PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the candidate(s) to beat in the R primary?

randomname
04-27-2015, 01:30 AM
Jeb Bush?
Marco Rubio?
Ted Cruz?
Scott Walker?
Someone else?

TheTexan
04-27-2015, 01:42 AM
Someone else?

I'm keeping an eye out for a Herman Cain announcement

CPUd
04-27-2015, 03:38 AM
Rand will be the candidate to beat.

mz10
04-27-2015, 07:26 AM
I've been saying it over and over again. Rubio will be the candidate to beat. Jeb will get no traction. Rubio is young, Hispanic, a great speaker, some of the Tea Party types still think he's one of them, and he will get money in droves from the pro-war donors.

Sola_Fide
04-27-2015, 07:31 AM
Rand vs. Rubio is going to be the show.

SilentBull
04-27-2015, 07:35 AM
I think it is still Jeb. Nobody wanted Romney and yet they still found a way to make him the last man standing. I think the establishment plan is a Jeb/Rubio ticket. But Walker is the one that scares me the most.

thoughtomator
04-27-2015, 07:35 AM
I had named Walker as the most formidable opponent some months ago and still maintain that opinion.

CaptUSA
04-27-2015, 07:36 AM
Rand vs. Rubio is going to be the show.

If Rand and Rubio is the show, then it's time to worry about the general election. Rubio is one bottle of water away from fizzling.

mosquitobite
04-27-2015, 07:55 AM
I had named Walker as the most formidable opponent some months ago and still maintain that opinion.

I agree. Here in red state land Walker will be the establishment pick and Cruz is the tea party pick. They are, for the most part, teo-cons &/or establishment. But even the establishment here would prefer someone over Bush. I'm guessing Walker will be their guy.

So Cruz is a threat because he will siphon votes from otherwise would-be Rand supporters. IMO, this means Walker benefits.

No one here in Indiana ever mentions Rubio as their choice.

Xenliad
04-27-2015, 09:06 AM
Jeb will have unimaginable money and dark powers backing him.
Walker is very unknown, and Republicans are projecting what they want to see onto him.
Rubio seems very hollow, but he can unify the hawkish wing and the socon wing if he plays his cards right.
Rand can hopefully keep touting how he's the strongest candidate for winning the general election/swing states.

The rest are fodder and might play spoiler for whoever they can. If one of the fodder gets the nomination, they will be crushed in the general election.

Ronin Truth
04-27-2015, 09:42 AM
All of them, except for the one getting the most votes.

Southron
04-27-2015, 10:03 AM
Rubio. Although Walker will make them sweat.

AuH20
04-27-2015, 10:22 AM
Walker. The governor label helps him.

04-27-2015, 10:31 AM
I think Jeb is going to win the primary and lose to Hillary.

Works out better that way for Rand anyway. He stays in the Senate, becomes a power player and gets to run next time against Hillary on her presumably crappy record as potus.

randomname
04-27-2015, 11:07 AM
I've been saying it over and over again. Rubio will be the candidate to beat. Jeb will get no traction. Rubio is young, Hispanic, a great speaker, some of the Tea Party types still think he's one of them, and he will get money in droves from the pro-war donors.

Agree, Scott Walker is also a formidable candidate btw.

randomname
04-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Walker. The governor label helps him.

It does, whereas for Jeb Bush it actually does nothing :D

randomname
04-27-2015, 11:28 AM
The numbers for Walker and Rubio look a lot better than for the other candidates... But they haven't really been vetted yet (or slandered as bad as Rand has been)

http://i.imgur.com/GYIS7KI.png
(March WSJ/NBC poll)

Looks like Huckabee will be media-fuelled flavor of the month at some point too

Millennial Conservatarian
04-27-2015, 11:33 AM
I hope the establishment pushes Rubio over Walker....Rand will do much better among Midwestern moderates up against Rubio than up against Walker

fisharmor
04-27-2015, 11:40 AM
The candidate to beat is going to be Rand Paul.

That's not a good thing. Just wait. The shit they pulled against Ron was nothing compared with what's coming.

AuH20
04-27-2015, 12:23 PM
I have never met a Marco Rubio supporter at any political event. I'm not buying it.

randomname
04-27-2015, 12:37 PM
I have never met a Marco Rubio supporter at any political event. I'm not buying it.

Nor would we have met a John Kerry or a Mitt Romney or a John McCain supporter, yet somehow they still got the nomination :)

CaptUSA
04-27-2015, 01:08 PM
The candidate to beat is going to be Rand Paul.

That's not a good thing. Just wait. The shit they pulled against Ron was nothing compared with what's coming.

Absolutely correct. And still, there will be many of our supposed allies, even those in these forums, that will gleefully feed upon said shit. :(

RonPaul4Prez2012
04-27-2015, 01:27 PM
Whomever kisses Sheldon Adelsons liberal ass the most.

JohnGalt1225
04-27-2015, 01:44 PM
I still say Jeb. The GOP has a way of making the candidate that no one wants and no one likes become their nominee. No one liked Romney and no one liked McCain but the establishment liked them and found a way to make them their man. Jeb Bush is going to have gobs of cash rolling in and Fox News will fall in line behind him. If Rand is doing too well for their comfort they may float another faux "anti-establishment conservative" like they did with Santorum and that person could either be Cruz or Rubio.