone generalize that concept, and point out that a riot of that sort cannot happen in Virginia, or New Hampshire, or Texas. Well, maybe in isolated pockets of each - but you're not going to be able to point to a like episode in an area where self defense rights are (relatively) unviolated.

The lesson, again, unsurprisingly, as always, is that we do not need police. Not only do they not achieve the goal society generally agrees they were hired for (protection), but we have multiple SCOTUS decisions stating that protection is explicitly NOT their goal. Since the law states that is not their goal, their goal must be something else.

I'm no scholar on the subject, but for fuck's sake, people, it only takes an hour's worth of studying the history of police to prove conclusively that shackling subjects and bouncing them around in a van until they die is, in fact, the purpose of the police, and always has been.

If any of you are intellectually honest, you will see this, and immediately recognize that all the racism talk not only distracts from this fact, but the racism issue disappears if you accept the fact that this is what police were hired for. If you believe this is a bad thing, and you accept that police must be totally abolished, then the fact that they're killing blacks becomes moot.

I agree, however, you can't deny racism is not a factor. To what degree i suppose THE stormfronters would have that answer...>cough<

fisharmor
05-06-2015, 11:47 AM
I agree, however, you can't deny racism is not a factor. To what degree i suppose THE stormfronters would have that answer...>cough<
I have an answer for that too:
The racism factor is that whites are scared of living next to blacks without the assurance that they can call a guy to put them in the back of a van and bounce them around until they die.

AuH20
05-06-2015, 11:51 AM
I have an answer for that too:
The racism factor is that whites are scared of living next to blacks without the assurance that they can call a guy to put them in the back of a van and bounce them around until they die.
It's worse than that. The state mandates that you call their certified 'mop up' expert AKA known as Mr. Police Officer, since you aren't allowed to defend yourself from this product of socioeconomic fallout. The state fosters inner city black dependency and crime & then amusingly tells you that you can't defend yourself from their creations. Only blacks are allowed to harm blacks in the emerald city.

erowe1
05-06-2015, 11:56 AM
It was disappointing to see LRC post this.

Christopher A. Brown
05-06-2015, 11:58 AM

Wiz, its dynamic and compounded. And that is intentional.

The solution is a MAJOR sacrifice. Americans have to agree on prime constitutional intent in order to become "the rightful masters of the congress and the courts."

Do you know how much that hurts Americans? (sarcasm)

I suggest that Americans agree upon the ultimate purpose of free speech, not because it hurts so much (sarcasm), but because all Americans appreciate the concept of free speech. The deficiency of the framing documents leaving out the purpose was intentional, so that government would not have to work to keep the people unified adequately to alter or abolish it when it became destructive to unalienable rights.

There is a conspiracy to disable us from protecting our rights and freedoms and this is the process and agenda we are faced with. It is like a medusa. Attacking one aspect is not effective, and it was intended that way long ago.

Wanting to know the problem is good, because once that is known the problem cannot happen again. However, knowing the problem does not solve the problem, and, if solution is not enacted for this problem, knowing what caused it is not going to matter.

After we solve the problem and its immediate threat, THEN we need to assure that everyone knows exactly what caused the problem as a form of creating vigilant to preventing its appearing again.

juleswin
05-06-2015, 11:59 AM

Hope this is easy for you to understand but its all about expectation. Black people and people in general do not expect to be killed by police because they are supposed to protect the people but society even black ones do not expect the same from criminal, drug dealers, gang members. That is why there is more outrage when police kills innocent people even if the number killed by the police pale in comparison when compared to that from criminals.

This is the same type of phenomena when people totally freak out when a medication that was deemed safe by the FDA kills a few people even though there are 1000x more self inflicted deaths from people not washing their hands and preparing their foods. It sucks really bad that the police paid by the community is held at a higher standard that ordinary criminals but that is the way life is.

If they don't like it, they can quit and become ordinary criminals and do all the killing they want without all the outrage they would have gotten if they committed the same crime as a police.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Hope this is easy for you to understand but its all about expectation. Black people and people in general do not expect to be killed by police because they are supposed to protect the people but society even black ones do not expect the same from criminal, drug dealers, gang members. That is why there is more outrage when police kills innocent people even if the number killed by the police pale in comparison when compared to that from criminals.

This is the same type of phenomena when people totally freak out when a medication that was deemed safe by the FDA kills a few people even though there are 1000x more self inflicted deaths from people not washing their hands and preparing their foods. It sucks really bad that the police paid by the community is held at a higher standard that ordinary criminals but that is the way life is.

If they don't like it, they can quit and become ordinary criminals and do all the killing they want without all the outrage they would have gotten if they committed the same crime as a police.

The job of the police is law enforcement, not citizen nor property protection.

The FDA is strictly in the pockets of both Big Ag and Big Pharma.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 12:19 PM
It was disappointing to see LRC post this.

Or perhaps it's just past time to shatter some other illusions and/or popular delusions.

AuH20
05-06-2015, 12:22 PM
Or perhaps it's just past time to shatter some other illusions and/or popular delusions.

Lack of accountability and possessing no respect for one's self. That's what this is all about it. Life isn't fair but until you willfully decide to change your life, you're just living an elaborate lie created by some politician. That's all it is. And it's scary because similar excuses permeate copsucker land.

