PDA

View Full Version : Adam Kokesh's Book 'Freedom!' Banned from Prisons

Suzanimal
04-14-2015, 10:24 PM
From his FB page...

Adam Kokesh
The US Department of Justice has officially determined our book, FREEDOM! to be a threat. What should we do? Does this mean that I'll never be allowed back in jail? What about anyone else who's read it?

http://i.imgur.com/9oWPETd.png

nannette
04-15-2015, 11:55 AM
From his FB page...

http://i.imgur.com/9oWPETd.png

talk about love, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and all of us are banned

Spikender
04-15-2015, 11:56 AM
Don't educate prisoners about liberty, that would be defeating the purpose of the prison-industrial complex.

Aspie Minarcho-Capitalist
04-15-2015, 12:37 PM
NO books nor ANY "earned" incentives and privileges should be redistributed from courteous hardworking taxpayers to any prisoners who have perpetrated a non-victimless crime. They should be working in hard slave labor and only a bleeding heart "progressive libertarian" would advocate misdeeds like the holiday camp bandwagon, and they should never be taught about individual freedom as they have lost their own inherency of free will.

JK/SEA
04-15-2015, 01:37 PM
NO books nor ANY "earned" incentives and privileges should be redistributed from courteous hardworking taxpayers to any prisoners who have perpetrated a non-victimless crime. They should be working in hard slave labor and only a bleeding heart "progressive libertarian" would advocate misdeeds like the holiday camp bandwagon, and they should never be taught about individual freedom as they have lost their own inherency of free will.

Murderers only.

DevilsAdvocate
04-15-2015, 08:09 PM
I never liked Kokesh. He was dragging the movement into his own personal dramas and vendettas. He would say crazy off the wall things, and then expect people in the movement to back him up. Besides, I might respect his freedom to do it, but I really dislike people who use drugs. I have a very low opinion of them, and try to stay away from them as much as possible.

Sola_Fide
04-15-2015, 08:37 PM
I never liked Kokesh. He was dragging the movement into his own personal dramas and vendettas. He would say crazy off the wall things, and then expect people in the movement to back him up. Besides, I might respect his freedom to do it, but I really dislike people who use drugs. I have a very low opinion of them, and try to stay away from them as much as possible.

I think drug use is a weakness as well.

r3volution 3.0
04-15-2015, 11:39 PM
Who's read this book?

Can any sensible person confirm that it isn't shit anyway?

....I mean, come on now people, what does Kokesh have to add to what Menger, Bohm-Bawerk, Mises, Rothbard, etc, said?

Polemical nonsense about his own picadillos?

tl'dr = yea, I'm sure it's extremely fucking enlightening...:rolleyes:

The Northbreather
04-15-2015, 11:48 PM
I think drug use is a weakness as well.

drug as in caffeine or heroin? Or just anything that alters mood that is forbidden by .gov?

Sola_Fide
04-16-2015, 12:08 AM
drug as in caffeine or heroin? Or just anything that alters mood that is forbidden by .gov?

I think all drugs should be legal. My argument isn't a legal one, it's a theological one...a moral one.

SpicyTurkey
04-16-2015, 12:20 AM
I think all drugs should be legal. My argument isn't a legal one, it's a theological one...a moral one.

For realz bro, I dig wut u mean.

Sola_Fide
04-16-2015, 12:27 AM
For realz bro, I dig wut u mean.

What's that mean?

heavenlyboy34
04-16-2015, 01:40 AM
What's that mean?

+1 I don't have an ebonics dictionary and I'm curious as to what that means as well.

