PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Earns Endorsement From Conservative YouTube Star (But He Can’t Vote Until 2020)

jct74
04-28-2015, 07:13 PM
Rand Paul Earns Endorsement From Conservative YouTube Star (But He Can’t Vote Until 2020)

Mike Opelka
Apr. 28, 2015 4:52pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgfrRs_CR5U

Rand Paul’s 2016 presidential campaign just picked up the endorsement of a young conservative YouTube star, CJ Pearson.

Pearson, is the 12-year-old conservative political commentator who first gained national attention with a viral video asking “President Obama, do you really love America?”

Two weeks ago, Pearson’s video declaring “Al Sharpton; you are the problem!” appeared on TheBlaze.

Monday, Pearson released a new video (complete with a puppy calendar on the door behind him), endorsing Rand Paul for President. In the 2:15 clip, the pre-teen pundit explained why he has thrown his support behind Paul, “I love liberty and I respect the Constitution, and I believe it is past due for the American people to elect a president who not only cares about the Constitution but will do everything in his power to defend it.”

read more:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/04/28/rand-paul-earns-endorsement-from-conservative-youtube-star-but-he-cant-vote-until-2020/

Sola_Fide
04-28-2015, 08:37 PM
Haha...this kid is great.

scrosnoe
04-28-2015, 08:50 PM
Awesome! Sign him up on the forums! We need his energy and passion for the next generation!!!!

Tywysog Cymru
04-28-2015, 09:19 PM
Way smarter than I was when I was 12.

Mr.NoSmile
04-29-2015, 07:06 AM
Wow...about as useful as Obama getting endorsed by Honey Boo-Boo. Is this what the press calls an endorsement? Next thing you know, we'll be hearing reports that the girl in the "Daisy" ad endorsed Johnson after the ad aired, which was the tipping point in his landslide victory.

IndianaPolitico
04-29-2015, 07:25 AM
Wow...about as useful as Obama getting endorsed by Honey Boo-Boo. Is this what the press calls an endorsement? Next thing you know, we'll be hearing reports that the girl in the "Daisy" ad endorsed Johnson after the ad aired, which was the tipping point in his landslide victory.

Who peed in your cereal this morning?

William Tell
04-29-2015, 07:27 AM

Ha ha, positive press = good. It helps with name recognition and keeping Rand in peoples minds. It helps with the perception that Rand is appealing to young people. There's a reason Rand Paul is promoting this endorsement on Facebook and Twitter. Because he understands how this stuff actually works. Rand and his campaign don't just sit around and whine about not being endorsed by John Boehner.

Mr.NoSmile
04-29-2015, 07:34 AM
Who peed in your cereal this morning?

You thought hard about that response, I can tell.

IndianaPolitico
04-29-2015, 07:38 AM
You thought hard about that response, I can tell.

Did you miss all the media this kid has earned over the past several months? Comparing him to Honey Boo-Boo is rather disrespectful.

Mr.NoSmile
04-29-2015, 07:41 AM
Did you miss all the media this kid has earned over the past several months? Comparing him to Honey Boo-Boo is rather disrespectful.

No, because I'm not really invested in the life and times of YouTube celebrities who have as much influence over an election as someone like Jenna Marbles. I doubt this kid would care whether someone on the internet compared him to Honey Boo-Boo.

specsaregood
04-29-2015, 07:51 AM
No, because I'm not really invested in the life and times of YouTube celebrities who have as much influence over an election as someone like Jenna Marbles.

Congratulations; I gather you aren't the target audience for this endorsement then.

Mr.NoSmile
04-29-2015, 08:22 AM
Congratulations; I gather you aren't the target audience for this endorsement then.

Which doesn't inhibit me from commenting on it, no.