PDA

View Full Version : A proposal for a thank you list....

Cassie Neilson
12-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Hello all, I had an idea that perhaps we could include with all of the press coverage that is sure to follow with the Tea Party; an idea for a thank you list dedicated to the people who encouraged us to donate. Off the top of my head, I would thank Lisa Evers (from the Morton Downey Jr. show) Melissa Hasselbeck on The View, and Sean Hannity for confirming my commitment to donate to the campaign. If I was ever on the fence about donating, they were there to give me that push I needed into contribution. I say that we take all of their spin and negative comments towards Dr. Paul and put them out there in a positive light. After all, don't you think they'd feel better knowing that they directly contributed to Ron Paul's campaign, as told straight from the mouths of his supporters? We could all form a thank you list of people to thank, as well as how many want to thank that specific person, and perhaps even an area for comments. I understand that this might generate press for these individuals as well, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due. We could call it Tea Party Thank You list or Ron Paul's Thank You list or something. Well?

Cowlesy
12-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Elizabeth Hasselbeck :)

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Certainly not politically correct, and I'm sure there will be lots of naysayers. I'm not really sure it's a good idea, either...

but, wow, is it tempting!:D

Cassie Neilson
12-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Oops, not quite sure how I'd gotten that mixed up, thanks!

Cassie Neilson
12-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Certainly not politically correct, and I'm sure there will be lots of naysayers. I'm not really sure it's a good idea, either...

but, wow, is it tempting!:D

I'm suggesting this in favor of people saying all this "Hannitler sucks, somebody needs to shut Elizabeth up, etc" I don't need to go into detail about how I felt about Lisa Evers after watching the Mortin (sp) Downey Jr. clip. Why not focus how they have made us feel into something more positive, like explaining how they encouraged us to donate or get involved with Ron's campaign? There's nothing wrong with giving thanks, right? Please explain the political correctness, I'm new to politics and so I would be interested in hearing the negative effects of such a list.

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 10:44 PM
On second thought, go for it. As long as it's polite, even if tongue-in-cheek, the blowback will probably only be blood pressure. :D

Edit: I'd love to see Hannity or O'Reilly's face when they open this.

Cassie Neilson
12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
I don't have the ability to create websites, I've only dabbled in xhtml and css, I couldn't go far. I hope that someone might like the idea and put something together, if they're interested enough. I liked your comment about blowback, also :)

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 10:56 PM
I think you could draft a letter, and then after the teaparty, those who are interested could pick up the draft with cut and paste, update the <Celebrity>, <date and time you encouraged me>, <what you said that encouraged me> and <how much I donated> tags, and send it off to their favorite celebrity.

Cassie Neilson
12-04-2007, 11:03 PM
I like your idea, though do you think they would actually get individual emails and such if we sent them out in that fashion? A suggestion might even be to send the thank you email and link them to the website, so then they will get both the email as well as be able to see how many people were influenced by them. I was thinking one large list of all the names people wanted to thank, in the same format you describe, but perhaps simply made into a website of some sort that could gain coverage from news networks (highly unlikely, I know, but I figure there may be a better chance to gain notice from one large list as opposed to many small ones) I appreciate your feedback, perhaps others will also let us know what they think.

I completely forgot Bill O'Reilly. His name would be HUGE on the list. This is why we need the input from supporters everywhere, so we know everybody that we should thank!