Pauls' Revere
05-03-2015, 04:42 PM
bump

Ronin Truth
05-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Ah, back to crappy as ever.

r3volution 3.0
05-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Justice, no justice, either way no peace.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-03-2015, 05:39 PM
boo, I was enjoying the show

euphemia
05-03-2015, 05:43 PM
They can call it normalcy, but the landscape looks a lot different today. Those folks will be going somewhere else for their prescriptions and other needs because the rioters burned it all down.

idiom
05-03-2015, 05:44 PM
Now we see who talks about root causes.

Pretty sure it won't be Hillary.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-03-2015, 05:48 PM
They can call it normalcy, but the landscape looks a lot different today. Those folks will be going somewhere else for their prescriptions and other needs because the rioters burned it all down.
Oh no, not the CVS! What will that do to their stock prices?!

euphemia
05-03-2015, 05:51 PM
I'm not concerned about the stock prices. I'm saying it is not normal to have to get on a bus or walk three or four miles to a different pharmacy.

And all the senior citizens that were displaced will have to live somewhere else.

Again, not normal.

r3volution 3.0
05-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Oh no, not the CVS! What will that do to their stock prices?!

Not much, but having to walk a couple miles to the next closest pharmacy to pick up your insulin might be a problem for the poor people living in the neighborhood.

But, who cares, CVS is an evil corporation, amiright? Thank god it was destroyed!

Viva la Devolution!

:rolleyes:

mad cow
05-03-2015, 06:03 PM
BALTIMORE RALLY: BURN DOWN STORES TO GET THEM ‘OUT OF OUR COMMUNITIES’

During a large rally in front of Baltimore’s City Hall, a young man introduced as “Brother Rose,” in winding and sometimes incoherent speech, praised the burning of a CVS store at the corner of Pennsylvania and North Avenues. “America didn’t care until we started affecting things they profit from… What we saying, ‘Let’s get you out of our communities.’”

He also said, “Without us running (unintelligible) Mondawmin Mall [the site of mass looting on Monday], taking back from the stores that have taken our dollars for how long, and not giving back to the community in any type of way. We made a statement. The world heard us then. They heard that the youth of Baltimore are going to get justice by any means necessary.”

He also advocated shutting down restaurants and businesses that were protecting their investments. “If they protected themselves against you, protect yourselves against them. Don’t spend your money there. Don’t give them no reason to be in your neighborhood. Kick them out.”http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/02/baltimore-rally-burn-down-stores-to-get-them-out-of-our-communities/

Some of the natives seem happy with their new food,prescription,sneaker,beer,cigarette,etc.,etc. desert.

mad cow
05-03-2015, 06:04 PM

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-03-2015, 06:07 PM
Not much, but having to walk a couple miles to the next closest pharmacy to pick up your insulin might be a problem for the poor people living in the neighborhood.

But, who cares, CVS is an evil corporation, amiright? Thank god it was destroyed!

Viva la Devolution!

:rolleyes:
Oh no, they will have to walk to the other side of the city street to a Walgreens or something. The humanity! :P

Anti Federalist
05-03-2015, 06:18 PM
Again, none of this would have happened had the cops not decided to kill a man, under color of law.

The cops did this to themselves.

Anti Federalist
05-03-2015, 06:24 PM
For the forty-third straight year no one is even asking if all the violence, including daily killings of young black men, is related to the government’s “war on drugs.”

Some of us are.

Not asking: telling.

mad cow
05-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Oh no, they will have to walk to the other side of the city street to a Walgreens or something. The humanity! :P

Perhaps you're thinking of a neighborhood where the store across the street from you,in the same business,didn't just get looted and burned out.
Not one drugstore in my neighborhood has ever been looted and burned out.They're everywhere,like mushrooms.

I bet you could get that ex-CVS Pharmacy building for a song,go ahead,buy it and open your drugstore there.
You'll make a killing.

euphemia
05-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Indeed, and if you are 68 and have already lost a couple of toes to diabetes, those extra miles can make a difference.

This is why people who celebrate rioting because they hate police should think twice. What are they demonstrating? Basically, that they do not really care about their communities and neighbors. Hate the police all you want, but the nice lady that used to give you cookies deserves respect.

Smitty
05-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Again, none of this would have happened had the cops not decided to kill a man

Or a hurricane passes through.

Anti Federalist
05-03-2015, 07:56 PM

Maybe my memory fails me, but IIRC Baltimore was hit pretty hard by Hurricane Sandy and I don't recall any riots in it's wake.

Smitty
05-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Nah,...Hurricane Sandy didn't reach "loot" status in Baltimore. It rained a bit and the wind blew. But that's about it.

Anti Federalist
05-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Nah,...Hurricane Sandy didn't reach "loot" status in Baltimore. It rained a bit and the wind blew. But that's about it.

Well, OK, take Manhattan...it was bloacked out by Sandy, and I don't recall any riots or widespread looting.

And I'm old enough to rememebr the 1978 black out where the rioting was bad enough to almost burn the island down.

Then there was Katrina...plenty of looting then.

http://alp.truckandbarter.com/images/sg_loot.jpg

Smitty
05-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Well, OK, take Manhattan...it was bloacked out by Sandy, and I don't recall any riots or widespread looting.

