PDA

View Full Version : Fox News on The Kelly File tonight has literally spend over 30 minutes on Rand's temper...

kbs021
04-09-2015, 10:39 PM
Just hope Rand is on his toes everywhere. This is a joke. I have never heard so much crap. "This isn't presidential," "This is ruining his launch," "He made this an issue, not the reporters" They are even saying that him telling the stations to stop the false adds is adding to this argument. They spend barely any time on the new polls where Rand is killing it. If Rand wins this thing, it will be despite Fox. They will continue to be negative about Rand, just like Ron. Rand should seriously make an ad about this. I have never seen Fox News whine so much. The American people want a fighter. I am very glad that he fired back at the DNC for their position on abortion today. Sure maybe next time he can just state that the reports are not using facts, but this is dumb.

cero
04-09-2015, 10:49 PM
again?

r3volution 3.0
04-09-2015, 10:50 PM
Just hope Rand is on his toes everywhere. This is a joke. I have never heard so much crap. "This isn't presidential," "This is ruining his launch," "He made this an issue, not the reporters" They are even saying that him telling the stations to stop the false adds is adding to this argument. They spend barely any time on the new polls where Rand is killing it. If Rand wins this thing, it will be despite Fox. They will continue to be negative about Rand, just like Ron. Rand should seriously make an ad about this. I have never seen Fox News whine so much. The American people want a fighter. I am very glad that he fired back at the DNC for their position on abortion today. Sure maybe next time he can just state that the reports are not using facts, but this is dumb.

I think they're overplaying their hand big time.

The word "hubris" comes to mind.

If you compare the Fox coverage to the coverage by conservative radio and internet, it's night and day.

In all the years in the liberty movement, I don't remember ever seeing such an outpouring of support from the latter.

(which is absurd considering how trivial this issue is in substance, but I'll take it!)

I think it's all gonna backfire on them and help us. Just wait for the next round of polls...

Dana Perino's gonna throw that f-king dog of her's out the window in a tizzy. :cool:

CPUd
04-09-2015, 10:55 PM
The reason they are trying to bring up issues about Rand and women interviewers I believe is somehow tied to Rand not polling well with women. But I'm not sure if Rand's campaign are the ones pulling the strings or an opposing campaign. It seems to be working out in his favor, but it could be someone trying to attack and fail. Or possibly succeed, based on what the polls look like in a week or 3.

Sola_Fide
04-09-2015, 10:58 PM
Fox will predictably support the establishment candidate.

specsaregood
04-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Fox will predictability support the establishment candidate.

Fox news IS the establishment candidate.

nayjevin
04-09-2015, 11:12 PM
The reason they are trying to bring up issues about Rand and women interviewers I believe is somehow tied to Rand not polling well with women. But I'm not sure if Rand's campaign are the ones pulling the strings or an opposing campaign. It seems to be working out in his favor, but it could be someone trying to attack and fail. Or possibly succeed, based on what the polls look like in a week or 3.

Surely some of it is that women hired as a show's token woman are expected to defend an imagined mass of 'female viewer sentiment' described to them by a Luntzer.

twomp
04-09-2015, 11:44 PM
What Rand might be experiencing from the media is known around here as "The Ron Paul" treatment. It's only going to get worse.

heavenlyboy34
04-09-2015, 11:49 PM
What Rand might be experiencing from the media is known around here as "The Ron Paul" treatment. It's only going to get worse.

I understood the "Ron Paul Treatment" to be the MSM equivalent of putting someone on an "ignore" list. Cover him as little as possible and shout him down/cut him off when he tries to speak.

anaconda
04-09-2015, 11:57 PM
I'm really disappointed that Rand didn't immediately turn the tables on Megyn Kelly. Rand could have honestly pointed out that his objections in each of these recent interviews were expressed very calmly and that there was no "tantrum", from a calm sushing to a calm rebuttal that questions were loaded with false premises. And that he had been far more confrontational with male reporters, and that if Fox News had done just a little bit of research for their piece they would have known this. So, when Megyn Kelly said "people are saying blah blah blah" Rand should have said that this was a completely false portrayal and simply asked Megyn if she had any policy questions that she'd like to move on with.

anaconda
04-10-2015, 12:02 AM
I understood the "Ron Paul Treatment" to be the MSM equivalent of putting someone on an "ignore" list. Cover him as little as possible and shout him down/cut him off when he tries to speak.

