PDA

View Full Version : Media's New Ron Paul Attack Method

jd603
12-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Promote Mike Huckabee to detract from Ron's support base.

Everybody is doing it! It's the "cool" thing to do.

Pat Buchanan even said on CNN today that Mike Huckabee is a contender for the GOP nomination and Ron Paul is not.

It's a sick world we live in.

Lord Xar
12-04-2007, 06:48 PM
you ain't too far off...

Blowback
12-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Yea, Pat kind of pissed me off today.

I was planning on reading his book at some point and recommending it to others but now... Hell no.

If he loves Dr. Paul and agrees with his stances so much then he needs to grow a pair and support Dr. Paul.

Maybe he is trying to do some kind of reverse psychology or maybe he thinks that his endorsement would hurt the campaign but I just feel like I am making up excuses for him when I think these thoughts.

I don't think it's a big deal and the Ron Paul campaign will continue along kicking ass and taking names but it does very much confuse me. Is he turning into another Tucker?

rich34
12-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Promote Mike Huckabee to detract from Ron's support base.

Everybody is doing it! It's the "cool" thing to do.

Pat Buchanan even said on CNN today that Mike Huckabee is a contender for the GOP nomination and Ron Paul is not.

It's a sick world we live in.

I was very disappointed when Pat said that. I also thought it was crap when he said that if Paul ran as a third party candidate that he would give the White House to the democrats. Uh....Pat, the republicans are just as bad and this administration is even WORSE! I'm not sure what to think about him now.

Triton
12-04-2007, 06:52 PM
We need a Rudy-spoiler, and that is just what Hucksterbee is. Bring it on. Let's have 8 front runners. If that happens, we win.

Blowback
12-04-2007, 06:53 PM
I was very disappointed when Pat said that. I also thought it was crap when he said that if Paul ran as a third party candidate that he would give the White House to the democrats. Uh....Pat, the republicans are just as bad and this administration is even WORSE! I'm not sure what to think about him now.

Agree completely. I never would have thought that Pat = party before policy

FreeTraveler
12-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Is Pat Robertson CFR?

AlexMerced
12-04-2007, 06:54 PM
well, I think 6 is good, I think a tancredo surge would our base, and hunter surge would make me lose faith in humanity

Joey Wahoo
12-04-2007, 06:56 PM
There is a bright side of this: the Republican elite are teaming up for a Huckabee beat down. The shine will all soon be knocked off the charlatan. Meanwhile we'll keep picking up support.

We want to be the campaign that surges last.

curtisag
12-04-2007, 06:57 PM
You can't expect Pat to endorse Ron Paul. I happen to disagree with his assessment of the race which is very much in flux right now. I think if he were properly informed about the Revolution he would have a different opinion. Ron Paul can come out of nowhere in the polls just like Huckster. Pat is very much a part of the media establishment and doesn't talk to real people anymore.

Blowback
12-04-2007, 06:57 PM
well, I think 6 is good, I think a tancredo surge would our base, and hunter surge would make me lose faith in humanity

The "Huckaboom" (or whatever it is) is making me lose my faith in humanity.

Fortunately we all know that his poll numbers are just a result of the massive amount of hype the media has put in to him over the last month. He has no grassroots.

Moving forward, I know that my faith in humanity will be restored once they count the votes of the only poll that matters and Ron Paul comes out on top.

literatim
12-04-2007, 06:59 PM
I don't think Pat Buchanan is really paying attention to the grassroots at all. We have an advantage over Pat Buchanan's old grassroots: we have the internet and an immediate life or death (of our nation) situation on our hands.

As much as I cringe at Huckabee getting such high polling numbers, I think it is a necessity to bring his skeletons out of the closet before the primaries. We also need him splitting up the vote.

jd603
12-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Oh it is NOT just Pat, many web sites, other people on CNN and MSNBC, all the networks... its a collaborative effort. No it's not my imagination. :)

You can't expect Pat to endorse Ron Paul. I happen to disagree with his assessment of the race which is very much in flux right now. I think if he were properly informed about the Revolution he would have a different opinion. Ron Paul can come out of nowhere in the polls just like Huckster. Pat is very much a part of the media establishment and doesn't talk to real people anymore.

mwkaufman
12-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Anyone find it hilarious that Pat talks about costing the Republicans the presidency, when his 17,484 votes in Florida in 2000 very well could have cost Bush the presidency?

Ethek
12-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Pat has no idea about the blimp.

The blimp is the great equalizer. The poll smasher. It's power to create goodwill is unmatched in the realm of politics. It will be glorious.

Daswiz
12-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Pat spews his "front-runner" and prediction B.S. to get on TV and radio to sell his BOOK. Thats the first thing they mentioned when they introduced him, his new book. He is on there to make money just like the rest of the politicians. They would not give him the time of day if he didn't sit there and say the usual political analyst bullshit of how this is a three horse race. I know alot of us like Pat but he is not gonna be there to endorse or boost up Ron as long as he is there to promote himself and sell books on Faux, CNN and every other media outlet.

This is about us (Ron +grassroots + handful of strong level headed endorsements) VS Them (MSM, the corrupt system, ignorant Americans, and greedy dirty politicans)

Blowback
12-04-2007, 07:14 PM

The blimp is the great equalizer. The poll smasher. It's power to create goodwill is unmatched in the realm of politics. It will be glorious.

lol

I'd give $200 if I could only hear a political pudit say those exact words with a straight face on a news show. It would be awesome.

"THE BLIMP SOLVES"

IHaveaDream
12-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Let's welcome the distraction. Ever heard the story about the little dog that ran off with the bone while two bigger dogs were fighting over it? :D

ProfNo
12-04-2007, 07:16 PM

I am afraid that they will ignore the blimp. Remember that there were plans flying over the last debate with Ron Paul signs but they were not even mentioned.

On a different note, Huckabee is making me sick. I despise them continuing to push him. What is wrong with people?

quickmike
12-04-2007, 07:49 PM
I understand where Pat is coming from. He looks at Ron Paul and sees a lot of similarities to his stances and his run for the presidency that failed. He agrees with Ron more than any other candidate and believes that there are just not enough americans who really want freedom and constitutional government. His only problem is the fact that he isnt taking into consideration that Ron has the internet to help spread the message and an army of people out there promoting him and are actually going to make it to the polls rain or shine, unlike Pat back in 96 and 2000.

Pat isnt a bad guy. He just doesnt understand the power of the internet.

Lets show him how it works. :D

I know the media is against Ron, but dont let that bother you. They were against Reagan too. They said he didnt have a chance and made fun of him all the way up to the day of the primaries. They called him crazy, unrealistic with his small government views and too old to be president.

we all know what happened there.

Tina
12-04-2007, 08:03 PM
I am afraid that they will ignore the blimp. Remember that there were plans flying over the last debate with Ron Paul signs but they were not even mentioned.

On a different note, Huckabee is making me sick. I despise them continuing to push him. What is wrong with people?

I've heard it mentioned twice, that's all. But it surely had to impact the people that were there.

werdd
12-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Basically, when RP wins the nomination hes going to get every freaking endorsement out there, its just everyone is too afraid to endorse someone like Ron Paul with fear of tarnishing their own political careers at this point. I guarantee theres thousands of potential endorsements held back by the lack of a spine in the media.