PDA

View Full Version : Kelly File: Rand's pushback on abortion has turned into big moment in 2016 race

jct74
04-18-2015, 09:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Y2IrLdfQo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Y2IrLdfQo

GunnyFreedom
04-18-2015, 10:07 AM
they are still talking about this?

I mean, I thought the re-frame was a big tootin deal too but I expected the media to let it die. This is a good omen.

philipped
04-18-2015, 10:19 AM
He's able to re establish positioning for everyone on this issue, and gives pro-choice people a little something to think about, along the lines of "How Pro-choice are you?" This is paying off more than I thought it told tbh.

GunnyFreedom
04-18-2015, 10:22 AM
wonder what a primary poll of social conservatives will reveal now....

So pay attention: we master the art of re-framing the debate, we win the debates.

Valli6
04-18-2015, 11:18 AM
I'm waiting for the media to admit he's not "prickly", but assertive -
and this is necessary in order to express a perspective no one else has thought of.

hells_unicorn
04-19-2015, 12:05 PM
This is a thing of beauty, the entire way the media is forced to actually give credit where credit is due. And in case anyone is wondering, the reason why this is lasting so long is precisely because Schultz can not answer this question in a satisfactory way without alienating either a sweeping majority of the country or a significant chunk of the fringe social progressives of the Democratic Party.

This was a brilliant pivot by Rand, and we will hopefully see him do this masterfully well on foreign policy issues when the primary debates begin.

RonPaul4Prez2012
04-19-2015, 12:11 PM
Listening to Meygan Kellys voice makes me ill. I had to turn it off after 5 seconds.

surf
04-19-2015, 02:49 PM
I sure hope "choice" doesn't become a big issue because i'm already in a hole with my democrat friends on this. "rape and incest" and other items.... I can't win that argument.

tennman
04-19-2015, 03:10 PM
I sure hope "choice" doesn't become a big issue because i'm already in a hole with my democrat friends on this. "rape and incest" and other items.... I can't win that argument.

Those are just "gotcha" questions. They're just to muddy things up to distract from the issue. Such situations are in the extreme minority of abortions that actually happen.

But I would suggest asking them this:

If I were to tell you that my mother was raped and that I am, therefore, a product of a rape, is my life worthless? They would answer, "No," and say that your life has value. Then I would ask, what about when I was 10 years old? 2 years old? 6 months old? A newborn?

Therein is the issue. At what point does a human life not have value and can simply be tossed out like trash? Are children's value determined by who their parents were or do they have value simply because they are a human being?

One of the things Huckabee said that I agreed with was that what frustrated him about the pro-abortion folks was that they seemed so uninterested in the life in the womb. There was such a lack of caution or curiosity. No moment is given to be careful and avoid taking an innocent life. There was a just a rush to an abortion and a push for more abortions.

We really need to look at this issue with fresh eyes. As a libertarian, I stand for protecting the lives of others. For nonviolence when possible. When a human life is dismissed as being literally of no value, it should be disturbing! And this argument that it's the "woman's body" is just wrong because there's more than one body. There are literally two skeletons, two hearts, and two brains. Why is one completely ignored?

I have a close friend who was pro-abortion until she became a mother and she saw behind the "curtain" of abortion. Now she's a defender of the unborn.

As libertarians, I think we should be just that. No one should get to say that a certain human life doesn't matter. That's a tenant of libertarianism in my opinion. I'm glad that Rand is taking this stand and not apologizing or backing down.

mosquitobite
04-19-2015, 03:14 PM

Why is one side allowed an extreme position but the other side is not?

This is the reframing that Rand has masterly done!

Why is it considered extreme to allow NO exceptions, but only on one end of the debate?

No exeptions <----------------------------------------------------------->no exeptions
pro-life .................................................. ................................. pro-choice

tennman
04-19-2015, 03:25 PM
Why is one side allowed an extreme position but the other side is not?

This is the reframing that Rand has masterly done!

Why is it considered extreme to allow NO exceptions, but only on one end of the debate?

No exeptions <----------------------------------------------------------->no exeptions
pro-life .................................................. ................................. pro-choice

Well said! That should be a meme!

The Free Hornet
04-20-2015, 12:02 AM
He's able to re establish positioning for everyone on this issue, and gives pro-choice people a little something to think about, along the lines of "How Pro-choice are you?" This is paying off more than I thought it told tbh.

With VERY few exceptions, the so-called pro-life movement is 100% pro-choice WRT the mother whom they keep free from all legal consequence in the killing of her children.

Hey Rand campaign!!! Don't get sucked in too deep in a culture war issue. Take your shots and get out and stay out. Let the immoral nutbags promote the AMA and medical monopolies.

satchelmcqueen
04-20-2015, 09:27 AM
video wont play. utube account has been terminated.

jmdrake
04-20-2015, 10:48 AM
video wont play. utube account has been terminated.

Dang! Someone's working overtime to take down pro Rand media coverage. From now on when we post a good pro Rand youtube we should download and archive it as well.

65fastback2+2
04-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Those are just "gotcha" questions. They're just to muddy things up to distract from the issue. Such situations are in the extreme minority of abortions that actually happen.

But I would suggest asking them this:

If I were to tell you that my mother was raped and that I am, therefore, a product of a rape, is my life worthless? They would answer, "No," and say that your life has value. Then I would ask, what about when I was 10 years old? 2 years old? 6 months old? A newborn?

Therein is the issue. At what point does a human life not have value and can simply be tossed out like trash? Are children's value determined by who their parents were or do they have value simply because they are a human being?

One of the things Huckabee said that I agreed with was that what frustrated him about the pro-abortion folks was that they seemed so uninterested in the life in the womb. There was such a lack of caution or curiosity. No moment is given to be careful and avoid taking an innocent life. There was a just a rush to an abortion and a push for more abortions.

We really need to look at this issue with fresh eyes. As a libertarian, I stand for protecting the lives of others. For nonviolence when possible. When a human life is dismissed as being literally of no value, it should be disturbing! And this argument that it's the "woman's body" is just wrong because there's more than one body. There are literally two skeletons, two hearts, and two brains. Why is one completely ignored?

I have a close friend who was pro-abortion until she became a mother and she saw behind the "curtain" of abortion. Now she's a defender of the unborn.

As libertarians, I think we should be just that. No one should get to say that a certain human life doesn't matter. That's a tenant of libertarianism in my opinion. I'm glad that Rand is taking this stand and not apologizing or backing down.

full on bingo

i dont care how the life was made...it is just as valuable as any other life. in the actual debate, how it was made is a moot point really.