PDA

View Full Version : CA-New water restrictions include $500 fine for long showers.

Anti Federalist
04-11-2015, 12:59 PM
And how the hell will "they" know how long of a shower I am taking?

Simple, the "internet of things" will rat you out.

"Smart" electric meters, "smart" water heaters, "smart" well pumps, "smart" flash heaters and all the rest will all contain enough info for the clam cops to piece together how long your showers are.

Yay! Technology!

CA Residents Fined $500 a Day for Long Showers While Big Business Gets Special Treatment

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/california-governor-residents-face-fines-500-day-long-showers/#zXddwr01Uu7JU2bh.99

Los Angeles, Calif. – On Sunday, California Governor Jerry Brown (D) appeared on ABC’s “This Week” program, making what can be described as nothing less than Orwellian statements regarding emergency measures to be enacted by the state to combat potential water shortages.

“This executive order is done under emergency power. It has the force of law. Very unusual. It’s requiring action and changes in behavior from the Oregon border all the way to the Mexican border. It affects lawns. It affects people’s — how long they stay in the shower. How businesses use water,” Brown said.

Brown went on to address enforcement of the new executive order stating, “Each water district that actually delivers waters — water to homes and businesses, they carry it out. We have a state water board that oversees the relationships with the districts. Hundreds of them. If they don’t comply, people can be fined $500 a day. Districts can go to court to get a cease and desist order. The enforcement mechanism is powerful. In a drought of this magnitude, you have to change that behavior and you have to change it substantially.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtXErlYP4VA

When you are threatened with being fined $500 dollars a day for taking “too long of a shower;” can you really continue to convince yourself that you live in a “free country?”

Natural Citizen
04-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Drought-stricken California’s fracking operations used 70 mn gallons of water last year (http://rt.com/usa/247577-california-fracking-drought-water/)

heavenlyboy34
04-11-2015, 01:10 PM
WTF? Someone's running a racket out there. There's nothing like that in Phoenix and it's much hotter here than anywhere in CA. There's a number of rivers out there, yes? Those Californians should have someone call Salt River Project to figure out how to do it.

phill4paul
04-11-2015, 01:14 PM
http://blog.personalized-golf-balls.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/tumblr_mljkpbsbp91rjcfxro1_400.gif

Natural Citizen
04-11-2015, 01:37 PM
http://blog.personalized-golf-balls.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/tumblr_mljkpbsbp91rjcfxro1_400.gif

Ha! That was funny. But, yeah. I agree....

presence
04-11-2015, 01:37 PM
And how the hell will "they" know how long of a shower I am taking?

Simple, the "internet of things" will rat you out.

"Smart" electric meters, "smart" water heaters, "smart" well pumps, "smart" flash heaters and all the rest will all contain enough info for the clam cops to piece together how long your showers are.

Yay! Technology!

the cops won't be piecing it together... Any programmer worth his weight in salt could quicly algo that and spit out a daily feed of long shower takers.

Christian Liberty
04-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Speechless.

invisible
04-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Drought-stricken California’s fracking operations used 70 mn gallons of water last year (http://rt.com/usa/247577-california-fracking-drought-water/)

Beat me to it. A $500 fine for us taking a 30-gallon-long shower is to make sure that water is saved for fracking operations that use millions and millions of gallons.

Natural Citizen
04-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Beat me to it. A $500 fine for us taking a 30-gallon-long shower is to make sure that water is saved for fracking operations that use millions and millions of gallons.

Yeah, corporations are only people too when its convenient. :cool:

euphemia
04-11-2015, 03:09 PM
There are showers at the gym and at the gym at work. If it gets to that point, then I will stop showering at home altogether.

CaptUSA
04-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Rationing is a result of not allowing supply and demand to operate. In a drought, when scarcity becomes intensified, the price of water should skyrocket. No laws needed. People will conserve on their own. They will figure out for themselves the costs of a long shower or a green lawn and they will make their own decisions. Freedom.

But NO...

That's not what the want in the People's Republic of Kalifornia. They don't want their prices to rise. In order to raise their prices to accurately reflect the demand, they would have to violate the "regulations". <----THAT is the problem. Not technology. Not corporate greed. (Although, corporate greed is as fault for putting, and keeping, the regulations in place) It's a government screwing with liberty and not allowing the free market to function.

KCIndy
04-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Actually, if the EPA has its way all the water will be monitored via a wireless flow monitor attached directly to the shower. This was an idea aimed at hotels (at least that's what they want us to believe) but how much does anyone want to be that these will be used IMMEDIATELY in California due to the water "crisis" currently being pushed by the politicians?

