PDA

View Full Version : Irksome poll, needs assistance.

fcofer
12-04-2007, 10:52 PM
http://www.why08.org/ :mad:

NOTE: This is not very important, so if you have better things to do, leave now and don't bother complaining. ;)

You have to register to vote in this poll, and give a reason as to why you support a particular candidate. You can also give a reason as to why you oppose a particular candidate.

Anyway, Huck's supporters are bumping Huck rapidly up against the current winner, Paul (currently 376 to 169). What's worse, they have all chosen to Oppose Paul, and are putting in some really obnoxious comments and graphic mods of Ron Paul (a popular one shows him with devil's horns).

I don't know what if it will necessarily accomplish anything useful, but it would be very psychologically satisfying to show up in force and demonstrate that when you mess with the bull... you get the horns. :P

If you are interested, please bump this poll and provide current totals after you vote. Also, if anyone wants to make a competing graphic, post it so we can laugh at it.

fcofer
12-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Just in case you want to see what has me so agitated, here's one of the comments, with associated graphic:

http://www.why08.org/index.php?s=candidatephoto&id=16&type=post&stype=opp

"Ron Paul is a screeching cowardly isolationist with no electability or stable foreign policy plan. His type of thinking is what killed so many lives in ww2. If you think it is cool to support Paul then you think it is cool to be a vulnerable nation. He is not a conservative, he supports abortion through states rights."

fortilite
12-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Just some neocon sleaze ball, but let's represent anyways.

Myerz
12-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Ya, I'm registered there. A bunch of uniformed ignorant waste is dumped there.
Although I do like the bobble head look.

Hey, anyone know where to get a Ron Paul bobble head? There out there but not of Ron Paul.

TheNewYorker
12-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Just in case you want to see what has me so agitated, here's one of the comments, with associated graphic:

http://www.why08.org/index.php?s=candidatephoto&id=16&type=post&stype=opp

"Ron Paul is a screeching cowardly isolationist with no electability or stable foreign policy plan. His type of thinking is what killed so many lives in ww2. If you think it is cool to support Paul then you think it is cool to be a vulnerable nation. He is not a conservative, he supports abortion through states rights."

The site adds the horns to all candidates that get a negative rating. Relax.

If you oppose huckabee, he automatically gets horns in your post too.

nist7
12-04-2007, 11:15 PM
No.....this is good. This is very, very good. You WANT them to attack Dr. Paul.

Have you forgotten the wise words of Ghandi?

""First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."

The mainstream media has moved to the ridicule phase while these guys are already in the fighting phase.

This will be fun.

:)

fcofer
12-04-2007, 11:17 PM
If you oppose huckabee, he automatically gets horns in your post too.

Thanks for that. I was seriously pissed and incredulous that they would dare throw down the gauntlet in such a manner. :)

fortilite
12-04-2007, 11:22 PM
I like that website, it's cute and a nice concept. Plus since it's one vote per account they can't accuse us of spamming it.

JAM824A
12-04-2007, 11:24 PM
I joined... It's pretty neat... Thanks.

me3
12-04-2007, 11:31 PM
NOTE: This is not very important, so if you have better things to do, leave now and don't bother complaining.
Agreed.

fcofer
12-04-2007, 11:35 PM
NOTE: This is not very important, so if you have better things to do, leave now and don't bother complaining. ;)

^
|
|
:rolleyes:

nist7
12-04-2007, 11:47 PM
OMG, this is funny as hell.

Chuck Norris opposes Mike because...

"He the worst possible selection besides Hillary. I can say this because I made a commercial for him. I did it for the money....period. Yes, I like the money. Do you actually believe I support someone like him? Give me a break."

fcofer
12-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Roflmao :D

nist7
12-05-2007, 12:04 AM
I ripped on Huckster quite badly:

samster opposes Mike because...

Mike Huckabee helped release a convicted rapist from prison, against the plea of the victim. That same rapist later raped and murdered another woman.

If that alone doesn't turn off people from Huckleberry....

Why08
12-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Hey guys thanks for the mention. We're really working hard to make a fun and engaging site...the devils horns / angel halos are just some eye candy to draw people in; we do hope you find some of the conversations to be substantive and interesting. If you have any feedback, we'd love to hear it. Just email us at feedback [at] why08.org...we have some very cool features coming out in the next few weeks!

Cheers,
Michael