PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ryan speaks of Rand Paul

rich34
04-22-2015, 01:18 PM
I haven't seen it posted so I thought I'd share the exchange between Scarburogh and Paul Ryan this morning on morning Joe. Scarborugh brought up Lindsey Grahmns sp... comments on Rand Paul and how he'd actually vote for Hillary over Rand.

And I will say to my very pleasant surprise Ryan although tried to avoid it all together (not in a bad way) finally came out and said after being pressed into it by Joe was like "look if the choice is between Rand Paul and Hillary Clinton there's no question I'm voting for Rand Paul."

He went on to say that Rand has came around somewhat on foreign policy and has a sensible approach to it. Joe was trying to bait Ryan into attacking Rand somemore as Grahman did, but Ryan was surprisingly defending Rand over Hillary while also resisted Joe's softballs to attack Paul at the same time.

I'm not a big fan of Paul Ryan but him refusing to attack Rand while Joe was essentialy cheerleading him into doing so gets a huge bump in respect from me at the very least. I know that dont change obvious policy disagreements I have with him but on a personal level I have much more respect for the man. Just thought I'd share I havent seen this posted.

wizardwatson
04-22-2015, 01:22 PM
I don't think Rand should attack Hillary. It's dumb. He should be rallying the democratic base as much as the Republican. That's what Ron did. If Rand attacks Hillary, he'll paint himself as cookie cutter Republican to the moderates.

People experienced in these things on the Republican side are probably ecstatic he's fighting with Hillary. He'll lose his democratic support and when it comes time for the primaries then the Republicans will turn on him too and show their true colors.

rich34
04-22-2015, 01:31 PM
I just went out to try and find the video from this morning, but not so surprising the one video that is posted by "House Republicans" cut off the discussion right before Joe brings up Grahmans comments on Rand. Obviously Ryan's comments were not anti Rand so they chose to cut that portion out. Go figure...

Mr.NoSmile
04-22-2015, 01:42 PM
I just went out to try and find the video from this morning, but not so surprising the one video that is posted by "House Republicans" cut off the discussion right before Joe brings up Grahmans comments on Rand. Obviously Ryan's comments were not anti Rand so they chose to cut that portion out. Go figure...

Conspiracy theorist much? If his comment on Paul isn't related to the much larger discussion, there'd be no reason to include it. That and you didn't post any video, so there's no way to know what video you searched and where you even searched it. Regardless, here it is on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUcAFnUOzwo

Seriously, there's always gotta be some media conspiracy...

rich34
04-22-2015, 01:43 PM
I don't think Rand should attack Hillary. It's dumb. He should be rallying the democratic base as much as the Republican. That's what Ron did. If Rand attacks Hillary, he'll paint himself as cookie cutter Republican to the moderates.

People experienced in these things on the Republican side are probably ecstatic he's fighting with Hillary. He'll lose his democratic support and when it comes time for the primaries then the Republicans will turn on him too and show their true colors.

Well, this wasn't about Rand attacking Hillary it was about Lindsey Grahamn attacking Rand yesterday and Joe trying to get Paul Ryan to join in doing so also, but Ryan refused and actually came out sounding pro Rand which is why I suppose the youtube video has that portion cut out.

None the less Rand must win the primary before worrying about the general and imo it would be best to use Hillary as a punching bag instead of other republicans until the time is right and he has to. I'd worry more about attacking other republicans right now lest you give them the fodder to attack our guy with the "Rand's breaking Reagan's 11th commandment" rhetoric. I'd hypothesize that's why Grahamn/King is potentially getting into the race simply to antagonize Rand into attacking them making him look "un Reagan like" while also trying to make him look weak/an isolationist on foreign policy. Rand's in a touch position, but if there is anyone that can pull this off it's him!

rich34
04-22-2015, 01:47 PM
Conspiracy theorist much? If his comment on Paul isn't related to the much larger discussion, there'd be no reason to include it. That and you didn't post any video, so there's no way to know what video you searched and where you even searched it. Regardless, here it is on YouTube:

No no not at all, thank you for posting the video. But no the video I found did not have the exchange between Joe and Ryan on Rand Paul and Lindsey Grahamn. I'm on a phone and was not easily able to post the video much less search for it. My main intent was simply to point out that Ryan didn't come off sounding anti Rand like so many others have. Which to me was a surprise especially considering his governor is running for president. That's all.

eleganz
04-22-2015, 01:58 PM

He won't lose much, when he's attacking Hillary right now he is angering the base that won't vote for him anyways. Typical voters that he'll need to swing in the general don't pay too much attention this early.