I'm also guessing that we will soon see a push to install these in every shower in every house anywhere there is ANY sort of so-called "crisis." This way anyone who owns a well and wants to use their own water will be subject to mandatory monitoring as well.

I'm also guessing there will be draconian penalties for tampering with the monitor. The lil' bastard will be locked on there like a house arrest ankle cuff.

All for our own good, of course. :mad::mad::mad:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/17/epa-wants-to-monitor-how-long-hotel-guests-spend-in-shower/

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) wants hotels to monitor how much time its guests spend in the shower.

The agency is spending $15,000 to create a wireless system that will track how much water a hotel guest uses to get them to “modify their behavior.”

“Hotels consume a significant amount of water in the U.S. and around the world,” an EPA grant to the University of Tulsa reads. “Most hotels do not monitor individual guest water usage and as a result, millions of gallons of potable water are wasted every year by hotel guests.”

“The proposed work aims to develop a novel low cost wireless device for monitoring water use from hotel guest room showers,” it said. “This device will be designed to fit most new and existing hotel shower fixtures and will wirelessly transmit hotel guest water usage data to a central hotel accounting system.”

The funding is going toward creating a prototype and market analysis for the device. The goal of the project is to change the behavior of Americans when they stay at hotels.

luctor-et-emergo
04-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Rationing is a result of not allowing supply and demand to operate. In a drought, when scarcity becomes intensified, the price of water should skyrocket. No laws needed. People will conserve on their own. They will figure out for themselves the costs of a long shower or a green lawn and they will make their own decisions. Freedom.

But NO...

That's not what the want in the People's Republic of Kalifornia. They don't want their prices to rise. In order to raise their prices to accurately reflect the demand, they would have to violate the "regulations". <----THAT is the problem. Not technology. Not corporate greed. (Although, corporate greed is as fault for putting, and keeping, the regulations in place) It's a government screwing with liberty and not allowing the free market to function.

This. Nothing to add.

KCIndy
04-11-2015, 03:47 PM
There are showers at the gym and at the gym at work. If it gets to that point, then I will stop showering at home altogether.

Sorry, but those will be monitored too. See my post above. :(

CaptUSA
04-11-2015, 03:58 PM
This. Nothing to add.

Wait, no. There is more to add...

With the skyrocketing water prices of a free market would come an incredible incentive for industrious businessmen to make a profit by bringing in more water. You might not be able to do a rain dance to bring more water to California, but the free market would do it for you without much of an effort.

They have to allow the prices to rise.

luctor-et-emergo
04-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Wait, no. There is more to add...

With the skyrocketing water prices of a free market would come an incredible incentive for industrious businessmen to make a profit by bringing in more water. You might not be able to do a rain dance to bring more water to California, but the free market would do it for you without much of an effort.

They have to allow the prices to rise.

Which is funny actually, I read an article from the 70's today where they were speculating about capturing drifting icebergs and transporting them somewhere to be used as freshwater. Then I found a modern article speculating about the same thing. Both articles mentioned that a single large iceberg represents a value of tens of millions of dollars or somewhere in that order. I don't know how many of these float around each year, but it's more than dozens. Some make it to sub-tropical areas on their own before completely melting.

I'd say that if water prices were allowed to rise someone would build some large scale desalination plants, theres a lot of salt water around and California has plenty of sun to power the desalination...

Natural Citizen
04-11-2015, 04:25 PM

But NO...

What do you know about weather derivatives? Anything?

Here is a brief once over. Although it is dated a bit given technological advances... http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/weather/files/WEA_intro_to_weather_der.pdf

Here are some recent findings with regard to what mat be happening out there... 'The blob' in Pacific Ocean might be to blame for California drought, erratic US weather - studies (http://rt.com/usa/248749-blob-pacific-california-drought/)

"It's an interesting question if that's just natural variability happening or if there's something changing about how the Pacific Ocean decadal variability behaves," Hartmann said. "I don't think we know the answer. Maybe it will go away quickly and we won't talk about it anymore, but if it persists for a third year, then we'll know something really unusual is going on."

Anti Federalist
04-11-2015, 04:38 PM

Where shower captains will monitor you for compliance and revoke your membership and turn you in for non compliance.

Anti Federalist
04-11-2015, 04:41 PM
I'm also guessing that we will soon see a push to install these in every shower in every house anywhere there is ANY sort of so-called "crisis." This way anyone who owns a well and wants to use their own water will be subject to mandatory monitoring as well.

I'm also guessing there will be draconian penalties for tampering with the monitor. The lil' bastard will be locked on there like a house arrest ankle cuff.

