PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Promotes Rand's Money Bomb on Facebook

Okaloosa
04-11-2015, 08:22 PM
https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul/posts/10153848589526686:0

"My son Rand's money bomb needs your help. Don't let Hillary's deep pockets supporters grab all the attention! Money bomb ends soon so please don't delay!
https://secure.randpaul.com"

IndianaPolitico
04-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Oh my goodness. That image was designed by me as a thumbnail for my Moneybomb promotion video.

Ron Paul just shared something I uploaded. My life is complete.

garyallen59
04-11-2015, 08:32 PM
I can't believe all the hate Ron is getting for promoting his son. Some of the people commenting have very shallow arguments too which in not what I expect from supporters of Ron.

Brett85
04-11-2015, 08:34 PM
I can't believe all the hate Ron is getting for promoting his son. Some of the people commenting have very shallow arguments too which in not what I expect from supporters of Ron.

I think most of them are liberals who supported Ron for his anti war views but ended up voting for Obama in the general election. There was even one person who said that he supported Hillary over Rand.

eleganz
04-11-2015, 08:35 PM
Oh my goodness look at the comments. Jesus these people are insane, now I know how our movement looked in 08 and 12. Ron is asking his supporters to support his son but they still think boycotting Rand is going to save the world. :roll eyes:

They will die clenching onto the perfect candidate in their fantasies.

Bergie Bergeron
04-11-2015, 08:36 PM
Comments need a lot of help.

TaftFan
04-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Shameful comments.

nikcers
04-11-2015, 08:41 PM
https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul/posts/10153848589526686:0

"My son Rand's money bomb needs your help. Don't let Hillary's deep pockets supporters grab all the attention! Money bomb ends soon so please don't delay!
https://secure.randpaul.com"

The worst part is there is this digital campaign going on to undermine Rand Pauls popularity with the Ron Paul people. I have seen these agents on social media that obviously are not Ron Paul supporters, but all they do is spend all day getting Ron Paul supporters to stop supporting Rand. Ron really needs to call these people out for who they are, and fully endorse Rand Paul.

garyallen59
04-11-2015, 08:42 PM
I did not realize just how bad some Ron Paul people hate Rand. The comments are surreal to me.

jct74
04-11-2015, 08:43 PM

MrGoose
04-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Saw it on twitter also.

rg17
04-11-2015, 08:45 PM
Must be Purists.

William Tell
04-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Shameful comments.

Yeah, jackasses.

TaftFan
04-11-2015, 08:56 PM
One person said they would rather vote for Hillary over Rand. Another would rather eat their crap than vote for Rand.

Do they realize Ron probably sees this? I doubt they care either way.

AuH20
04-11-2015, 08:59 PM
I guess they are going weave Ron Paul into the conspiracy as well. This is going to be funny to watch.

William Tell
04-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Ron Paul Promotes Rand's Money Bomb on Facebook
As Spikender would say, clearly Ron Paul has sold out. :D

AuH20
04-11-2015, 09:02 PM
In light of these startling comments, I really wonder how much of Ron Paul's popularity can be attributable to an anti-jew view? I personally don't care for American jews or the Israeli government, but some of these folks live on another planet.

eleganz
04-11-2015, 09:03 PM
One person said they would rather vote for Hillary over Rand. Another would rather eat their crap than vote for Rand.

Do they realize Ron probably sees this? I doubt they care either way.

Oh, everyone of them is just trying to one up each other on purity. The more conspiracy theories you are aware about, the more aware you are!:toady:

Don't worry folks, its the vocal minority that will get crazy. There are people who saw that post and donated without mentioning it. True supporters of a movement that can grow. Libertarians don't want their ideas to be popular, thats when it gets mainstream, thats when they don't want to participate~

serenityrick
04-11-2015, 09:08 PM

outspoken libertarians are literally cancer and it's a big reason why it took me so long to find my way to the light. They were just meanspirited elitists.. "my way or the highway" type people.