JohnGalt1225
05-06-2015, 12:22 PM
Good article OP. I see the SJW/Al Sharpton talking points are still strong here on RPF.

staerker
05-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Good article OP. I see the SJW/Al Sharpton talking points are still strong here on RPF.

Life has more dimensions than the line you're living on. Snapping out of the conservative/liberal mindset is the first step to actually learning something.

phill4paul
05-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Every single citizen in the U.S. broke a law today. Every single one. Remember, when you point your finger at another there are three pointing back at you. Those three fingers represent the three laws you broke today. Might not have known it, but ignorance is no excuse for the law. I suggest the everyone of us get our asses on down to our local precinct and turn ourselves over to rightful authority. I am sure that after an interrogation into our daily lives something will be found in which to be charged. It is the moral thing to do.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 12:30 PM
Well, it's certainly a persistent and ongoing topic.

Yes, it is. Why don't you ask Gary North, a "regular" LRC blogger how much money he made using his "complex" economic knowledge to scare boatloads of people about the economic ramifications of Y2K?

He's buried as much evidence as he could but you can still dig up some stuff. I don't trust any of those gatekeepers.

But then again I don't really trust anyone.

Because when it comes to LRC I really don't tend to have too many questions.

Anti-state, anti-war and pro-market just really works for me too.

CHEER UP!!! :D

AuH20
05-06-2015, 12:31 PM
Every single citizen in the U.S. broke a law today. Every single one. Remember, when you point your finger at another there are three pointing back at you. Those three fingers represent the three laws you broke today. Might not have known it, but ignorance is no excuse for the law. I suggest the everyone of us get our asses on down to our local precinct and turn ourselves over to rightful authority. I am sure that after an interrogation into our daily lives something will be found in which to be charged. It is the moral thing to do.

Not moral relativism on RPF. Ugh. I can hear the groans from the heavens.

erowe1
05-06-2015, 12:33 PM

Such as?

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Lack of accountability and possessing no respect for one's self. That's what this is all about it. Life isn't fair but until you willfully decide to change your life, you're just living an elaborate lie created by some politician. That's all it is. And it's scary because similar excuses permeate copsucker land.

Couldn't it just as easily be multi-generations of really crappy parenting, self-serving cultural leadership, an fostered entitlement attitude and mindset, and selling votes and souls to corrupt welfare state socialists?

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Such as? Whatever it was that disappointed you about the LRC posts.

EBounding
05-06-2015, 12:42 PM
I still like Walter Williams, but this was dissapointing to read. Yes, you should probably follow the instructions of badged people who have license to kill you (usually) without any consequences. But is not following their instructions really the fundamental problem?

AuH20
05-06-2015, 12:50 PM
Couldn't it just as easily be multi-generations of really crappy parenting, self-serving cultural leadership, an fostered entitlement attitude and mindset, and selling votes and souls to corrupt welfare state socialists?

Yes, but they willfully swallowed the poison pill and went down this dark road. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they chose this dystopian future. The same thing is going to happen to the Boomers. They are no different. The blacks are just further along the conveyor belt.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 12:52 PM
I still like Walter Williams, but this was dissapointing to read. Yes, you should probably follow the instructions of badged people who have license to kill you (usually) without any consequences. But is not following their instructions really the fundamental problem?

Were there many recent newsworthy cop "executions" of folks just following officer directions? If there were, I just missed them.

erowe1
05-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Whatever it was that disappointed you about the LRC posts.

The fact that LRC was spreading statist propaganda?

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Yes, but they willfully swallowed the poison pill and went down this dark road. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they chose this dystopian future. The same thing is going to happen to the Boomers. They are no different. The blacks are just further along the conveyor belt. As a front time edge Boomer, I certainly think and feel different. A pretty good chunk of Boomers are also black. 10,000+ Boomers turn 65 everyday, and continuing on for several more years.

AuH20
05-06-2015, 01:01 PM
As a front time edge Boomer, I certainly think and feel different. A pretty good chunk of Boomers are also black. 10,000+ Boomers turn 65 everyday, and continuing on for several more years.

Boomers created most of our problems I'm sorry to say. The greatest expanse of government & loss of freedoms occurred during their reign. Now that's not to say Boomers are bad people, but I'm wary of them as a collective group.

juleswin
05-06-2015, 01:09 PM

Follow Walter Williams long enough and you will realize he is all talk about being anti statist cos when the chips are down, he would tell you to pay all your taxes, listen to the police and don't ever rattle the system.

I remember reading article from him and the other prominent black conservative intellectual during the 2012 election hoping those 2 would try and say something positive about Ron Paul but no, they only shill for mainstream republican candidates. They are not libertarian or anti govt, pro market or even anti war, they shill for the highest bigger while playing the character of free market conservatives.

I take 1/4 of Tom Woods over that twit.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Boomers created most of our problems I'm sorry to say. The greatest expanse of government & loss of freedoms occurred during their reign. Now that's not to say Boomers are bad people, but I'm wary of them as a collective group.