Yes, count on it, comrade.

donnay
04-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Where shower captains will monitor you for compliance.

Hell no they will just install cameras in the shower rooms. But those smart meters will snitch you out first.

Anti Federalist
04-11-2015, 04:43 PM
Hell no they will just install cameras in the shower rooms. But those smart meters will snitch you out first.

Now that's progressive thinking comrade!

Carlybee
04-11-2015, 04:44 PM
Maybe they should've reconsidered banning rainwater collection before now.

Anti Federalist
04-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Maybe they should've reconsidered banning rainwater collection before now.

You don't own that.

ThePaleoLibertarian
04-11-2015, 04:49 PM
I live in CA and the drought here is really bad. It's been doing untold damage to all sorts of industries, but is obviously made worse because of the insane over-regulation. I fear this is just the beginning of more regulation. With the the insane government (the local governments are often just as bad), the widespread Hispanification of So. Cal and the terrible economy; the foreseeable future CA is dark indeed.

JohnGalt1225
04-11-2015, 05:46 PM

But NO...

Well raising the prices would be because "fascist water companies hate poor people" and "if only the government would go after these vicious predators of the lower class we wouldn't be in this situation."

JohnGalt1225
04-11-2015, 05:47 PM
I live in CA and the drought here is really bad. It's been doing untold damage to all sorts of industries, but is obviously made worse because of the insane over-regulation. I fear this is just the beginning of more regulation. With the the insane government (the local governments are often just as bad), the widespread Hispanification of So. Cal and the terrible economy; the foreseeable future CA is dark indeed.
'Tis why I'm leaving next year. Probably headed to Nevada.

phill4paul
04-11-2015, 05:59 PM
Where shower captains will monitor you for compliance and revoke your membership and turn you in for non compliance.

Banned. This is a job for the government. You can't be licensed for that. This is the realm of the Department of Public Showers.

http://www.crmvet.org/crmpics/bham-firehose4.jpg

http://gifs.gifmania.hk/Animated-Gifs-Movies-Cinema/Animations-Planet-Apes/planet-apes.gif

Zippyjuan
04-12-2015, 11:49 AM
It isn't specifically a fine for showers but a fine for how much total water the household uses- whether that is showers or watering the lawn. There isn't a meter on everybody' showers. They want a further 25% reduction in water used by cities but people have been cutting back for years now and it is getting harder to reduce more. Despite population growth, total water usage in the state is lower than it was five years ago. The Carlsbad Desalinization Plant comes online in San Diego county and that is expected to provide enough water for 70,000 homes (San Diego County has about 2 million residents).

Anti Federalist
04-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Banned. This is a job for the government. You can't be licensed for that. This is the realm of the Department of Public Showers.

Damn right.

Now, move the fuck along.

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/ferguson-military-police-protests.jpg?quality=65&strip=color&w=838

Ronin Truth
04-12-2015, 12:25 PM
What's the fine for long baths in the ocean? :rolleyes:

TheTexan
04-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Do you really need a long shower?

phill4paul
04-12-2015, 01:50 PM

Some do, apparently....

Witnesses and DOC reports indicate [inmate] Rainey was left in the scalding hot water for hours, allegedly as punishment for defecating in his cell.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article1972693.html#storylink=cpy

Anti Federalist
04-12-2015, 02:07 PM

They banned "high capacity assault showers".

Anti Federalist
04-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Some do, apparently....

Witnesses and DOC reports indicate [inmate] Rainey was left in the scalding hot water for hours, allegedly as punishment for defecating in his cell.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article1972693.html#storylink=cpy

Rainey did that to himself.

He should obeyed harder.

KCIndy
04-12-2015, 02:16 PM

Wrinkled skin and salt water rashes??

:D

tod evans
04-12-2015, 02:22 PM

Assault by SWAT, definite placement on the sex offenders registry and possibly death for not complying hard enough...

idiom
04-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Funny. Most places that I go that have timers on the showers due to limited water are all privately owned.

About time the government caught up to the free market.

KCIndy
04-12-2015, 03:01 PM
It isn't specifically a fine for showers but a fine for how much total water the household uses- whether that is showers or watering the lawn. There isn't a meter on everybody' showers.

You're right. There are no meters on showers. YET.

But per my earlier post, the EPA actually did just announce that they want to issue wireless shower meters to hotels. No, it's not a requirement. Not at the moment. But back in the early 90s I would have laughed aloud at the idea the government could ever get by with telling us how much water we could use per minute in our showers (2.5 gpm became mandatory in 1994) and per flush of our toilets (1997).