The amount of good will he's building with the GOP is worth the shit he's getting from the left, because he was going to get it anyways regardless of what he did.

eleganz
04-22-2015, 02:00 PM

Can someone capture and re-upload the video with a MUCH better title like "Paul Ryan defends Rand against neocon attacks" or "Paul Ryan fends off MSM attacks against Rand Paul"

We must control the narrative, plus we don't have to give Joe anymore views than he deserves.

Mr.NoSmile
04-22-2015, 02:31 PM
Can someone capture and re-upload the video with a MUCH better title like "Paul Ryan defends Rand against neocon attacks" or "Paul Ryan fends off MSM attacks against Rand Paul"

We must control the narrative, plus we don't have to give Joe anymore views than he deserves.

That's not really the focus of the video at all, so you'd be better asking someone to save and edit the video to only include the portion of Paul Ryan talking about Rand Paul.

rich34
04-22-2015, 02:53 PM
That's not really the focus of the video at all, so you'd be better asking someone to save and edit the video to only include the portion of Paul Ryan talking about Rand Paul.

Thats true he was there to talk only about the new trade deal they got going on in congress right now, but Joe obviously couldnt resist his urge to hit Rand on foreign policy but when it failed you could obviously see his frustration not being able to deliver some sound bites of golden boy Ryan knocking Rand on foreign policy. Makes you wonder if he lost some incentive money.... sacarasm :-)

economics102
04-22-2015, 03:12 PM

Rand is primarily attacking Hillary on crossover issues, like foreign policy, civil liberties, and trustworthiness. Those are the big crossover issues. His strategy makes sense.

georgiaboy
04-22-2015, 03:13 PM
I haven't seen it posted so I thought I'd share the exchange between Scarburogh and Paul Ryan this morning on morning Joe. Scarborugh brought up Lindsey Grahmns sp... comments on Rand Paul and how he'd actually vote for Hillary over Rand.

If Lindsey said that, then he's dead to GOP primary voters. Billary over Rand? no. just no.

Sola_Fide
04-22-2015, 03:52 PM
If Lindsey said that, then he's dead to GOP primary voters. Billary over Rand? no. just no.

Lindsey said that Hillary would be better on Iran than Rand.

asurfaholic
04-22-2015, 03:58 PM

Said no political expert ever.

65fastback2+2
04-22-2015, 04:01 PM

disagree...you want to appeal to the dem's that are for less wars and less death of Americans. By painting Hillary as a warmonger (via libya, benghazi, etc.) you are appealing to a huge part of the democrat pie.

dannno
04-22-2015, 04:05 PM
Paul Ryan and Lindsey Graham have much different goals.

rich34
04-22-2015, 08:00 PM
Hell i wonder how much of a shot Rand has at getting an endorsement Ryan? I know I know, would probably damn near have to offer the VP slot to him but damn that could work wonders especially in Iowa.

r3volution 3.0
04-22-2015, 08:17 PM

The primaries come first, and attacking the presumptive Democratic nominee is a great way to excite the GOP base and to make oneself appear as the frontrunner.

...that's why everybody does it, it's low-hanging fruit.

As for the general, Dems aren't going to vote for Rand because he was nice to Hillary in the primaries. Any who vote for him will vote for him because of his positions on war and civil liberties, and attacking Hillary actually helps with this (since she's unpopular precisely amongst the anti-war, pro-civil-liberties wing of the Democratic party).

anaconda
04-22-2015, 08:27 PM
I have come to loathe Joe Scarborough.