PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Fantasizes That Rand Paul Will Nominate Andrew Napolitano To SCOTUS

jct74
04-09-2015, 02:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ab4O8wEs8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ab4O8wEs8

Ronin Truth
04-09-2015, 02:58 PM
As good a guess as many.

They definitely could and have repeatedly done worse.

Xenliad
04-10-2015, 03:32 PM
I, too, fantasize about this.

TNforPaul45
04-10-2015, 07:15 PM
I fantasize about Glenn Beck and his two stooges spontaneously erupting into flames and then ending up in that place where "the worms that eat them do not die, and the fire is not quenched." But hey, you know, its ok to laugh and make fun of Ron Paul on your radio show with your little lackeys and then go on your TV show and scream that we have to be a LOVING and CHRISTIAN nation.

I despise that man.

/rant

Dark_Horse_Rider
04-10-2015, 07:20 PM
so here with beck's endorsement we have the smearing of two crucial figures to the movement,

to all those who find beck repulsive, it is a smear

jbauer
04-10-2015, 07:20 PM
I fantasize about Glenn Beck and his two stooges spontaneously erupting into flames and then ending up in that place where "the worms that eat them do not die, and the fire is not quenched." But hey, you know, its ok to laugh and make fun of Ron Paul on your radio show with your little lackeys and then go on your TV show and scream that we have to be a LOVING and CHRISTIAN nation.

I despise that man.

/rant

He has to get ratings. Ron wasn't the cool kid. Not that it's excusable.

Vanguard101
04-10-2015, 07:22 PM
And how is this bad? Don't we all fantasize this?

Dark_Horse_Rider
04-10-2015, 07:28 PM
^ ^ so here with beck's endorsement we have the smearing of two crucial figures to the movement,

to all those who find beck repulsive, it is a smear

TNforPaul45
04-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Napolitano on the SCOTUS = Good
Glenn Beck pretending like he gives the first flying flip about liberty? BAD.

Spider-Man
04-10-2015, 07:39 PM
I, too, fantasize about this.

Beat me to it.

dude58677
04-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Napolitano on the SCOTUS = Good
Glenn Beck pretending like he gives the first flying flip about liberty? BAD.

If he says something bad then call him out but if not then don't, otherwise it becomes a self-fulling prophecy because he won't like it.

cindy25
04-10-2015, 10:02 PM
this is possible,; Holmes was in his sixty and stayed on the bench for 30 years. this at a time when life expectancy was 50 at best.

I would expect he would also appoint Lee, and possibly Amash.

dude58677
04-10-2015, 10:15 PM
this is possible,; Holmes was in his sixty and stayed on the bench for 30 years. this at a time when life expectancy was 50 at best.

I would expect he would also appoint Lee, and possibly Amash.

Life expectancy is the age a person is expected to live if they were born in 2015. It is not the average age a person dies. People back then and people in third world countries live or lived just as long as we do. The other thing is that vital statistical offices are very sloppy as they are bureaucratic. This sloppiness is an issue esp with older people as in Japan there were 77,000 people who were alleged to be supercentarians. We have no idea how bad this is in other developed countries. In third world countries adults aren't even counted so it goes back to what I stated earlier. I know this is beside the point to the original discussion but I just thought it should be mentioned.

NewRightLibertarian
04-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Glenn Beck is a Judas goat, no doubt about it. Never trust this snake. He is an enemy of liberty.

dude58677
04-10-2015, 10:56 PM
Glenn Beck is a Judas goat, no doubt about it. Never trust this snake. He is an enemy of liberty.

Why don't we decide that until something awful actually comes out of his mouth? How can we say we support due process when we aren't doing that ourselves? Some of these journalists may have changed after listening to both Ron and Rand. The Tea Party has grown and Rand Paul was part of that. Can't we take pride and comfort in that?

Matt Collins
04-10-2015, 10:58 PM
Yeah it is a great thought, but the Judge is not interested in public service as far as I know.

cindy25
04-11-2015, 02:20 AM
Yeah it is a great thought, but the Judge is not interested in public service as far as I know.

no one turns down a SCOTUS appointment.

Scrooge McDuck
04-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Attorney General is better!

Matt Collins
04-11-2015, 03:27 PM
no one turns down a SCOTUS appointment.
If they don't want to be run through the meatgrinder that is the Senate confirmation process, then yes they do.

NIU Students for Liberty
04-11-2015, 06:18 PM
Why don't we decide that until something awful actually comes out of his mouth? How can we say we support due process when we aren't doing that ourselves? Some of these journalists may have changed after listening to both Ron and Rand. The Tea Party has grown and Rand Paul was part of that. Can't we take pride and comfort in that?