Today, I know better. If they're talking about the technology, they're already thinking about doing it. In my opinion, it will just be a matter of time. And it won't end with hotels.

To be clear, I'm not trying to be a one-sided sensationalist. The EPA's version of the story is that they simply want to help save water, and they think this gizmo would do the job wonderfully.

Personally I find it horribly invasive.

But let's ignore all the slanted or biased news stories from both the left and right side of the internet. I'm cutting straight to the source. HERE is the article directly from the EPA' web site, written by one of the top guys in the agency:

http://blog.epa.gov/epaconnect/2015/03/when-hotels-save-water-they-save-money-too/

WHEN HOTELS SAVE WATER, THEY SAVE MONEY TOO

By Ken Kopocis
Last year we funded a proposal for students at the University of Tulsa to develop a novel low-cost wireless device for monitoring water use from hotel guest room showers. This device would be designed to fit most new and existing hotel shower fixtures and wirelessly transmit water usage data to a central hotel accounting system. If these monitors were ultimately manufactured and deployed, it would be used by hotels to help them understand their water usage. EPA would not see this data at all, as has been reported by some media outlets.

continued, more at link

Ken Kopocis is currently Deputy Assistant Administrator for Office of Water at Environmental Protection Agency

ETA: Correction. Upon further research, it appears 1994 was the year virtually all the plumbing regulations were introduced, includiung both the 2.5 gpm limit on showers and the 1.6 gallon per flush on toilets.

KCIndy
04-12-2015, 03:03 PM
Funny. Most places that I go that have timers on the showers due to limited water are all privately owned.

Where the hell are those places? Please tell me so I can make sure to avoid them.

Timers on the shower? Screw that. I'll sleep on a park bench before I pay good money to have my showers limited.

angelatc
04-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Which is funny actually, I read an article from the 70's today where they were speculating about capturing drifting icebergs and transporting them somewhere to be used as freshwater. Then I found a modern article speculating about the same thing. Both articles mentioned that a single large iceberg represents a value of tens of millions of dollars or somewhere in that order. I don't know how many of these float around each year, but it's more than dozens. Some make it to sub-tropical areas on their own before completely melting.

I'd say that if water prices were allowed to rise someone would build some large scale desalination plants, theres a lot of salt water around and California has plenty of sun to power the desalination...

This is exactly what the NESTLE'S ceo was talking about when he said that water is not a human right thing. It isn't a right - it's a commodity. Getting the government to pass it out carries the exact same costs as every other instance of a government rationing a commodity. There is no competition, no downward pressure on prices, and no incentives to invest in alternate means of delivery.

But the liberals insist he is evil for pointing this out.

luctor-et-emergo
04-12-2015, 03:19 PM
This is exactly what the NESTLE'S ceo was talking about when he said that water is not a human right thing. It isn't a right - it's a commodity. Getting the government to pass it out carries the exact same costs as every other instance of a government rationing a commodity. There is no competition, no downward pressure on prices, and no incentives to invest in alternate means of delivery.

But the liberals insist he is evil for pointing this out.

Shooting the messenger is a popular sport among socialists.

Ronin Truth
04-12-2015, 03:21 PM
Wrinkled skin and salt water rashes??

:D I guess I should have added, followed by a quick rinse in the river.

Root
04-12-2015, 03:24 PM
If you like your shower, you can keep your shower...

Stratovarious
04-12-2015, 04:04 PM
70% of Earth's surface is water and Humans are waiting on the weather.
NSA knows everytime you spit, the Government is more intent on
illegally listening to our private conversations and reviewing our financial transactions than
developing redundant systems to sustain life.

Shocking News,LOL... Agenda 21 doesn't want the government to do a ###K### thing but spy, vaccinate, fill with BHP, Cancer, incarcerate, t
ake our 'stuff' and bury us.

Ask me how I really feel tomorrow...

, ,

Stratovarious
04-12-2015, 04:05 PM
If you like your shower, you can keep your shower...

:D:D

Stratovarious
04-12-2015, 04:11 PM
"CA-New water restrictions include $500 fine for long showers."

Dianne Feinstein had to take a cold shower after reading this.

, ,

Brian4Liberty
04-12-2015, 07:14 PM
There's an easy solution. Welcome in another 100 million immigrants into California, and the problem will magically go away.

invisible
04-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Dianne Feinstein had to take a cold shower after reading this.

I'd rather give her a nice warm one, gratis.

euphemia
04-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Are country clubs still watering golf courses?

Brian4Liberty
04-12-2015, 07:43 PM
No worries people, CA water utilities are proposing across the board surcharges for all customers. More government revenue will create more rain.

mad cow
04-12-2015, 07:44 PM

Good question.

