PDA

View Full Version : Today in Congress, We Heard That Encryption is Enabling Upskirt Photos

Suzanimal
05-01-2015, 04:57 AM
Government debate over encryption has veered into fully stupid territory. Expert testimony at a Congressional hearing on encryption blamed Apple and Google’s privacy systems for allowing perverts to get away with secretly photographing vaginas and posting the pictures online.

When Apple and Google debuted bulked-up encryption for websites last year, the FBI complained that this automatic encryption would be a boon for criminals. The DOJ insisted that it could kill a child! Today’s testimony, meant to help the US House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform assess encryption, chugged along a similarly twisty train of thought. This time, encryption critics trotted out child molester and freaky panty pervert doomsday scenarios to support the argument that people should not be able to secure their phones.

District Attorney David Conley warned that encryption will enable people taking “upskirt” photos to get away with posting surreptitious crotch shots. In the same testimony, Conley blamed encryption for potentially destroying cases against child abusers and people who pimp out children for sex.

Of course, the idea that encryption makes it harder to collect evidence is true. However, there are many salient reasons why people want to use encryption, just as there are many reasons people put locks on their doors. It’s a digital safeguard that protects us from criminals, snoops, creeps, and undue government surveillance.

Yes, of course, if police get a warrant, they can search a house or a closet or an iPhone in accordance with the Fourth Amendment. That doesn’t mean a suspect has to unlock their doors for the police — or their phones. It doesn’t mean we should build cars without locks to make it easier for police to search them.

http://gizmodo.com/today-in-congress-we-heard-that-encryption-is-enabling-1701050042

tod evans
05-01-2015, 05:35 AM
Expert testimony at a Congressional hearing on encryption blamed Apple and Google’s privacy systems for allowing perverts to get away with secretly photographing vaginas and posting the pictures online.

Ummm,

The very last thing I want is governments minions trying to "protect" the vaginas I'm responsible for....

Now there could be some folks who actually welcome the concept of a 'Vagina Picture Police' but for the life of me I can't imagine which segment of society that might be...

Hey! How 'bout the 'Loretta E. Lynch Testicle Protection Program' too? You know for those insecure people who aren't able to properly protect the testicles they're responsible for....:rolleyes:

Mach
05-02-2015, 02:12 AM
Sorry Suz, couldn't help it, it is a serious subject though..... we can't let this very important matter slip through our fingers..... maybe they can get a vagina line up.... do not attempt to apprehend this vagina....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75yAH9hWrZ0

tangent4ronpaul
05-02-2015, 06:02 AM
Devils advocate posts are soooo fun! <evil grin>

District Attorney David Conley warned that encryption will enable people taking “upskirt” photos to get away with posting surreptitious crotch shots.

Is this necessarily bad? Is there any info up your skirt that personally identifies you? Hmm, panty and skirt style ID - are those your legs? How would anyone ID me?

freaky panty pervert doomsday scenarios

Yeah - it happens. It's kinda rare. More common - I've dated a couple of girls that were "allergic" to panties. This usually comes with an attraction to short skirts. Exhibitionist tendencies. Now say such a person met a voyeur - what happens? Well, a really exciting and fun "date" at the local Walmart or mall happens, followed by posting said photo's and juicing on the feedback.

The congro-MORON assumes there is a victim!

Ummm - freaked about panty shots. There is something called a bathing suite. If you were at the beach, in a a bikini would you freak about someone taking a pic of you?

Umm, yeah...

Clearly - we need TSA agents with tape measures enforcing min skirt lengths below your cunny - yeah, he tape measure will connect with your cunny..., doing strip searches to ensure you are at least wearing thick underwear but ideally a Chasity belt at the entrance of every Walmart, Target, or grocery store/mall or any means of public transport.

IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!

And for your personal safety against TeaRoarIstas!!!!! Can I get a BIG "ZiG HEIL" here?

DHS really needs surveillance camera's in your bedroom - to protect you!

Otherwise we can not protect you from ISIS/ISIL/EL-Quada/all the other bogey men BEING RIGHT UNDER YOUR BED AND WANTING TO GIT YA!, AND YER SPOUSE, AND YER KIDS, AND YER RELATIVES!!!

FEAR, FEAR, FEAR!!!

-t

ps: if you are female - ever flashed your boobs?
if you are male - know a female that has ever flashed their boobs?

Would you be as pissed off if some person with a foot fetish snapped a pic of your feet in high heals. Why did you put those high heals on in the first place? To get noticed in the first place maybe?