PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Graham Takes Shot at Paul: ‘I’m Not Focusing on Kids Who Smoke Dope’

jct74
04-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Lindsey Graham Takes Shot at Paul: ‘I’m Not Focusing on Kids Who Smoke Dope’

by Josh Feldman | 8:19 pm, April 20th, 2015

Senator Lindsey Graham agrees with his colleague Rand Paul on outreach, but said today he’s doing more than just reaching out to “kids who smoke dope in their parents’ basement.”

Graham has been incredibly critical of Paul in the past, and recently he said he’s on the same side as his libertarian brethren, he just wants to do more than “yell.”

And in an interview with The Wall Street Journal, out today, Graham said it’s healthy for Republicans like him and Paul to fight it out over foreign policy. He asked, “Is it going to be the party of Ron Paul’s son or Ronald Reagan? At the end of the day that’s a fight worth having.”

But he also couldn’t help but take a bit of a shot at who Paul’s appealing to:

“I think he’s right to try to connect with young people. I’m not focusing on kids who smoke dope in their parents’ basement. I’m focused on young farmers, young lawyers, young real estate agents, young subway shop owners. He’s a libertarian. I’m not selling libertarianism to young people. I’m selling conservativism to young people.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/lindsey-graham-takes-shot-at-paul-im-not-focusing-on-kids-who-smoke-dope/

orenbus
04-20-2015, 06:56 PM
What a dick, seriously.

Kotin
04-20-2015, 07:00 PM
selling implies consent and choice.. you are shoving your tyrannical bullshit ideology down all of our throats..

otherone
04-20-2015, 07:02 PM
I’m not selling libertarianism to young people. I’m selling conservativism to young people.”

Buyer's remorse:
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.2nYZ4taFi8wsDB5zEcgYow&pid=15.1&P=0

Sola_Fide
04-20-2015, 07:05 PM
http://www.mediaite.com/online/lindsey-graham-takes-shot-at-paul-im-not-focusing-on-kids-who-smoke-dope/

What a piece of garbage this guy is.

LatinsforPaul
04-20-2015, 07:05 PM
We literally need to get this man "out of the closet" and fast. On second thought, make that after the SC primaries to split the Neocon vote there. That's of course if he makes it that far. :p

libertyplz
04-20-2015, 07:13 PM
I'd assume "don't attack down" applies here, but I would love to see Rand tear into this guy, though that is probably what he (Graham) wants. He is clearly trying to get Rand's attention and draw a response.

RonPaul4Prez2012
04-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Miss Lindsey Graham is nothing but a big turd on a stick

pacodever
04-20-2015, 07:31 PM
I’m focused on young farmers, young lawyers, young real estate agents, young subway shop owners.

And failing miserably. 50% of Americans have smoked marijuana. The overwhelming majority of Millenials (born 1981-1997) support legalization (68%) and already comprise a significant and growing proportion of those young farmers, lawyers, real estate agents, and small business owners/managers. And they certainly don't want their friends and family members going to jail.

Many of us fought your goddamn wars too, so we're not buying more of that either.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/14/6-facts-about-marijuana/

squirl22
04-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Lindsey strategy: run for POTUS solely to win SC primary and stop Rand along with holding sway over SC delegation to convention. Remember, SC is a huge military state. Lots of defense dollars going there..why else does Graham keep getting elected? He represents the military/industrial complex...he brings big bucks into the state....big time...the dudes must really be scared of losing some dollars if Rand gets the nomination and thus elected ('cause it's a Republican year). Rand has a big fight on his hands; big dollars and big power trying to stop him. Hope he stays strong.

r3volution 3.0
04-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Lindsey strategy: run for POTUS solely to win SC primary and stop Rand along with holding sway over SC delegation to convention. Remember, SC is a huge military state. Lots of defense dollars going there..why else does Graham keep getting elected? He represents the military/industrial complex...he brings big bucks into the state....big time...the dudes must really be scared of losing some dollars if Rand gets the nomination and thus elected ('cause it's a Republican year). Rand has a big fight on his hands; big dollars and big power trying to stop him. Hope he stays strong.

I hope he wins SC, that would be awesome.

