PDA

View Full Version : "Hotties" Calendar marketing help needed

Lucid American
12-04-2007, 09:16 PM
I was discussing a couple ideas with Juliet about marketing the calendar for the "biggest bang". We both agreed on the general ideas, but neither of us was sure about the best way handle the logistics of it.

The general idea follows:

- Set the calendar up for sale, but also set up a special way for people to order one for for a soldier in Iraq / Afghanistan.
- The proceeds from sales (or some percentage thereof) for the soldier's calendars would be contributed to the Paralyzed Veterans of America organization.

So let's say, hypothetically, a calendar costs $5/ea to produce and sells for $20. If 5,000 people bought a calendar, that would be $75k to the Paul campaign; however, if those 5,000 also spring for another calendar as a gift to some anonymous soldier overseas, that's $75k in good will to the troops -- kind of a return on the contribution from the campaign the majority of them have contributed to.

The result could really have potential as a win-win-win:
- Paul gets contributions from sales
- Paul gets advertising through the calendar, both civilian and military.
- Troops get attactive calendars for free.
- Paralyzed veterans get contributions from Paul supporters.
- Paul & his supporters get positive publicity for supporting both active and retired troops.

The difficulty is in the management of this. Ideally, you could market it through the cafepress.com or similar site, then work it out to where people could buy "x" qty and specify "x" qty they want sent to a soldier, and you could market that the proceeds for those sent to the troops would go to the PVA.

How do we get from here to there, though?

Mani
12-04-2007, 09:25 PM
I was discussing a couple ideas with Juliet about marketing the calendar for the "biggest bang". We both agreed on the general ideas, but neither of us was sure about the best way handle the logistics of it.

The general idea follows:

- Set the calendar up for sale, but also set up a special way for people to order one for for a soldier in Iraq / Afghanistan.
- The proceeds from sales (or some percentage thereof) for the soldier's calendars would be contributed to the Paralyzed Veterans of America organization.

So let's say, hypothetically, a calendar costs $5/ea to produce and sells for $20. If 5,000 people bought a calendar, that would be $75k to the Paul campaign; however, if those 5,000 also spring for another calendar as a gift to some anonymous soldier overseas, that's $75k in good will to the troops -- kind of a return on the contribution from the campaign the majority of them have contributed to.

The result could really have potential as a win-win-win:
- Paul gets contributions from sales
- Paul gets advertising through the calendar, both civilian and military.
- Troops get attactive calendars for free.
- Paralyzed veterans get contributions from Paul supporters.
- Paul & his supporters get positive publicity for supporting both active and retired troops.

The difficulty is in the management of this. Ideally, you could market it through the cafepress.com or similar site, then work it out to where people could buy "x" qty and specify "x" qty they want sent to a soldier, and you could market that the proceeds for those sent to the troops would go to the PVA.

How do we get from here to there, though?

1) Partial proceeds goto paralyzed vets. That you handle on your end, the consumer doesn't take care of that.
2) Consumers are ENCOURAGED to donate calenders as a separate item. You can buy a "Donate to Vet" calendar or a calendar for yourself.

example:

I goto website.

I see 2 calenders for sale:

Item #1 Ron Paul Hotties Calendar. Donate to vets Caption: (These calenders will be sent to troops serving overseas, please purchase and we will send these out much appreciative troops).

Item #2 Ron Paul Hotties Calendar. Caption: (For delivery to you).

I decide to buy one quantity of item #1 and one quantity of item #2. My total is $40 + Shipping.

You guys receive the money and split it up accordingly, and you ship your #1 item straight from the warehouse (or wherever) to overseas.

Thrice
12-04-2007, 09:31 PM
I say we just photoshop the heads of founding fathers onto incredibly hot NYFD bodies.

Not that I do that a lot.