Stratovarious
04-12-2015, 07:45 PM

Acckkk!!! I probably missed your point , but don't you find her just a tad creepy ??

https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/show_picture.pl?l=english&cat=pics&c=pf&q=dianne+feinstein&h=1475&w=998&th=237&tw=160&fn=Dianne_Feinstein_2010.jpg&fs=642.9 k&el=boss_pics_1&tu=http:%2F%2Fts3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DHN.60799 4054833603106%26pid%3D15.1%26H%3D237%26W%3D160&rl=NONE&u=http:%2F%2Fcommons.wikimedia.org%2Fwiki%2FFile:D ianne_Feinstein_2010.jpg&udata=de29933588e42778b16cee2b013678f3&rid=MGLOMSSSTLNM223GFQYJUE&oiu=http:%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2F commons%2Fb%2Fb2%2FDianne_Feinstein_2010.jpg

, ,

Stratovarious
04-12-2015, 07:49 PM

Yes, absolutely no doubt , they will make a big deal out of shutting them down in time.

Can you imagine the impact on Pool Builders..... The Governor only knows about the end of Calif 12 months ahead of time , this is
why everyone 30 years ago knew without question what a moron Brown is/was....

, ,

, ,

Zippyjuan
04-12-2015, 08:09 PM
You're right. There are no meters on showers. YET.

But per my earlier post, the EPA actually did just announce that they want to issue wireless shower meters to hotels. No, it's not a requirement. Not at the moment. But back in the early 90s I would have laughed aloud at the idea the government could ever get by with telling us how much water we could use per minute in our showers (2.5 gpm became mandatory in 1994) and per flush of our toilets (1997).

Today, I know better. If they're talking about the technology, they're already thinking about doing it. In my opinion, it will just be a matter of time. And it won't end with hotels.

To be clear, I'm not trying to be a one-sided sensationalist. The EPA's version of the story is that they simply want to help save water, and they think this gizmo would do the job wonderfully.

Personally I find it horribly invasive.

But let's ignore all the slanted or biased news stories from both the left and right side of the internet. I'm cutting straight to the source. HERE is the article directly from the EPA' web site, written by one of the top guys in the agency:

http://blog.epa.gov/epaconnect/2015/03/when-hotels-save-water-they-save-money-too/

Ken Kopocis is currently Deputy Assistant Administrator for Office of Water at Environmental Protection Agency

ETA: Correction. Upon further research, it appears 1994 was the year virtually all the plumbing regulations were introduced, includiung both the 2.5 gpm limit on showers and the 1.6 gallon per flush on toilets.

If these monitors were ultimately manufactured and deployed,

Not even made yet.

Danke
04-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Californians could learn sometime from the Eskimos.

Brian4Liberty
04-12-2015, 08:30 PM

Most golf courses use reclaimed water. Then again, a lot of water utilities add a certain amount of reclaimed water back to the "potable" water (not a well advertised fact). All water is recycled, from a global sense. A line from your toilet to your faucet significantly reduces the time and distance involved though. :o

Suzanimal
04-12-2015, 08:37 PM

http://i.imgur.com/DZboh1sm.png

JohnGalt1225
04-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Some do, apparently....

Well Florida isn't in a drought so they can do these kind of things for their citizen's own good of course.

puppetmaster
04-12-2015, 09:31 PM
damn stinky Californians will be coming over here to Nevada to shower......

amy31416
04-12-2015, 10:53 PM
Man, Dannno is gonna be one big stanky pothead. :p

euphemia
04-13-2015, 05:33 AM
But in Oregon, people are in trouble for collecting rainwater. I guess golf courses are allowed to reclaim water but private citizens aren't?

paleocon1
04-13-2015, 08:34 AM
Since this is happening to Cali progs I am not too concerned. Their pain is 100% self inflicted.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-13-2015, 08:44 AM
It isn't specifically a fine for showers...

Tell that to Jerry Brown, the Democrat for whom you voted.

It affects people’s — how long they stay in the shower. How businesses use water,” Brown said.

Stratovarious
04-13-2015, 10:05 AM
California is the LOST STATE, imo....as I've already mentioned.
1 year warning , then we're done, more or less.

What bothers me most probably is the fact (as I understand it) 10% roughly is 'urban' , wtf over ?

Sure they can create generations on welfare , give everyone elses money away to someone the gov chooses
to give it to, and not build desalinization plants, reservoirs...

10 times the total water consumption is going to 'other than' residences, and they are going to put you guys in jail soon
for taking showers.

