PDA

View Full Version : Rand Returns Fire: Dems Have Left Party Over ‘Extreme’ Abortion Stance

jct74
04-09-2015, 01:34 PM
2 page article, also covers a few other issues.

Rand Returns Fire: Dems Have Left Party Over ‘Extreme’ Abortion Stance

by Alex Pappas
1:43 PM 04/09/2015

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul says Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s recent comments on abortion should be interpreted to mean Democrats support the “third-trimester abortions of seven, eight, nine-pound babies.”

In an wide-ranging interview with The Daily Caller, the Republican presidential candidate predicted that Wasserman Schultz’s “extreme position” on abortion could cause people to flee the Democratic Party.

“It sounds like she has said that it’s a private decision, whether it’s a 7-pound baby, a 8-pound baby or 9-pound baby,” Paul told TheDC when asked about his recent back-and-forth with the Democrat on the issue. “And so yeah, I think that’s alarming.”

“I know a lot of people who aren’t necessarily pro-life who have mixed feelings on these issues,” he said. “They might even be pro-choice. But not many of them I know are big fans of third trimester abortions of seven, eight, nine-pound babies.”

read more:
http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/09/rand-returns-fire-dems-have-left-party-over-extreme-abortion-stance/