Did the Boomers create either the welfare OR the warfare state? It seems they both already existed full blown long before the first Boomer was even born. The first Boomer POTUS was Bubba. The second Boomer POTUS was W. Which of those was a/the Boomer reign? BTW, I tend to be wary of ALL collective groups.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 01:28 PM

Or perhaps it is just accurate problem analysis. <shrug>

AuH20
05-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Did the Boomers create either the welfare OR the warfare state? It seems they both already existed full blown long before the first Boomer was even born. The first Boomer POTUS was Bubba. The second Boomer POTUS was W. Which of those was a/the Boomer reign? BTW, I tend to be wary of ALL collective groups.

This sums up my feelings.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/04/david-stockman/class-president-of-a-failed-generation/

The baby boom generation which started with so much promise when it came of age in the 1960s has ended up a colossal failure. It has turned America into a bloody imperial hegemon aboard and a bankrupt Spy State at home where financialization and the 1% thrive, half the populations lives off the state and real main street prosperity has virtually disappeared from the land.

erowe1
05-06-2015, 01:34 PM

JK/SEA
05-06-2015, 01:34 PM

i used to think that about my parents generation...i used to say..''i can't wait for all these 'old' people to die'...they start wars, they pass stupid laws etc...

'the more things change, the more things stay the same...'

oh well...live and learn right?

AuH20
05-06-2015, 01:38 PM
i used to think that about my parents generation...i used to say..''i can't wait for all these 'old' people to die'...they start wars, they pass stupid laws etc...

'the more things change, the more things stay the same...'

oh well...live and learn right?

It's gotten progressively worse. There is no doubt. I'm just disappointed in the boomers pissing it all away and that's not to say the Greatest Generation wasn't partially responsible because they were as well. The boomers could have stopped the descent and reversed course. Instead they actually expanded and accelerated the demise.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 01:42 PM
This sums up my feelings.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/04/david-stockman/class-president-of-a-failed-generation/

How was it again that we Boomers did all of that? :confused:

My first vote was in '68 and my last was in '72.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 01:47 PM
It's gotten progressively worse. There is no doubt. I'm just disappointed in the boomers pissing it all away and that's not to say the Greatest Generation wasn't partially responsible because they were as well. The boomers could have stopped the descent and reversed course. Instead they actually expanded and accelerated the demise. HOW, specifically?

Anti Federalist
05-06-2015, 01:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZcYr5Uo.jpg

Did not obey hard enough.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/8451769f5e5c61915cb2af879aecf2405c124a7d/c=0-3-380-509&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/WTLV/WTLV/2014/05/30//1401495315000-1401473538005-photo-3.JPG

GunnyFreedom
05-06-2015, 01:48 PM
It sucks really bad that the police paid by the community is held at a higher standard that ordinary criminals but that is the way life is.

I LOL'ed. :D

juleswin
05-06-2015, 01:49 PM
How was it again that we Boomers did all of that? :confused:

My first vote was in '68 and my last was in '72.

You maybe part of the baby boomers but it seems like you are in the minority so maybe you didn't do anything but the majority of the baby boomers vote and they voted for things that hurt the country. I mean, we know somebody voted and demanded things and everything that happened didn't just happen by magic.

Anti Federalist
05-06-2015, 01:49 PM

This.

JK/SEA
05-06-2015, 01:50 PM
It's gotten progressively worse. There is no doubt. I'm just disappointed in the boomers pissing it all away and that's not to say the Greatest Generation wasn't partially responsible because they were as well. The boomers could have stopped the descent and reversed course. Instead they actually expanded and accelerated the demise.

on the bright side, WE had a big hand in ending the War in Vietnam. That issue alone took great effort and time. The 60's were quite hectic. Not knowing if a nuke was going to go off somewhere in the States, race riots, police riots, the canceling of Star Trek etc...

GunnyFreedom
05-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Were there many recent newsworthy cop "executions" of folks just following officer directions? If there were, I just missed them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeT_oSLtI-o

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 01:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZcYr5Uo.jpg

Did not obey hard enough.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/8451769f5e5c61915cb2af879aecf2405c124a7d/c=0-3-380-509&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/WTLV/WTLV/2014/05/30//1401495315000-1401473538005-photo-3.JPG

Screw respect and obedience. Just shut up and do what you have to do to not get yourself or your family or your friends shot. No rocket science is involved.

AuH20
05-06-2015, 01:55 PM
HOW, specifically?

For one, grabbed back the 4th estate. I don't even think you could call that journalism.

Acala
05-06-2015, 01:57 PM
You maybe part of the baby boomers but it seems like you are in the minority so maybe you didn't do anything but the majority of the baby boomers vote and they voted for things that hurt the country. I mean, we know somebody voted and demanded things and everything that happened didn't just happen by magic.

Thankfully the generations that followed the boomers have turned the tide and the government is getting smaller, less expensive, less violent, and less intrusive. LOL

AuH20
05-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Thankfully the generations that followed the boomers have turned the tide and the government is getting smaller, less expensive, less violent, and less intrusive. LOL

The Millennials are here to save us! [sarc] In all seriousness, at some point one of these future generations will have to snap back violently like a rubber band so as to return us to equilibrium.