The environment is very important to me as well as some common sense conservation, but Ca is being run
by baboons, you people are being sold to the highest global bidders.

The next step is to reduce ca farming and import from China which is more Globalization,Tyranny, and Cancer
from a nation that vivisects it's own citizens and sells their organs.

http://www.ppic.org/main/publication_show.asp?i=1108
, ,

dillo
04-13-2015, 10:31 AM
How hard is it to dig your own well?

phill4paul
04-13-2015, 10:43 AM

In some places...Verboten. That water is not yours. It's the collectives. You can't even catch from the sky and keep it for a short time.

Brian4Liberty
04-13-2015, 10:52 AM
damn stinky Californians will be coming over here to Nevada to shower......

Since this is happening to Cali progs I am not too concerned. Their pain is 100% self inflicted.

The funny thing is, when the middle class progs turn an area into an overcrowded, over-expensive, resource starved, statist, socialist nightmare, they are also generally the first to flee to greener pastures. Laugh while you may at the destruction of California and other statist urban centers, they will be destroying your town soon enough. Many cities and States already know what happens when the fleeing progs arrive.

But the Cali progs are still in California you say? The elite prog rulers do stay (Feinstein, Pelosi, Boxer, crony corporatist types). They keep themselves separate in exclusive areas, while the masses of mundanes live in the less desirable locations. Brazil has long been the model.

Mani
04-14-2015, 02:23 AM
I was just there in California.

No one washes their car or waters their lawn anymore. It's a no-no. A car-wash place costs something outrageous I think it was $40 or something for a simple car wash.

My uncle got tired of all the B.S. and ripped out his lawn and now it's green turf on the front of his lawn.

The restaurants they would not offer water to drink unless you specifically asked for it. One of the guys who had a restaurant said the news is warning they will be out of water by next year.

My friend at the hotel complained about the water pressure, LOL, I told him it's not the hotel's fault, they are forced to have it that way. I had to take longer showers because the water pressure was poor.

Criminals:
http://www.alpinecommunitynetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/carwash_3851c1.jpg

Law breakers:

http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2011/04/fundraiser-car-wash.jpg

Illegal activity taking place here:
http://img.thrfun.com/img/091/243/car20wash_l.jpg

CALL THE COPS!!!!!!!

Hopefully there is a neighbor out there that will see something and say something to stop this illegal activity:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WLxnWXYToMg/SkjJwQ6AsiI/AAAAAAAABhM/X21vCWQ3ELo/s400/2009+0627+Danny+kids%27+water+slide.JPG

The Horror...The Horror..

http://www.backyardocean.com/v/vspfiles/images/categories/Banner-Kiddie-Pools.png

anaconda
04-14-2015, 02:28 AM

I'm thinking the TSA could seamlessly expand their current operations to include neighborhood shower assessment protocols.

Mani
04-14-2015, 02:45 AM
I'm thinking the TSA could seamlessly expand their current operations to include neighborhood shower assessment protocols.

Will they Tase people over 5 minutes in the shower? And if something unexpected happens (tasing people who are wet in the shower...)....well they were only doing their job..

anaconda
04-14-2015, 02:55 AM

jbauer
04-14-2015, 08:05 AM

But....then Florida and California wouldn't die in a flood caused by rising sea levels

jbauer
04-14-2015, 08:12 AM

All depends on the water table depth. In some places in the country you can do it with a shovel. In others you're drilling a couple hundred feet.

Anti Federalist
04-14-2015, 12:47 PM
This is called Californication.

Ask people in Austin, Denver and Billings about it.

Thankfully, here on the east coast, the Mass-holes and all the rest generally head south, not north to even colder climes.

Ask people in the Carolinas about it.

The funny thing is, when the middle class progs turn an area into an overcrowded, over-expensive, resource starved, statist, socialist nightmare, they are also generally the first to flee to greener pastures. Laugh while you may at the destruction of California and other statist urban centers, they will be destroying your town soon enough. Many cities and States already know what happens when the fleeing progs arrive.

But the Cali progs are still in California you say? The elite prog rulers do stay (Feinstein, Pelosi, Boxer, crony corporatist types). They keep themselves separate in exclusive areas, while the masses of mundanes live in the less desirable locations. Brazil has long been the model.

Slave Mentality
04-14-2015, 01:13 PM
Let's see, I think we have a wonderful recipe for failure here:

Desert environment....Check!
20+ million people.....Check!
Imported water.......Check!
Natural drought conditions....Check!
Fascism.........Check!

I remember the wise words of Sam Kinison: "It's a fucking desert people....there is no food!", or something of that sort when describing his disdain for sending food to Africa back in the 80's.