I don't think Rand's likely to win anyway, and then a real rival won't get the delegates.

hells_unicorn
04-20-2015, 08:02 PM
On the one hand, Graham's conduct is to be expected given the following:

1. He's an adolescent puke on the inside, regardless of how old he happens to be.
2. We've made life for him unpleasant, don't forget how he'd been censured by his own party. You know, a woman scorned and all that junk.
3. Closeted ***** tend to have passive/aggressive issues.
4. He has a lot of blood money *cough* military spending projects to protect. Enemies will fight when challenged.

In keeping with all of this, the best thing that Rand Paul can do is stay on message and keep his eye on the ball, namely Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton. All the lower life-forms can ferment for the time being.

GunnyFreedom
04-20-2015, 08:06 PM
I know how to sell SC.

SC and particularly Charleston has been plunged closer to poverty on account of base closures. Rand's policy of increased readiness, closer to home will re-open SC bases and bring billions in revenue back to the state, along with a much larger population of our brave men and women in the service of our country.

Jeremy
04-20-2015, 09:08 PM
One the biggest failures of our movement is that it's 2015 and Lindsey Graham is still in the Senate. We need to do better in 2020.

JohnGalt1225
04-20-2015, 09:15 PM
Lindsay is really itching for a fight with Rand. Constant attention whoring. He's like that clingy chick who won't go away. If Lindsay really thinks that young kids are going to go for her alleged "conservatism" then he has another thing coming. I also resent that scumbag labeling herself a "conservative." Massive government spying, police state actions, drug warring, and never ending warfare are NOT conservative.

GunnyFreedom
04-20-2015, 09:20 PM
Lindsay is really itching for a fight with Rand. Constant attention whoring. He's like that clingy chick who won't go away. If Lindsay really thinks that young kids are going to go for her alleged "conservatism" then he has another thing coming. I also resent that scumbag labeling herself a "conservative." Massive government spying, police state actions, drug warring, and never ending warfare are NOT conservative.

To be fair, it's platform conserves a state of perpetual war, and it conserves the bank accounts of conservatism's biggest donors. So there's that. :p

Brett85
04-20-2015, 09:20 PM
It's hard to believe that Rand actually played golf with Lindsey once. I read that somewhere.

GunnyFreedom
04-20-2015, 09:26 PM
It's hard to believe that Rand actually played golf with Lindsey once. I read that somewhere.

In my head I picture it like Ty Webb (Chevy Chase) of Caddyshack vs the snivelling rich guy.

http://reho.st/http://www.pgatour.com/data/img/legacyimport/articles/2010/r/07/22/caddyshack-30th/ty-judge.jpg

milgram
04-20-2015, 10:49 PM
Lindsey and Christie should start a group for Gynecomastiacs Against Marijuana.

RickyJ
04-20-2015, 10:55 PM
What Lindsey fails to realize is that most dope smokers aren't kids and they do vote. I never have done any illegal drugs, don't drink or smoke and rarely ever take even an aspirin, but it is obvious to me alcohol is a much more dangerous drug than marijuana, and no one would even try to make it illegal again. Lindsey is speaking to the older generation here, the one that miraculously votes even after they die.

William Tell
04-20-2015, 11:01 PM
I hope he wins SC, that would be awesome.

I don't think Rand's likely to win anyway, and then a real rival won't get the delegates.
Rand is going to get 2 or 3 Congressional endorsements from South Carolina. That's better than in any of the other states besides KY. Writing SC off now and saying you hope Lindsey wins it is short sighted.

r3volution 3.0
04-20-2015, 11:08 PM
Rand is going to get 2 or 3 Congressional endorsements from South Carolina. That's better than in any of the other states besides KY. Writing SC off now and saying you hope Lindsey wins it is short sighted.

You're right, it's too early to say anything definitive re Rand's odds in SC.

So, allow me to rephrase:

IF Rand doesn't win SC, I hope an incompetent one-state wonder like Ms. Lindsey does, so as to deny any real challenger the momentum and delegates.

P.S. This why it surprises me that it looks like she's actually going to run. She will draw exactly zero (0) of Rand's votes, she'll only draw votes from his rivals. I guess it'll just be for the additional media attention.

Christian Liberty
04-20-2015, 11:10 PM
What a piece of garbage this guy is.

