PDA

View Full Version : Fox News poll (April 19 - 21)

libertyplz
04-23-2015, 04:50 PM
Fox news poll released. Poll was conducted between April 19th and 21st.

Marco Rubio (13%)
Scott Walker (12%)
Rand Paul (10%)
Jeb Bush (9%)
Mike Huckabee (9%)
Ted Cruz (8%)

---

Not listing the rest, but if you want full results the poll results are here:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2015/04/23/fox-news-poll-042315/

And here is an article that talks about the results:

White evangelical Christians are most likely to support Huckabee (13 percent), Paul (11 percent), Cruz and Rubio (10 percent each).

Top picks among the Tea Party include Walker (19 percent), Rubio (14 percent), Paul (13 percent), Huckabee and Cruz (10 percent each).
Source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/04/23/fox-news-poll-rubio-jumps-to-head-2016-gop-pack-clinton-honesty-questioned/

IndianaPolitico
04-23-2015, 04:53 PM
Whoa, this race is much different then 2012. The field is SO compressed, no one can be counted out. Nice to see Paul above Jeb...

RickyJ
04-23-2015, 04:59 PM
I didn't expect to see Rubio to be that high in the polls. He came out of nowhere to take the lead and Cruz looks like he has lost his momentum.

IndianaPolitico
04-23-2015, 05:02 PM
Just saw this in one of those Rand Paul groups on facebook:

"I just voted on that poll a little while ago and Paul had 47%. I call BS"

:rolleyes:

IndianaPolitico
04-23-2015, 05:07 PM
"Clinton bests each of the Republicans tested in hypothetical matchups for a 2016 presidential contest: she leads Paul 46-43 percent, Bush 45-41 percent, Rubio 46-42 percent, Cruz 47-42 percent and Walker 46-40 percent. In each of these matchups the candidates are at or within the margin of sampling error of each other."

eleganz
04-23-2015, 05:13 PM
If we made a venn diagram of tea party and white evangelical christians, Rand would be the top dawg.

White evangelical Christians are most likely to support Huckabee (13 percent), Paul (11 percent), Cruz and Rubio (10 percent each).

Top picks among the Tea Party include Walker (19 percent), Rubio (14 percent), Paul (13 percent), Huckabee and Cruz (10 percent each).
Source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...ty-questioned/

Brett85
04-23-2015, 05:40 PM
Weird poll. At least Bush is losing ground.

William Tell
04-23-2015, 05:56 PM
Cool, Jeb's butt is trailing.:cool: I know within margin of error, but hey.:p Rand within 3 points of first place is good.

r3volution 3.0
04-23-2015, 06:00 PM
If we made a venn diagram of tea party and white evangelical christians, Rand would be the top dawg.

Nice. Good to see him beating Cruz in both those categories.

William Tell
04-23-2015, 06:08 PM
2nd choice:

Marco Rubio 15%

Jeb Bush 10%

Rand Paul 9%

Ted Cruz 7%

Scott Walker 7%

Mike Huckabee 5%

Ben Carson 5%

Chris Christie 5%

Rick Perry 4%

Crashland
04-23-2015, 06:11 PM
The field is so incredibly fractured that I am really starting to wonder if any candidate will manage to get a majority of delegates. I know the votes will probably start coalescing around fewer candidates but I can't help it being in the back of my mind.

r3volution 3.0
04-23-2015, 06:12 PM
The field is so incredibly fractured that I am really starting to wonder if any candidate will manage to get a majority of delegates. I know the votes will probably start coalescing around fewer candidates but I can't help it being in the back of my mind.

Though obviously I'd rather see Rand win it outright, there hasn't been a brokered convention in decades. That'd be pretty cool to see.

William Tell
04-23-2015, 06:29 PM
Rand is leading among men with 14%. Be manly, vote Randy.:cool:

freejack
04-23-2015, 07:21 PM
Just need to make sure he keeps the numbers at least where they are around now and make it to the debates. When the nation hears Ron Paul's message delivered Rand style that's when the fun begins.

William Tell
04-23-2015, 11:46 PM

Interesting, isn't it? And yet some people here still seem to think Rand shouldn't try to appeal to Evangelicals because they will never support him.

Gage
04-24-2015, 12:00 AM
Once the debates start, I expect to see a Cruz bump. Rand has a lot of good zingers though, which is good for a debate setting.

PaleoPaul
04-24-2015, 01:19 AM
Once the debates start, I expect to see a Cruz bump. Rand has a lot of good zingers though, which is good for a debate setting.
Anyone remember the "You're no Jack Kennedy" one-liner? I'd love for Rand to deliver a zinger of that quality during the debates.

helenpaul
04-24-2015, 04:10 AM
fox news is eat up with rubio.

GunnyFreedom
04-24-2015, 04:17 AM
I didn't expect to see Rubio to be that high in the polls. He came out of nowhere to take the lead and Cruz looks like he has lost his momentum.

There has been a nonstop Rubio love fest on right wing media. It's early and it can't last forever. Like other early starters the last two elections he will probably be the first to launch for orbit, fizzle, and flame out spectacularly.

GunnyFreedom
04-24-2015, 04:21 AM
Interesting, isn't it? And yet some people here still seem to think Rand shouldn't try to appeal to Evangelicals because they will never support him.

Rand knocked a lot of evangelicals upside the head like a bell with the the abortion reframe. A lot of them are questioning their earlier assumptions, which is good. Now is the time to be extra-warm to the evangelical demographics. Ramp that up and Huck will sputter out of the gate.

