PDA

View Full Version : Fred Reed on Baltimore

Smitty
05-05-2015, 06:45 PM
He talks about people similar to the whackadoodle element that hangs out here.

Good, reasonable read.

http://www.fredoneverything.net/Ballmer.shtml

muh_roads
05-05-2015, 07:06 PM
I've heard Fred Reed was the racist ghostwriter that stuck Ron Paul with all the blame in his old political report newsletter.

Smitty
05-05-2015, 07:08 PM
I heard it was a clandestine liberal who wanted to thwart his political ambitions,....just like the clandestine liberals who have contaminated this forum.

heavenlyboy34
05-05-2015, 07:26 PM
I've heard Fred Reed was the racist ghostwriter that stuck Ron Paul with all the blame in his old political report newsletter.

Rumors still abound about that. Some think it was Lew Rockwell. I never read them, so have no idea what the style is like. /no educated guess possible

AuH20
05-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Fred is right, but I would hate to paint rural blacks with the same brush frequently utilized against inner city blacks. Some suburban & rural blacks hate the inner city virus more than the Aryans. LOL

Smitty
05-05-2015, 07:30 PM
The article isn't about blacks.

It's about the people who loot, riot, and destroy the personal property of others.

Smitty
05-05-2015, 07:34 PM
If the people who are engaging in that behavior happen to predominantly be black,...well,...it is what it is.

The situation and the opinion would be the same if they were all Polynesian.

r3volution 3.0
05-05-2015, 07:49 PM

Don't know whether Reed wrote them, but I read them, and I never did find anything racist.

The media mostly took comments out of context, and even presented in that way they weren't too bad.

muh_roads
05-05-2015, 08:20 PM
Don't know whether Reed wrote them, but I read them, and I never did find anything racist.

The media mostly took comments out of context, and even presented in that way they weren't too bad.

I'd need to read them again. I don't think it said "negro" but it referred to blacks and the town of "welfaria" or something that they like to belong to...lol

The cut of the jib sounded like a perfect match for Fred Reed's own style according to others. He was a writer for them at the time. It didn't sound like Lew at all.

Whoever it was, they are a piece of crap for making Ron take the heat and not come forward. I'm still bitter about it...heh.

fisharmor
05-05-2015, 08:33 PM
There are so many uncharacteristic typos in this piece that Fred himself must have had a ghostwriter.

Smitty
05-05-2015, 08:38 PM
I excuse Fred's typos these days. He's pretty much blind.

Anti Federalist
05-06-2015, 04:08 AM
He talks about people similar to the whackadoodle element that hangs out here.

Good, reasonable read.

http://www.fredoneverything.net/Ballmer.shtml

You mean whackadoodles that suggest that cops should not have carte blanche power to beat, kill, maim and railroad people into prison, even if some of these people might be unsavory types?

And that further suggest that after doing that for years and years and years, that riots, while not exactly condoned are understood?

Christian Liberty
05-06-2015, 07:43 AM
You mean whackadoodles that suggest that cops should not have carte blanche power to beat, kill, maim and railroad people into prison, even if some of these people might be unsavory types?

And that further suggest that after doing that for years and years and years, that riots, while not exactly condoned are understood?

I put it this way to a friend who is also quite libertarian.

I don't condone riots directed against private businesses. But, I lose a lot more sleep over "officers of the law" breaking [just] laws than I do about random people that aren't really condoned by the system breaking [just] laws.

fisharmor
05-06-2015, 08:42 AM
burned-out business will not return to be burned again. The city will thus have fewer jobs, fewer amenities, and no pharmacy, as they sacked and torched their CVS outlet. The Chorale will attribute this withdrawal to racism, slavery, oppression, White Privilege, and microaggressions. What else could account for not wanting one’s store burned?

In particular, blacks, having burned their pharmacy, will complain that it isn’t there. They will not see a connection between its burning it and its not-thereness. The Chorale will not see in this behavior low intelligence, short time-horizons, and inability to control impulses or to foresee consequences. No. It is the ineradicable racism of whites that makes a burned pharmacy not be there.

The thing Fred seems to miss here is that when the CVS gets burned down, this is the equivalent of salting the earth, as far as the tax farm is concerned. The farm's owners and managers don't like this, and have to acquiesce to the demands of those holding the torches, if they want the farm to run smoothly.

"Blacks" may not realize that this is happening, but it's happening. There is literally no other way to explain why the six officers got charged. Hell, we get three news stories per news cycle about police aggression, if the half hour spent at my boob-tube-fed parents' house last week is any indication... and literally no other cases involve officers getting even a slap on the wrist reprimand.

If it works irrespective of anyone actually understanding it, then that doesn't change the fact that it works.
Would I rather they undertake the destruction of the tax farm in a more systematic manner, and for its own sake? Of course!
But I'm not going to overlook the fact that it did actually make a difference, even in its slapdash, aggressive execution.

Anti Federalist
05-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Squeaky wheel gets the greasin'.

The thing Fred seems to miss here is that when the CVS gets burned down, this is the equivalent of salting the earth, as far as the tax farm is concerned. The farm's owners and managers don't like this, and have to acquiesce to the demands of those holding the torches, if they want the farm to run smoothly.

"Blacks" may not realize that this is happening, but it's happening. There is literally no other way to explain why the six officers got charged. Hell, we get three news stories per news cycle about police aggression, if the half hour spent at my boob-tube-fed parents' house last week is any indication... and literally no other cases involve officers getting even a slap on the wrist reprimand.

If it works irrespective of anyone actually understanding it, then that doesn't change the fact that it works.
Would I rather they undertake the destruction of the tax farm in a more systematic manner, and for its own sake? Of course!
But I'm not going to overlook the fact that it did actually make a difference, even in its slapdash, aggressive execution.