There was a time when California had a vibrant enough pseudo-free trade system where it was profitable to keep the area (as well as most of the Southwest) on life support. Not anymore. Vegas and Monsanto's whistles are wet, whilst the peasants are threatened with fines for drinking of The King's well. How long did people really think Southern CA could really go on with such a mechanical existence? Add every major Southwestern city to that list. It's a desert, which is usually not too great a place for humans to live naturally. There have been talks for years about rerouting part of the Mississippi to those greedy idiots.

Suzanimal
04-14-2015, 01:24 PM

Fascism.........Check!

I remember the wise words of Sam Kinison: "It's a fucking desert people....there is no food!", or something of that sort when describing his disdain for sending food to Africa back in the 80's.

There was a time when California had a vibrant enough pseudo-free trade system where it was profitable to keep the area (as well as most of the Southwest) on life support. Not anymore. Vegas and Monsanto's whistles are wet, whilst the peasants are threatened with fines for drinking of The King's well. How long did people really think Southern CA could really go on with such a mechanical existence? Add every major Southwestern city to that list. It's a desert, which is usually not too great a place for humans to live naturally. There have been talks for years about rerouting part of the Mississippi to those greedy idiots.

"Move to where the food is"

phill4paul
04-14-2015, 01:30 PM
This is called Californication.

Ask people in Austin, Denver and Billings about it.

Thankfully, here on the east coast, the Mass-holes and all the rest generally head south, not north to even colder climes.

Ask people in the Carolinas about it.

Don't get me started. Frikken half-backs.

Brian4Liberty
04-14-2015, 02:04 PM
I was just there in California.

No one washes their car or waters their lawn anymore. It's a no-no. A car-wash place costs something outrageous I think it was $40 or something for a simple car wash.

Let me guess, you were in Northern California, weren't you?

dannno
04-14-2015, 02:27 PM
A car-wash place costs something outrageous I think it was $40 or something for a simple car wash.

They have self-serve car washes that start at $2 and you can get a good wash with wax for $4-$5 out of those.

The drive-thru car washes usually start at $8.

You can get a $40 car wash but they will give you a full service wash, vacuum and a wipe down of all your interior, windows, dry your car for you, etc..

devil21
04-14-2015, 04:50 PM
One rarely mentioned contributing factor to CA drought. CHINA

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/04/1318778/-California-is-dying-of-thrist-while-it-uses-much-of-its-precious-water-to-raise-livestock-in-China#

That said, a single plant is leading California’s water consumption.

Unfortunately, it’s a plant that’s not generally cultivated for humans: alfalfa. Grown on over a million acres in California, alfalfa sucks up more water than any other crop in the state. And it has one primary destination: cattle. Increasingly popular grass-fed beef operations typically rely on alfalfa as a supplement to pasture grass. Alfalfa hay is also an integral feed source for factory-farmed cows, especially those involved in dairy production.

If Californians were eating all the beef they produced, one might write off alfalfa’s water footprint as the cost of nurturing local food systems. But that’s not what’s happening. Californians are sending their alfalfa, and thus their water, to Asia. The reason is simple. It’s more profitable to ship alfalfa hay from California to China than from the Imperial Valley to the Central Valley. Alfalfa growers are now exporting some 100 billion gallons of water a year from this drought-ridden region to the other side of the world in the form of alfalfa. All as more Asians are embracing the American-style, meat-hungry diet.

"A hundred billion gallons of water per year is being exported in the form of alfalfa from California," argues Professor Robert Glennon from Arizona College of Law.

"It's a huge amount. It's enough for a year's supply for a million families - it's a lot of water, particularly when you're looking at the dreadful drought throughout the south-west.

Koz
04-14-2015, 04:56 PM
I have not for one second regretted leaving California eight years ago.

idiom
04-14-2015, 05:31 PM
Where the hell are those places? Please tell me so I can make sure to avoid them.

Timers on the shower? Screw that. I'll sleep on a park bench before I pay good money to have my showers limited.

If there is no more water, nobody can buy any at any price.

But yeah you have a right to be incensed at privately owned water being rationed to customers so there is enough to go around.

idiom
04-14-2015, 05:39 PM

Over in the Libertarian ethics threads people have explained very clearly to me that collecting rainwater or digging a well is an act of aggression under the NAP.

Ideology is a beautiful thing.

I disagree, I don't think riperian rights are covered at all by the NAP. First person to drink the milkshake wins.

CPUd
04-14-2015, 05:41 PM

Fascism.........Check!