I mean that as no offense to the people here but it's the truth. One of the biggest obstacles to getting people to support the liberty movement is the mindset of those already supporting it. I don't understand why so many libertarians act this way but it really sucks.

AuH20
04-11-2015, 09:11 PM
Look at these WON-DER-FUL Treasures! You wonder if these people ever read any of Ron's books?

Milton Fitzgerald Noisewater

No thanks. Your son is on a platform of hate. I'll do everything I can to ensure he doesn't get elected.

He is waaaay to religiously focussed an against lgbt rights so no i wont give him nothing

Yea Rand Paul is not Ron Paul, I dislike Hillary but considering Rand's stances on a few things yea no thanks. Rand is Ron and won't have my vote. Ted Cruz doesn't either would rather vote for Bernie Sanders crazy old codger knows whats up.

Hell no .....He's part of the problem not the solution....not to mention he doesn't like women and the gays.. And truthfully you can not will an election without both of groups on your side ....that's reality.....

AuH20
04-11-2015, 09:13 PM
outspoken libertarians are literally cancer and it's a big reason why it took me so long to find my way to the light. They were just meanspirited elitists.. "my way or the highway" type people.

I mean that as no offense to the people here but it's the truth. One of the biggest obstacles to getting people to support the liberty movement is the mindset of those already supporting it. I don't understand why so many libertarians act this way but it really sucks.

They are really messed up folks lost in their own myopic wilderness. Look, I don't like Rand's position on illegal immigration nor his alliance with McConnnell, but I understand that he's trying to do the best he can. I could be a selfish fool and take my ball & leave, but that doesn't do anyone any good.

IndianaPolitico
04-11-2015, 09:13 PM
The vicious comments against Christianity make me Facepalm. They do know that Ron attends a baptist church right?

nikcers
04-11-2015, 09:14 PM

I've seen a lot of them, they troll all the reddit subreddits they post about 3/4 of all the Rand Paul articles and tend to congregate in www.reddit.com/r/enoughpaulspam

The worst part about it is they make fake accounts and pretend to be Ron Paul supporters, and either are playing on cruz' camp or they are part of the war party, or maybe even liberal. They pretty much think its easier to get rid of ron paul supporters in the Rand camp by driving a wedge between them for idealogical reasons. They are afraid of Ron Paul supporters gaining momentum with a new candidate.

William Tell
04-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Oh my goodness. That image was designed by me as a thumbnail for my Moneybomb promotion video.

Ron Paul just shared something I uploaded. My life is complete.
That's awesome! :)

AuH20
04-11-2015, 09:23 PM
The fact that there are posters pushing Gary 'I have no clue what the Austrian business cycle is' Johnson in that facebook thread is all I need to know.

FSP-Rebel
04-11-2015, 09:40 PM
The fact that there are posters pushing Gary 'I have no clue what the Austrian business cycle is' Johnson in that facebook thread is all I need to know.
The good is the enemy of the perfect to those types - the vocal micro minority of Ron's peeps. This was me prior to Ron running in '08 but some people don't ever move on and see the bigger picture. I wish I could say something positive about those types right now but I can't nor won't.

Brett85
04-11-2015, 09:48 PM
Oh my goodness look at the comments. Jesus these people are insane, now I know how our movement looked in 08 and 12. Ron is asking his supporters to support his son but they still think boycotting Rand is going to save the world. :roll eyes:

Yeah, but it probably helps Rand. Rand has a much better chance to win the GOP nomination if rank and file Republican voters see that a lot of Ron's supporters hate Rand.

Sola_Fide
04-11-2015, 09:50 PM
I hope Ron will soon put out a statement that silences these people.

CPUd
04-11-2015, 09:58 PM
These are some of the folks who were on the DP and spilled over onto here in 2012; they would literally go apeshit on the "write in Ron Paul for the general election" threads.

philipped
04-11-2015, 10:00 PM
I hope Ron will soon put out a statement that silences these people.

It's the only way it would die down. I don't see it completely going away tbh, but calming it down a bit may be needed. For Ron's own sake, let alone his son & the campaign. I'm sure he would come out more on the "the idea of liberty & my family" rather than "politics & strategy". These purists & trolls are dumb hyped for railing on Rand, I left a comment.

