PDA

View Full Version : NBC/WSJ Poll: Rand tied for 4th at 11%

Brett85
05-05-2015, 08:15 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/A_Politics/SECTION_More_Politics/V215179%20NBC-WSJ%20APRIL%20Poll%20(2).pdf

Bush 23%
Rubio: 18%
Walker: 14%
Paul: 11%
Cruz: 11%
Carson: 7%
Huckabee: 5%
Christie: 5%
Perry: 2%
Fiorina: 1%

Brett85
05-05-2015, 08:16 AM
Good news IMO. Right where Rand wants to be at this point. In double digits but not the front runner, so he shouldn't receive as many attacks as he would if he were the front runner.

Brett85
05-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Rand also does better in a general election match up with Hillary than any other Republican.

IndianaPolitico
05-05-2015, 08:26 AM
The general election results from this poll are even better.

Clinton: 49
Bush: 43

Clinton: 50
Walker: 40

Rubio: 43

Clinton: 47
Paul: 44

r3volution 3.0
05-05-2015, 08:49 AM
Rand also does better in a general election match up with Hillary than any other Republican.

Indeed.

I just watched Fox cover this poll. For the Hillary match-ups, they showed the results for Bush and Rubio (both Hillary +6).

Curiously, no mention of Rand (Hillary +3).

...I'm sure it was just an honest oversight on the part of these reputable journalists.

Brett85
05-05-2015, 08:51 AM
Indeed.

I just watched Fox cover this poll. For the Hillary match-ups, they showed the results for Bush and Rubio (both Hillary +6).

...I'm sure it was just an honest oversight on the part of these reputable journalists.

Yeah, it seems like it's going to be no different than 2008 and 2012 as far as the media blackout is concerned, especially on Fox News. It's going to be up to us to work hard enough to overcome that.

alucard13mm
05-05-2015, 08:56 AM
Of course rand is still a bad guy to some here.. even though he will or starting to get the ron paul treatment from media. Neocons hate rand. Hillary people hate rand.

but nope, rand is a bad guy too, even if he is hated by our enemies.

Brett85
05-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Indeed.

Does anyone have a youtube of this Fox News segment? We shouldn't just take this stuff lying down anymore. We should all send an email to Fox News to express our disgust for them doing this, or get a video clip of this segment and send it to other news sources, and perhaps the mistreatment of Rand by Fox News would be covered by their rival networks.

hells_unicorn
05-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Of course rand is still a bad guy to some here.. even though he will or starting to get the ron paul treatment from media. Neocons hate rand. Hillary people hate rand.

but nope, rand is a bad guy too, even if he is hated by our enemies.

Rand is seen by a bad guy by some here because his rhetoric is a bit more tempered, and also because he is more of an outspoken Christian conservative than his father. Essentially, he is hated by certain purists for the same reason that most progressives don't like him, hence why I have grown wary of some of our supposed fellow liberty supporters.

Arpmoog
05-05-2015, 02:16 PM
I think its suspicious that a nbc left wing poll has Bush getting the most support.

Brett85
05-05-2015, 03:05 PM
If anyone wonders how well advocating reducing legal immigration plays with voters, consider that Walker is now down to 14% in the Republican primary and polls the worst against Hillary Clinton in a general election match up, losing to her by 10%.

eleganz
05-05-2015, 03:16 PM
Now that Carson and Huckabee are in the race, it'll diminish Cruz, I'm a happy camper.

eleganz
05-05-2015, 03:17 PM
I think its suspicious that a nbc left wing poll has Bush getting the most support.

Don't be so naive, just because its NBC or FOX doesn't mean they don't contract polling jobs to reputable firms, the boogie man isn't always out to get us.

randomname
05-05-2015, 03:21 PM
Now that Carson and Huckabee are in the race, it'll diminish Cruz, I'm a happy camper.

to be fair, they diminish Paul as well

eleganz
05-05-2015, 03:28 PM
to be fair, they diminish Paul as well

Cruz made his play strictly for the Christian vote, he is banking on them to be relevant. Even though Rand needs some Christian support to win, we know he is a broad tent candidate. Cruz' strategy is to siphon Rand's base so the more damage Cruz faces, the better for us.

wizardwatson
05-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Cruz made his play strictly for the Christian vote, he is banking on them to be relevant. Even though Rand needs some Christian support to win, we know he is a broad tent candidate. Cruz' strategy is to siphon Rand's base so the more damage Cruz faces, the better for us.

Rand will not get the Evangelical vote easily. Huckabee is the darling of the evangelicals. He just jumped in today as I understand and immediately pressed his lips firmly against Israel's backside.

For Rand to out-pander the evangelicals against the likes of Cruz/Santorum/Huckabee would require a level of religious pandering that would induce seizures in his secular base.

eleganz
05-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Rand will not get the Evangelical vote easily. Huckabee is the darling of the evangelicals. He just jumped in today as I understand and immediately pressed his lips firmly against Israel's backside.

For Rand to out-pander the evangelicals against the likes of Cruz/Santorum/Huckabee would require a level of religious pandering that would induce seizures in his secular base.

I think you read my post incorrectly but you still made a good point.

r3volution 3.0
05-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Does anyone have a youtube of this Fox News segment? We shouldn't just take this stuff lying down anymore. We should all send an email to Fox News to express our disgust for them doing this, or get a video clip of this segment and send it to other news sources, and perhaps the mistreatment of Rand by Fox News would be covered by their rival networks.