Ronin Truth

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Boomer+voting+statistics.&gbv=2&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ei=bXJKVdL2MYmuoQS8xYGYAQ&ved=0CDMQsAQ&tbm=isch

Anti Federalist
Screw respect and obedience. Just shut up and do what you have to do to not get yourself or your family or your friends shot. No rocket science is involved.

I agree, Baby Bou and his family didn't obey hard enough or quickly enough.

Smitty
05-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Things started going to shit a long time before the boomer generation arrived. I would point back at least as far as the Lincoln Presidency to show the beginning of it,...maybe even as far back as the Whiskey Rebellion.

The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 kicked the decline into a much higher gear. LBJ made a hell of a mess along the way.

Generations don't configure the world they live in. The elite do.

AuH20
05-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Things started going to shit a long time before the boomer generation arrived. I would point back at least as far as the Lincoln Presidency to show the beginning of it,...maybe even as far back as the Whiskey Rebellion.

The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 kicked the decline into a much higher gear. LBJ made a hell of a mess along the way.

But certain generations are more malleable than others. At least, large swaths of the Greatest Generation fought FDR tooth and nail until he finally wore them out. People forget that his anti-freedom agenda was temporarily halted by the Supreme Court and others.

wizardwatson
05-06-2015, 02:09 PM

Don't think anyone's interested in looking at the problem as it is, Smitty. Much less coming up with strategic solutions.

Too busy trying to figure out who the bad guys are.

Munching, munching, munching away at the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Smitty
05-06-2015, 02:13 PM
But certain generations are more malleable than others. At least, large swaths of the Greatest Generation fought FDR tooth and nail until he finally wore them out. People forget that his anti-freedom agenda was temporarily halted by the Supreme Court and others.

That's one way of looking at it. But another is to acknowledge that FDR used deception to involve the entire American greatest generation in a world war.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 02:18 PM
For one, grabbed back the 4th estate. I don't even think you could call that journalism.

It's not, it has strictly been primarily entertainment (bread and circuses) for some decades now. I know of no Boomers who wished for nor created that. Which newspapers, news magazines, radio and TV networks do you think we Boomers owned or controlled?

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 02:23 PM

Generations don't configure the world they live in. The elite do. Agreed! For me 1913 was the country goes to hell year. We've yet to recover. Two more Communist Manifesto planks implemented. Central bank and income tax.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 02:26 PM
I agree, Baby Bou and his family didn't obey hard enough or quickly enough. A bazillion horror stories daily, world wide. :( :mad: Beam me up, Scotty.

fisharmor
05-06-2015, 02:28 PM
Don't think anyone's interested in looking at the problem as it is, Smitty. Much less coming up with strategic solutions.
I don't know how much rep I have to give out, but I'm like 4 behind with you now.

You other guys can talk about which president killed liberty until you're blue in the face, and all it's going to get you is a blue face.
The first step in solving this problem is the realization that the solution to this problem does not exist in the history you were allowed to learn by the state which is causing the problems we're trying to solve.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 02:32 PM

We (you and I) have VASTLY different understandings of 1930 - 1950 US history.

Mach
05-06-2015, 02:33 PM

You make your own bed, you sleep in it......

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 02:35 PM
I don't know how much rep I have to give out, but I'm like 4 behind with you now.

You other guys can talk about which president killed liberty until you're blue in the face, and all it's going to get you is a blue face.
The first step in solving this problem is the realization that the solution to this problem does not exist in the history you were allowed to learn by the state which is causing the problems we're trying to solve.

"Those who do not learn from history, are condemned to repeat it."

"Taking the State wherever found, striking into its history at any point, one sees no way to differentiate the activities of its founders, administrators and beneficiaries from those of a professional-criminal class." -- Albert Jay Nock

Acala
05-06-2015, 02:36 PM
It's not, it has strictly been primarily entertainment (bread and circuses) for some decades now. I know of no Boomers who wished for nor created that. Which newspapers, news magazines, radio and TV networks do you think we Boomers owned or controlled?

Yup.

The internet and the personal computer were bequeathed to y'all by boomers. And most of you young punks don't know this, but American beer SUCKED until the boomers unleashed the microbrewery. You have no idea how bad it was. And those of you whom enjoy smoking the herb should thank your boomer ancestors because the shite that people were smoking in the 50's would make you retch. I could go on . . .

edit: and don't forget that enjoying pre-marital sex pre-boomer was an epic battle. Now you little twirps live in orgyland. Thank the boomers.

AuH20
05-06-2015, 02:40 PM
A little known fact.....The Supreme Court actually stopped this demonic fucker and protected the U.S. Constitution (imagine that?).

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/when-franklin-roosevelt-clashed-with-the-supreme-court-and-lost-78497994/?no-ist

Over the ensuing three years, the cavalcade of alphabet agencies had continued: SEC (the Securities and Exchange Commission); REA (the Rural Electrification Administration) and a good many more. The NYA (National Youth Administration) had permitted college students, such as the future playwright Arthur Miller, to work their way through college. The WPA(Works Progress Administration) had sustained millions of Americans, including artists such as Jackson Pollock and writers such as John Cheever. In a second burst of legislation in 1935, Roosevelt had introduced the welfare state to the nation with the Social Security Act, legislating old-age pensions and unemployment insurance. During the 1936 campaign, the president’s motorcade, mobbed by well-wishers wherever he traveled, had to inch along the streets in towns and cities across the nation. His landslide victory that year signified the people’s verdict on the New Deal. Franklin D. Roosevelt, wrote Arthur Krock, the chief Washington correspondent for the New York Times, had gotten “the most overwhelming testimonial of approval ever received by a national candidate in the history of the nation.”