I believe it also includes media coverage where it is meant to make a candidate look bad in some way, coupled with the targeted blackouts that you identified.

hells_unicorn
04-10-2015, 12:11 AM
This is surreal, and an example of why I generally don't watch Fox News. It seems that instead of going the previous route of using men anchors to call Rand a pansy like they did his father, they are bringing out the chick brigade to call him sexist. I'd laugh at it if I wasn't so well assured of the lack of intelligence on the part of the average Fox News viewer.

I don't think there was a way to avoid this, if Rand had kissed that Associated Press chick's butt the whole time, they'd complain about the lack of sincerity in his smooches. I think Rand needs to stay on the offensive and brush off this feminist-lite rubbish.

adelina
04-10-2015, 12:19 AM
Fox just can't help themselves. The establishment just can't help themselves. They're playing right into Rand's hands. He is getting a lot of Republican grassroots support because of this. Rand is brilliant.

Austrian Econ Disciple
04-10-2015, 12:49 AM
Ah, that institution which is at the forefront of Clinton donations (Fox News Corp.). Seriously, how fucking dumb are conservatives to roll off the cliff like lemmings with Fox a devoutly establishment authoritarian rag of a station ran by a progressive (Rupert Murdoch) that's not even American for crying out loud. Talk about idiocracy. Thankfully, my generation doesn't spend time with syndicated TV and its ear-pieces. Unfortunately, and I have to mention this again, but the elderly generation are the architects of our ruination. Overwhelming against peace and liberalization (in its classical sense...). In all the polls Rand is getting crushed by the over 50 demographic, and as we all know Rand isn't Ron when it comes to philosophic purity. If he loses, we're still winning the war with the young generation.

LibertyEagle
04-10-2015, 12:56 AM
Ah, that institution which is at the forefront of Clinton donations (Fox News Corp.). Seriously, how fucking dumb are conservatives to roll off the cliff like lemmings with Fox a devoutly establishment authoritarian rag of a station ran by a progressive (Rupert Murdoch) that's not even American for crying out loud. Talk about idiocracy. Thankfully, my generation doesn't spend time with syndicated TV and its ear-pieces. Unfortunately, and I have to mention this again, but the elderly generation are the architects of our ruination. Overwhelming against peace and liberalization (in its classical sense...). In all the polls Rand is getting crushed by the over 50 demographic, and as we all know Rand isn't Ron when it comes to philosophic purity. If he loses, we're still winning the war with the young generation.

Yes, yes, your generation has it all together. lol

http://www.theblogmocracy.com/wp-content/uploads/Young-Voters.jpg

anaconda
04-10-2015, 12:58 AM

Ron and Rand are both over 50. And Obama was wildly successful with young voters.

Austrian Econ Disciple
04-10-2015, 01:02 AM

Cherry-pick more. On the issues, we're pretty damn libertarian. That doesn't mean that the 20-somethings that voted for Obama's rhetoric should not be admonished, but we're relatively much better than the over 50s on a lot of issues. For instance, take abortion. We're much more pro-life than the over 50s. On NSA, domestic surveillance, and 4th/5th amendment liberties, we're far better than the over 50s. On issues of war, peace, and liberty/security, we're likewise far better. Ditto on issues such as police militarization, War on Terror, etc. Who was primarily Ron's base? Don't take that as affront on you personally. It's a demographic fact. Rand is getting crushed by the over 50s. They're by far our weakest link. Look at the polls. He's at best -20 favorability. Look at what Ron's were. We crush the under 40 demographic.

Austrian Econ Disciple
04-10-2015, 01:05 AM
Ron and Rand are both over 50. And Obama was wildly successful with young voters.

Do people have a problem with the nuance between a demographic fact and individual belief? Please, show me where I said every over 50? Are you going to dispute that Rand's worst demo is the over 50s? We haven't been able to bust into that demo since 2008. My point was that, if Rand loses the nomination don't act like it's all over. Wait the oldies out, and continue the educational and cultural ground game for the increasingly libertarian youth.

Foreigner
04-10-2015, 09:36 AM

Actually, the latest polls doesn't have a gender gap for Paul anymore. Ted Cruz and Scott Walker, on the other hand, was like 2-1 with men.

This is probably the reason for the gender gap in the first place:
http://i59.tinypic.com/29kt45u.png

I suspect that Rand has a following outside of the self-described libertarians as well.

jllundqu
04-10-2015, 09:40 AM
I'm confused, is this separate from the interview she did with him? or did she harp on it in a separate episode?

mit26chell
04-10-2015, 09:56 AM
I'm confused, is this separate from the interview she did with him? or did she harp on it in a separate episode?