Sola_Fide
04-11-2015, 10:07 PM
It's the only way it would die down. I don't see it completely going away tbh, but calming it down a bit may be needed. For Ron's own sake, let alone his son & the campaign. I'm sure he would come out more on the "the idea of liberty & my family" rather than "politics & strategy". These purists & trolls are dumb hyped for railing on Rand, I left a comment.

When Ron does this (and I think he will in the next year) the morons of the world will say that Ron has compromised.

eleganz
04-11-2015, 10:16 PM
When Ron does this (and I think he will in the next year) the morons of the world will say that Ron has compromised.

Or that Ron was really one of the moonbase shapeshifters that was stringing everyone along for the real shapeshifter King Randus to take his proper place as the illuminated overlord of Earth.

Brett85
04-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Ron really needs to call these people out for who they are, and fully endorse Rand Paul.

What do you mean by "fully endorse" Rand? Hasn't he done that already?

nikcers
04-11-2015, 10:35 PM
What do you mean by "fully endorse" Rand? Hasn't he done that already?

This is probably the second time he has addressed the elephant in the room that I have seen. The first time I think he was speaking to a news pundit and said that they are pretty much the same people who agree on 99% of all things. You would assume that even this post is an endorsement, but I think that a lot of Ron Paul people don't see it that way. Today Ron spoke out against the senate republicans that are bashing the Iran deal, saying that those people are against peace.

That is why I think the only way we can get Ron Paul supporters to support Rand Paul, is if he actually starts to campaign for him. Right now Rand is campaigning for himself against everyone else, even against Ron Paul's policies.

Brett85
04-11-2015, 10:45 PM
That is why I think the only way we can get Ron Paul supporters to support Rand Paul, is if he actually starts to campaign for him. Right now Rand is campaigning for himself against everyone else, even against Ron Paul's policies.

I don't think it's that important that Rand gets all of the Ron Paul supporters. He probably has the majority of them, just not the most vocal ones. I think that Ron campaigning for Rand would cause more harm than good. The neocons are already trying to use Ron against Rand, saying that Rand's foreign policy is identical to Ron's. I think Rand has a better chance to win the GOP nomination if Ron sort of stays on the sidelines.

nikcers
04-11-2015, 10:54 PM
I don't think it's that important that Rand gets all of the Ron Paul supporters. He probably has the majority of them, just not the most vocal ones. I think that Ron campaigning for Rand would cause more harm than good. The neocons are already trying to use Ron against Rand, saying that Rand's foreign policy is identical to Ron's. I think Rand has a better chance to win the GOP nomination if Ron sort of stays on the sidelines.

Its not important to get all the Ron Paul supporters, but to be honest with you even I had been waiting for a full on endorsement until the filabuster i didn't think Rands motives were pure. I think a certain number of Ron's supporters don't trust Rand, because they don't trust politicians. They want a Ron Paul foreign policy, but they don't think that Rand is similar to Ron at all when it comes to foreign policy. This is being exacerbated by a group that are undermining the whole movement by putting Ron Paul supporters against Rand Paul supporters.

EBounding
04-11-2015, 11:21 PM
It's so weird that Ron would want to help the most libertarian Senator in the last 100 years get elected as president.

The Northbreather
04-11-2015, 11:34 PM
Rand. Mutter the phrase: END THE FED

All will be forgiven

hells_unicorn
04-11-2015, 11:35 PM
Honestly, this is the reason why I'm not going to miss the DailyPaul as much as I thought I would, there were too many people there who thought like the people posting on Facebook right now. Ron Paul drew in a lot of loony left-winger types based solely on his antiwar viewpoints (which I happen to agree with, just to be clear), and the fact that he de-emphasized his social conservatism, which is PRECISELY what lost him the Iowa popular vote in 2012, even though he took over the caucus and that state party.

