PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: "The cashless society is the IRS’s dream..."

nbruno322
04-29-2015, 08:00 AM
The War on Cash is definitely disturbing and spreading...

http://www.internationalman.com/articles/the-war-on-cash-transparently-totalitarian

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-29-2015, 08:02 AM
I was talking with this worker at Lowes the other day. The reason he dislikes Bitcoin, he said, is because it's government run.

ClydeCoulter
04-29-2015, 08:18 AM
And, asset forfeiture makes people a bit more hesitant to carry much cash around. It has, kind of, made carrying cash of any significant quantity illegal.

The Northbreather
04-29-2015, 08:18 AM
I was talking with this worker at Lowes the other day. The reason he dislikes Bitcoin, he said, is because it's government run.

Heh. He prolly knows as much about bitcoin as he does the about products in the section he works in at Lowe's ....

oyarde
04-29-2015, 08:23 AM
I agree with the good Doctor.

Anti Federalist
04-29-2015, 09:15 AM
Sad to say, as usual, Boobus will love this and has, for the most part, already adopted it.

When I watch people swipe plastic to pay for a cup of coffee, giving the banksters their cut each time, I figure cash is pretty much dead.

muh_roads
04-29-2015, 09:32 AM

Always trust low income wage slaves in the service sector for your financial information.

If Bitcoin was government run, it wouldn't be limited in supply.

willwash
04-29-2015, 11:16 AM

He's not that far off the mark. All the major exchanges are in full cooperation with governments. I haven't messed with it, but I'll bet the major corporations that accept it as payment require verifiable identifying information too.

muh_roads
04-29-2015, 01:59 PM
All the major exchanges are in full cooperation with governments.

No they aren't.

Sola_Fide
04-29-2015, 02:25 PM
I thought a cash society was the system's dream.

libertarianMoney
04-29-2015, 03:43 PM
I'll make the case:

Cash is a drain on society. We spent boatloads of that money just trying to move it from one place to another. It encourages more violent crimes. (Robbery etc. instead of fraud.) Government itself would save a fortune without it. Okay.. that's not true... I think we all know that will just be an excuse to spend more...

Honestly, I hate using cash. It feels so primitive. When I have to use it I think... "Damn.. I have to go to the atm. Pay them. hHpe I took out enough. Get change back. Carry that change for a few weeks looking for some excuse to spend it. Throw it in a can because... I won't ever use it..." I'd gladly pay a company to prevent that hassle. (Of course, the monopoly on currency kind of screws those who like cash if the government ditches it.)

If you want hard assets get gold or silver or something. They'll hold value better than the dollar anyway.

Even if bitcoin was completely controlled by government (even though it's not even close at this time,) there are still a million other cryptos to worry about. There will always be annonymous (or relatively annonymous) currencies.

mrsat_98
04-29-2015, 04:48 PM
The War on Cash is definitely disturbing and spreading...

http://www.internationalman.com/articles/the-war-on-cash-transparently-totalitarian

I thought a cash society was the system's dream.

NO MORE CASH = 666

navy-vet
04-29-2015, 05:38 PM
As for myself, I want cash....especially when "they" don't want me to have it.

FSP-Rebel
04-29-2015, 06:01 PM
I'll take me some Bitcoin.

Deborah K
04-29-2015, 06:14 PM
I doubt it'll ever go completely cashless. There have been way too many times over the years that I have gone up to make a purchase only to hear that the "system is down, we can only take cash at this time". Which, is always fine by me.

euphemia
04-29-2015, 06:32 PM
I am militantly pro-cash. If there is money available, I will always spend cash. If I'm carrying a hundred dollars and I am robbed, the robber only gets $100. If he steals my credit card, he gets my life. I can't even remember the last time I wrote a check. The only time I pay in plastic is when I need a verifiable record--like giving to my church.