She continued harping on it in a separate interview. My guess is she will continue to do so as well. She is a statist idiot. He should never go back on her show for what she did the other night - deriding him on live TV over a non-issue. Screw her. It's clear what her goal is.

kbs021
04-10-2015, 09:59 AM

This was the next night. Literally half the show was about Rand not acting presidential... They are trying to drown his success out. They did it with the poll headlines on the bottom of the screen. They should have been discussing the poll numbers and chose to talk about his temper lol.

Mr.NoSmile
04-10-2015, 10:00 AM
Just keep his name relevant and out there.

jbauer
04-10-2015, 10:00 AM

In fairness had Obama done 10% of what he promised he'd do we'd be living in a significantly better America. Before you neg rep me, go listen to some of his stump speeches. Obama = Bush 2.0 = Hillary = Bush 3.0

jbauer
04-10-2015, 10:05 AM
Fox just can't help themselves. The establishment just can't help themselves. They're playing right into Rand's hands. He is getting a lot of Republican grassroots support because of this. Rand is brilliant.

Republicans have been SCREAMING for years for someone who has the brass to stand up for themselves. Look at the wet noodle that is John Boehner.

Rand's slogan is: destroy the Washington DC machine. You don't do that being nice to people. You do that by grabbing the bull by the horns/nuts and doing it your way. I think all this media attention is a significant positive. I'd be concerned if in 3-6 months we have 1/2 a dozen more sssshhhisshing episodes.

acptulsa
04-10-2015, 10:37 AM

I see. So you already knew what the word 'quixotic' meant eight years ago?

specsaregood
04-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Actually, the latest polls doesn't have a gender gap for Paul anymore.
That's what I recalled seeing as well. And just wait until Kelly hits the campaign trail. I'd like to see her hitting all the GOP women's luncheons in all the early primary/caucus states. I seem to recall she did a bit of that in his KY senate race.

acptulsa
04-10-2015, 11:52 AM
This would make a hilarious satiric vid. Media bitches bitching about how (insert name here) is bitchy. And all we did is interrupt in the middle of every sentence, put words in his mouth, and ask rhetorical gotcha questions like they deserved an answer. How horrible of him to be impatient with that!

Inkblots
04-10-2015, 11:55 AM
This would make a hilarious satiric vid. Media bitches bitching about how (insert name here) is bitchy. And all we did is interrupt in the middle of every sentence, put words in his mouth, and ask rhetorical gotcha questions like they deserved an answer. How horrible of him to be impatient with that!

As someone who has owned a series of intelligent, even-tempered, loving bitches, I'm offended you would compare them to these women.

RonPaul4Prez2012
04-10-2015, 11:57 AM
So is there a link for the video? I love to see Megan Kelly attempt to advise Rand Paul on how he should run his campaign and behave with the media.

Deborah K
04-10-2015, 03:52 PM
Cherry-pick more. On the issues, we're pretty damn libertarian. That doesn't mean that the 20-somethings that voted for Obama's rhetoric should not be admonished, but we're relatively much better than the over 50s on a lot of issues. For instance, take abortion. We're much more pro-life than the over 50s. On NSA, domestic surveillance, and 4th/5th amendment liberties, we're far better than the over 50s. On issues of war, peace, and liberty/security, we're likewise far better. Ditto on issues such as police militarization, War on Terror, etc. Who was primarily Ron's base? Don't take that as affront on you personally. It's a demographic fact. Rand is getting crushed by the over 50s. They're by far our weakest link. Look at the polls. He's at best -20 favorability. Look at what Ron's were. We crush the under 40 demographic.

Can you just cut the "my generation is better than your generation" crap. Who do you think raised you? Oh, I guess you all raised yourselves. smfh.

Deborah K
04-10-2015, 03:57 PM
So is there a link for the video? I love to see Megan Kelly attempt to advise Rand Paul on how he should run his campaign and behave with the media.

This is from the day before when she interviewed him and attempted to chastise him. I can't find anything on the day after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjiuCDAeTIA

orenbus
04-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Not sure, but I think this is the segment the OP was refereing to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh4E59oqTUY

Austrian Econ Disciple
04-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Can you just cut the "my generation is better than your generation" crap. Who do you think raised you? Oh, I guess you all raised yourselves. smfh.

My folks are under 50, thank you. Anyways, why don't you focus on trying to get your generation more on board, like us under 30's are doing? Why is Rand 20 points in the hole with the over 50s? These are the folks who show up to the polls even in a blizzard with 200 inches of snow on the ground and the roads. Also, yes, the younger generation are way more libertarian than the elder generation - that's a fact, and it's not an attack on you personally.

