PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother EPA Wants To Monitor Your Showers

Brian4Liberty
04-14-2015, 08:00 PM
Big Brother EPA Wants To Monitor Your Showers During Hotel Stays (http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/us/epa-to-monitor-your-showers-during-hotel-stays)
By Kimberly Morin

When Americans travel on business or go away on vacation, the last thing they think about is how long of a shower they are taking. No worries though, the crackpots at the EPA are handing out more of your tax dollars to let you know if you are taking too long of a shower.

Again, not joking. These tools of terror want hotels to monitor how long you spend in the shower so the hotel will be able to tell you you’re TAKING TOO LONG OF A SHOWER.

It’s bad enough these enviro-whackos are already trying to take over your rain barrels and propane grills but now you can’t even get away from them and enjoy a nice long shower when staying in a hotel?

From the EPA:

Objective: Hotels consume a significant amount of water in the U.S. and around the world. Most hotels do not monitor individual guest water usage and as a result, millions of gallons of potable water are wasted every year by hotel guests. The proposed work aims to develop a novel low cost wireless device for monitoring water use from hotel guest room showers. This device will be designed to fit most new and existing hotel shower fixtures and will wirelessly transmit hotel guest water usage data to a central hotel accounting system.

Approach: The proposed wireless device will have three main components: a flow meter, an embedded system and software, and a resource accounting system. This technology will provide hotel guests with the ability to monitor their daily water online or using a smartphone app, and will assist hotel guest in modifying their behavior to help conserve water.

They want to have hotels install a device IN your PRIVATE shower that monitors how long you spend in the shower. This device will then ALERT you on your smartphone that you are taking TOO LONG of a shower and should cut it a little shorter.

Does anyone else see the utter Big Brother creepiness of this? How about the absolute infringement on your privacy?
More: http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/us/epa-to-monitor-your-showers-during-hotel-stays

Stratovarious
04-14-2015, 08:40 PM
80% of Water Consumption in Ca, is Agricultrual, the rest of the Country is likely similar, though az is probably 90% ag, the insanity never ends.

They have known about the drought for years, (Ca is a desert anyway , they know that too) , they didn't build resovoirs, and built way
beyond capacity, now a ONE YEAR WARNING LOL ....:dingdingding:

EPA SHOULD BE RE-TOOLED from the ground up, and not very high.

, ,

Brian4Liberty
04-14-2015, 08:46 PM
This is being proposed for the entire U.S., not just California.

Anti Federalist
04-14-2015, 08:58 PM
This is being proposed for the entire U.S., not just California.

Welcome to the internet of things.

CPUd
04-14-2015, 09:06 PM
Never heard of a guest giving a shit how much water they use in the hotel shower. I guess if they try to charge extra, I would do like I do with the erotica channels and switch the cable to the adjacent room before ordering.

Stratovarious
04-14-2015, 09:45 PM
FCC Owns the internet , needs check your thoughts.
TSA Owns your 'junk' , needs to feel it once in a while.
NSA Owns your conversations, needs to hear them all .
DHS Owns Teh Borders and needs to let in Muslim Terists'.
ATF Owns the Mexican Drug Cartel Arms Dealing Concession.
Military guards Heroin Trade in Afghanistan to insure the free flow
of Heroin to America so they can meet the prison for profit occupancy
promises and use asset forfeiture to further fill the coffers.
Obama extracts cash from people like me that piss on Obamacare.
EPA will soon install cameras in showers so you don't abuse the soap.
EPA will install toilet paper dispensers in all residential bathrooms calibrated
and digitally assigned via biometrics to issue x number of squares per year per
person, based on your height, weight, age, gender, and ethnicity.
They will be operating mobile seminars and webinars, to insure the proper
application, and exhibit graphically detailed scenarios of how life will be for you
during your last 2 months of each year when your allotment has been exhausted.
Al Gore has set up a Global TP exchange credit system so the elite, Al and Obama can
continue to crap on the very foundation and every conscript of the America way of life with impunity.

, ,

presence
04-14-2015, 09:56 PM
lol

1) good luck "alerting" me on my cell phone, I don't have one

2) I'd unscrew that thing and chuck it in the weeds

Mani
04-14-2015, 10:23 PM
lol

1) good luck "alerting" me on my cell phone, I don't have one

2) I'd unscrew that thing and chuck it in the weeds

The bastards would alert the hotel management the device is being tampered with. Either they would create fines similar to the fines of tampering with smoke alarms or they would add tamper proof defenses to make it more difficult or to disable the whole thing when tampered.

So 5 star hotels would allot 100 gallons or unlimited gallons of water per shower. And lower star hotels provide smaller and smaller amounts. And the scale between the rich and the poor grows more as the poor and middle class have to pay higher amounts for simple things like bath water.

Christopher A. Brown
04-14-2015, 11:47 PM
FCC Owns the internet , needs check your thoughts.
TSA Owns your 'junk' , needs to feel it once in a while.
NSA Owns your conversations, needs to hear them all .
DHS Owns Teh Borders and needs to let in Muslim Terists'.
ATF Owns the Mexican Drug Cartel Arms Dealing Concession.
Military guards Heroin Trade in Afghanistan to insure the free flow
of Heroin to America so they can meet the prison for profit occupancy

If the purpose of free speech could exist meaningfully, in our society, Americans would get rid of all of that quite quickly.

The strategy of a lawful and peaceful revolution is based in that purpose as prime constitutional right.