Beck isn't some 17 year-old teen who grew up under the Bush administration and parroted Republican talking points but is just now discovering libertarianism. Beck is a grown man who is also is well-versed in politics and had not one, but two opportunities to support Ron Paul. Instead he proclaimed Rick Santorum as the next George Washington.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09SyYkde1zk

serenityrick
04-11-2015, 09:21 PM

As someone who's listened to him since 2010, he's definitely changed. He's been consistent on his support for Rand since he was voted into the Senate.

Prior to 2012, he was definitely "anyone but Obama" (he was quoted as saying he'd vote for a shoe to be President over him) and thus his massive support for Romney once he won the nomination. Since his loss, he's since evolved into a more libertarian stance. If Bush or Huckabee or Christie get the nomination and he suddenly supports them then I'll finally agree with everyone here that he's a snake. but from my perspective, I see him as a man who has changed his views for the better. I know I'm literally the only one here who will say that but whatever.

I understand the hate for him. He was definitely rude to Ron Paul supporters over the years but quite frankly, as an objective observer, the Ron Paul supporters were annoying as fuck. Their "tact" or lack therof turned me and many people off from listening to the libertarian side.

serenityrick
04-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Beck isn't some 17 year-old teen who grew up under the Bush administration and parroted Republican talking points but is just now discovering libertarianism. Beck is a grown man who is also is well-versed in politics and had not one, but two opportunities to support Ron Paul. Instead he proclaimed Rick Santorum as the next George Washington.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09SyYkde1zk

grown men can't change their politics or outlook on the Country?

in 2008 I voted for Obama because I thought progressivism was the way to go
in 2012 I voted for Romney because I wanted to slow the bleeding
now, I'll never vote for a progressive, republican or democrat ever again and consider myself a constitutional libertarian.. I'm a grown man. Am I a snake too?

TNforPaul45
04-11-2015, 09:27 PM

now, I'll never vote for a progressive, republican or democrat ever again and consider myself a constitutional libertarian.. I'm a grown man. Am I a snake too?

You and Beck differ in that you have never hosted a radio show with two snakes and had a 30 minute laugh-fest of making fun of Ron Paul and calling for his supporters to be assaulted by the military while pretending to champion liberty and selling pictures of George Washington on t-shirts. Beck's by-line is "Question with Boldness" but he and his two little toadies make fun of anyone who questions ANYTHING about any official story.

As far as I know, you, at least, have not done that.

garyallen59
04-11-2015, 09:34 PM
As someone who's listened to him since 2010, he's definitely changed. He's been consistent on his support for Rand since he was voted into the Senate.

Prior to 2012, he was definitely "anyone but Obama" (he was quoted as saying he'd vote for a shoe to be President over him) and thus his massive support for Romney once he won the nomination. Since his loss, he's since evolved into a more libertarian stance. If Bush or Huckabee or Christie get the nomination and he suddenly supports them then I'll finally agree with everyone here that he's a snake. but from my perspective, I see him as a man who has changed his views for the better. I know I'm literally the only one here who will say that but whatever.

I understand the hate for him. He was definitely rude to Ron Paul supporters over the years but quite frankly, as an objective observer, the Ron Paul supporters were annoying as fuck. Their "tact" or lack therof turned me and many people off from listening to the libertarian side.

I'm with you dude. I can't imagine him pushing for Huckster, Bush or Christie either and if he does I'll have to admit I've been duped but I really think he will continue to support Rand throughout. Will have to wait and see I guess.

garyallen59
04-11-2015, 09:38 PM
You and Beck differ in that you have never hosted a radio show with two snakes and had a 30 minute laugh-fest of making fun of Ron Paul and calling for his supporters to be assaulted by the military while pretending to champion liberty and selling pictures of George Washington on t-shirts. Beck's by-line is "Question with Boldness" but he and his two little toadies make fun of anyone who questions ANYTHING about any official story.

Yeah and I was up in arms against him through it all. But I really think he's an ally at the moment and I realize that can change but I'll take the support and wait and see. If he's been playing me I'll be the first to admit I've been duped and move on but until then let's enjoy the kind words for Rand.

serenityrick
04-11-2015, 09:48 PM

He called for Ron Paul supporters to be assaulted by the military? This must have been prior to 2010. I've never heard him call for anyone to be assaulted by anyone save for an obvious joke.

I mean the guy used to be an alcoholic and used to support the Patriot act 100% but again, he's changed his view on that entirely. I mean yes he supports Israel but even so he still calls for an end to their foreign aid because he believes they can take care of themselves. That's a pretty big swing towards libertarianism.