Lindsey Graham. But of course #theonomyistyrannical.

Anti Federalist
04-20-2015, 11:12 PM
He asked, “Is it going to be the party of Ron Paul’s son or Ronald Reagan?"

Reagan sat down numerous times with Soviet leaders to engage them with diplomacy.

When 200+ Marines were killed in Lebanon, he withdrew.

r3volution 3.0
04-20-2015, 11:15 PM
^^^

Not to mention that Rand's father was sitting down with Reagan while Lindsey's philosophical predecessors were attacking him in the press for being soft on defense.

https://thereaganwing.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/ron_paul_reagan_3.jpg

William Tell
04-20-2015, 11:24 PM
^^^

Not to mention that Rand's father was sitting down with Reagan while Lindsey's philosophical predecessors were attacking him in the press for being soft on defense.

https://thereaganwing.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/ron_paul_reagan_3.jpg

Yep. Although I am sick of the Reagan worship, Rand can claim the mantle far more accurately than the Hawks.

TheGrinch
04-20-2015, 11:40 PM
What Lindsey fails to realize is that most dope smokers aren't kids and they do vote. I never have done any illegal drugs, don't drink or smoke and rarely ever take even an aspirin, but it is obvious to me alcohol is a much more dangerous drug than marijuana, and no one would even try to make it illegal again. Lindsey is speaking to the older generation here, the one that miraculously votes even after they die.

There's nothing he doesn't realize. There is zero doubt in my mind that graham knows he has no chance, that running on his and McCain's platform is a losing proposition.

He is being funded for no other reason than to create doubt against Rand. This has happened plenty of times in history I'm sure, but never has it been so obvious.

twomp
04-21-2015, 12:17 AM
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you...

muh_roads
04-21-2015, 12:19 AM
If Rand continues to focus on Hillary instead of other GOP contenders, he will probably look like he is taking the high road to some primary voters.

RickyJ
04-21-2015, 12:29 AM
There's nothing he doesn't realize. There is zero doubt in my mind that graham knows he has no chance, that running on his and McCain's platform is a losing proposition.

He is being funded for no other reason than to create doubt against Rand. This has happened plenty of times in history I'm sure, but never has it been so obvious.

He is a US Senator, he doesn't need to run for president to say anything he wants to about any of the candidates and have the media broadcast and/or print it.

Kilrain
04-21-2015, 12:57 AM
Kids who smoke dope>>>>>>>>A dope who smokes kids.

And I say that as someone who dislikes "drug" use a lot. I like my drugs the old-fashioned way, alcohol and tobacco.

GunnyFreedom
04-21-2015, 01:10 AM
The presumption that only dope-smokers care about a government that obeys the Constitution is foul. Someone should ask Lindsey Graham why he hates the Constitution so much that he would paint the people who support and defend it like that.

anaconda
04-21-2015, 01:13 AM
What a dick, seriously.

When I see photos of YAL or young CFL people they always look quite clean cut and straight laced. Not likely pot smokers. Clearly the libertarian impetus to end the war on drugs has nothing to do with their personal desire to use pot legally. Graham just seems like a naive moron trying to infer that this is the case. Or he must think he has a terribly naive base of support.

GunnyFreedom
04-21-2015, 01:23 AM
When I see photos of YAL or young CFL people they always look quite clean cut and straight laced. Not likely pot smokers. Clearly the libertarian impetus to end the war on drugs has nothing to do with their personal desire to use pot legally. Graham just seems like a naive moron trying to infer that this is the case. Or he must think he has a terribly naive base of support.

No, he's trying to craft the nation's perception of "people who support Paul." It will backfire when people actually meet Paul supporters, but he thinks he's scoring points right now.

anaconda
04-21-2015, 01:50 AM
No, he's trying to craft the nation's perception of "people who support Paul." It will backfire when people actually meet Paul supporters, but he thinks he's scoring points right now.

Do people think that CPAC attendees are stoners? Seems like anyone who watches cable news would have already seen that this is not the case.

GunnyFreedom
04-21-2015, 02:49 AM
Do people think that CPAC attendees are stoners? Seems like anyone who watches cable news would have already seen that this is not the case.

I don't think most GOP Primary voters would know a CPAC if they accidentally walked into it.

