PDA

View Full Version : Rand: College tuition should be tax deductible

devil21
04-10-2015, 04:29 PM
http://www.tidewaterreview.com/news/national-world-news/la-pn-paul-college-tuition-tax-deductible-20150410,0,6323327.story

Reporting from Iowa City, Iowa—

Tailoring his remarks to an audience of college students, presidential hopeful Rand Paul called for college tuition to be fully tax deductible and slashed at President Obama’s proposal to offer two free years of community college.

"The president says, 'I want to give you free college.' It sounds good at first, but think about it? How could it be free?" Paul said, noting that someone would have to pay for the professors and facilities. "I have a better idea. Let’s let college students deduct the entire cost of their educations over their working careers. Let’s make college tuition entirely deductible."

more at link about Iowa visit

TheSecretBillionaire
04-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Fair enough

phill4paul
04-10-2015, 05:01 PM
I like.

Kotin
04-10-2015, 05:03 PM
genius.

the student loans debt issue is pretty huge so this could be a winner.

The Northbreather
04-10-2015, 05:10 PM
Rands dialin in his game...

IndianaPolitico
04-10-2015, 05:34 PM
What I love about this is it does multiple things:

1: It lowers the price of college. This is a winning issue and it is good to see him getting out in front on this.
2: It creates another potential tax break which I believe is almost always a good thing.
3: It requires those that receive the 'benefits' to actually work. You can't deduct stuff from your taxes, unless you are actually getting a check and then paying your taxes.

I think this is going to be a very positive position for him.

devil21
04-10-2015, 05:52 PM
Sorta related but from the article. The DNC's strategy is going to be to trot out female mouthpieces at every opportunity and then claim "sexism" when their arguments are countered or proven inaccurate. The hypocrisy that will ensue will be epic, as they argue "inequality" talking points while claiming victim status when confronted as political equals without regard to gender.

"The problem for Rand Paul is that his record is almost entirely at odds with the priorities and values of young Iowans here in Iowa City and across our state," said Carter Bell, the president of the University of Iowa Democrats. "… As a student, and as a young woman in Iowa, I know Rand Paul’s policies would hurt college students, our state and our country."