/shrug. I'm just calling it how I see it. Ever since I've been here and there's been countless of pro-rand quotes from Glenn posted.. multiple users keep saying "He'll stab us in the back soon, just wait!" and he's just never done it.. and it's been a couple years now. I'm still waiting to be proven wrong on this. I'm not a Beck fanboy by any stretch of the imagination but I think some of you need to relax and realize that influential people are truly coming over to your side of things and be happy about that fact.

Who gives a shit if he made fun of you and your desired candidate in a monologue? Grow some thicker skin for crying out loud. Some of you are coming off as completely irrational.

But again, if he turns on Rand when it counts (and frankly, once Cruz entered the race THAT would have been the time to turn on him.. if he wanted to help sink Rand he could be siding with the media right now and instead he can't stop calling him "brilliant". Or is this all part of the long-game backstab?), I'll concede my opinion on the issue. But right now he's been pro-Rand all the way.. and that's a fantastic thing because he reaches a LOT of people.

NIU Students for Liberty
04-12-2015, 12:53 PM

Do you have a habit of flip flopping on important issues? Are you trying to make money by hijacking a movement and watering it down with your non-libertarian views?

If so, yes, I'd consider you a snake like Beck.

serenityrick
04-12-2015, 05:26 PM
Do you have a habit of flip flopping on important issues? Are you trying to make money by hijacking a movement and watering it down with your non-libertarian views?

If so, yes, I'd consider you a snake like Beck.

Hijacking a movement? lol. Are you the hipsters of a libertarianism? Jesus Christ. And "flip flopping" to libertarianism is a bad thing? Isn't that the fucking goal?

Anti-Neocon
04-12-2015, 05:33 PM
Beck's foreign policy still sucks but it's similar to what Rand says nowadays. And if people are much better off listening to him than Hannity, Levin and the like. I've actually noticed FOX "News" watchers identify as libertarians probably cause of people like him. He's helping us salvage the long-used slur "libertarian" in the eyes of the GOP base. That alone is a good thing.

I love Tom Woods and the like but Glenn Beck actually gets a huge amount of people to soften their views toward libertarian ideas. What is wrong with that? He's a useful idiot.

NIU Students for Liberty
04-12-2015, 06:48 PM
Hijacking a movement? lol. Are you the hipsters of a libertarianism? Jesus Christ. And "flip flopping" to libertarianism is a bad thing? Isn't that the fucking goal?

Evolving your views is one thing. Going back and fourth on them when it's convenient for you is closer to what Beck has been doing all along.

Back in 2011/12, Beck was already proclaiming to be on the side of libertarianism. People here were truly under the impression that Beck was "coming around". In fact, Beck had his pick of 2 candidates (Ron Paul and Gary Johnson to an extent) in that race that were presenting libertarianism on a national stage to a Republican audience that truly didn't know what that political philosophy entailed.

And as I mentioned before, who did he get a boner for? Rick. Fucking. Santorum.

NIU Students for Liberty
04-12-2015, 07:01 PM
He's helping us salvage the long-used slur "libertarian" in the eyes of the GOP base. That alone is a good thing.

No, it's not, because people like Beck truly don't know what libertarianism actually means and as a result, the general public starts defining libertarianism based on his agenda.

This is exactly why the Tea Party was/is an absolute failure. What originally started out as a legitimate grassroots effort to replace the neo cons with representatives in the vain of Ron Paul, quickly transformed into a turf movement with people like Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin at the helm.

I'm assuming you chose your profile picture in order to mock Netanyahu's fear mongering, but yet you're defending Beck, an influential figure that has done nothing but push his audience to bow down to the Israeli government.

Yeah, he's sooo libertarian :rolleyes:

robert9712000
04-12-2015, 07:38 PM

I think the difference between you and Beck and why people are suspect of his sincerity is he has money invest in his political opinion and you don't. He makes money by getting the most people to listen in. If popular conservative opinion is against Ron Paul, most likely his will too, because it's a financially better position for him to have. If the libertarian philosophy is catching on and people want that then he will probably beat on that drum.

Basically he most likely does not have many true convictions and just puts on whatever show he thinks will get the most ratings.(like his many fake cry sessions)

erowe1
04-12-2015, 07:52 PM
There is no chance of nominating Napolitano to the Court. If it happened, it would be a huge embarrassment to Rand. Napolitano has no controversial views than Robert Bork, and less brain power than Harriet Miers. Both of those things would be proven under the slightest bit of media scrutiny and would get even worse if it got as far as Senate hearings.

He should definitely nominate libertarian lawyers. But he needs to pick the intellectual cream of the crop.