Weston White
04-21-2015, 04:56 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/56504522.jpg

asurfaholic
04-21-2015, 07:15 AM
This really speaks volumes about Lindsey Graham's character. He is a priveledged belittleling, condescending little cunt.

As a non pot smoker I don't believe rands main appeal is to pot smoking kids in their mom's basement. There is the whole group of people who are sick of Washington politics as usual, and that probably makes up the majority of it.

Ronin Truth
04-21-2015, 07:56 AM
Are you focusing on anonymous bath house gay sex, Lindsey?

philipped
04-21-2015, 08:52 AM
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you...

This.

Sola_Fide
04-21-2015, 09:03 AM
This really speaks volumes about Lindsey Graham's character. He is a priveledged belittleling, condescending little cunt.

As a non pot smoker I don't believe rands main appeal is to pot smoking kids in their mom's basement. There is the whole group of people who are sick of Washington politics as usual, and that probably makes up the majority of it.

As a non drug user, and someone who wants all drugs legalized, I agree.

buck000
04-21-2015, 09:14 AM
When I see photos of YAL or young CFL people they always look quite clean cut and straight laced. Not likely pot smokers.

As a teenager back in the 70s, I hung with preppy folks who looked squeaky clean, but who were FAR wilder than any stoner-looking dude (Hunter S. Thompson was a big hero or theirs/ours). It occurred to me that they were wilder because 1) they had well-off parents who could bail them out if need be; 2) they didn't really attract immediate judgement from the LEOs because of their appearance.

I'd like for Herr Graham to meet certain dope-fiend kids and their parents (http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/07/health/charlotte-child-medical-marijuana/index.html) and try to look them in the eye and peddle his crap.

TheGrinch
04-21-2015, 09:23 AM
He is a US Senator, he doesn't need to run for president to say anything he wants to about any of the candidates and have the media broadcast and/or print it.

No, he's been doing that for a while.

But being in the debates and the national conversation in a presidential race, that gives you a louder voice. Voters dont really gives a shit what Graham has to say anymore from his Senate seat.

It isn't like Ron didn't make gains by running and debating, right?

You really think Graham looked at the abysmal polling numbers, and said, sure I can win?

He is there yo harp the neocon rhetoric, raise doubt and create wedges, plain and simple.

angelatc
04-21-2015, 09:28 AM
"Lindsey Graham Takes Shot at Paul: ‘I’m Not Focusing on Kids Who Smoke Dope’ (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?473290-Lindsey-Graham-Takes-Shot-at-Paul-%91I%92m-Not-Focusing-on-Kids-Who-Smoke-Dope%92)"
Although he is all for literally targeting kids who do nothing more than live on the other side of the world.

rich34
04-21-2015, 09:58 AM
The Bush folks are spending a shit ton of money simply to run interference for Jeb to keep him from having to engage in these battles letting their lapdogs do it for him. The little bit I've seen that man on tv I just ask myself how anyone could vote for that bobble headed idiot. Whether slight of hand or simply outright media manipulation imo it's going to be a helluva lot harder getting Jeb into the White House than it was George. When comparing the two on a presentation level George actually fairs far better than Jeb. Sad thing is Jeb is suppose to be the smarter one, but imo obviously lacks charisma. They're going to hit Rand from all sides of what they perceive to be the republican demographics, Rubio, Cruz, and Graham while good ole Mr. integrity keeps his hands clean. I can see it from Rubio and Graham, but Cruz ought to be ashamed of himself, but of course he's not. That fucking opportunistic sloth...

tennman
04-21-2015, 02:59 PM
Actually, Ronald Reagan thought a lot of Ron Paul. That guy just attacked the wrong candidate. Ron and Rand are like family to me because of m admiration of them. But I think it's a net gain for Rand. Republicans are breaking pro-pot these days since they're seeing the government overreaching everywhere.

ThePaleoLibertarian
04-21-2015, 03:07 PM
Yeah, who cares about all those nonviolent "offenders" who are currently being raped by packs of ghetto savages and white trash "Aryans"? They voluntarily out a substance into their own bodies! They deserve everything they get!

squirl22
04-27-2015, 06:48 PM
What a dick, seriously.

Are you sure ....he has one?