If Rand Paul wants to have a prayer of getting nominated, he actually needs these people to hate him, they are a massive liability for anyone who actually wants to hold office. They are allies worth losing, and given my own experiences with some of them, I'd assume throw a bunch of them under the bus for him.

JohnGalt1225
04-11-2015, 11:38 PM
The worst part is there is this digital campaign going on to undermine Rand Pauls popularity with the Ron Paul people. I have seen these agents on social media that obviously are not Ron Paul supporters, but all they do is spend all day getting Ron Paul supporters to stop supporting Rand. Ron really needs to call these people out for who they are, and fully endorse Rand Paul.
It's sad that we need a father to "fully endorse" his own son. Rand is his father's son and I trust Ron, so I trust Rand. I know Rand isn't Ron, he's not as ideologically pure and he is more of a politician...that is why we all love Ron so much, because he isn't a politician at heart. That being said, we can only get so far throwing bombs from outside the system. America is better off with President Rand Paul than President Jeb Bush or President Hillary Clinton.

JohnGalt1225
04-11-2015, 11:42 PM
Honestly, this is the reason why I'm not going to miss the DailyPaul as much as I thought I would, there were too many people there who thought like the people posting on Facebook right now. Ron Paul drew in a lot of loony left-winger types based solely on his antiwar viewpoints (which I happen to agree with, just to be clear), and the fact that he de-emphasized his social conservatism, which is PRECISELY what lost him the Iowa popular vote in 2012, even though he took over the caucus and that state party.

If Rand Paul wants to have a prayer of getting nominated, he actually needs these people to hate him, they are a massive liability for anyone who actually wants to hold office. They are allies worth losing, and given my own experiences with some of them, I'd assume throw a bunch of them under the bus for him.
It's true. A lot of the really far out there supporters were the ammunition the establishment needed to paint Ron Paul as "looney" to Evangelicals in Iowa. In reality Ron Paul would probably fit in so much better with the Average Iowan than either Mitt Romney or even Rick Santorum but because all anyone thought was "Ron Paul=isolationist who supports drug users" it hurt him. Rand is better at playing the game and won't allow the establishment to pigeonhole him or frame the debate.

hells_unicorn
04-11-2015, 11:56 PM
It's true. A lot of the really far out there supporters were the ammunition the establishment needed to paint Ron Paul as "looney" to Evangelicals in Iowa. In reality Ron Paul would probably fit in so much better with the Average Iowan than either Mitt Romney or even Rick Santorum but because all anyone thought was "Ron Paul=isolationist who supports drug users" it hurt him. Rand is better at playing the game and won't allow the establishment to pigeonhole him or frame the debate.

Yes, but this goes beyond just the political practicality angle. I had supposed dyed-in-the-wool Ron Paul supporters trolling my Youtube channel back as early as 2007 because I'm not an atheist and would use scripture to try and argue why Ron Paul's views were more in line with Christianity than anything else coming out of the Republican Party. I wasn't nearly as religious back in 2007 as I am now, but I got so tired of being told that I was part of what was wrong with the world that I just started fighting these people tooth and nail, especially after Ron Paul's 2nd campaign failed.

I just donated another $25 just out of spite for these people posting on Facebook right now. I'm not going to engage any of them in discussion because frankly I'm so annoyed with them that I'd probably end up making things worse than they are there, if you can imagine that.

fr33
04-12-2015, 12:57 AM
That moment when you realize many of your allies in the liberty movement are batshit crazy...

eleganz
04-12-2015, 01:10 AM
That moment when you realize many of your allies in the liberty movement are batshit crazy...

DING DING DING! +rep!

Sola_Fide
04-12-2015, 01:19 AM
Beth Colangelo Miller

He doesn't stand for liberty. I was a Ron Paul state delegate in 2008 but I can not support Rand. Gary Johnson is the libertarian candidate.

*·*5 hours ago

This is the kind of insanity that makes me just want to forget everything and quit. I refuse to believe that people are this stupid...but they really are.

I'm at a loss for words....

carlton
04-12-2015, 01:26 AM
This is the kind of insanity that makes me just want to forget everything and quit. I refuse to believe that people are this stupid...but they really are.

