PDA

View Full Version : On the anniversary of the death of Lincoln, here is "Rethinking Lincoln and Liberty""

jasongpeirce
04-15-2015, 04:57 PM
Here is an article, "8 Questions on Lincoln and Liberty": http://www.voicesofliberty.com/article/rethinking-lincoln-and-liberty-8-questions/

Why is these questions important? Because Lincoln and the Civil War is the "Holy Grail" of American history. Says Brion McClanahan: "...if you can control the interpretation about the war, then you control American history. It’s Orwellian, he who controls the present controls the past, he who controls the past controls the future… If you control that, you control people today… how they think about the federal government, how they think about the executive branch, what they think about the Constitution… By saying secession is illegal, that secession is treason, by saying the United States is ‘indivisible’… you are changing the way Americans think about the federal republic. It was not always indivisible.”

hells_unicorn
04-15-2015, 07:43 PM
When I first read Thomas DiLorenzo's "The Real Lincoln", I was fresh out of college and ready to become a public school teacher (not a history teacher), and it was an earth-shattering revelation to say the least. Angles that I had not considered, largely because they were never shown to me, drew a very different picture of American history and I essentially began re-evaluating how I approach reading on any historical topic.

You can not be a proponent of liberty, nay a proponent of peace and goodwill on earth and have a favorable of Lincoln. At best, it could be argued that there were people underneath him that were far worse than he was, but they were not able to accomplish what they did without him. Much of what passes for history in schools today is essentially Marxist propaganda, as I gleaned upon reading another book about the famed 16th president called "Lincoln's Marxists", which drew heavy links between Lincoln and Marx via his strong support among German transcendentalists living in New England and the upper Mid-West.

There is a wealth of good literature on this subject, and the way to really get the good stuff is to see how negatively the mainstream treats it.

Danke
04-15-2015, 07:50 PM
http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/04.15/power.html

bubbleboy
04-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Ole John Wilkes Booth birthday coming up May 10. Heres to you, cheers.

2young2vote
04-15-2015, 09:51 PM
He supported and essentially started a war that killed 750,000 Americans. It isn't worth the lives of that many people just to keep the nation as one.

PRB
04-16-2015, 12:09 AM
I wore my Timothy McVeigh t-shirt today.

PRB
04-16-2015, 12:51 AM
He supported and essentially started a war that killed 750,000 Americans. It isn't worth the lives of that many people just to keep the nation as one.
According to the Money Masters documentary, it was worth it, because the Southern secession was funded by European interests to divide and conquer a nation just barely 100 years old.

Southron
04-16-2015, 04:14 AM
Thankfully we now have several books out dispelling the myths around Lincoln.

In fact, a new one was just published. It's called "Rekilling Lincoln".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1455620068?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

Stratovarious
04-16-2015, 06:18 AM
Ole John Wilkes Booth birthday coming up May 10. Heres to you, cheers.

When I was in school he was portrayed as a simple minded , deranged , murderer. No plan , no reason, just basically a random killer.

History is written by the victors, and is heavily skewed when the victors are tyrants.

, ,

Voluntarist
04-16-2015, 06:31 AM
xxxxx