Just saw another blatant example, either at the start of Special Report or the end of whatever comes before it, wasn't paying attention (I often keep Fox on in the background). It was a segment on Huckabee and his chances. They noted how Huckabee was in 8th place in the national polls, and showed a graphic listing 1st, 2nd, 3rd....and 8th. Funny how they cut it off at 3rd, since Rand just happens to be in a (very close) 4th. Then they mentioned how Huckabee would be fighting for the socon vote with other candidates - mentioning 3 or 4 others (Santorum, Cruz...Bush? I forget), but not Rand.

And yes, I too would like to see these clips gathered together.

dumbdumb
05-05-2015, 05:03 PM

(not you in particular) but it seems so many people here forget that over 80% of the population considers themselves Christian and that THEY as the non religious are the minority by a HUGE margin.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-05-2015, 07:20 PM
I just saw a different question in the poll aired by Megyn Kelly. I believe it was this one. I'm pretty irritated at Rubio's rise to the top. Don't understand it at all. :mad:

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OG-AE386_201505_G_20150504175143.jpg

RickyJ
05-05-2015, 07:37 PM
Fiorina: 1%

I was just curious why the only woman running on the Republican side for president is only polling at 1 percent? Is it name recognition or something else?

AuH20
05-05-2015, 07:40 PM
I just saw a different question in the poll aired by Megyn Kelly. I believe it was this one. I'm pretty irritated at Rubio's rise to the top. Don't understand it at all. :mad:

Rubio? Bush? That can't be right.

hells_unicorn
05-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Rubio? Bush? That can't be right.

It's Fox News, the only thing that doesn't look right is Rand Paul being at almost 60%, he should be down around Fiorina's level by the way they cover things.

devil21
05-05-2015, 09:38 PM

You mean to tell me that the War Street Journal says that "New American Century" (PNAC) candidate Rubio is the one? No way! /s

I only read these poll threads just to laugh. Every media outlet will fight tooth and nail to avoid reporting Rand ever leading a poll until they have absolutely no choice.

randomname
05-06-2015, 01:16 AM

Huckabee will rise from where he is as well...

adelina
05-06-2015, 01:49 AM

Who you "could see supporting" is not the same as "will be voting for", it's a very loaded question. One reason why Rand's numbers are not higher is because a number of Republicans still don't think he will win the nomination, so they don't envision a possible scenario where they will be supporting him. Whereas at this point in time, Rubio and Bush are perceived to be the frontrunners for the nomination.

05-06-2015, 04:47 AM
The general election results from this poll are even better.

Bush: 43

Clinton: 50
Walker: 40

Rubio: 43

Clinton: 47
Paul: 44
How do these numbers make any sense if Rand is behind Bush/Walker/Rubio?

adelina
05-06-2015, 07:01 AM
Rand is behind those guys in a poll of registered Republicans only. The head to head polls against Clinton include independents and Dems.

Brett85
05-06-2015, 07:06 AM
I was just curious why the only woman running on the Republican side for president is only polling at 1 percent? Is it name recognition or something else?

Part of it is name recognition, and she's also likely the most liberal candidate running, as she supports gay marriage and is moderately pro choice on abortion.

randomname
05-06-2015, 11:49 AM

Rand does best among independents, not so well among republicans.

anaconda
05-06-2015, 05:51 PM
This Rubio thing baffles me.

CPUd
05-06-2015, 06:02 PM
This Rubio thing baffles me.

He's the Latino the 'secular' rank and file feel safe supporting, because they see Cruz as RWNJ.

Anti Federalist
05-06-2015, 06:12 PM

Which is why the Stupid party will be sure to nominate Bush

Liberty74
05-06-2015, 07:53 PM
Rand is behind those guys in a poll of registered Republicans only. The head to head polls against Clinton include independents and Dems.

Who cares really? The Republican nomination WILL BE WON with Republican voters. Dear god, did any of you learn anything the last go around?

I don't get why Bush is the top dog (WTF!!!) but Rubio just got a load of free publicity with his announcement. He will fade...and someone else will rise, or maybe a few others. At least Rand is polling better than Ron at this point who was around 3%.

Liberty74
05-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Which is why the Stupid party will be sure to nominate Bush

The only way that stupid party nominates Bush is if the media tells them to just like they told them to nominate Romney. If the media was left out of the entire political process, Ron would be our President. The minute Ron rose to the top spot in Iowa back in Dec 2011, all hell broke lose and the establishment lap dogs on Fox and all the so called limited government conservatives on talk radio launched a nuclear attack against Ron. Hopefully Rand is wiser and I think rhetorically and politically he is ready.

randomname
05-07-2015, 02:00 AM
Who cares really? The Republican nomination WILL BE WON with Republican voters. Dear god, did any of you learn anything the last go around?

I don't get why Bush is the top dog (WTF!!!) but Rubio just got a load of free publicity with his announcement. He will fade...and someone else will rise, or maybe a few others. At least Rand is polling better than Ron at this point who was around 3%.I hope so, Rubio has always had good polling numbers even before his announcement.

idiom
05-07-2015, 05:25 AM
(not you in particular) but it seems so many people here forget that over 80% of the population considers themselves Christian and that THEY as the non religious are the minority by a HUGE margin.

This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY8mvjYdsyk

Nobody in government *acutally* believes in God, but they all go to church every Sunday.

Hell, most priests and pastors don't believe in God either, but they also show up every Sunday.

Pay someone to tell you they believe in God, and wow, they will say it.