PDA

View Full Version : US warships to blockade Iranian arms from getting into Yemen

UWDude
04-20-2015, 09:27 PM
Looks like the US has chosen Saudi Arabia in the sunni vs Shia war.

In a stepped-up response to Iranian backing of Shiite rebels in Yemen, the Navy aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt is steaming toward the waters off Yemen to beef up security and join other American ships that are prepared to intercept any Iranian vessels carrying weapons to the Houthi rebels.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-warship-heads-yemeni-waters-block-iranian-weapons-182036698--politics.html

Better start teachin' the kids to duck and cover.

phill4paul
04-20-2015, 10:59 PM
We just can't quit them....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Biggerfoot/bushandprince2.jpg

anaconda
04-20-2015, 11:50 PM
How does the U.S. know what's on board? Regardless, this sounds like an undeclared act of war by the U.S.

RickyJ
04-20-2015, 11:59 PM
How does the U.S. know what's on board? Regardless, this sounds like an undeclared act of war by the U.S.
War against Yemen. Here I thought WW3 might start because of war mongers targeting of Iran and Ukraine, never thought it could be Yemen. I guess Iran is pissed off enough to not give a damn anymore, they are going to help their allies in Yemen against Saudi and American aggression despite the risks to their national security from US and Israeli warmongers.

twomp
04-21-2015, 01:43 AM
Last week, the Pentagon joined in the naval blockade of Yemen slightly, with a US ship boarding a Panamanian cargo ship they accused of having Iranian weapons on board. They didn’t find any.

Now, the US is doubling down, adding the USS Theodore Roosevelt, an aircraft carrier, along with several support ships, nominally to stop the weapons shipments that neither they, nor any of their allies, have been able to prove are happening.

The naval blockade of Yemen has so far had the impact of keeping humanitarian aid ships from docking several places, and has forced several food ships to park off coast, for weeks on end, awaiting assorted permissions to dock.

The desert-heavy nation of Yemen imports over 90% of its food, and that is almost entirely by ship. The naval blockade has slowed those shipments, and in many cases cargo companies are refusing to even attempt to deliver, since the navies involved in the blockade seem to leave them waiting off coast forever for deliveries that weren’t necessarily the highest paying to start with.

http://news.antiwar.com/2015/04/20/us-carrier-warships-head-to-yemen-to-join-naval-blockade/

AngryCanadian
04-21-2015, 03:17 AM
US warship heads to Yemeni waters; could block Iran weapons (http://news.yahoo.com/us-warship-heads-yemeni-waters-block-iranian-weapons-182036698--politics.html)

In a stepped-up response to Iranian backing of Shiite rebels in Yemen, the Navy aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt is steaming toward the waters off Yemen to beef up security and join other American ships that are prepared to intercept any Iranian vessels carrying weapons to the Houthi rebels.

The deployment comes after a U.N. Security Council resolution approved last week imposed an arms embargo on leaders of the Iranian-backed Shiite Houthi rebels. The resolution passed in a 14-0 vote with Russia abstaining.

The U.S. supports the Saudi campaign.

Since the American government supports the Saudi murdering campaign in Yemen that also means they support the ISIS there that are also attacking the Shiite Houthi.
The ISIS are driven by the same Gulf arab states whom want the Houthi dead.

This is such a bad move.

ClydeCoulter
04-21-2015, 02:44 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High minded mu****fu****s!

AngryCanadian
04-21-2015, 03:57 PM
I already posted this.

04-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Typical brinkmanship. Nothing will come of it.

How bout we just stay out of it? Not our problem. We don't need Saudi oil anymore anyway. We have our own now.

Sola_Fide
04-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Hey! A new war! I was wondering why the military base in my town was so busy right now.