PDA

View Full Version : Call out a LIAR...

Mental Dribble
12-04-2007, 11:24 PM
I think we need to targe the source of infamous "ron Paul bussed in supporters" quote in regards to Pauls win in the VA Straw Poll. Mr. Tucker himself quoted to several reporters such false information and I think we need to set the record straight and let him know this type of slim ball play will not be tolerated.

Here is his contact info. I think we should politely email him and call him and inform him that lieing and fabricating storys about a fellow Republican, or any person for that matter is severly unbecoming of a former GOP District Chair and anyone who wants to be taken seriously. He would not appericate such crap directed towards his guy Allen... BOGUS!!!

ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE HIS INFORMATION PLEASE PM ME. It can be found on Google but I already have it. Lieing to reporters is WRONG and his actions should not go unanswered. Yes, we got a retraction in 8 point font on a back page. The damage has been done.

me3
12-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Please don't post addresses and phone numbers. There are a good number of nutjobs on here who will call him in the middle of the morning and harass him. Why egg them on?

The paper has already corrected itself, get back to campaigning.

These skirmishes do not benefit the war, they just slow down the reinforcements from arriving on time.

Nyte
12-04-2007, 11:46 PM
yeah bad form.... we've moved on...

Remember we need to keep the LOVE in the revolution.

Mental Dribble
12-05-2007, 12:00 AM
I have no love for those who LIE. Especially when that lie hurts my candidate and the freedoms we enjoy in this country,

fortilite
12-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Let's keep writing to IA.

Mental Dribble
12-05-2007, 12:12 AM
I'm working on that stuff too : ) I wont start 20 neative threads like some people do when they get upset. I am just putting the offer out there.

GO RON PAUL!

Mental Dribble
12-05-2007, 01:15 PM
For the sake of Transparency, Honesty and standing behind my words I am posting here my correspondences with Tucker Watkins.

Did I use harsh words? Yes but never once did I lie about Mr. Tucker.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its come to my knowledge that you are sending out a form letter in response to Ron Paul supports who have contacted you about your false allegations of the Official Ron Paul Campaign bring, or as you worded it "brought people in" (as quoted in several printed sources). Since this is how you have responded I'd like to go point for point with your form email.

First, I never said you were bussed in. I didn't see a bus.

Your right, you actually said...
"He brought people in here. What is more critical to look at is who finished second and third. That is a more true indicator of the feelings of the Republican Party of Virginia,"
Which is still a FALSE statement.

However, what I talked about was true and that was that the Paul campaign had an organized effort to get their supporters to come to the advance, something no other campaign did. I received a number of phone calls from them last week. I know the campaign asked their supporters to go and vote and have seen the letters from them encouraging it. To my knowledge,none of the other campaigns did that. I talked to one of the national staff who admitted that the campaign had an organized effort to get people to come.

This again is a twisting of the facts. There was no "organized effort" by the official campaign to turn out voters. They sent two emails one on the 27th informing VA residents of the vote and encouraging them to go and one on the 28th informing them that there would be a hospitality suite with food and drink. Neither of these alone, or together could be constituted as an "organized effort". Further, MRS HUCKABEE herself showed up to this event so I very much doubt that no other campaign informed their supporters of such an event... thats a ridiculous accusation and I'm sure deep in your soul you agree.

For Dr. Paul, it was a great opportunity to get good press coverage and he organized well and got that coverage. At the same time, since no one else made such an effort, my statement about looking to the second or third candidates has merit I believe.

Again, you are talking about something for which you do not know. Did you call each campaign and asked them if they sent out any email blasts? Did you confirm with the Huckabee camp that they simply sent out the Wife of the candidate not informing the voters... so who trip could be wasted? Hardly... once again you open your mouth and untruths come out. How shameful.

I agree on most of Dr. Pauls beliefs but differ greatly with him over one which is why I personally do not support him. This country has been in the business of nation building and actually pretty successfully now for over fifty years. Japan, Germany,South Korea, and Israel are pretty good examples of where this policy has given millions of others the freedoms we love.

For every example you point out, 2 can be brought up that where failures. Its not Americans job nor responsibility to use FORCE to spread our high standards. This should be done through leading, commerce, and diplomatic means. As a member of the Armed Services I took an oath to DEFEND the constitution, NOT TO SPREAD OUR IDEALS THROUGH THE BARREL OF A GUN. Furthermore, Iraq is not about spreading democracy its about getting a foot hold in a foreign land to benefit our needy oily hands. If you love nation building so much Why aren't we in Darfur Nation Building, or helping the poor tortured Monks in Burmese Junta? Right.. exactly... they dont have something that our Big Business and Elected officials want... oil, money and power.