Deborah K
04-10-2015, 04:49 PM
My folks are under 50, thank you. Anyways, why don't you focus on trying to get your generation more on board, like us under 30's are doing? Why is Rand 20 points in the hole with the over 50s? These are the folks who show up to the polls even in a blizzard with 200 inches of snow on the ground and the roads. Also, yes, the younger generation are way more libertarian than the elder generation - that's a fact, and it's not an attack on you personally.

Don't concern yourself with what I'm focusing on.

And FYI your parents and I are in the same generation.

Feeding the Abscess
04-10-2015, 05:09 PM
I see. So you already knew what the word 'quixotic' meant eight years ago?

Anybody who read Don Quixote in school should have already known what that word meant.

Smitty
04-10-2015, 05:15 PM
The telebimbos on FOX News are radical feminists who will be voting for Hillary.

dillo
04-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Did get so mad that he closed a bridge and killed someone? Or mad enough to produce fake evidence to get us to invade and occupy a country?

No

orenbus
04-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Here is another Fox group on the topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7MlO2Loxc

JohnGalt1225
04-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Republicans have been SCREAMING for years for someone who has the brass to stand up for themselves. Look at the wet noodle that is John Boehner.

Rand's slogan is: destroy the Washington DC machine. You don't do that being nice to people. You do that by grabbing the bull by the horns/nuts and doing it your way. I think all this media attention is a significant positive. I'd be concerned if in 3-6 months we have 1/2 a dozen more sssshhhisshing episodes.
Exactly. If I had a dime I talked to some frustrated Republican/conservative/libertarian and them rant about someone standing up to special interests, the media, Washington, etc. I would be able to make a very generous donation to Rand's campaign. The elitists in the media and the soft academics may not like the less than cordial tone but the people on the street love it. Rand is a fighter and he will fight for what he believes in. The system is horribly broken, it's not referred to as the "Leviathan" because it is nice. It's going to take someone calling out the B.S. and standing up their beliefs to get us on the right track.

ThePaleoLibertarian
04-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Our generation is the most leftist (not liberal, leftist) in some time. That leads to decent positions on some things, but very bad on others. Libertarian economics do not at all appeal to the average millenial, nor do the implications of absolute private property rights. I know Ron did well with my demographic, but Obama did far better and Hillary will do better than both Ron and Rand, since we belong to a generation who thinks that having a female president is an inherent good, regardless of who it is or what they do.

Carlybee
04-10-2015, 07:05 PM

lmao...BS. very broad generalization..young man.

kahless
04-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Here we go again tonight. 20 minutes of trashing Rand with the false narrative and directly calling out us - his supporters. They are pushing the false narrative that Savannah Guthrie was just simply being honest asking questions (not editorializing and telling lies like she was). Rand and his supporters can't handle honest questions, Rand flipped out and his supporters are "trying to beat reporters into submission so they will not ask tough questions."

This followed with praise of Rubio and Ted Cruz. Contrasting Cruz's better temperment compared to Rand. We get it FNC, you are running so scared you are not only having to resort to lying about Rand but now out right falsely attacking his supporters.

Carlybee
04-10-2015, 07:16 PM
Dear Mr. Krautburger ...if you have to ask what a neocon is...you probably are one.

Valli6
04-10-2015, 07:24 PM
(Friday 4/10)
Five minutes into the show and M. Kelly's brought up Rand Paul's behavior again,
Says Rand Paul
"has very vocal supporters online who think their gonna beat you into submission and not asking their candidate tough questions :rolleyes: which I have news for you - you are not."
She and Kraughthammer just suggested Rand Paul is 2nd tier.

georgiaboy
04-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Murdoch and his minions are not going to win this pissing contest. not this time. Not. winning. it.

Dianne
04-10-2015, 09:55 PM
Fox will predictably support the establishment candidate. Fox is in the Rubio camp. It is quite obvious in their coverage over the past three weeks. Fox began the argument against Rand, after his great speech, that who wants another freshman senator after Obama? I told my son then they will have to find another spin, because of their support of Rubio.. So in favor of Rubio they are ditching the freshman senator spin argument in favor of Rand's awful personality spin.

adelina
04-11-2015, 01:52 AM
(Friday 4/10)
Five minutes into the show and M. Kelly's brought up Rand Paul's behavior again,
Says Rand Paul
She and Kraughthammer just suggested Rand Paul is 2nd tier.
Megyn is not nearly as smart as she thinks she is. Some viewers who criticized her interview were not Rand supporters, they were previously indifferent to him. She has now pissed that group of people off. More reason for them to think that she and Fox are unfairly bashing Rand.

idiom
04-11-2015, 03:27 AM
Anybody who read Don Quixote in school should have already known what that word meant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tWiLOOcYkE