And I'm old enough to rememebr the 1978 black out where the rioting was bad enough to almost burn the island down.

Plenty of looting in NYC after hurricane sandy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hurricane+sandy+looting+nyc&biw=1097&bih=502&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=LNdGVfDvKcKfNvjsgOgK&ved=0CFgQsAQ

Smitty
05-03-2015, 08:22 PM
Of course, you know this,..so I don't understand why you're trying to obfuscate the situation.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Perhaps you're thinking of a neighborhood where the store across the street from you,in the same business,didn't just get looted and burned out.
Not one drugstore in my neighborhood has ever been looted and burned out.They're everywhere,like mushrooms.

I bet you could get that ex-CVS Pharmacy building for a song,go ahead,buy it and open your drugstore there.
You'll make a killing.
If the country didn't have unconstitutional gun laws all over the place, the store owners could defend their property. Though you'd be hard-pressed to find a CVS manager loyal enough to defend a giant corporations storefront. If the riots are an example of anything, it's an example of how gun laws are stripping people's rights to defend their life and property. They'd run out as fast as they stormed in if there were shots. Where was the police to defend their property? I'd ask for a damn tax refund since I'm not getting the service I paid for.

You think this is bad? Imagine how bad it'll be when there's riots everywhere and if you're a law-abiding citizen in one of the sissy anti-gun states, you'll have little defense when all the criminals with guns or even law enforcement/military are coming for your food, money, etc.

Also bring up a good point about drugs. Why are old people constantly given short supplies of medicine? If theres a crisis the supply might be interrupted, and I know plenty of old people who have to pick up a certain medicine every 2-4 weeks. Why not have at least a 2 month supply? It's quite ridiculous how drugs are controlled.

JK/SEA
05-03-2015, 08:31 PM
how long do you think it will be before there is another 'blood lust' incident by cops, that causes another riot somewhere?

mad cow
05-03-2015, 08:32 PM
If the country didn't have unconstitutional gun laws all over the place, the store owners could defend their property. Though you'd be hard-pressed to find a CVS manager loyal enough to defend a giant corporations storefront. If the riots are an example of anything, it's an example of how gun laws are stripping people's rights to defend their life and property. They'd run out as fast as they stormed in if there were shots. Where was the police to defend their property? I'd ask for a damn tax refund since I'm not getting the service I paid for.

You think this is bad? Imagine how bad it'll be when there's riots everywhere and if you're a law-abiding citizen in one of the sissy anti-gun states, you'll have little defense when all the criminals with guns or even law enforcement/military are coming for your food, money, etc.

Also bring up a good point about drugs. Why are old people constantly given short supplies of medicine? If theres a crisis the supply might be interrupted, and I know plenty of old people who have to pick up a certain medicine every 2-4 weeks. Why not have at least a 2 month supply? It's quite ridiculous how drugs are controlled.

Yep,I can't argue with any of that.

Anti Federalist
05-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Of course, you know this,..so I don't understand why you're trying to obfuscate the situation.

You said:

And I'm not recalling mass rioting in the wake of every hurricane.

Of course, there's not mass rioting in the wake of every uncalled for police killing of a Mundane.

Anti Federalist
05-03-2015, 09:02 PM

Yup, this, especially the bold.

Yet another war on some drugs failure.

invisible
05-03-2015, 09:33 PM
BALTIMORE RALLY: BURN DOWN STORES TO GET THEM ‘OUT OF OUR COMMUNITIES’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/02/baltimore-rally-burn-down-stores-to-get-them-out-of-our-communities/

Some of the natives seem happy with their new food,prescription,sneaker,beer,cigarette,etc.,etc. desert.

Sad to say, this is unfortunately an all too common attitude in this particular part of the city. Please do not construe anything I say here to be giving ammo to the racist trolls, I am only attempting to shed some insight as to how things really are here. In some parts of NW Baltimore, white people are simply unwelcome for the most part. It is not a stretch to extend that attitude to "white owned" businesses in the area. I find it very sad that these people do not appreciate that these businesses bother to invest in opening stores in these neighborhoods, where shopping choices are limited in the first place. Businesses around Penn-North and in Mondawmin Mall don't serve a white clientele at all. The only white people you see at that mall are there for the state's vital records office, and perhaps the occasional store manager. Once, I was riding a bus on North Avenue. At the intersection with Pennsylvania (right where that Rite-Aid is / was), a woman got on and loudly proclaimed "it's Friday! I don't have to look at another white person's face again until Monday Morning!" I guess she didn't notice me sitting halfway back. This is exactly the attitude you find in this particular area. It isn't that way in other neighborhoods on the NW side, and I've spent significant time in all of them. Despite the attitudes expressed here in the quotes, I've been out alone walking around the Penn-North area plenty of times, and never felt uncomfortable or unsafe.

euphemia
05-03-2015, 10:10 PM

I

During Sandy, they had mandatory evacuation zones. Our kiddos put up some of their friends and then went out after the storms to check on friends and relatives of people we know here in Nashville.

Ronin Truth
05-04-2015, 08:51 AM
What normalcy, more single mothers giving birth?