I hope you have great success and continue to be active.

I hardly believe any word that you utter or type. You make this Soldier sad to call you an American.

Tucker Watkins

-----------------------------------------
He Responded
-----------------------------------------

Your last statement is very offensive and this is the last email that I will send you. The name for your blog " Mental Dribble " is the best description of you I can imagine. Your statements just don't make sense and are unworthy of response.

You do not win points nor supporters for Dr. Paul by statements like the one below.

Just to remind you, here is your statement " I hardly believe any word that you utter or type. You make this Soldier sad to call you an American."

I, Mr Mental Dribble, am a proud veteran who served in VietNam with the 101st, a great outfit, and every generation of my family has served in the armed forces of this country in every war since the American Revolution. You know some of the sacrifices my family has made for this country since you did a google search on me . Calling yourself a Soldier to raise yourself up and say you are sad to call me an American is quite unbelieveable and despicable. You have insulted us all.

It was interesting to see on the Ron Paul forum site that you attempted to have people email me in mass. I can tell you by the results that you were a failure. You said you googled me and found out all about me. If that is truly so then I have even less respect for you than I did earlier.

I have very good friends who are some of the top officials of the Paul campaign and they have told me that they do not support abusive actions like your email nor attempts like yours to organize efforts to go after people like me.

You are a very bad example of what I feel to be a group of concerned citizens who are supporting Dr. Paul.

I know you lack the guts to post this reply and your email below to me anywhere. I would suggest that you tell them to google my name and yours and see the difference.

-----------------------------
I responded
-----------------------------

1. "you said you googled me and found out all about me" Sorry, but that is a lie. I said and I quote " It can be found on Google but I already have it" referring to your contact information. Further more, even if I had found out your past Military experience I would not have changed what I wrote. A reputation takes years to build but it can be destroyed in an instant. You made states you claim to be facts without every doing the research to back them up. You did this to forward your own agenda. That is Un-American and yet, it has sadly become the norm with so many politicians... Maybe that is why we are so sick of the status quo... because of people like you.

2. If you "have very good friends who are some of the top officials of the Paul Campaign" then you KNOW YOU LIED by accusing the official campaign of organizing and bring in supporters while stating that other campaigns did nothing of the sort.

3. You have lied about another candidate to help support your own agenda. That is unAmerican unPatriotic and unCivilized. Thats why I said I was sad to call you an American and I will say it to any and everyone who asks.

4. I am a Soldier, I wear my uniform daily and for you to infer otherwise further shows your bias. If you served in Vietnam then you know Nation building and poking around the world where our nose doesn't belong hurts us all. Furthermore, I made no comments regarding your military service or the service of your family (which I have great respect for) so do not respond as If I did.

5. Yes I did post urging others to email you. I also know I am not the only one to do so. Why should your LIES go unanswered. Why is it ok for you to LIE to further your own agenda? A true patriot does not distort the truth to bring others down. They present the truth and let the people decide. And for that reason I WILL post my email to you, your misguided response claiming to be "offended" that I called you on your lie and my final response to you.

Oh, by the way. Thanks for visiting my blog and increasing my hit count.

-------------------------------
I wont be communicating with him any longer but I wanted to put it out there.

Nyte
12-05-2007, 04:57 PM
You were having a nice discussion with him until you started into the personal attacks. When that started, you lost all support you had.

Don't waste time focusing on problems like this. We're winning because we're focusing on the solutions... the message is what's important...

me3
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Hearts and Minds, MD. We don't need more enemies, or people who will speak against Ron Paul and/or his supporters.

Hearts and minds.

Mental Dribble
12-05-2007, 05:04 PM
I may have been harsh, I agree. But hes not anyone we can "win" over. Logic falls dead on his ears. He lied to advance his own cause. That just frustrates me to no end.

Just Come Home
12-05-2007, 05:09 PM
I would say that if you found their email and phone numbers online, then there's no reason NOT to post them in this forum.

Spirit of '76
12-05-2007, 06:09 PM
The guy was wrong about what he said, but you were a jerk to him when he was trying to be polite to you.

Now the guy will work harder than ever against us.

