PDA

View Full Version : Amnesty Bill defeated

tsoldrin
06-28-2007, 09:33 AM
The comprehensive amnesty package was just defeated in the senate. Strangely enough they cut to Bush squawking about how well we're doing in Iraq for some reason, so there's no extra info.

Give me liberty
06-28-2007, 09:40 AM
I wont say its defeated just about yet.
Sure this bill seems and sounds like its dead but there are still bills that bush might have on his plans -.-

Ira Aten
06-28-2007, 10:27 AM
What we all need to do, is to call each Senator who voted AGAINST Cloture, which in effect killed this bill, and thank them for standing up for America.

Jeff Sessions even called the Senators who were FOR cloture, thus FOR cutting off debate, the "Masters of the Universe", which I feel was a reference to the NWO the Bill tries to assist in being created.

After all, the Bill did attempt to ratify the unconstitutional "North American Partnership Agreement" as a Treaty, under Senator Kennedy's Amendment in both the original bill, and in S. 1639, the revised bill.

The statement "It is the sense of Congress that the Security and Prosperity Partnerhip of North America be accelerated" appeared in both.

If they had voted for passing the bill, the SPP would have then been a ratified treaty agreement, rather than the Unconstitutional treaty which it now is.

We need to thank Senators Cornyn, and numerous others who voted AGAINST Cloture, or "halting debatte and voting on the unconsitutional measure" as is.

LibertyBelle
06-28-2007, 10:36 AM
"Jeff Sessions even called the Senators who were FOR cloture, thus FOR cutting off debate, the "Masters of the Universe", which I feel was a reference to the NWO the Bill tries to assist in being created."

Isn't the second FOR supposed to be AGAINST? Caught it for ya! ;)

Hallelujah, at least for now!

jd603
06-28-2007, 01:09 PM
http://immigrationvotes.com/

List of who voted what.....

winston84
06-28-2007, 01:50 PM
My senators suck.

angrydragon
06-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Yes, they do, we got two gun-control freaks as (CA) senators.

PatriotOne
07-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Call for immigrant amnesty in UK

BBC

Illegal immigrants could bring in £1bn in tax revenue
Half a million illegal immigrants should be given the right to stay in Britain, a think tank has said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6899348.stm