PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh: Rand Paul has done something no other Republican has done before

jct74
04-16-2015, 10:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwIKjK1n8Ak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwIKjK1n8Ak

hells_unicorn
04-16-2015, 11:52 AM
It's refreshing to hear Limbaugh not be wrong about something, he's made a habit of that over the past 15 years, beginning when he started playing defense for the Bush family in spite of their big government tendencies.

brushfire
04-16-2015, 12:05 PM
Interesting

fisharmor
04-16-2015, 12:13 PM
It's refreshing to hear Limbaugh not be wrong about something, he's made a habit of that over the past 15 years, beginning when he started playing defense for the Bush family in spite of their big government tendencies.

He's still wrong in this clip.
Rush doesn't care about the fetus, he doesn't care about whether the state has any business regulating abortion, and he certainly made it clear at the end that he doesn't care about Rand Paul.

The only thing Rush cares about is that a Democrat got embarrassed.

Forgive me for not seeing that as a solid foundation for good governance.

jct74
04-16-2015, 12:56 PM
Mike Gallagher was talking about this on yesterday's show too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAgDmWCQhp0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAgDmWCQhp0

FriedChicken
04-16-2015, 01:31 PM
Rush doesn't care about the fetus, he doesn't care about whether the state has any business regulating abortion, and he certainly made it clear at the end that he doesn't care about Rand Paul.

If what you said is 100% correct ... I don't see how that makes what Rush said to be wrong.
He was right.
The dems use this issue, in conjunction with the media, to make republicans tongue tied while they hold a position that goes against the opinion of 80% of Americans.
Rand forced them to face that and Rush gave him credit for it.

The disclaimer at the end wasn't an insult to Rand, he was just pointing out that he wasn't endorsing Rand Paul by saying any of this.

fisharmor
04-16-2015, 02:09 PM
If what you said is 100% correct ... I don't see how that makes what Rush said to be wrong.
He was right.
The dems use this issue, in conjunction with the media, to make republicans tongue tied while they hold a position that goes against the opinion of 80% of Americans.
Rand forced them to face that and Rush gave him credit for it.

The disclaimer at the end wasn't an insult to Rand, he was just pointing out that he wasn't endorsing Rand Paul by saying any of this.

That entire clip is about nothing other than scoring political points. It's not about making a statement for how we ought to be governed. It's not about taking a stand on an issue that actually affects us every day.

Rush is wrong because at no point in his clip did he do anything to try to better society or educate his audience. At this point the man has had a quarter century to get his listeners up to speed - to try to get them to break out of the whole D-R paradigm and actually engage some brain cells on the issue of governance. And he's still failing to do that.

If he wants to exist in a moral void and do nothing more than shout his glee over a microphone every time someone spectacularly distracts the electorate, he should go back to sportscasting. There, it doesn't matter whether or not you recognize truth. People watching sports aren't expecting an outcome that makes their lives materially better: they're just looking to momentarily not think about their own lives, and nothing happening in sports can possibly affect their lives in any meaningful way.

But EVERYTHING Rush talks about on his show affects his listeners in meaningful - and more often than not, negative - ways.
So he's wrong in not pointing that out.
He's wrong in that he's still treating this like a giant game.
Sometimes people like Walter Scott or Nick Christie or Aiyana Jones are the game's losers.
You're never going to hear Rush talk about them, though, because his team doesn't get any points off of those players.

Stratovarious
04-16-2015, 03:37 PM
Thank you Rush, for your spot on comments.

And excellent of Rand to let the liberals step in their own #### as Rush elluded to , incredible insight from Rand (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree).

Rand does not dissapoint.

29 states have fetal homicide laws, that should settle the question of 'is an unborn human' , should humans be given rights because
they are human or only given rights once they have had their footprints taken.

When does life begin , let's leave that for now for the liberals to answer, and not push Rand into the 'against women blender' .

, ,

idiom
04-16-2015, 04:04 PM
If you want to be the Captain of the Reds, you have to car about the reds winning.

Once you win that Captaincy you can lead the team to wherever you want. Including playing sarcastaball with the Blues, wearing bras, carrying balloons down-field and hugging it out.

If you can't govern a party, you can't govern a country.

FSP-Rebel
04-16-2015, 05:00 PM
Rand is getting plenty of decent coverage on the Special Report w/ Brett Baire on Fox or whatever his name is, much to the chagrin of Charles Kraugthammer I'm sure. The other two panel members were saying how he just turned the tables on the democrats and were also talking about how younger people, women and hispanics favor banning late term abortion by major margins. They intro'd by trying to tie Fiorina into this and I was thinking, no bitch, you better talk about Rand and was pleasantly surprised that they did when this is supposed to be the playground of CK during this time slot.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
04-17-2015, 02:37 AM
More like the past 24 years; dating back to when Poppy Bush invited Limbaugh to spend the night in the Lincoln Bedroom.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
04-17-2015, 02:37 AM
-- 30 --

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
04-17-2015, 02:38 AM
-- 30 --

GunnyFreedom
04-17-2015, 03:24 AM
That entire clip is about nothing other than scoring political points. It's not about making a statement for how we ought to be governed. It's not about taking a stand on an issue that actually affects us every day.