LeadvilleCompuGeek
12-06-2007, 04:10 AM
Just because he behaves in such a manner does not make it any more right that you do as well. You get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

Mortikhi
12-06-2007, 06:45 AM
There are some people here that would take a punch in the gut and return with a 'thank you'.

Its a good think people of their ilk weren't around in the 1700s

Calling people out as liars is the very least we can do to put these people back in line. Emails are too easily deleted, but phone calls and visits to their front porches are much harder to ignore.

Sure, some would see that as harassment. They're the ones that still believe sending an easily deleted email is the way to change the country.

I see it as taking away the media's aura of unaccountability for the lies they spew. What does it matter to them if they lie and skew the truth when they believe themselves to be untouchable? But, if you let them know that their lying doesn't sit well with you, face-to-face, well maybe they will realize that they, just like us, are approachable and are accountable.

Edit: I do think there should be a spot that gives this information, but it should be away from a Ron Paul related website because this affects all Americans.

Mark Rushmore
12-06-2007, 06:50 AM
^^

Spirit of '76
12-06-2007, 10:04 AM
There are some people here that would take a punch in the gut and return with a 'thank you'.

Its a good think people of their ilk weren't around in the 1700s

No, it's just that some of us are smart enough to know when a flanking manuever will win the battle more easily than a bayonet charge.

As I told M.D. in our PM exchange, this campaign could use a little less whoop-ass and a little more Machiavelli.

Learn to serve your revenge cold and with a smile.

Mortikhi
12-06-2007, 10:15 AM
I read nothing more than 'write letters' for how long, yet nothing has changed.

The flanking maneuvers have failed. They have been failing for years. If they had worked, we wouldn't be having this conversation, now would we?

Furthermore, the insinuation that only 'those smart enough' happen to take the position that you're taking is spot on for an elitist. Your 'smart enough' position has gotten us nowhere and will continue to get us nowhere.

Mental Dribble
12-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Come on guys,

I was a bit hot tempered, I still believe what I wrote, but why dont we just let this thing die and move on. I just requested 20 address for letter writing in Iowa.

Spirit of '76
12-06-2007, 10:21 AM
I read nothing more than 'write letters' for how long, yet nothing has changed.

Where did I say anything about writing letters? Nice strawman.

The flanking maneuvers have failed. They have been failing for years. If they had worked, we wouldn't be having this conversation, now would we?

Furthermore, the insinuation that only 'those smart enough' happen to take the position that you're taking is spot on for an elitist. Your 'smart enough' position has gotten us nowhere and will continue to get us nowhere.

We're within 12 delegates of having the highest number of committed delegates of any candidate in this state. If things go according to plan, we can secure the nomination for Ron in WV.

We got there by outflanking the enemy and beating him at his own game. We got there by showing up at his meetings with smiles on our faces and a willingness to shake hands and engage in civil discourse, even as we plan to hand him his ass on election day.

What have YOU accomplished by sending angry emails and threatening to show up on people's front porches if they say something you don't like?

Mortikhi
12-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Where in my post did I refer to YOU as writing letters? Ego...

This is about outright lies, not something in disagreement.

Big difference.

Try here: dictionary.com

Letters and emails don't work. Letting them know what you think in person would be more effective.

maeqFREEDOMfree
12-06-2007, 10:25 AM
your right mental, you can't be rational with someone who's illogical. Let's focus on people who still think openly.

Spirit of '76
12-06-2007, 10:34 AM
This is about outright lies, not something in disagreement.

Big difference.

Try here: dictionary.com

This is politics. The enemy will lie about you.

Get used to it.

I spoke politely with the author of the article that quoted the liar in question, and he amended his online article and the print version issued a correction to indicate that the campaign did not in fact bus in supporters.

But what will sending the liar in question nasty emails and threatening to show up at his house actually accomplish?

Here's what it will accomplish: That guy will now go to the next county GOP meeting and tell everyone there how the crazy Ron Paul supporters published his name and address on their forum and encouraged people to show up at his house to teach him a lesson, thereby reinforcing the notions that they already have about us and ensuring that none of them will ever vote for Ron.

Again, what you fail to understand is that running into the enemy's canons may be brave, but it's stupid if there are alternatives.

I'll say it again:

Less whoop-ass, more Machiavelli. Learn to serve your revenge cold and with a smile.

If somebody gets in your way, go around him. Then come back later and sweep his sorry ass off the road.