The election-night jubilation was tempered, however, by an inescapable fear—that the U.S. Supreme Court might undo Roosevelt’s accomplishments. From the outset of his presidency, FDR had known that four of the justices—Pierce Butler, James McReynolds, George Sutherland and Willis Van Devanter—would vote to invalidate almost all of the New Deal. They were referred to in the press as “the Four Horsemen,” after the allegorical figures of the Apocalypse associated with death and destruction. In the spring of 1935, a fifth justice, Hoover-appointee Owen Roberts—at 60 the youngest man on the Supreme Court—began casting his swing vote with them to create a conservative majority.

During the next year, these five judges, occasionally in concert with others, especially Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes, struck down more significant acts of Congress—including the two foundation stones, the NRA and the AAA, of Roosevelt’s program—than at any other time in the nation’s history, before or since. In May 1935, the court destroyed FDR’s plan for industrial recovery when, in a unanimous decision involving a kosher poultry business in Brooklyn, it shot down the blue eagle. Little more than seven months later, in a 6 to 3 ruling, it annihilated his farm program by determining that the Agricultural Adjustment Act was unconstitutional. Most of the federal government’s authority over the economy derived from a clause in the Constitution empowering Congress to regulate interstate commerce, but the court construed the clause so narrowly that in another case that next spring, it ruled that not even so vast an industry as coal mining fell within the commerce power.

These decisions drew biting criticism, from inside and outside the court. Justice Harlan Fiske Stone, a Republican who had been Calvin Coolidge’s attorney general, denounced Roberts’ opinion striking down the farm law as a “tortured construction of the Constitution.” Many farmers were incensed. On the night following Roberts’ opinion, a passerby in Ames, Iowa, discovered life-size effigies of the six majority opinion justices hanged by the side of a road.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 02:44 PM
You make your own bed, you sleep in it...... I do, but I don't make it.

Acala
05-06-2015, 02:48 PM
A little known fact.....The Supreme Court actually stopped this demonic fucker and protected the U.S. Constitution (imagine that?).

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/when-franklin-roosevelt-clashed-with-the-supreme-court-and-lost-78497994/?no-ist

And that was about the last hurrah for the SCOTUS acting as a limitation on Federal power.

AuH20
05-06-2015, 02:49 PM
And that was about the last hurrah for the SCOTUS acting as a limitation on Federal power.

Yup. That's all she wrote. The final act of defiance so to speak.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 02:49 PM
BTW, just for the record and for clarification purposes, I consider the Post WWII Baby Boom birth years to be, 1946-1964.

(That makes POTUS Barry a Boomer too. :p )

wizardwatson
05-06-2015, 02:56 PM

But talking until you're blue in the face is what most people "want" to do. There is a misconception that because someone is part of this or any other movement that they are in fact concerned with the movements goals rather than being part of it.

I hate Rothbard's philosophy of rights, but he is intelligent (what makes his philosophy so dangerous) and made some very good points about "strategy vs. theory". This is from the last chapter of Ethics of Liberty. I've posted this on RPF before, more than once.

It might be thought that the libertarian, the person committed to the
"natural system of liberty" (in Adam Smith's phrase), almost by definition
holds the goal of liberty as his highest political end. But this is often not
true; for many libertarians, the desire for self-expression, or for bearing
witness to the truth of the excellence of liberty, frequently takes precedence
over the goal of the triumph of liberty in the real world.

Sad but true. And it's not something unique to this movement. That's why doing nothing but participating in "elections" is really all we do. Many over the years tried to organize in a more concrete way, but nothing really panned out. We got Rand, that's something I guess. Just feel like we should've had more after 8 years in the way of political organization, but it doesn't seem like we "reproduced". We rallied but we didn't grow. And the rally has died down considerably.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 03:03 PM
"If you take care of the means, the ends tend to take care of themselves."

"The end does NOT justify the means!!!"

Henry Rogue
05-06-2015, 03:08 PM
I couldn't have said it better. All else detracts from the core problem and the right solutions.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Again the purpose and job description of the police is LAW ENFORCEMENT, plain and simple. That's why they are called LEOs. Usually they do, and some, sometimes do not.

You can talk "protect and serve" until the cows come home, but the reality does not change.

otherone
05-06-2015, 05:36 PM
CAN WE PLEASE JUST OBJECTIVELY INVESTIGATE OFFICERS SUSPECTED OF OVERSTEPPING THEIR AUTHORITY?

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 05:44 PM
CAN WE PLEASE JUST OBJECTIVELY INVESTIGATE OFFICERS SUSPECTED OF OVERSTEPPING THEIR AUTHORITY?

What will be the budgetary impact of that effort?

otherone
05-06-2015, 05:50 PM

less than rebuilding a city.

