PDA

View Full Version : Actor Vince Vaughn Headlines Libertarian College Conference; Touts Liberty, Privacy

jct74
04-27-2015, 09:50 AM
ACTOR VINCE VAUGHN HEADLINES LIBERTARIAN COLLEGE CONFERENCE; TOUTS LIBERTY, PRIVACY

by JENNIFER KABBANY
APRIL 27, 2015

LOS ANGELES – Actor Vince Vaughn headlined a Young Americans for Liberty conference at UCLA over the weekend, offering candid thoughts and words of encouragement to an excited audience of 250 or so college students who lead libertarian efforts at campuses across California.

“I think the message of individual liberty and peace is contagious,” Vaughn told the students Saturday, prompting applause and cheers.

Vaughn, a longtime Ron Paul supporter who has been vocal about his libertarian beliefs, made his comments in a Q&A-style appearance, also weighing in on topics such as Hollywood, Rand Paul, Edward Snowden, and libertarian tenets.

“Raise your kids to think for themselves and have respect for both their own individual thoughts and other individuals,” Vaughn, a father of two, said when asked about principles the movement should spread.

Although he did not specifically address political correctness on campuses, he alluded to it while addressing the topic in general.

read more:
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/22217/

jct74
04-27-2015, 09:53 AM
Vince Vaughn crashes liberty convention, discusses 2016 prospects

By Alice Salles
April 27, 2015

Conservative and libertarian students gathered in Los Angeles this past weekend for the Young Americans for Liberty California state convention–an event replete with activism training, networking, and even star-gazing.

After a morning of political boot camp, attendees gathered into the Fowler Museum’s Lenart Auditorium, and actor, screenwriter, and producer Vince Vaughn stepped onto the stage.

YAL’s Director of Programs and Operations Edward King sat down with Vaughn to talk about his involvement with the ‘liberty movement,’ a grassroots movement sparked by former Congressman Ron Paul’s 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns. During the Q&A, the film star discussed the issues that caused him to turn to liberty, the 2016 presidential election, and talking politics with his co-stars.

Vaughn claimed he was always very interested in the Federal Reserve, even before getting politically involved. In spite of his own research into the matter, the Swingers’ star felt like something was missing. To get to the bottom of it, the star decided to call Dr. Ron Paul.

“I have always been interested in the Federal Reserve, questioning it, you know? So I [decided] to call Ron [Paul] and he was very warm, very genuine and nice so we started a friendship. He was always more than willing to talk to me about different issues.”

read more:
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/22217/

William Tell
04-27-2015, 10:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfAAzKnwlhI

angelatc
04-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Vince Vaughn said "neocon." Yay!

I think Robert Downey Jr might be a closeted libertarian. He said something a few years back about how it was literally impossible to go through the prison system and emerge a liberal. The press is still trying to get him to elaborate on it though, and he does not want to.

I respect that decision. I understand this is his business and he doesn't want to mix his politics with it. I wish liberals felt that same way.

CPUd
04-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Vince is going to be high profile this summer after people see his performance in True Detective. Most people think he can only do comedy, I predict they will be blown away.

r3volution 3.0
04-27-2015, 05:29 PM
I've always been a fan of him as an actor, and I remember him well from 2012 (or was it 2008?) when he came out for Ron.

Good stuff

CPUd
04-27-2015, 05:31 PM
I've always been a fan of him as an actor, and I remember him well from 2012 (or was it 2008?) when he came out for Ron.

Good stuff

Yeah, he sometimes goes to Ron's annual BBQ. Some RPF members here got a picture with him, he is about twice as tall as they are.