I'm at a loss for words....

We dont need the purists. By the time Rand gets the nomination he will have the largest coalition since Reagan... How's that for growing the liberty movement?

jurgs01
04-12-2015, 05:59 AM
There is no reason to attack or create divisions with the purist folks. They are all fighting for liberty in their own way, but they are designed for the long game of something like winning the presidency. A lot of these folks are doing good local activist liberty things and should be seen as allies whether they support Rand or not.

Now, for those folks who only sit in the basement and attack folks who they deem as not liberty enough in the interwebz and don't do anything else...they are not our allies.

65fastback2+2
04-12-2015, 07:19 AM

to be fair and play the other side of the argument

isnt their argument the same one rand uses when he voted no to bills? "It doesnt do enough" or "It doesnt go far enough"?

So, maybe their premise isnt too far off? And dont get me wrong, I'm not saying they're right...but just trying to provide a solid reason why their conclusion could be fair.

William Tell
04-12-2015, 07:44 AM
There is no reason to attack or create divisions with the purist folks. They are all fighting for liberty in their own way, but they are designed for the long game of something like winning the presidency. A lot of these folks are doing good local activist liberty things and should be seen as allies whether they support Rand or not.

I know you're right about some of these people, and even Ted Cruz supporters are sometimes good locally. But I'm really getting annoyed at people who can't see that Rand is obviously the best choice in the primary. It gets so frustrating. Its even more disappointing when activists are not supporting Rand. But yeah, we have to work with these people sometimes.

adelina
04-12-2015, 08:12 AM
to be fair and play the other side of the argument

isnt their argument the same one rand uses when he voted no to bills? "It doesnt do enough" or "It doesnt go far enough"?

So, maybe their premise isnt too far off? And dont get me wrong, I'm not saying they're right...but just trying to provide a solid reason why their conclusion could be fair.
It is not the same, not even close. The liberty movement will never see another candidate this close to its cause with this big a chance of becoming president. Never.

jct74
04-12-2015, 01:05 PM
I've seen a lot of them, they troll all the reddit subreddits they post about 3/4 of all the Rand Paul articles and tend to congregate in www.reddit.com/r/enoughpaulspam

The worst part about it is they make fake accounts and pretend to be Ron Paul supporters, and either are playing on cruz' camp or they are part of the war party, or maybe even liberal. They pretty much think its easier to get rid of ron paul supporters in the Rand camp by driving a wedge between them for idealogical reasons. They are afraid of Ron Paul supporters gaining momentum with a new candidate.

The interesting thing is the r/ronpaul subreddit is actually pretty pro-Rand, judging from the comments there, what gets upvoted and what gets downvoted. The Ron Paul facebook page on the other hand is atrocious and has been for a while. I don't know what it is that draws so many of these unreasonable and extremely crass people to Ron's facebook page, but I haven't seem that kind of phenomena anywhere else really.

eleganz
04-12-2015, 01:19 PM

Now, for those folks who only sit in the basement and attack folks who they deem as not liberty enough in the interwebz and don't do anything else...they are not our allies.

In my opinion, by and large those who are the most vocal purists don't do anything. I hear it all the time from the laggards who never show up to anything activism related. Its the sign waving/protesting/Alex Jones listener/bullhorns are fun crowd.

Then there are people who are purist about Ron and skeptical of Rand but actually still do activism yet stay quiet about their beliefs on Rand because they still have skin in the game and speaking out against Rand in the fashion we see in the comments in question, is actually detrimental to their local/state/national and effective activism and any respect they had for Ron.

People who stay active in politics know how the game is played, the longer you are in politics, the more you can appreciate why Rand does the things he does.

Don't get me wrong, we've all been there. The young rebellious purist Ron Paul fanatics, but it isn't realistic to stay in that world forever if you want to see some type of improvement. You can't affect the "money changers" on Facebook.:toady:

hells_unicorn
04-12-2015, 01:34 PM

Most of the people who are trolling Ron Paul's Facebook are either anti-war leftists who utterly hate Christianity (which is hypocritical because Ron Paul is a pretty staunch Christian) or those dingy basement dwellers that you've mentioned here. Having dealt with these types for close to 8 years now, I can clearly say that creating divisions with these people is probably the best thing that could happen to the Liberty Movement, because they are far more damaging to it than the Neocons and the Wilsonians in the Democratic Party.