Ronin Truth
05-06-2015, 05:53 PM
less than rebuilding a city. More than shoot on sight.

juleswin
05-06-2015, 05:56 PM
Again the purpose and job description of the police is LAW ENFORCEMENT, plain and simple. That's why they are called LEOs. Usually they do, and some, sometimes do not.

You can talk "protect and serve" until the cows come home, but the reality does not change.

The law? does that include the law of the land aka the constitution? You know the one they all swore an oath to uphold

I think you forgot to put a smiley face at the end of that joke. You are very welcome

idiom
05-06-2015, 05:58 PM
If the railroad owners keep tying people to the tracks in front of the train, is it still the fault of the person getting hit by the train?

Origanalist
05-06-2015, 06:03 PM
The Millennials are here to save us! [sarc] In all seriousness, at some point one of these future generations will have to snap back violently like a rubber band so as to return us to equilibrium.

Wake me up if you see that's about to happen will you? Thanks.

PierzStyx
05-06-2015, 06:26 PM

The police love riots. It is how they justify their militarization. "Look at these crazy ******s! Give me a tank so I can protect you from these crazy, angry, ******s!" Violence begets violence. The police state knows this, and since they have the shiny badges and get called "heroes" in the media, they can paint themselevs as the good guy striking back! Which only excarbates the problem, making people more angry, more violent, but perhaps that is the point.

JK/SEA
05-06-2015, 06:27 PM
If the railroad owners keep tying people to the tracks in front of the train, is it still the fault of the person getting hit by the train?

yes, because those people were thugs and stuff like that. Probably were wearing hoodies and talked funny...

Christopher A. Brown
05-06-2015, 07:07 PM

Notice that ronin is not accountable no matter how few words are required.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?473357-Dynamic-Threats-To-Constitutional-Government-solution&p=5858957#post5858957

wizardwatson
05-06-2015, 07:10 PM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?473357-Dynamic-Threats-To-Constitutional-Government-solution&p=5858957#post5858957

My current theory is that he's a high level Mason.

So not much hope for that to change.

Mach
05-06-2015, 11:20 PM
Yup.

The internet and the personal computer were bequeathed to y'all by boomers. And most of you young punks don't know this, but American beer SUCKED until the boomers unleashed the microbrewery. You have no idea how bad it was. And those of you whom enjoy smoking the herb should thank your boomer ancestors because the shite that people were smoking in the 50's would make you retch. I could go on . . .

edit: and don't forget that enjoying pre-marital sex pre-boomer was an epic battle. Now you little twirps live in orgyland. Thank the boomers.

Weed, Beer and SEX..... uhhhh thanks.

Couldn't help it. :D

kcchiefs6465
05-06-2015, 11:48 PM
A ridiculous article. Presence highlighted it on the second post, Acala explained in short detail the fallacies within Walter Williams' premise shortly after. Disappointing article.

As disappointing as reading the probable state pension drawing tapeworms' explanations and justifications, simplistic as they may be.

"Don't run." (Romans 13 nonsense) I'd assume you've never been robbed by a particular class of gangbanger. Absent the routine robberies you wait for and lick up.

BUTSRSLY
05-07-2015, 02:15 AM
Before we examine the issue of police shootings of blacks

DEFINE BLACK

PaulConventionWV
05-07-2015, 02:28 AM
I very often agree with Walter. This time too, BTW. Giving the guys with the guns a hard time, is hardly ever a really good or intelligent idea.

Not putting up with this shit anymore might not be a good idea, but I certainly wouldn't blame anyone because there's a point at which putting up with your rapist after so many promises that you would get your justice later just doesn't cut it anymore. How long do we stand for this? How long do we keep putting up with this shit just because it's beneficial to your survival. What kind of life do you really have if your only goal is to survive the oppression of others, to get through. It's degrading and furthermore--not that I would expect you to understand this, RT, but--it's beneath some people.

PaulConventionWV
05-07-2015, 02:40 AM

Actually, yes. AF, you out there?

PaulConventionWV
05-07-2015, 02:40 AM

cindy25
05-07-2015, 02:41 AM
its neither. the problem is not racial, but an attitude problem on the part of the police (zero tolerance, militarization) police are different today than they were in the 70s. even simple things such as traffic tickets and leash laws. how many dogs were murdered by police ? this never happened in the 70s/80s.

fisharmor
05-07-2015, 07:10 AM
The law? does that include the law of the land aka the constitution? You know the one they all swore an oath to uphold

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Whooooooo... That right there was a good one.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and estimate that 10% of the law enforcement officers in the US know there is a place called Nuremberg where there were some trials at one point (either that, or Nuremberg was some joo who got caught doing something and it went to trial).

I'm gonna go out on a limb and estimate that half of a percent of them know that there are principles that arose from that trial, and further, that there is a subset of that half of a percent who know what principle #4 says....

...and the last limb I'm going out on in this post is that all of that tiny subset erroneously believe that Oathkeepers can get the other >99% of their brothers in arms up to speed on all of that.

Ronin Truth
05-07-2015, 07:39 AM

State constitutions? I don't think that local cops swear an oath to the US CONstitution. Enforcement is not on the table, jurisdictional issues. But I really do not know.