GunnyFreedom
04-24-2015, 04:24 AM
If this is accurate, then honestly Rand is in the best position period. Within striking distance, but not in the microscope yet. Rand will get his turn under the microscope. It is better to let a couple other people get obliterated by the light first before climbing under it. Difference between 2008 and 2012 is Ron got blacked out. He never got his time under the microscope. Because that would have really hurt the neocons and they knew it. :D

helenpaul
04-24-2015, 04:30 AM

dont kid yourself. the media, talk radio, and fox news will wrap themselves around rubio or bush.

anaconda
04-24-2015, 04:49 AM
What's up with this Rubio nonsense? He's a blithering idiot and he was way down in the pools after the immigration thingy. He talks like he has a potato in his mouth. With terribly transparent scripting that his style makes sound even worse. This poll seems like it must have been wrought with some form or serious errors.

adelina
04-24-2015, 04:52 AM
Rubio is not serious about winning this. And even if he is, Jeb's people probably have a lot of material on Rubio's shady dealings from his time in the Florida legislature. The real obstacle is that establishment/faux tea party candidate Walker.

Jeremy
04-24-2015, 05:42 AM
Rubio is not serious about winning this. And even if he is, Jeb's people probably have a lot of material on Rubio's shady dealings from his time in the Florida legislature. The real obstacle is that establishment/faux tea party candidate Walker.

He's not running for reelection in the Senate. That sounds pretty serious to me.

IndianaPolitico
04-24-2015, 06:10 AM
What's up with this Rubio nonsense? He's a blithering idiot and he was way down in the pools after the immigration thingy. He talks like he has a potato in his mouth. With terribly transparent scripting that his style makes sound even worse. This poll seems like it must have been wrought with some form or serious errors.

He is definitely riding his announcement bump at the moment.

65fastback2+2
04-24-2015, 06:18 AM

ya...im not worried about any of the others...but this scott walker junk is getting outta hand

CaptUSA
04-24-2015, 06:34 AM
I like that Rand is third in the "second choice" poll question. That's the one that's going to matter most. Rubio as second choice will fizzle, but watch out for Bush who somehow is in second place.

Remember, whenever you speak to someone, try to get them to have Rand as their second choice. If he becomes their first choice, that's fine, but push for second. It's easier to swallow for them because they can still onto their candidate of choice and it's an easier sell for you. We have to position him to be the fallback candidate when these other candidates start to drop out. Rand has a strong enough base to be around until the end. The need to build a strong base is not as important as making him acceptable to others that are not in that base.

This strategy has the added bonus of keeping their minds open when they hear him in a debate. If Rand becomes the most popular second choice candidate, we will win. Tailor your communications with that in mind.

RDM
04-24-2015, 07:24 AM
He's serious and with good reason.

As far as Jeb having material on Rubio, forget about that. Bush, Rubio and Walker are all part of the plan.

Also Jeb whom just so happens to be Rubio's mentor, which Rubio in turn :
During their times together in the state Capitol, Rubio backed every major legislative initiative put forth by Bush, whose allies helped Rubio become Florida House speaker and backed him in his come-from-behind U.S. Senate-race victory over Charlie Crist in 2010.

They also sat together on a plane ride from NRA Meeting a few weeks back.
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/awkward-or-old-friends-jeb-bush-marco-rubio-sit-next-to-each-other-on-flight-after-nra-conference-116876.html

In a recent interview, here's what Rubio said about that plane ride:

Did you guys talk about the presidential campaign at all?

Not in great detail. Jeb and I are friends, we'll always be friends. And I have tremendous admiration for him as a person, what he did as governor, and personal affection. And that's not going to change. I don't view, I'm not running against Jeb Bush and I'm not running against anybody in this field. I'm running because I strongly believe that I have something to offer this country that no one else in the field does at this moment in our history. And I'm going to go out there and do the best job that I can and — but, I mean, that's not going to impact our relationship in any way that's going to change how we feel about one another and it was great to see him and spend quality time just talking about good times and everything going on ...

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/paleo-on-a-plane-what-jeb-bush-and-marco-rubio-talked-about-on-flight-home/2225547

With that said, radio talking heads are already beginning to wrap around Rubio and make him the Golden Boy. What's you have playing out right now is this. The "establishment" would love to have Bush on the main ticket with Rubio as the VP and Jeb would grant that. They also know they can control Rubio through Jeb's persuasion, so they are also content having Rubio on the main ticket.

Rubio is sitting in a very good position, not only with the media, but the establishment. I believe right now, we're in the beginning stages of seeing a Rubio/Walker ticket. The question now is: How do we prevent that from happening and get Rand to the top?

JohnGalt23g
04-24-2015, 09:38 AM

The next 6 months is the money primary. Candidates who cannot raise money will begin dropping out.

Let's keep that in mind, and keep the wallets open...

garyallen59
04-24-2015, 11:25 AM
Today on the radio during the Fox News segment between the talk shows they mentioned this poll and said "Rubio is the new frontrunner in the GOP primary contest according to a new Fox News poll, just slightly ahead of Scott Walker and Jeb Bush..." sigh.

I just rolled my eyes. Here we go again. Who's in third?

GunnyFreedom
04-24-2015, 11:31 AM
Yep, wouldn't surprise me if the states Rand wan they only report who came in second... :p

CPUd
04-24-2015, 12:22 PM
Today on the radio during the Fox News segment between the talk shows they mentioned this poll and said "Rubio is the new frontrunner in the GOP primary contest according to a new Fox News poll, just slightly ahead of Scott Walker and Jeb Bush..." sigh.

I just rolled my eyes. Here we go again. Who's in third?

Jeb Bush.

William Tell
04-24-2015, 12:55 PM

I just rolled my eyes. Here we go again. Who's in third? That crap is really getting old.