They also build large houses on the sides of the hills, so after the 1 big rain they get every 4 or 5 years, these houses come sliding down.

Zippyjuan
04-15-2015, 01:23 AM

A lot of your fruits and vegetables come from California.

puppetmaster
04-15-2015, 03:31 AM

Yep they bring thier moronic ideas and spread the poisen by voting.

LibForestPaul
04-15-2015, 04:30 AM

But NO...

It is not government or the State of California or big business. It is the people of California wanting to screw their neighbor so they get theirs. Understand. If 10 mil people did not want this, it would not exist.

Cap
04-15-2015, 05:25 AM
I'd rather give her a nice warm one, gratis.Now that's Golden right there. :D

Natural Citizen
04-15-2015, 08:28 AM
This is exactly what the NESTLE'S ceo was talking about when he said that water is not a human right thing. It isn't a right

Hm. It seems like Nestle thinks that it has the right to it water, though. No?

Feds investigating Nestle over reports of long-expired water permit amid California drought
(http://rt.com/usa/249321-nestle-california-forest-water/)

Nestle’s permit to transport water across San Bernardino National Forest expired in 1988.

Nevertheless, Nestle Waters North America has continued to tap into local wells in Strawberry Canyon, according to the paper, in order to acquire the main ingredient bottled for the product sold on supermarket shelves as “Arrowhead 100 percent Mountain Spring Water.”

The Desert Sun’s reporting about the potential impropriety led to an outcry that has prompted federal officials to try and get to the bottom as to why the company has continued to operate for 28 years sans permit, and in the midst of a historic state-wide drought.

a second entity – the Cucamonga Valley Water District – is also drawing water from the San Bernardino forest with an expired permit. The paper added that the company is under contract with Nestle and also provides water that’s sold in bottles.

Indeed, news of the company’s long-lapsed permit – and ongoing bottling operations – comes as California Governor Jerry Brown’s recent signing of a law that calls for a 25 percent mandatory cut in water use.

“Since this issue was raised and I became aware of how long that permit has been expired, I have made it a priority to work on this reissuance project,” San Bernardino National Forest Supervisor Jody Noiron told the Desert News on Friday.

“Now that it has been brought to my attention that the Nestle permit has been expired for so long, on top of the drought… it has gone to the top of the pile in terms of a program of work for our folks to work on,” Noiron said.

Brian4Liberty
04-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Will they Tase people over 5 minutes in the shower? And if something unexpected happens (tasing people who are wet in the shower...)....well they were only doing their job..

Great suggestion! It will be quite simple to incorporate a shocking device into the new electronic shower heads. Double plus good comrade, your rations will be doubled next week.

Stratovarious
04-15-2015, 11:53 AM

Yep, there are a lots of fruits' and Vegetables' in California...they should put that on their license plates.

& If they ever legalize pot, there will be more vegetables than fruits.

, ,

KCIndy
04-15-2015, 12:50 PM

...Yeah, and almost all the produce grown in California requires irrigation. Lots of irrigation. And that water all comes from the sources which are rapidly running dry.

KCIndy
04-15-2015, 01:11 PM
If there is no more water, nobody can buy any at any price.

But yeah you have a right to be incensed at privately owned water being rationed to customers so there is enough to go around.

Actually, I understand the need to conserve water. Last time I drove past Lake Mead it was damn near empty. And in the middle of the desert, that's scary indeed.

What really incenses me (to borrow your word) is being dictated to by those who believe it is their job to call the shots and tell everyone else what to do. Why? Because I can guaran-damn-tee that these same clowns who won't let me take a shower are probably using a LOT more water than I am, or ever will.

I don't wash my car.

I don't water my lawn.

I don't have a swimming pool.

I don't play golf on dozens of acres of heavily-watered grass.

So if I take a ten minute shower under a nozzle with an outflow approximating that of a fireman's hose, I will *STILL* not come close to using the amount of water that all these feckless political hacks use for their appearance and games and self-satisfaction.

If we're really getting to the point where water is becoming life-and-death scarce, and if the politicians truly refuse to allow a genuine free market approach to bring the situation under control, then we may as well divvy up the water and let each person use his ration as he sees fit.

The golfers can throw it on their putting greens. The gear heads can wash and shine their mechanical babies.

Me? I'll have one nice high volume shower with enough pressure that - for a pleasant change - will NOT feel like a dog is taking a long slow pee down the back of my neck.

Hrrmpf!!

Danke
04-15-2015, 01:42 PM

Don't forget about the nuts.

Zippyjuan
04-15-2015, 04:52 PM
Yep- lots of almonds and pistachios too.