PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Candidate Rand Paul Impresses at the NY Bitcoin Event

jct74
04-21-2015, 11:04 AM
Presidential Candidate Rand Paul Impresses at the NY Bitcoin Event

By nikhil gupta
Apr 21, 2015 5:30PM BST

Presidential candidate Rand Paul graced the 19th April Bitcoin event held at the Union League Club and left the attendees highly impressed with his thoughts on the cryptocurrency. The event was hosted by the Bitcoin Center NYC and a start-up incubator Blockchain Technologies Corp.

Rand Paul is the running the first presidential campaign ever to accept Bitcoin in donations.

Since the event was not publicly promoted by the campaign management team, the remarks from the events will not be released, said Sergio Gor, spokesperson for Paul’s campaign. However, the social media was abuzz with details regarding the event.

An attendee Paul Hanson @PaulHansonNY tweeted on April 20, 2015: “Rand was brief but on-point in his remarks. Very exciting to see our next president in person.” Another twitter user Avishai/Jacob Cohen @vichispeaks tweeted one of Paul’s event remarks: “I’m open to technology, I’m open to innovation.”

On being quizzed about Bitcoin regulation and national security, Paul said, “Important to keep innovation in US.”

read more:
http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/04/21/presidential-candidate-rand-paul-impresses-at-the-ny-bitcoin-event/

garyallen59
04-21-2015, 12:14 PM
I think it's awesome that Rand is accepting bitcoin donations. I think the campaign should also put out an iPhone and android app as well.

jct74
04-21-2015, 02:12 PM
Rand Paul Chides 'Naysayers' Who Want to Regulate Bitcoin

by COLIN WILHELM
APR 21, 2015 3:21pm ET

Presidential candidate Rand Paul describes himself as a politician who bridges old ideas and new technology, and he sought to get that message across at a fundraising get-together with Bitcoin enthusiasts this week.

"I'm not an expert on Bitcoin, but I'm open to new technology," Paul told a small but intent crowd of mostly twenty- and thirty-somethings at the Union League Club in New York on Sunday. "To me it's intriguing to actually eliminate cost somehow in the transfer of money and buying things."

His backdrop was a room steeped in the history of the Republican Party, including portraits of a mutton-chopped Chester A. Arthur, bushy-bearded Rutherford B. Hayes and other, more recent Republican presidents. Yet there were modern wrinkles, like the banner displayed behind Paul of the logos of Bitcoin-based companies.

The Kentucky senator, one of a large field of candidates chasing the GOP nomination, said that he became more interested in the technology behind the cryptocurrency after reading Netscape co-founder and Silicon Valley venture capitalist Marc Andreessen's take on the payments potential for digital currencies and blockchains.

read more:
http://www.americanbanker.com/news/bank-technology/rand-paul-chides-naysayers-who-want-to-regulate-bitcoin-1073906-1.html

philipped
04-21-2015, 03:17 PM
I think it's awesome that Rand is accepting bitcoin donations. I think the campaign should also put out an iPhone and android app as well.

Texas office + Cali (tech specific) office coming in May of this year = The rest of the year both of those spots lowkey create the monster that will be put out weeks before IA caucus end of the year christmas flow and it'll be an app to have all the grassroots tools needed for any life long activist or deeply passionate under aged voter to canvass for Rand.

Only logical thing to do if you ask me. :)

FSP-Rebel
04-21-2015, 04:08 PM
Bitcoin and blockchain technology goes hand in hand w/ Rand's social media and digital campaign that's being undertaken. And, getting tight w/ Andreesen and his VC crowd by calling for innovation and limiting regulation is a default liberty position. Not to mention, those that have Bitcoins or are successful startup ventures in the ecosystem will be well off in due time.

eleganz
04-21-2015, 04:54 PM
Texas office + Cali (tech specific) office coming in May of this year = The rest of the year both of those spots lowkey create the monster that will be put out weeks before IA caucus end of the year christmas flow and it'll be an app to have all the grassroots tools needed for any life long activist or deeply passionate under aged voter to canvass for Rand.

Only logical thing to do if you ask me. :)

Whatever platform they will choose, will definitely have a corresponding app to go with it. Nation builder, voter gravity, etc...are all great platforms that I'm sure the campaign is considering to carry out the behemoth campaign.

I doubt there will be a Rand specific app.

BrianF
04-21-2015, 07:00 PM
Awhile back the Austin office was hiring people experienced with app development. It would seem to suggest they are building an app.

Inkblots
04-21-2015, 07:06 PM
Awhile back the Austin office was hiring people experienced with app development. It would seem to suggest they are building an app.

Good to know. And if I haven't said it to you already, welcome to the forum.

jct74
04-22-2015, 08:24 PM
here's some tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb_sWia4KeQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb_sWia4KeQ