Now, regarding a number of people who are skeptical of Rand because of a few strategic votes that he's taken on Iran but who may end up supporting him, fair enough. But the people vowing to fight Rand Paul to the finish should not be treated with kid gloves, nor should we harbor any illusions about converting them, as both would be a complete waste of time.

RickyJ
04-12-2015, 05:22 PM

I see it this way, if Ron Paul promotes someone, regardless if it is his son or not, then they can't be that bad. Ron Paul is all about integrity and principle, he rarely compromises either of these. I know some will say he would support his son no matter what, but I don't think Ron Paul is that kind of person. If Rand was really on a bad path I really don't think Ron would support him even though he is his son.

nikcers
04-12-2015, 05:35 PM
The interesting thing is the r/ronpaul subreddit is actually pretty pro-Rand, judging from the comments there, what gets upvoted and what gets downvoted. The Ron Paul facebook page on the other hand is atrocious and has been for a while. I don't know what it is that draws so many of these unreasonable and extremely crass people to Ron's facebook page, but I haven't seem that kind of phenomena anywhere else really.

The sad truth is a lot of his supporters actually think this:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/ron-paul-withholding-presidential-endorsement-unti,38392

fr33
04-13-2015, 09:32 PM
We dont need the purists. By the time Rand gets the nomination he will have the largest coalition since Reagan... How's that for growing the liberty movement?

That person he quoted isn't even a purist. They support Gary Johnson who is even less libertarian than Rand. That's just a damned fool.

r3volution 3.0
04-13-2015, 09:43 PM

If my fellow cats will allow me to rhetorically herd them for a moment, let me say something about libertarians.

The kind of folks you're very rightly complaining about are not representative of libertarians in general.

One can in fact be a libertarian without being an asshole.

One can in fact be a libertarian without being an irrational purist when it comes to practical politics.

The overwhelming majority of libertarians (based on my long but anecdotal experience) despise the sort you're talking about as much as you do.

I like to call them the "muh roads" brigade - because they obsess over trivia (like state ownership of roads), have no perspective, no common sense, etc.

You'll find that most here, and most throughout the liberty movement, are much more clear-thinking and reasonable people.

CPUd
04-13-2015, 11:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Yj9Xe2A.gif

Spikender
04-13-2015, 11:37 PM
The sad truth is a lot of his supporters actually think this:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/ron-paul-withholding-presidential-endorsement-unti,38392

The Onion's best article ever written.

As for the topic at hand, it's pretty sad that people have to so openly trash Rand on Ron's page. I'm one of those folks who isn't absolutely sold on Rand on a lot of issues, but I'm still supporting him because I believe that he's the best hope we have to recapture liberty in the Executive branch and because he's still a liberty lover at heart, despite the issues we disagree on. The only candidate I've ever been 100% with is Ron Paul, and I can't expect everyone to live up to that.

I just wish some people would keep it to themselves as I have and continue to fight for liberty with positive emotions instead of negative emotions.

Barrex
04-14-2015, 04:17 AM
Purists who want purist candidate need to be pure them selfs: dont pay taxes, dont stop when police wants to pull you over, dont get licensed to practice your craft, smoke weed in front of a cop, eat mushrooms in front of a cop and a cow, and so on.

They they would be pure enough and their demands would have some merit.

Unknownuser
04-14-2015, 07:41 AM

These are the same people that told me after miscarrying 3 of my babies that I didn't deserve children because I stand by my husband who served in the corp...because I would raise them up to be murderors. That was on the DP.

Unknownuser
04-14-2015, 07:48 AM

It's actually not horrible that some of the most vocals are bashing him on the boards. It shows a separation from the lunatics that ruined Rons campaign.