PDA

View Full Version : how over-regulation / taxes are killing online poker

patrioticpokerplayer
04-23-2015, 06:56 AM
Thought this was an interesting read on how a free market would be better for poker, as over-regulation on the few poker sites still available in the US just drives up the rake and affects profitablity

http://www.rakeback.com/poker-rake/regulation/

'poor bureaucratic planning has left operators lacking in liquidity which forces sites to operate at a loss, or simply shut down'

I recall RP was pro legalization of poker, and scoffed at the notion that poker is linked to terrorism http://www.realmoneypoker.org/ron-paul-online-poker/

If you want to help out the poker players' alliance on twitter organise daily action plans

Ronin Truth
04-23-2015, 08:19 AM
Too much money going to poker, not enough money going to government lotteries. :p :rolleyes:

Cleaner44
04-23-2015, 08:42 AM
Thought this was an interesting read on how a free market would be better for poker, as over-regulation on the few poker sites still available in the US just drives up the rake and affects profitablity

http://www.rakeback.com/poker-rake/regulation/

'poor bureaucratic planning has left operators lacking in liquidity which forces sites to operate at a loss, or simply shut down'

I recall RP was pro legalization of poker, and scoffed at the notion that poker is linked to terrorism http://www.realmoneypoker.org/ron-paul-online-poker/

If you want to help out the poker players' alliance on twitter organise daily action plans

Sorry but the Poker Players Alliance sucks balls. Online poker has been killed for most Americans and the PPA begs Congress for taxing and regulation. The PPA failed long ago. Sheldon Adelson won.

ctiger2
04-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Sheldon Adelson approves this message.

oyarde
04-23-2015, 10:26 PM
On line poker sounds like shit , I would rather bet baseball or football , lol

edward222
04-29-2015, 11:30 PM
On line poker sounds like shit , I would rather bet baseball or football , lol

Online poker is sometimess cool :)
you should try it :)

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-30-2015, 07:59 AM
Eh, I would rather have actual cards in my hands. Dumb kid probably can't even shuffle a deck.

Cleaner44
04-30-2015, 08:37 AM
Eh, I would rather have actual cards in my hands. Dumb kid probably can't even shuffle a deck.

I like having cards in my hands too, but I used to play 6 tables at a time online and make a nice profit. The government killed that income for me.

Ronin Truth
04-30-2015, 10:17 AM
A pair of deuces and a .45, beats a Royal Flush every time.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-30-2015, 07:50 PM
I like having cards in my hands too, but I used to play 6 tables at a time online and make a nice profit. The government killed that income for me.

I was okay at figuring percentages in draw poker and other poker games, but that is nothing to brag about. It's grade school math, but sometimes I noticed others did not even bother to check the odds of getting a good hand. Some people, for example, would dump their money into trying to get an inside straight or something.

So, I was wondering if these players on TV are really good players, or, are they just aspiring models filling up the cable TV. I have never really watched the TV stuff because it's about as boring as watching paint dry.

Anyway, I would like to play again sometime if there was a good way to do it.

edward222
05-04-2015, 12:01 AM
I was okay at figuring percentages in draw poker and other poker games, but that is nothing to brag about. It's grade school math, but sometimes I noticed others did not even bother to check the odds of getting a good hand. Some people, for example, would dump their money into trying to get an inside straight or something.

So, I was wondering if these players on TV are really good players, or, are they just aspiring models filling up the cable TV. I have never really watched the TV stuff because it's about as boring as watching paint dry.

Anyway, I would like to play again sometime if there was a good way to do it.

If theres any chance,
I really want to play with them.

They perform really good.