I think you forgot to put a smiley face at the end of that joke. You are very welcome

No smiley, not a joke, nor kidding.

Ronin Truth
05-07-2015, 07:46 AM

Only if they are Jewish and in 30s-40s Germany.

Ronin Truth
05-07-2015, 07:53 AM

A giant leap of illogic.

Answered.

//

juleswin
05-07-2015, 07:54 AM
State constitutions? I don't think that local cops swear an oath to the US CONstitution. Enforcement is not on the table, jurisdictional issues. But I really do not know.

No smiley, not a joke, nor kidding.

From the Maryland state constitution

Art. 2. The Constitution of the United States, and the Laws made, or which shall be made, in pursuance thereof, and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, are, and shall be the Supreme Law of the State; and the Judges of this State, and all the People of this State, are, and shall be bound thereby; anything in the Constitution or Law of this State to the contrary notwithstanding.

http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/43const/html/00dec.html

Oops, it seems like the state constitution yields authority to the US CONstitution. And yes, even local police take an Oath to the US CONstitution. I can't wait to see how you will try to wiggle your way out of this and make even more grand excuses for the cops. But hey, go ahead and try, I like surprises.

Ronin Truth
05-07-2015, 07:58 AM
My current theory is that he's a high level Mason.

Current theory AND Masonry, both suck.

So not much hope for that to change.

Hope springs eternal (often to no avail).
//

Ronin Truth
05-07-2015, 08:01 AM
DEFINE BLACK

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=black+definition+race&gbv=2&oq=black+definition&gs_l=heirloom-hp.1.5.0l7.56613485.56636750.0.56646328.16.10.0.6. 6.0.250.1891.0j3j6.9.0.msedr...0...1ac.1.34.heirlo om-hp..1.15.2094.IqshsQV3axo

nobody's_hero
05-07-2015, 08:08 AM

I +repped u for that because I'm seeing a lot of cases where people here strain to try to determine who is the good guy and who is the bad guy and it's quite possible that life isn't so cut and dry 100% of the time.

Ronin Truth
05-07-2015, 08:10 AM
its neither. the problem is not racial, but an attitude problem on the part of the police (zero tolerance, militarization) police are different today than they were in the 70s. even simple things such as traffic tickets and leash laws. how many dogs were murdered by police ? this never happened in the 70s/80s.

Ronin Truth
05-07-2015, 08:13 AM
I +repped u for that because I'm seeing a lot of cases where people here strain to try to determine who is the good guy and who is the bad guy and it's quite possible that life isn't so cut and dry 100% of the time.

And maybe sometimes not even 50% of the time. ;) Thanks for the Rep! :)

paleocon1
05-07-2015, 03:02 PM
Cops by definition are criminals.

Sooooo that's how you excuse the burning and looting of hundreds of businesses in Baltimore, eh.

paleocon1
05-07-2015, 03:12 PM

I question why race correlation is necessary to make their argument about crime ..................

Perhaps simply to counter balance the Left's fanatic drive to hide the Reality of the disportionate level of criminality among blacks as opposed to the rest of america.

Anti Federalist
05-07-2015, 03:51 PM

Well, every single person executed, grenaded, or shot in a "No Knock" raid, where there is is no time to comply with anything.

One of the most recent and worst cases is the one in SC where the cop pulls his gun on a man, orders him to show his ID, the man reaches into the truck to comply and the cop shoots him.

Mach
05-08-2015, 01:45 AM

I agree, anyone that goes 100% with either side has an agenda or is floating their own boat, nothing in life is 100%, except for, that nothing is 100%. :confused: :rolleyes:

Ronin Truth
05-08-2015, 08:09 AM
Perhaps I should have just emphasized the 'the' in the thread title, for clarification purposes. <shrug>

JK/SEA
05-08-2015, 09:29 AM
Sooooo that's how you excuse the burning and looting of hundreds of businesses in Baltimore, eh.

i don't excuse it, but i understand it.

tod evans
05-08-2015, 09:47 AM
"Black" neighborhoods must be the problem........

How about forced integration?

Bussing?

Oh, already tried that eh?

Just a little more money and a few more laws and government will "fix" this too.......:rolleyes:

RonPaul4Prez2012
05-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Its Cultural Marxism that is the issue. Liberals have destroyed this country.

paleocon1
05-08-2015, 11:25 AM
i don't excuse it, but i understand it.

Your 'understanding' amounts to enabling. You may as well be throwing rocks with the thugs.

wizardwatson
05-08-2015, 11:30 AM
Your 'understanding' amounts to enabling. You may as well be throwing rocks with the thugs.

How do we know those business are "worthy" of our defense?

You started a thread entitled "A cop shooting victim WORTHY of being defended by the right" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?474310-A-cop-shooting-victim-worthy-of-being-defended-by-the-Right)

So you are willing to wait for a story whose facts show that the person deserves to be defended before we look at the corruptness of the officers involved.

So by that rationale, shouldn't we withhold judgement on the looters until the facts show that the looted business in question deserves to be protected?

paleocon1
05-08-2015, 11:37 AM
How do we know those business are "worthy" of our defense?

Sorry sport-Burden is on you and your rioting 'homies to PROVE the business were a clear and present danger to you and the 'homies..