Rush is wrong because at no point in his clip did he do anything to try to better society or educate his audience. At this point the man has had a quarter century to get his listeners up to speed - to try to get them to break out of the whole D-R paradigm and actually engage some brain cells on the issue of governance. And he's still failing to do that.

If he wants to exist in a moral void and do nothing more than shout his glee over a microphone every time someone spectacularly distracts the electorate, he should go back to sportscasting. There, it doesn't matter whether or not you recognize truth. People watching sports aren't expecting an outcome that makes their lives materially better: they're just looking to momentarily not think about their own lives, and nothing happening in sports can possibly affect their lives in any meaningful way.

But EVERYTHING Rush talks about on his show affects his listeners in meaningful - and more often than not, negative - ways.
So he's wrong in not pointing that out.
He's wrong in that he's still treating this like a giant game.
Sometimes people like Walter Scott or Nick Christie or Aiyana Jones are the game's losers.
You're never going to hear Rush talk about them, though, because his team doesn't get any points off of those players.

Regardless of what you or I perceive, to him, and to many of his listeners, it really is a game. And with that given, the point here is not that Rush scored points with Randians, but that Rand scored points with Rushians. This is what winning looks like: Whatever people support for each their own reasons. Encourage it when you see it. Regardless of the deliberately obtuse nature of the origin, this is how sparks become brushfires. Consider even adding tinder and gently blowing...

francisco
04-17-2015, 11:32 AM
...the point here is not that Rush scored points with Randians, but that Rand scored points with Rushians. This is what winning looks like: Whatever people support for each their own reasons. Encourage it when you see it. Regardless of the deliberately obtuse nature of the origin, this is how sparks become brushfires. Consider even adding tinder and gently blowing...

^^^This.^^^

philipped
04-17-2015, 12:17 PM
...the point here is not that Rush scored points with Randians, but that Rand scored points with Rushians...

...the point here is not that Rush scored points with Randians, but that Rand scored points with Rushians...

THIS EVERYBODY.

anaconda
04-18-2015, 01:04 AM
Rush used to sound smart to me a long time ago. Now he doesn't. Is it me? Or has Rush lost his mojo? I only rarely hear his show.

Sola_Fide
04-18-2015, 01:08 AM
Rush used to sound smart to me a long time ago. Now he doesn't. Is it me? Or has Rush lost his mojo? I only rarely hear his show.

You've just progressed. He's always been very simple...and wrong.

francisco
04-18-2015, 01:12 AM
Rush used to sound smart to me a long time ago. Now he doesn't...

When I went off to college I thought that my old man was the dumbest son of a bitch on the planet. By the time I graduated, I was amazed at how much he had learned in those last four years.

anaconda
04-18-2015, 03:00 AM
When I went off to college I thought that my old man was the dumbest son of a bitch on the planet. By the time I graduated, I was amazed at how much he had learned in those last four years.

I hope you tell your father that nice story if you haven't yet. Yet, your's is the reverse situation of mine.

S.Shorland
04-18-2015, 03:43 AM
Just a little pulling away of the mask of murder of statists.Hope it continues.

Stratovarious
04-18-2015, 08:24 AM

He's lost his voice, it's hard to deliver an inspirational talk when you sound like a rachety old man, he used to rip it up in delivery.
I too lost interest after it became obvious , our wars are not to liberate.
I don't think Rush is evil in so much as he was consumed like 70% of us in National Pride and a belief that
we were truly out to save the world.
He did nail this latest Rand statement , I'll give him credit there, though getting a nod from Rush
could be double edged.

, ,

A. Havnes
04-18-2015, 09:03 AM
Does Rush still have the clout he used to have? I have no idea how many listeners he actually has, as I don't ever tune into him. I really can't stand the guy, myself, but if his audience is large and he's giving people a reason to pay attention to Rand, then I'm pretty happy with it.

jmdrake
04-18-2015, 05:37 PM
Regardless of what you or I perceive, to him, and to many of his listeners, it really is a game. And with that given, the point here is not that Rush scored points with Randians, but that Rand scored points with Rushians. This is what winning looks like: Whatever people support for each their own reasons. Encourage it when you see it. Regardless of the deliberately obtuse nature of the origin, this is how sparks become brushfires. Consider even adding tinder and gently blowing...

^Yep! Even even one Rush Limbaugh fan who voted against Ron Paul decides to give Rand a look after this then that's a win. But I bet it was a lot more than one. As a group we've been beat on so much by folks like Rush that it's hard for us to savor the moment when something goes our way. Rand now officially owns the abortion debate in the GOP primaries.

tennman
04-18-2015, 07:17 PM

He said that what he was saying was not an endorsement of Rand Paul. That's because Rush doesn't endorse anybody anymore. He didn't the last several election cycles until the Republicans choose a candidate then he supports that person. So him saying that he wasn't endorsing Rand Paul didn't mean anything. He's said that already about Cruz and Walker if I remember correctly. I don't listen much, but I listened to two shows where he said good things about them but then said he wasn't endorsing them.