PDA

View Full Version : Only 12 days to go...

IHaveaDream
12-04-2007, 07:23 PM
"Amazing, just amazing"
--Wolf Blitzer, CNN

nist7
12-04-2007, 07:24 PM
huh?

ross11988
12-04-2007, 07:25 PM
huh?

Tea Party 07

nist7
12-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Tea Party 07

Of course, I know of the Tea Party ;)

I was looking for a little more context in the quote by Wolf Blitzer...

IHaveaDream
12-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Those were the words that Wolf Blitzer used after our huge success on Nov. 5th. I don't know if anyone noticed or not, but he repeated that phrase with a clever smile tonight while wrapping up his mention of our upcoming Tea Party event. I'm not sure, but I think he may be rooting for us.

mmink15
12-04-2007, 07:57 PM
It's good to have someone rooting for us.

Mandrik
12-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Those were the words that Wolf Blitzer used after our huge success on Nov. 5th. I don't know if anyone noticed or not, but he repeated that phrase with a clever smile tonight while wrapping up his mention of our upcoming Tea Party event. I'm not sure, but I think he may be rooting for us.

There is no way in hell Blitzer is rooting for us. He's just reading what's in front of him. Libertarian, 3rd party run, blah blah blah.

FrankRep
12-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Is Wolf Blitzer a Republican or Democrat?

Mani
12-04-2007, 08:06 PM
The bar has been set pretty high. The media is throwing around the number $10Million for Dec 16th as our goal.

My feeling has been we'd probably hit $6M-$8Million and I'd feel pretty darn good about that. But I feel like we need to get closer to that $10Million with that number now floating around.

Either way it's going to be a huge publicity day, but some will try to put a negative spin on us, "fizzling out" or "tea party comes up short" or some crap like that.

I still think even $6 or $7 million is amazing and will be a success, but I feel some added pressure because of it.

Realizing our bar is now raised I feel I may have to put in MORE than my original pledge of $100. I think I might do $150 or $200 just because I think even if we gave $100 last time we need to dig even deeper this time to make it that one last historic fund raising event.

IHaveaDream
12-04-2007, 08:11 PM
There is no way in hell Blitzer is rooting for us. He's just reading what's in front of him. Libertarian, 3rd party run, blah blah blah.

You may be confusing Wolf Blitzer with Lou Dobbs.

IHaveaDream
12-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Realizing our bar is now raised I feel I may have to put in MORE than my original pledge of $100. I think I might do $150 or $200 just because I think even if we gave $100 last time we need to dig even deeper this time to make it that one last historic fund raising event.

This is something that we all need to think deeply about. This single event could turn the tide of history.

T206
12-04-2007, 08:19 PM
This is something that we all need to think deeply about. This single event could turn the tide of history.

I totally agree...giving even just a little more than you did last time will be big just because it will give the media a different positive number to report on, on top of the total for the day. Last time the avg. donation was $103 for 35k people...we need to make sure that the $103 number gets bigger because in a way that alone will show even more strength.

Mandrik
12-04-2007, 08:30 PM
You may be confusing Wolf Blitzer with Lou Dobbs.

Not at all. Look, I understand Blitzer has had RP on the Situation Room, and even talks about RP quite a bit. But everytime I watch a video where he mentions Ron Paul, he can't not mention the fact that RP is a "libertarian" (why this would matter is beyond me, but people hear this and think he doesn't stand a chance or isn't "mainstream"), is low in the polls, and always asks if he's going to run as a third party candidate. It's the same crap almost everyone else does. "You did this (11/5, straw polls, big rallies, etc), but you're low in the polls, so it doesn't matter." I'm sick of it.

Now Jack Cafferty is THE MAN.

IHaveaDream
12-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Not at all. Look, I understand Blitzer has had RP on the Situation Room, and even talks about RP quite a bit. But everytime I watch a video where he mentions Ron Paul, he can't not mention the fact that RP is a "libertarian" (why this would matter is beyond me, but people hear this and think he doesn't stand a chance or isn't "mainstream"), is low in the polls, and always asks if he's going to run as a third party candidate. It's the same crap almost everyone else does. "You did this (11/5, straw polls, big rallies, etc), but you're low in the polls, so it doesn't matter." I'm sick of it.

Now Jack Cafferty is THE MAN.

Jack Cafferty continually laments his view that there isn't a single candidate in the race who can be counted on to straighten out the mess in this country. He said as much on his show this evening.

I think we expect too much from journalists. We get angry with them if they demonstrate bias, and then get mad at them if they don't actively promote Ron Paul. I don't trust the media at all. They're playing thier own game.