JK/SEA
05-08-2015, 11:39 AM

waay off base.

I've managed to retain my humanity, and empathy genes. Perhaps you don't have that ability.

As an aside. I would rather defend my own shit the way i see fit. Break into my house while i'm sleeping there is a good chance i'd empty my mag that night...

wizardwatson
05-08-2015, 11:42 AM
Sorry sport-Burden is on you and your rioting 'homies to PROVE the business were a clear and present danger to you and the 'homies..

So I can't just post news articles and make moral judgements without knowing all the facts?

JK/SEA
05-08-2015, 11:43 AM

wow..thats tellin'em bunky...the Wiz is a Jedi. You....not so much.

Ronin Truth
05-08-2015, 01:13 PM
So I can't just post news articles and make moral judgements without knowing all the facts?

Sure you can, it's a politics forum. :D

wizardwatson
05-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Sure you can, it's a politics forum. :D

More like group therapy for the politically desperate, but I suppose. ;)

Ronin Truth
05-08-2015, 01:29 PM
More like group therapy for the politically desperate, but I suppose. ;)

It tends to keep some of us out of the honky-tonks for at least part of the day. :D

paleocon1
05-08-2015, 04:05 PM
wow..thats tellin'em bunky...the Wiz is a Jedi. You....not so much.

what is it with the DU like cadre here and the support of arson/riot/looting? Do you REALLY feel that Liberty and Thuggery are the same thing? Probably don't like to be told to not drive 80mph down a residential street either do ya.

paleocon1
05-08-2015, 04:07 PM
waay off base.

spot on in your case also I expect

wizardwatson
05-08-2015, 04:17 PM
what is it with the DU like cadre here and the support of arson/riot/looting? Do you REALLY feel that Liberty and Thuggery are the same thing? Probably don't like to be told to not drive 80mph down a residential street either do ya.

What's with the "in any conflict one side must be morally good and the other bad" mentality?

That's what I have a problem with. It isn't just you.

Did you know it's possible for both sides in a conflict scenario to be morally wrong?

otherone
05-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Perhaps simply to counter balance the Left's fanatic drive to hide the Reality of the disportionate level of criminality among blacks as opposed to the rest of america.

Do you wish to hold the entire race accountable for the actions of the criminals? Or just the criminals? If just the criminals, what purpose is served by focusing on race?

GunnyFreedom
05-08-2015, 04:33 PM

I don't understand this mentality that says "If the police are in the wrong, that must necessarily make looting good." I abandoned that kind of simplistic thinking by the time I was 3 years old.

Ronin Truth
05-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Do you wish to hold the entire race accountable for the actions of the criminals? Or just the criminals? If just the criminals, what's purpose is served by focusing on race?

It's not PC (YAY!), but profiling often really does work.

otherone
05-08-2015, 05:27 PM
profiling often really does work.

Young people should be pulled over because they might be stoned/drunk?

GunnyFreedom
05-08-2015, 05:37 PM

Boomers should be arrested for bribing politicians. :p

tod evans
05-08-2015, 07:24 PM

More people my age are stoned or drunk than kids, we just drive nicer cars and look more respectable.......

Ronin Truth
05-08-2015, 07:39 PM

If you find a murdered black person the odds are very good that the killer was black.

If you find a murdered white person the odds are very good that the killer was white.

Ronin Truth
05-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Boomers should be arrested for bribing politicians. :p

If you find a bribed politician the odds are very good that he/she was not bribed by a poor person.

Ronin Truth
05-08-2015, 07:47 PM
If the politician's lips are moving the odds are very good that he/she is lying.

This is not rocket science.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and flies like a duck the odds a really very good that it is in fact a duck.

otherone
05-09-2015, 05:02 AM
If the politician's lips are moving the odds are very good that he/she is lying.

This is not rocket science.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and flies like a duck the odds a really very good that it is in fact a duck.

You are purposefully confusing offender profiling and racial profiling.

Ronin Truth
05-09-2015, 07:05 AM
You are purposefully confusing offender profiling and racial profiling.

No, I am purposefully choosing profiling. Offender, victim, racial, ethnic, etc., whatever, mox nix.

paleocon1
05-09-2015, 07:38 AM
If you find a murdered white person the odds are very good that the killer was white.

Much less so for stranger murders in diverse urban areas.

Ronin Truth
05-09-2015, 08:30 AM
Much less so for stranger murders in diverse urban areas.

Just using and going with the overall FBI crime stats. <shrug>

paleocon1
05-11-2015, 04:18 PM
Just using and going with the overall FBI crime stats. <shrug>

That's fine- just providing a bit of clarification. If you get wacked by a family member (the most likely scenario) its because you chose parents poorly. If you get wacked by a stranger its most likely because you were foolish enough to enter a sketchy neighborhood.

Ronin Truth
05-11-2015, 05:29 PM
That's fine- just providing a bit of clarification. If you get wacked by a family member (the most likely scenario) its because you chose parents poorly. If you get wacked by a stranger its most likely because you were foolish enough to enter a sketchy neighborhood.

Well, coming up on 7 decades I haven't been whacked or had to whack anyone. I must be doing something right. :D