Weston White
04-16-2015, 01:45 AM
We should organize a Freedom! (http://www.adamvstheman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/FREEDOM-ebook.pdf) book-drive for that prison! Sending printouts to random inmates and prison employees. Truth to power:

IV. Prohibition

There is a human tendency to want to control the minds of those around us to ensure that no one in our community is a threat to others or isn’t working hard enough to support those around them. Governments take advantage of this with various policies, some of which are intended to make us more productive taxpayers, but all of which serve special interests. Prohibition of any substance is premised on the idea that your body is government property, and you do not have the right to decide what goes in it. Possession is never a crime.

http://www.freeschaeffercox.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Friends-of-the-2nd-Amendment-Schaeffer-Cox.pdf

In March 2011, Cox was arrested on federal charges in Fairbanks, Alaska, by the United States Marshals Service. He was charged with conspiracy to possess unregistered silencers and destructive devices, possession of an unregistered destructive device, possession of an unregistered silencer, possession of an unregistered machine gun, and other related charges under 18 U.S.C. § 371, 18 U.S.C. § 922 and 18 U.S.C. § 924 and Internal Revenue Code sections 5861(d), 5871, and 5861(f). Also charged for involvement in the plot were Lonnie Vernon, Karen Vernon and Coleman Barney. Cox's lawyers argued unsuccessfully that the charges should have been thrown out because the grand jury that served the indictment was flawed.

In late October 2011, all state charges against Cox and his fellow defendants were dismissed. The dismissals followed a court ruling that kept prosecutors from using, as evidence, secret FBI recordings made without a search warrant. According to Assistant District Attorney Dway McConnell, the state charges cannot be refiled.

Cox continued to face the federal weapons charges. In November 2011, additional federal charges were brought against him. The new charges related to the alleged purchase of hand grenades and silencers, and alleged possession of a loaded grenade launcher.

On January 20, 2012, Cox and two co-defendants were charged in the same case with conspiracy to kill officers and employees of the United States, including law enforcement officers, "in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Sections 1111 and 1114...." The trial began on May 7, 2012. The case went to the jury on Thursday, June 14, 2012.

On June 18, 2012, Cox and codefendant Lonnie Vernon were each found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder. The jury was unable to reach consensus on the conspiracy charge against codefendant Coleman Barney. Barney was, however, convicted of conspiracy to possess unregistered silencers and destructive devices and possession of unregistered destructive devices.

On September 24, 2012, Coleman L. Barney was sentenced to five years in federal prison. On January 7, 2013, Lonnie Vernon and his wife, Karen Vernon, were sentenced to 25 and 12 years, respectively.

On January 8, 2013, Cox was sentenced to 310 months, or nearly 26 years, in federal prison. The conviction and sentence are being appealed. Cox is currently incarcerated at the United States Penitentiary at Marion, Illinois and is scheduled for release in 2033.

On December 13, 2013 Cox recanted his account of mental illness and published a letter that insinuated the Federal government is part of a conspiracy that led to his sentencing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_political_corruption_probe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schaeffer_Cox

Weston White
04-16-2015, 01:53 AM
Can any sensible person confirm that it isn't shit anyway?

"Freedom!" It sounds pretty sensible to me:

The wisdom within these pages has the power to unlock our potential as a species and establish an enduring civilization based on peace, self-ownership, and nonviolence.

You, as a free, beautiful, independent human being with inalienable rights, own yourself! You can do what you want with your own body and the product of your labor. All human interactions should be free of force and coercion, and we are free to exercise our rights, limited only by respect for the rights of others. Governments rely on force, and force is a poor substitute for persuasion. When you learned “don’t hit,” “don’t steal,” and “don’t kill,” it wasn’t, “unless you work for the government.” Governments frighten us into thinking we need them, but we are moving past the statist paradigm and rendering them obsolete.

This book will empower YOU to be more happy, free, and prosperous, while putting you in a position to help shape our destiny.

tod evans
04-16-2015, 05:10 AM
Marion is a supermax.....

The hacks are scared, and for good reason....

Most folks locked in there will die in custody so if a government employee gets the slightest bit out of line they have cause for concern...

Todd
04-16-2015, 05:27 AM
I have not read Adam's book. I have exeperience in the penal system. If their is stuff in their about calling for a Revolution or standing up to authority figures....then they are not going to let it anywhere near the prison system.